HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

John Moore

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2013, 10:01 AM
TheRightWay

vCash: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Most, if not all, of those guys will be signed before they are a UFA.
Right, and then it's going to be a bunch of teams in bidding wars and therefore paying top money to players like Paul Stastny.

Old
04-04-2013, 10:03 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt4776 View Post
In 2013 there is who? Weiss? He's not somebody that will grow with our core, and he'll be paid a pretty penny. In 2014 there's Joe Pavs atm, and who knows if he'll be resigned.

The same people that recommend filling out our teams with FA are the same ones that hated Gabby for his salary, despite the fact that he was our only real successful FA signing to date. When will we learn?

They will probably keep Richards one more season, then buy him out in 2014. Let's remember that it's still millions of dollars in cash for Dolan and Richards will still be useful as a top-6 center, hopefully going back to his old form.

Old
04-04-2013, 10:04 AM
Matt4776
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Richards doesn't have to be bought out until after 2014.

Malkin
Vanek
Thornton
Marleau
Datsyuk
Stastny
Sedin's
Kessel
Pominville
Bergeron

All available.
How many of those will reach FA? Maybe Marleau and Stastny? Maybe Pominville? Prepare to get in a bidding war and paying much more than what he's worth.

Funny, isn't that why we just traded Gaborik?

Oh. And I laughed that you even included Kessel on there. Everyone bashes Gabby's one-dimensional ness, and you more one-dimensional yet worse player to chase in Kessel.

That being said, if we do choose to wait till 2014 to buyout Richie, then I don't think we need to trade for a C at all. I think Miller would be ready by then with Nieves/Lindberg taking the 3/4 spots.

Old
04-04-2013, 10:06 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Most, if not all, of those guys will be signed before they are a UFA.
That's fine. Doesn't mean they have to move MDZ for a forward which was the reason I brought up the names....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWay View Post
Right, and then it's going to be a bunch of teams in bidding wars and therefore paying top money to players like Paul Stastny.
We will see. See the above.

Quote:
How many of those will reach FA? Maybe Marleau and Stastny? Maybe Pominville? Prepare to get in a bidding war and paying much more than what he's worth.

Funny, isn't that why we just traded Gaborik?

Oh. And I laughed that you even included Kessel on there. Everyone bashes Gabby's one-dimensional ness, and you more one-dimensional yet worse player to chase in Kessel.

That being said, if we do choose to wait till 2014 to buyout Richie, then I don't think we need to trade for a C at all. I think Miller would be ready by then with Nieves/Lindberg taking the 3/4 spots.
You just argued in a circle and then came over to exactly what I was saying.

Also, the Gaborik signing was a great move by the organization. I wish they could do that every year. Sign a big money UFA for nothing but money and turn them into long-term young assets.

Old
04-04-2013, 10:09 AM
Pugs35

Are we back to this already? MDZ played against Malkin, Neal and Iginla for most of last night and they didn't have a point. Combine that with our complete lack of offense from our D, and yeah, I have no interest in moving him.

Old
04-04-2013, 10:10 AM
Matt4776
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
That's fine. Doesn't mean they have to move MDZ for a forward which was the reason I brought up the names....

We will see. See the above.

You just argued in a circle and then came over to exactly what I was saying.

Also, the Gaborik signing was a great move by the organization. I wish they could do that every year. Sign a big money UFA for nothing but money and turn them into long-term young assets.
I don't think Richie will last till 2014. I hope to hell he does, but I don't think he will. Hence my argument.

Old
04-04-2013, 10:12 AM
Green Blob*

IF any of the dman is expendable with getting Moore it would be Girardi, not MDZ. Especially next season when Girardi is in his final year of his contract and could get 5M on his next contract (not from us hopefully).

Old
04-04-2013, 10:12 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
I don't think Richie will last till 2014. I hope to hell he does, but I don't think he will. Hence my argument.
I think he has to. I really see this drought that he is in as nothing more than a dip in production and a lack of any linemates that compliment him. Clowe will be good for him.

In 2014 they can re-evaluate. Maybe Stepan and Brassard are legit #1/2 centers and they can go out and get a d-man? Or a winger to help compliment them? Maybe they use that money because Staal comes back and goes Bobby Orr on the entire league. Maybe Lindberg comes over and turns into Datsyuk and is a legit top-6 center as well. Who knows.

Hard to predict, the future is.

Old
04-04-2013, 10:13 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Blob View Post
IF any of the dman is expendable with getting Moore it would be Girardi, not MDZ. Especially next season when Girardi is in his final year of his contract and could get 5M on his next contract (not from us hopefully).
Girardi is the only RD besides Stralman and McIlrath.

Moore can play the right side.

Old
04-04-2013, 10:33 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
This makes me wish we move DZ in a ROR type deal.

Don't get me wrong, I love DZ, but he's a bit redundant here. He's great defensively and plays with snarl, but he never really developed into that PP offensive-dynamo we thought he would be.

If we could swap DZ for a ROR type top 6 young center (after we buy out Richie), we could be looking at a roster for next year of:

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Clowe-ROR-Callahan
Hagelin-Brassard-Zucc
Boyle-Powe-Asham

Staal-G
McD-Stralman
Moore-McIlrath

I put Kreider on the third originally, but that line (Kreider, Brassard and Zucc) would be horrid defensively.

In 2014-2015, our D could very well be:

McD-G
Staal-Moore
Skjei-McIlrath

That's one very good skater on every pairing. Exciting.
MDZ is on pace for 36~ points as a d-man on a team that is awful offensively and isn't 24 yet, while being solid defensively and never shying away from the physical aspects of the game.

He's definitely developing into what I hoped he would be.

Old
04-04-2013, 10:48 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Girardi is unrestricted. The Rangers need to decide what they will do this summer. Don't let it linger and then he becomes a group III next July. He is also their only righty besides Stralman.

Old
04-04-2013, 10:49 AM
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?

Quote:

In what universe does Miller look like a projected top 6 center right now, let alone a replacement for Richards, one of the top playmakers in the league? Before you point to Richards poor start, let's remember he looks much better as of late and has 6pts in his last 6 games. If anything, the emergence of Stepan and acquisition of Brassard makes Richards look a bit more expendable. However, should this team make the playoffs, Richards will need to be a key player in any kind of run.

To get back on topic, I liked what I saw from Moore last night. Smooth skater who is competent defensively and has a nice first pass. His type of presence on the bottom pairing was sorely missed all year.

Old
04-04-2013, 10:53 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post
Del Zotto for Setoguchi and a pick either this offseason or the draft.
Feh.

04-04-2013, 10:54 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Moore does not make MDZ expendable.
Or redundant.

Old
04-04-2013, 10:56 AM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

I can only imagine how he feels. He's 22 and gets traded from Columbus to New York. I think he's going to like it here and his game's gonna show it.

Old
04-04-2013, 10:57 AM
Matt4776
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Thats Nashty View Post
In what universe does Miller look like a projected top 6 center right now, let alone a replacement for Richards, one of the top playmakers in the league? Before you point to Richards poor start, let's remember he looks much better as of late and has 6pts in his last 6 games. If anything, the emergence of Stepan and acquisition of Brassard makes Richards look a bit more expendable. However, should this team make the playoffs, Richards will need to be a key player in any kind of run.

To get back on topic, I liked what I saw from Moore last night. Smooth skater who is competent defensively and has a nice first pass. His type of presence on the bottom pairing was sorely missed all year.
In the universe when you realize he showed flashes of brilliance as a 19 year old playing with Taylor Pyatt and Brian (not Byron) Boyle.

He's 19. He showed me he's not ready for the NHL this year. He showed me, however, that he has the hunger, the ability, and the JAM to be a top-6 player in this league sooner than later.

Did MDZ look like a serviceable player in his 19-20 year old season? He looked horrid at the NHL level.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:02 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Can't we just be happy the kid played so well and enjoy the fact that we may have a solid bottom-pairing defender on our hands for the playoff push? He pushed Hamrlik to the press box and that's good enough for me.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:04 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
I
Did MDZ look like a serviceable player in his 19-20 year old season? He looked horrid at the NHL level.
More than serviceable. He had some issues defensively, but also had 37 points.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:04 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Can't we just be happy the kid played so well and enjoy the fact that we may have a solid bottom-pairing defender on our hands for the playoff push? He pushed Hamrlik to the press box and that's good enough for me.
Would have preferred if he pushed Eminger.

Old
04-04-2013, 12:02 PM
Blueblood9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Girardi is unrestricted. The Rangers need to decide what they will do this summer. Don't let it linger and then he becomes a group III next July. He is also their only righty besides Stralman.
I think g-man is the odd man of unfortunately. He's due to get a raise and Big Mac should be ready next year. I think giardi gets moved at the draft or deadline next year for picks.

D should look like
Mcd-Staal
Mdz-straalman
Moore-mci

Old
04-04-2013, 12:08 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
He still might. This trade may allow the Rangers to get Hamrlik into shape and Eminger could eventually be the odd man out. Actually Eminger would be the odd man out when and if Staal returns.

I heard Sam Rosen say yesterday on NHL Radio that Staal may have already started skating. The worry is blood still pooling in his eye. If that issue is resolved Staal could return by the last week of the season.

Old
04-04-2013, 12:15 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
I think he will eventually. Just a matter of getting Staal healthy. I think Eminger has looked better than Hamrlik though, TBH.

Old
04-04-2013, 12:24 PM
Affinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Blob View Post
My god yes. I understand that we are a little weak on the right side but people who want to ship out MDZ or Staal without entertaining the idea that Girardi would be the one who is moved boggle my mind. It will be G moving before any of Staal, McDonagh and MDZ. They are all young and have yet to hit their primes as defensemen.

With that said, Moore looks a lot like McDonagh skating out there. Our D corps just got a lot more stable and quicker!

Old
04-04-2013, 12:26 PM
Xoggz22

You got a good young player in Moore. As you've already seen Moore can skate with any forward as his ability is top notch. He has good pivots, uses all edges. He has good speed and lateral movement. He should rival McDonough in skating ability. He's not overly physical but has improved his board play (sill needs work) and defensive positioning dramatically. He can skate the puck out of trouble and also has an excellent first pass. Not sure he has the vision for stretch passes or difficult options but he's sound. He'll join the rush but don't confuse him with an offensive defenseman.

John Moore is a great young man and a workout nut. I don't believe he's very vocal but he's young. He has a ton of upside and some of us on the CBJ boards thought he could, could ultimately be a top pair guy if he can get his offense in line. One thing I recall hearing is that he won the hardest shot (or 2nd?) when playing in the USHL or Juniors but not sure that's true. He rarely shoots so it's difficult to actually tell how good his shot is. I think you can expect 20-30 pts from him annually with an outside shot at 40 pts when he gets more experience. He'll be a solid 2-way dman and is probably the key to the Gaborik deal.

Good luck to him. You'll see he's a real pleasure on and off the ice.

Old
04-04-2013, 12:30 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:
if staal is back he can push both into the press box.

Closed Thread