HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Injury Talk 6.0: Ryder out vs. Pens (DTD, upper body), Prust & Diaz also out

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2013, 08:57 AM
BobbyFischer*

vCash: 500
Kristo will need a few games in the AHL at least before getting called up..

Old
04-04-2013, 09:14 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Kristo will need a few games in the AHL at least before getting called up..
Yeah, I expect him to be up with the big club soon enough.

Old
04-04-2013, 09:16 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Why have this expectation? Kid has never played one pro game yet, and already you expect him to be here ''soon enough''?

Old
04-04-2013, 09:21 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Why have this expectation? Kid has never played one pro game yet, and already you expect him to be here ''soon enough''?
Yes I do expect him to be up soon. He isn't an 18 year old kid coming out of juniors. He had a great year in the NCAA and it's not uncommon for college players to jump into the NHL. I'm basing this assumption on him continuing his good play in Hamilton.

Old
04-04-2013, 09:26 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Let's hope he translates rather seamlessly. We're gonna need scoring alternatives going into the play-offs. Plus, I want him to bump Gionta out of the line-up next season. 5 million better spent elsewhere.

Old
04-04-2013, 09:40 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Yes I do expect him to be up soon. He isn't an 18 year old kid coming out of juniors. He had a great year in the NCAA and it's not uncommon for college players to jump into the NHL. I'm basing this assumption on him continuing his good play in Hamilton.
Maybe next year. Where does he fit this year? I don't see room for him, especially with two rookies up front already.

Old
04-04-2013, 09:40 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Still, you should wait to see him play a few games in the AHL before making any expectations. At least that's me. We're not talking about Crosby here. He had a great year in College, but I rather wait to see how he does in the AHL.
We already have two rookies here up front. Unless we get big injuries to the top 6, I don't really expect to see him up here.

Old
04-04-2013, 09:46 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
From what Bergevin said at his presser yesterday I don't expect Kristo until midseason next year at the earliest.

Old
04-04-2013, 10:32 AM
Frankenheimer

Bring him to us! We have waited long enough.

Old
04-04-2013, 10:35 AM
Slew Foots
Haters gonna hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
From what Bergevin said at his presser yesterday I don't expect Kristo until midseason next year at the earliest.
I didn't get that impression from Bergevin at all.

Actually, Bergevin said it's up to Kristo's play to dictate where he plays. That means that if he manages to impress in Hamilton, I would expect to see Kristo with the Habs sooner rather than later.

Old
04-04-2013, 10:51 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRG87 View Post
I didn't get that impression from Bergevin at all.

Actually, Bergevin said it's up to Kristo's play to dictate where he plays. That means that if he manages to impress in Hamilton, I would expect to see Kristo with the Habs sooner rather than later.
He also said that he's had a great season but he still has a lot of things to work on.

Injuries and Kristo's play will be the determining factors.

There's only 12 games left in about 3 weeks over here. In the AHL, the Dogs have 9 games remaining. So, if he wants to come have a taste of the NHL, he has little time to show he can hang with the AHL guys.

Old
04-04-2013, 10:56 AM
JohnLennon

This thread is about injury talk, can we please stop talking about Kristo? If you want to talk about him, go to the thread made specifically about him.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:15 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Weber going to have to play forward tonight if both guys are out?

Old
04-04-2013, 11:16 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Weber going to have to play forward tonight if both guys are out?
No, we have Dumont and White.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:27 AM
Tusk

Quote:
Guess we'll see what Eller can do in that role because he is the only option at this point.
Hopefully with some mental preparation for the role, unlike last night, he'll look a little sharper. The whole team looked lost without Pleks though, it just screws up the plan as he is the minute eating center, curious to see how they will respond.

I think it's time to go back to the Prust, Galchenyuk, Gallagher line give Desharnais Ryder, and have Halpern Gionta focus on the checking with Moen. Working without Pacioretty too for line combos, the coaches will really have their work cut out for them tonight, maybe Eller back to wing for tonight with Desharnais and Ryder? Ugh, this isn't fun.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:30 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Let's hope he translates rather seamlessly. We're gonna need scoring alternatives going into the play-offs. Plus, I want him to bump Gionta out of the line-up next season. 5 million better spent elsewhere.
There's no reason to expect Kristo to be better than Gionta right away. He might never be, he sure as hell didn't have a better college career than Gionta.

Dominating the NCAA as a senior and dominating the NHL aren't the same thing at all.

Not that surpassing Gionta at his age is that out of the question, but we aren't buying Gionta out with Kaberle on the books. The only hope is to trade Gionta in the off season, and I wouldn't hold your breath there.

If Pacioretty is out for a more than a few games, I wouldn't mind seeing Kristo get a trial run, but Leblanc or even Dumont are more realistic. The last thing this team needs is another rookie forward.

Old
04-04-2013, 12:01 PM
beaverBFP

Quote:
Neither did Galchenyuk, so who knows until he plays a pro game.

Old
04-04-2013, 12:14 PM
Habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan

All I know is with bourque Diaz and even pacioretty we can go a couple games without them but plekanec we can't affor to lose him for an extended amount of time he's our mister everything and it showed last night. Like therrien said when we lost pleky we looked lost out there and I couldn't agree more. Hopefully he's back for the Boston game.

Old
04-04-2013, 01:06 PM
Rozz

Quote:
Still, you should wait to see him play a few games in the AHL before making any expectations. At least that's me. We're not talking about Crosby here. He had a great year in College, but I rather wait to see how he does in the AHL.
We already have two rookies here up front. Unless we get big injuries to the top 6, I don't really expect to see him up here.
big injuries to the top 6? ... like say.. Plecks and Patches?

Old
04-04-2013, 01:11 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
The amount of rookies we have right now doesn't really matter since they are what's best for this team and are ahead of every player down in Hamilton. And it's going to be the same thing IMO for Kristo, if he goes there and has a great weekend for example and they feel he would be a better call up then Leblanc or anyone else they will bring him up. This new management isn't scared of playing the young players and having 3 rookies up front if needed

Old
04-04-2013, 01:24 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverBFP View Post
Neither did Galchenyuk, so who knows until he plays a pro game.
Precisely my point. Wait till he plays one game before expecting anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
big injuries to the top 6? ... like say.. Plecks and Patches?
Those two are on day to day, that's not big injuries. And we already have the depth up here to support those losses. We'll need help on the bottom lines more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
The amount of rookies we have right now doesn't really matter since they are what's best for this team and are ahead of every player down in Hamilton. And it's going to be the same thing IMO for Kristo, if he goes there and has a great weekend for example and they feel he would be a better call up then Leblanc or anyone else they will bring him up. This new management isn't scared of playing the young players and having 3 rookies up front if needed
They won't be scared no. I also don't think they'll call Kristo if we need help on the bottom line.
Kristo might be ready, I just think it's premature to think that way when his only experience is at a collegiate level. I rather wait a few games in the AHL before expecting to see him here.

Old
04-04-2013, 01:26 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
There's no reason to expect Kristo to be better than Gionta right away. He might never be, he sure as hell didn't have a better college career than Gionta.

Dominating the NCAA as a senior and dominating the NHL aren't the same thing at all.

Not that surpassing Gionta at his age is that out of the question, but we aren't buying Gionta out with Kaberle on the books. The only hope is to trade Gionta in the off season, and I wouldn't hold your breath there.

If Pacioretty is out for a more than a few games, I wouldn't mind seeing Kristo get a trial run, but Leblanc or even Dumont are more realistic. The last thing this team needs is another rookie forward.
Moving Gionta is a bad idea as you said. Maybe the year after when he becomes a UFA, but having him around is worth it just for the ledaership he gives the young players.

Old
04-04-2013, 01:30 PM
TheGoalJudge

At this point of the season with such a tight schedule, any skilled player who has some speed and is FRESH will be a huge boost to the lineup.

Remember Kreider last year? Kid was fresh and was the fastest guy on the ice.

Kristo's going to have some time off in between his college season and when/if he comes up here. If he has some juice in his legs he will be a big, big help I think.

Old
04-04-2013, 01:47 PM
Karl Pilkington

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Sometimes I forget he's even playing for the team... I mean I don't expect him to score every game, but as a team captain, some nights he has absolutely no impact on the game.. I think a captain needs to bring more to the table.

Old
04-04-2013, 03:08 PM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Chainz View Post
So we don't have to see Prust/Moen in our top 6. Would rather see Galchenyuk at centre but I just want to see him get more minutes on an offensive line.
I wouldn't mind putting Prust with DD and Gally to try and get some grit on that line.

Closed Thread