Notices

Winnipeg Jets vs Montreal Canadiens 630 CT TSN Jets

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2013, 08:05 AM
videofarmer
thirsty

vCash: 500
Almost any way you look at this one, it will be quite the challenge for the Jets. It's almost a guaranteed loss, so Jets win this one in dramatic fashion once again igniting hope for a nice playoff run!

Old
04-04-2013, 08:33 AM
gholas

vCash: 214
I think they'll win this one, the players are prolly a little mad they weren't the next Oduya, no other team wanted any of our dead wieght players.... Now they have something to prove.

Old
04-04-2013, 08:40 AM
Huffer

vCash: 1125
I can't NOT cheer for the Jets, but I wish I knew if we were going to make the playoffs or not because I also don't want this team to just miss the playoffs and pick 14th in the draft.

Either start winning or start losing Jets! In the words or Ricky Bobby:

Old
04-04-2013, 08:57 AM
castle
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by bromine View Post
Budaj in net for the habs.
apparently a reward for good work... a home start in front of his brother, father, and uncle, who all came over from... Slovakia?

he'll be pumped for this game.

Old
04-04-2013, 08:58 AM
cheswick
Non-registered User

Old
04-04-2013, 09:01 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
I always try to be optimistic, but I just don't have the faith in this team right now. It's unfortunate that the only way i'll feel surprised tonight is if we pull out a win, which also means I won't be disappointed in a loss given I expect it. Prove me wrong, Jets.

"The ‘now’ is very good in Chicago. The ‘now’ back in the days when they were drafting first, second and third? It wasn’t very good. But the core of fans that stuck with them, if you asked them now, I betcha they’d say it was worth it.” - Kevin Cheveldayoff
Old
04-04-2013, 09:01 AM
TCsmyth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post
Of course we do.

We still ****ing love this ****ing game and this ****ing team.

Go Jets! Turn the ship!
Quote:
I don't bail on my team - I will watch every single minute of this game, no matter the outcome.*

Go, Jets Go! DarthMonty
You guys are describing exactly how I feel. And when things are like this - it only makes me think how frikken SWEET and AWESOME it will feel when we taste success - whenever that may be.

After the Oilers had their run of cups and had to break it up - the fanbase became blah. I pledge to live and die by my Jets!

Old
04-04-2013, 09:08 AM
Shakey Rustie
2L

Whoever designed this schedule deserves a slap in the face. We already have the most games played, Saturday's game is our 4th in 6 days (its a 2pm start). Fuming over, go Jets go!

Old
04-04-2013, 09:20 AM
Soble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakey Rustie View Post
Whoever designed this schedule deserves a slap in the face. We already have the most games played, Saturday's game is our 4th in 6 days (its a 2pm start). Fuming over, go Jets go!
But we then get a nice break with just 2 games Apr 9 and 11 between our games Apr 6 and 16. Against lowly Buffalo and Florida (yes yes I know, no team is "lowly" compared to the Jets). Just in time to get rested, healthy, and push to win that SE!

Old
04-04-2013, 09:21 AM
cheswick
Non-registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakey Rustie View Post
Blaming the schedule for loses is as bad as blaming the refs. Every team has its share of busy and slow points in the schedule and every team gets its share of good and bad calls.

Old
04-04-2013, 09:23 AM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
Blaming the schedule for loses is as bad as blaming the refs. Every team has its share of busy and slow points in the schedule and every team gets its share of good and bad calls.
Not bothering to show up to certain games was more of the problem than reffing or travel. The team came out flat against division rivals Washington (twice) and Carolina, there was almost NO will to win those games, this team needs a heart-transplant!

Chevy is filling the roster with a guy who hasn't shown up for two years for a guy who shows up once every 4 games, let see how that works out.

Old
04-04-2013, 09:24 AM
Huffer

I'm going to keep asking where Kulda is until he gets in the lineup. Not because I think he's an awesome 2nd pair guy. He's more of a 3rd pairing guy.
But why did they fly the guy over here, and why are they paying him to sit in the pressbox? He's a RFA in 10 more games. Shouldn't the Jets get him into the lineup so they have an idea if they want to resign him or not?

Old
04-04-2013, 09:29 AM
Conflicted Habs fan

I bought a ticket tonight in the Bell centre, if you look really close on TV you probably won't see me because its in the nose bleed section, ha, you think the tics would be cheap up there. Nope. I'll be wearing the white Jets jersey. Go Jets Go!

Old
04-04-2013, 09:32 AM
jetkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
I'm going to keep asking where Kulda is until he gets in the lineup. Not because I think he's an awesome 2nd pair guy. He's more of a 3rd pairing guy.
But why did they fly the guy over here, and why are they paying him to sit in the pressbox? He's a RFA in 10 more games. Shouldn't the Jets get him into the lineup so they have an idea if they want to resign him or not?
There is a benefit to having him practise with the team . They haven't seen him up close for a year , so this helps form some consensus imo.

Beyak said he feels Buff is going to play RW pretty much the rest of the season , so we may see some movement on the back end as far as Kulda goes.

Old
04-04-2013, 09:34 AM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Wouldn't be surprised if this is the night we see Kulda with Buff moving to wing. But then again TNSE want's Meech to play so Kulda may be the odd man out.

Old
04-04-2013, 09:38 AM
SensibleGuy

We needed to win at least one of the last three games. A win tonight would help, but I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that we're done here. Too many wasted opportunities right back to game number 6 of this season. Since going 3-1-1 in the first five theres been very little drive and while the team has managed to win some games against good teams, they've rarely if ever won games that they should have won - and those loses are killing them now. Putting Buff up front is an act of utter desperation. If it helps, great. But I think it might do more damage than good...

GO JETS GO! At least make it interesting...

Old
04-04-2013, 09:42 AM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 831
We're right behind them in the standings and they play their backup against us... no respect... no respect...

Old
04-04-2013, 09:49 AM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
There is a benefit to having him practise with the team . They haven't seen him up close for a year , so this helps form some consensus imo.

Beyak said he feels Buff is going to play RW pretty much the rest of the season , so we may see some movement on the back end as far as Kulda goes.
I agree with the notion of seeing him in practice, but at some point you would think they want to see him in game action when the bullets are flying no? Especially when they need to make a decision on him in 10 games. I could see being ultra patient if he had another year left, but they need to make a decision on him this off season.

Yeah, if Buff goes to RW, that could open a spot for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Wouldn't be surprised if this is the night we see Kulda with Buff moving to wing. But then again TNSE want's Meech to play so Kulda may be the odd man out.
Agreed. Buff moving up may open a spot. But like you said, you never know if they will put Kulda in over Meech or Postma (assuming Enstrom, Bogo, Hainsey, Stuart, and Clitsome are the locks for the top 5).

Is Clitsome back?

Old
04-04-2013, 09:50 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250
Win or lose tonight, the impending arrival of Scheifele, Trouba, Lowry, etc. over the next few seasons leaves me with nothing but enthusiasm and hope for the future of this team. Frankly, they've managed quite a bit this season given the clear lack of organizational depth, so the nearby picture doesn't really concern me. That is called looking at the "big picture".

As an aside, it has been interesting to watch a bunch of new accounts and others come out of the woodwork lately; a cynic might suggest that many of them are simply attempting to foster rancor around here at the first hint of any headwinds. The best argument that most of them can come up with seemingly is that the team isn't trading picks and players to prolong a very tenuous playoff run when in reality all the Jets management are doing is sticking with their oft-stated plan of building for the future. I'm conversely glad we didn't trade the future to be saddled with guys that other more competitive teams have deemed as expendable, frankly.

So anyway, Go Jets Go.

Old
04-04-2013, 09:54 AM
castle
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgsilver View Post
**** Line up is subject to change based on waiver wire[/center]
love it

Old
04-04-2013, 09:59 AM
WPGNYRFan

vCash: 0
I'm going to start drinking now so that I can be properly soused by the time this game starts. I'm pretty sure it's the only way I'll be able to sit through the whole thing.

I hate Montreal so much and they destroy both of the teams I cheer for with ease.

Old
04-04-2013, 10:01 AM
Gil Fisher

I think somewhere in the bombardment of news items yesterday I heard the walking wounded are close to returning and Wright should be first. Anyone here this? Is he practicing? No contact jersey?

It would be nice to have Wright back.

And from the broken record files, it would be nice if Wellwood was in the pressbox.

Old
04-04-2013, 10:03 AM
Jet
Stand by your man

I don't usually predict the outcome of the game cause I thought it was a jinx but how exactly do you jinx -- this? So:

Jets lose 6-2

Eller scores hat-trick in first minute

Noel, enraged that Burmistrov is only skating east-west, crams a whole roll of Halls down his throat, choking him.

Markov takes a slapshot, which goes off of Bogosian's surgically-repaired wrist, shattering it. It ricochets off of Hainsey's ass and into the net.

Byfuglien falls behind the net... on top of Enstrom who is never heard from again.

In between the 2nd and 3rd period the Jets acquire Blunden from the Habs off waivers, he comes over to the Jets dressing room and Slater, in a fit of rage, not knowing that he had been acquired beats the **** out of him, re-breaking his hand. He falls on Wright, which re-aggravates his shoulder injury.

There's no way the Jets can disappoint me now

04-04-2013, 10:04 AM
winterpeg
Sharp Dressed Man

I know that the deadline was yesterday, but can we give Montreal a 1st and Noel for their coach while they're in town?

I'm not one to chase Noel out of town, but Montreal SUCKED last year, and with very few on ice changes, look at them now. That's the guy I want on my bench. The "losing attitude" from last year sure hasn't slowed THEM down.

Anyway, I hope we win, but I'm not sure at this point.

I hope Burmistrov plays a good game and gets put on a line with Kane. I think they could be good together but Burmi has to stop being selfish and pass to his 4th line linemates who can't keep up, and get some assists before he gets bumped up, I expect.

Noel isn't a bad coach, but some of his decisions, like riding pavelec to death when by all accounts, Montoya has played pretty well when he's been called upon this year, and making young guys earn top six spots from the 3rd/4th line, when playing 5 minutes and with scrubs for linemates, (I.E. basically the worst spot to "make yourself look good" from) just don't make any sense to me.

Old
04-04-2013, 10:06 AM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

Plekanec is out and Pacioretty is doubtful, it will be a gametime decision, Budaj in nets.

Good game guys.

Closed Thread