HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Erat & Michael Latta to the Capitals for Filip Forsberg

Old
04-04-2013, 09:52 AM
glenngineer

vCash: 500
Was looking at the list of UFA forwards that are available at this moment and none give me the chills. Once Perry and Getzlaf came off the market, the top 6 forward list became barren of a guy we'd want here. Build through the draft and trades is going to be the way we have to go. I'd say let the young kids develop and draft well.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:54 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtrickhayOrnqvistpay View Post
Was looking at the list of UFA forwards that are available at this moment and none give me the chills. Once Perry and Getzlaf came off the market, the top 6 forward list became barren of a guy we'd want here. Build through the draft and trades is going to be the way we have to go. I'd say let the young kids develop and draft well.
Just wait. With the cap falling, there may be more than you think becoming available. In fact, we may see a ton of movement (not necessarily with the Preds) at the draft. With picks being so valuable, we may see a 1st or 2nd go a long way in getting talent.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 10:05 AM
Webersmashpuck

vCash: 1088
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
If Erat gets 80 points, I'll quit HF after 10 years.

You're blaming "the system" for Erat's okay production, and that's ludicrous. He's historically played with good linemates, and he's been historically "pretty good." With that said, there's been an obvious regression in his ability in the last couple of seasons. He's always held on to the puck for too long, he's always attempted passes when there was a clear shot, but statistically his corsi and fenwick numbers, as well as turnovers, are trending the wrong way. You can blame linemates for that, but i don't buy all of that.

Erat has been a good player for the Predators, but I think you're setting unreal expectations for Capitals fans. He's a very good player when he's on, but I'd stop short of calling him some sort of star.
Id say the only regression is this season. Last year Erat was on a 67 point pace during the entire season. I don't think it is off base at all to expect 10-15 more points if he is feeding Ovechkin and Backstrom for a whole year. Granted he usually only plays 70 games, but I think he still has a career year next year.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 10:07 AM
Bad Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
Poile didn't have to trade Erat yesterday. He said he got the request 2 weeks ago. On the radio, he said that he was planning on dealing with it in the offseason. Tuesday night, he called Washington and told him Erat was available, gave GMGM his sales pitch and told him he wanted Forsberg. Deal commenced yesterday.

To me, it seems like Poile went fishing, and I would bet my house he did it with more than Washington, and he got a bite. Hopefully Poile's fish story in a few years looks like he caught a whale rather than a guppy
Yep, he said all the other teams just wanted to send draft picks back.

Bad Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 10:08 AM
Bad Karma

Quote:
Wait for the compliance buyouts to start. Market will likely increase.

Bad Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 10:12 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I think most of the guys being bought out will be guys like Brad Richards, 32 year old center, producing at the same pace as Legwand.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 10:37 AM
Preddownsouth

Quote:
There are several teams already starting to rub against next season's lowered cap with roster spots yet to be filled. It makes for an interesting offseason - one that hopefully will add a good veteran forward and a D to this team because of it.

Preddownsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 10:38 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsboro View Post
Kind of like how Tootoo was a scourge, dirty player when he was in Nashville ... and now that he wears the winged wheel, NBC is all over his jock about how he finishes his checks, plays tough, etc.

Par for the course as a Predators fan ...
It happens with every team. Ask a Canucks fan or a Leafs fan around here what they think the general HF consensus is of their highly touted prospects. I would be shocked if a majority of the ones who post on neutral boards didn't say HF undervalues their prospects unless they are traded.

It's part of the sports fan culture around here.

04-04-2013, 11:00 AM
Dosing

Found a little interview with forsberg from hockeysverige, if u can handle google translate

Was taken by surprise by trade
"A shock." To describe Filip Forsberg yesterday's announcement that he got to see their rights become traded from Washington to Nashville before yesterday's trading deadline.
- This was something I had not expected at all, he says to hockeysverige.se.
It happens a lot in Filip Forsberg hockeyliv currently. On Saturday, he and Leksand ready for the premier league next season and much spoke for him to go over to the Washington Capitals organization after the season with Leksand was over.

But last night it happened strange things you have read about here on hockeysverige.se. Only an hour after the transfer window had closed the NHL Nashville Predators announced that they had traded Martin houses and Michael Latta to the Washington Capitals in exchange for Filip Forsberg.

Hockey Sweden's chief editor, Uffe Bodin, commented on the transaction as follows: "To Washington gives up Forsberg less than a year after draftat him as the eleventh player in the first round draft came as a big surprise."

Filip Forsberg himself was also he was very surprised and found out that he traded of his team mate.
- It was actually Jacob de la Rose called me. He sat and followed online what happened before the transfer window closed. Jacob called me and said that there were things going on. Then, it was a minute or so, he called again and said it was ready to Nashville, so he was the one who told me.

How did you react to the news?
- At first I was shocked, of course. This was something I had not anticipated at all. Now it so happens that it was only to accept, but it was a shock, absolutely.

Had you received any indication of Washington that this could happen?
- No, I had not received. We had just talked about how we would make the postseason. Little bit about what they liked and what I thought. Then came here and, like I said, it was definitely a little shock.

Have you had any contact with Nashville's organization after Jacob de la Rose gave you this news?
- Yes, it rang some people last night so I've talked a little bit with them.

What has Nashville said about your future?
- The club have said that they see a bright future for me and we are very pleased to have gotten me to the organization. It sounded kanonbra on their part, I must say.

Did you talk about anything you want to go over there after the game against Sodertalje tomorrow?
- It went so quickly yesterday while was quite taken by surprise over this news. We did not talk much about it, but we'll take it over next few days.

Although Filip Forsberg plans were to travel to the Washington Capitals to play, he is already well briefed about his new club.
- Nashville is a really good goalie (Pekka Rinne) then it has to Shea Weber in the lead a really good defensive. That is primarily what has distinguished Nashville in recent years.
- Since it's very country and that's about it as I have an eye on, laughing Forsberg.

Nashville Predators have a Swedish right now playing in the NHL, Patric Hörnqvist . But it's not that Filip Forsberg is already familiar with.
- No, I know him really.

The Farm Team's Magnus Hellberg , Mattias Ekholm , Patrick Cehlin and Daniel Bang . Is the previously familiar to you?
- I do not feel, what I think, anyway, haha ​​...

What do you know about Nashville as a city except that it played a lot of country music in the bars there?
- What I have been told by some people at practice today, our North Americans (Kevin Kapstad and Mark Hurtubise) had a bit of an eye, is that Nashville will be a very good city to live in, which also feels good. It feels like this is going to be super.

Disappointed trade or you see only opportunities?
- Absolutely not disappointed. There are things that happen in this business. I take it for what it is and try to do things as I can. Hopefully I can have a very bright future in Nashville.

Dosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:15 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Agreed. We need one, maybe even two, although we could potentially get one of those at the draft. We're going to have something in the neighborhood of $10M to work with once all our RFAs are signed for those one or two forwards (assuming no other moves to shed salary), so money isn't an issue, we have a good city to play in, and we have a star defenseman and goaltender. Star power tends to bring more star power...
Need a top 4 d-man and potentially a top six, depending on how quick they work Forsberg in. I don't see his stay in Milwaukee being long, if at all.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:15 AM
token grinder

as far as compliance, I bet you don't see much action/

Teams in trouble-

philly. 19 guys under contract-8 mil of space-4 cheap RFA maybe briere or bryz

vancouver-14 under contract, 8 mil space 3 cheap RFA. capgeek is weird with them. they have 62 mil in payroll, yet they say they have 8 mil in space. anyway-buyouts maybe-ballard, luongo, booth

tampa-18/9.5 space. 3 cheap RFA and bishop. buyouts-ohlund, malone, maybe lecavlier

chicago-16/11.7 space kruger and leddy rfa-4 million for both, maybe. buyouts-montador, olesz, maybe hossa if he gets hurt again this season

point being-we trade for help or plug a quick "fix" forward in next year

with what we have, or at least what we know we have for next year isn't too bad-

beck-legwand-horn (RFA)
sk-fisher-bourque
smith-forsberg-wilson
spaling (RFA)-gaustad-halischuk (RFA)
clune-mueller (UFA)-yip (UFA)
butler (RFA)-watson-budish

we have depth. unproven, young depth. what could we add? elias, Riberio, Horton, Clowe about the best of the UFA bunch.gagne and wheeler, the realistic RFA bunch

what I kinda want to see is an offer sheet to Pitrangelo for 7 million a year.make the blues match that. 13 guys under contract and 26 million in space. RFA-AP, shattenkirk berglund and stewart. Figure 16 mil to cover those guys / leaves them 10 million to fill out with 5 guys. they have sweetheart deals with oshie and backes. someone needs to drive their payroll up.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:20 AM
alexmanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
as far as compliance, I bet you don't see much action/

Teams in trouble-

philly. 19 guys under contract-8 mil of space-4 cheap RFA maybe briere or bryz

vancouver-14 under contract, 8 mil space 3 cheap RFA. capgeek is weird with them. they have 62 mil in payroll, yet they say they have 8 mil in space. anyway-buyouts maybe-ballard, luongo, booth

tampa-18/9.5 space. 3 cheap RFA and bishop. buyouts-ohlund, malone, maybe lecavlier

chicago-16/11.7 space kruger and leddy rfa-4 million for both, maybe. buyouts-montador, olesz, maybe hossa if he gets hurt again this season

point being-we trade for help or plug a quick "fix" forward in next year

with what we have, or at least what we know we have for next year isn't too bad-

beck-legwand-horn (RFA)
sk-fisher-bourque
smith-forsberg-wilson
spaling (RFA)-gaustad-halischuk (RFA)
clune-mueller (UFA)-yip (UFA)
butler (RFA)-watson-budish

we have depth. unproven, young depth. what could we add? elias, Riberio, Horton, Clowe about the best of the UFA bunch.gagne and wheeler, the realistic RFA bunch

what I kinda want to see is an offer sheet to Pitrangelo for 7 million a year.make the blues match that. 13 guys under contract and 26 million in space. RFA-AP, shattenkirk berglund and stewart. Figure 16 mil to cover those guys / leaves them 10 million to fill out with 5 guys. they have sweetheart deals with oshie and backes. someone needs to drive their payroll up.
I hope we target Horton in free agency, he plays a tough game and can get you 50-60 points over a full season.

Then we should draft a talented young winger, I don't know what position we're likely to be drafting at but this draft is pretty deep from what I've heard.

The Pietrangelo offer sheet idea is great, the Blues will be in our division after the realignment and it would be nice to mess with their cap.

alexmanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:29 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosing View Post
kanonbra on their part, I must say.
Thanks, today I learned some Swedish.

Kanonbra: jolly good or smashing in English.

Source: http://www.interglot.com/dictionary/...slate/kanonbra

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:30 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Fo
What do you know about Nashville as a city except that it played a lot of country music in the bars there?
- What I have been told by some people at practice today, our North Americans (Kevin Kapstad and Mark Hurtubise) had a bit of an eye, is that Nashville will be a very good city to live in, which also feels good. It feels like this is going to be super.

- Absolutely not disappointed. There are things that happen in this business. I take it for what it is and try to do things as I can. Hopefully I can have a very bright future in Nashville.
Loved seeing Nashville is thought of well by other people from North America, and loved that he seems excited about coming here.

He's in for a shock though if he things we live in the "country"

Old
04-04-2013, 11:36 AM
Dosing

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Loved seeing Nashville is thought of well by other people from North America, and loved that he seems excited about coming here.

He's in for a shock though if he things we live in the "country"
nashville is country as in nashville is a country music place, google translate failing.
Apparently he is a country music fan.

Dosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:44 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
nashville is country as in nashville is a country music place, google translate failing.
Apparently he is a country music fan.
Ahhh.

If he likes country music, he will love downtown Nashville but he's not old enough for that yet.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:46 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:

Exciting to hear these two things.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:50 AM
deanwormer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmanu View Post
I hope we target Horton in free agency, he plays a tough game and can get you 50-60 points over a full season.
<snip>
The Pietrangelo offer sheet idea is great, the Blues will be in our division after the realignment and it would be nice to mess with their cap.
I can see where Horton might be good for a year, but if you assume he's gonna' get a multi-year deal, how does he really fit here? You have to be assuming that no other kids are gonna' be ready to play and we're gonna' jettison Smith and SK, given the guys we already have under contract or are likely to re-sign (like Horny). If we need a skilled F, seems it's more either a true creator-type or a sniper.

If we offer $7mil for Pietrangelo we better be prepared to get him dumped on us - and I'm not so sure that's where I'd want to invest another $7mil when we have a pretty decent D and are growing more.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:58 AM
Webersmashpuck

vCash: 1088
Quote:
"We want guys here that want to play and want to be part of this team, that want to win, and that wasn't the case w/ Marty."
Wow, Fish telling it like it is, I appreciate his honesty but it seems harsh to me.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:59 AM
alexmanu

#Preds' Fisher: "We want guys here that want to play and want to be part of this team, that want to win, and that wasn't the case w/ Marty."

Good to see Mike backing the team. I hope Legwand or Gaustad are given the vacant 'A'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webersmashpuck View Post
Wow, Fish telling it like it is, I appreciate his honesty but it seems harsh to me.
May seem harsh but we don't know if Marty was being lazy or if other stuff was going on in the locker room. Fisher is just being honest.

alexmanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:20 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Wow..

Old
04-04-2013, 12:25 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierpred View Post
It is just because Legwand is performing now that I think we could have got a pretty good return. What sort of pick do you think a package of Lewand and Gill could have brougth back to us?
This deadline ... we wouldn't get much for that package. Gill gets a 4th or later round pick ... Leggy maybe a 2nd or 3rd rounder and a prospect or two ... none blue chips. The Gaborik package only netted Dorsett and Brassard of note for the Rags ... Pominville got a couple of early picks but has a history of better numbers than Leggy.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:28 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
I love his comments- all the talk about players wanting out of here- I'm glad to see him ticked off a little and defending our team/situation

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:33 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Honesty often sounds harsh in this era where the truth gets candy coated if its told at all.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:35 PM
Ovechkins Wodka

Caps fan here wondering if Erat and Ward ever played on the same line in Nashville and if so how was their chemistry, we have them as our 3rd line wingers tonight.

thanks

Ovechkins Wodka is offline   Reply With Quote