HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sharks defeat Wild 4-2

Old
04-04-2013, 02:08 AM
drunksage
#88: The Savior.

vCash: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhitesj View Post
Haha, I'm listening to that song right as I read this. How funny is that?
Nice.

I have much respect for your taste in music.

drunksage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 02:11 AM
WTFetus
Most popular

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhitesj View Post
Haha, I'm listening to that song right as I read this. How funny is that?

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 02:27 AM
jwhitesj

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
I must admit, that gave me laugh.

jwhitesj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 02:32 AM
domon

Burnsie struttin' in his plaid suit would make an awesome haters gonna hate gif.

domon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 02:39 AM
Tkachuk4MVP
22 Years of Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great 88 View Post
Vlasic in interview: "He slashed me, I just wanted to slash him back. He missed and I got him. I wasn't trying to hurt him, just trying to slash him. He's gonna push me around, I'm gonna stick up for myself, you know? I'm not gonna just let anybody push me around like that."

Dayyyumn, Pickles not mincing words.

Lost in all of this, TJ had a ****ing awesome game, so glad he was rewarded for his efforts. That was the guy DW traded for.

Tkachuk4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 02:53 AM
68 Z-28

I has a feeling that Wingels is going to be sitting next game for Torres.

68 Z-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 02:55 AM
Tkachuk4MVP
22 Years of Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 Z-28 View Post

No way, that line's on fire right now. Burish will be the one to sit, as he was when Clowe was in the lineup.

Old
04-04-2013, 03:27 AM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkachuk4MVP View Post
No way, that line's on fire right now. Burish will be the one to sit, as he was when Clowe was in the lineup.
Tonight was the type of game Wingels should be involved in. A hard, chippy game but he was a ghost. Hes forgetting the strengths of his game.

Gene Parmesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 04:37 AM
rgb63

Wingels played 17.5 mins and it felt to me that he was invisible for all but a few seconds.

rgb63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 04:39 AM
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkachuk4MVP View Post
Marleau-Couture-Wingels was absolutely terrible tonight, easily the worst of the Sharks' four forward lines. I think the scoring chance sheet will verify that when it comes out sometime tommorow. That said, there's no question that the Marleau-Couture-Wingels line has line has been our best in recent weeks, and I doubt Wingels is in any danger of being the odd man out once Torres arrives. Burish really has improved a lot in the last few games, but he is still effectively a worse version of Torres. Needless to say, Torres is not exactly revered around these parts. But he has proven himself to be a very valuable depth forward on a good team and as very capable of making an impact in the playoffs. Burish is best known for insulting Chris Pronger when being interviewed on the ice after the Hawks had just won the Cup. It's a little silly when a dude who played 5 mins/game in the playoffs is so opinionated about the surefire Conn Smythe winner had Philadelphia won. He must have been the Blackhawks' comedian, because he certainly didn't have an impact on the ice. Torres was a key part of two teams that lost in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals. It's safe to say he has value in this type of situation.

Blades of Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 06:53 AM
BadVooDoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades of Glory View Post
Marleau-Couture-Wingels was absolutely terrible tonight, easily the worst of the Sharks' four forward lines. I think the scoring chance sheet will verify that when it comes out sometime tommorow. <snip>
http://timeonice.com/shots1213.php?gamenumber=20542

Couture line had a rough night but they were playing some tough minutes against Koivu and Parise. SJ was in the lead for most of the game as well so that also needs to be taken into account.

If I were TMac I'd probably put Torres with Gomez and sit Burish, kind of a bummer for him because he's actually been playing well. Still, giving Gomez someone who can score should make that 4th line pretty dangerous.

BadVooDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 07:16 AM
NWShark*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 Z-28 View Post
No way. Desi or Burish. Marleau line has more chances than any other line since they were put together. They've also been run out against the other teams top line quite a bit. No way they get broken up.

NWShark* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 07:31 AM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgb63 View Post
Wingels played 17.5 mins and it felt to me that he was invisible for all but a few seconds.
He has definitely been out of it for the last few games. I wouldn't mind moving Gali up to take his spot and plugging Torres in Gali's spot.

Only thing being Gali has been awesome on the Pavs line and I don't want to break it up.

04-04-2013, 08:41 AM
MarleauApologist
fun must be alwalys

Honestly I don't wanna scratch Wingels at all, I can see some logic in it but it's not like its gonna motivate him or anything and honestly, I'd rather scratch Burish or Desjardins

MarleauApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:08 AM
OffSydes
#tank2014

If "old" Torres had joined the team in time, there might have been a murder on the nice last night.

OffSydes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:17 AM
Tkachuk4MVP
22 Years of Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades of Glory View Post
Marleau-Couture-Wingels was absolutely terrible tonight, easily the worst of the Sharks' four forward lines. I think the scoring chance sheet will verify that when it comes out sometime tommorow. That said, there's no question that the Marleau-Couture-Wingels line has line has been our best in recent weeks, and I doubt Wingels is in any danger of being the odd man out once Torres arrives. Burish really has improved a lot in the last few games, but he is still effectively a worse version of Torres. Needless to say, Torres is not exactly revered around these parts. But he has proven himself to be a very valuable depth forward on a good team and as very capable of making an impact in the playoffs. Burish is best known for insulting Chris Pronger when being interviewed on the ice after the Hawks had just won the Cup. It's a little silly when a dude who played 5 mins/game in the playoffs is so opinionated about the surefire Conn Smythe winner had Philadelphia won. He must have been the Blackhawks' comedian, because he certainly didn't have an impact on the ice. Torres was a key part of two teams that lost in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals. It's safe to say he has value in this type of situation.

Should have clarified and said "on fire lately", point is I'm not ready to break them up after one bad game. And yeah with the way TJ's been playing he's making it awfully difficult to take him off of that third line, so I agree that Torres should be on the fourth at least to start. That is some crazy forward depth, didn't think I'd ever say that this season.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:14 AM
one2gamble

Outside of Vlasic, they were definitly taking runs at Juicy. I hate to say it but someone is going to have to step up when teams start doing that. He isnt going to fight but whoever is the third cog on that line needs to push back a bit.

one2gamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:10 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by one2gamble View Post
Outside of Vlasic, they were definitly taking runs at Juicy. I hate to say it but someone is going to have to step up when teams start doing that. He isnt going to fight but whoever is the third cog on that line needs to push back a bit.
Wingels should have. Take a huge at Brodin and the Wild would stop running around. Wouldn't surprise me if Torres is riding shotgun with Cooch and Marleau.

Old
04-04-2013, 12:17 PM
RainbowDash
20% Cooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan View Post
Wingels should have. Take a huge at Brodin and the Wild would stop running around. Wouldn't surprise me if Torres is riding shotgun with Cooch and Marleau.
Wouldn't surprise me, either. Torres causing the turnover, Patty shooting or setting something up, Couture finishing or shooing, THEN Torres finishing off whoever is taking liberties with Couture.

I love what Wingels brings, but he doesn't bring it every night consistently. Lets see if the better qualities of Torres rub off on Wingels.

RainbowDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:37 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowDash View Post
Wouldn't surprise me, either. Torres causing the turnover, Patty shooting or setting something up, Couture finishing or shooing, THEN Torres finishing off whoever is taking liberties with Couture.

I love what Wingels brings, but he doesn't bring it every night consistently. Lets see if the better qualities of Torres rub off on Wingels.
Me too. Torres isn't a fighter per say but if Rupp runs at Couture..you better believe hes going to be a heat seeking missle after Brodin or Coyle. Wingels is at his best when he's skating and hitting and using his speed to create chances for himself and his linemates. He was doing this on the 3rd line and the first few games with Cooch and Marleau but aside from the Vancouver game...he hasn't done it. I love Wingels but it just seems like sometimes hes trying to play a skill game with Cooch and Marleau when thats not really his game.

Old
04-04-2013, 12:37 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadVooDoo View Post
http://timeonice.com/shots1213.php?gamenumber=20542

Couture line had a rough night but they were playing some tough minutes against Koivu and Parise. SJ was in the lead for most of the game as well so that also needs to be taken into account.

If I were TMac I'd probably put Torres with Gomez and sit Burish, kind of a bummer for him because he's actually been playing well. Still, giving Gomez someone who can score should make that 4th line pretty dangerous.
They were hard matched with the Koivu and Parise lines, they started twice as many times in the defensive zone as offensive zone, and score effects played into the numbers very early. But yes, they were slaughtered.

I think the main reason is because they don't have a playmaker and they can't support a cycle well. They still get transition chances, which is why I believe that when the scoring chances do come out, they'll have faired fine there.

I wouldn't mind seeing Gomez centering Marleau and Couture.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:40 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing Gomez centering Marleau and Couture.
Softest line in the NHL.

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:43 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
Softest line in the NHL.
Yeah, because Wingels really helped Marleau when he was getting abused in front of the net.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:44 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Yeah, because Wingels really helped Marleau when he was getting abused in front of the net.
At least he has the ability, if **** goes south next time.

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:45 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
Softest line in the NHL.
Actually Gomez isn't really soft. He's a small guy but he's pretty feisty. He doesn't shy away from scrums and constantly chirps the other team. Its funny to watch.