HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Can Malkin carry us again?

Old
04-04-2013, 09:42 AM
STLPensFan

vCash: 500
Malkin is clearly a lazy Russian and not a good canadian boy who never dives and can carry the team.

We'll never be able to beat the Bruins. They're full of Canadians and don't tolerate diving.

So sayeth Grapes.

Malkin is also like a crack addict and can't get enough of this offensive stuff.

So sayeth Milbury.

Also, he doesn't backcheck. So sayeth Neal that Rossi said so.

Joking aside, I'm more worried that Malkin can't carry the team because the team needs to be carried than I am about Malkin not being able to carry the team because he can't.

Last edited by STLPensFan: 04-04-2013 at 09:50 AM.
STLPensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:47 AM
od71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Durbano View Post
His comment last night on NBC "New York best city I think" really kind of made me pause. Does Geno want to be Broadway Geno?

If he's not happy in the Burgh or wants to get out of Sid's shadow, I'd pull off a Herschel Walker trade before he's a free agent.
Lol. Sometimes when he doesn't know what to say especially in english, he says things that come to his mind first: Sun is high, sky is blue.

Last edited by od71: 04-04-2013 at 09:55 AM.
od71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:58 AM
chethejet

No question to even my untrained eye that Malkin needs a lW who can skate, get the puck off the boards and have a go to the net game. Kunitz is my name. Once Crosby comes back, Iggy to RW, dupuis to LW and Kuntiz to Malkin LW. Morrow is a dud and Bylsma is now stuck with Sheros game plan.

chethejet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 10:15 AM
OGBobbyFarnham

Quote:
Originally Posted by chethejet View Post
No question to even my untrained eye that Malkin needs a lW who can skate, get the puck off the boards and have a go to the net game. Kunitz is my name. Once Crosby comes back, Iggy to RW, dupuis to LW and Kuntiz to Malkin LW. Morrow is a dud and Bylsma is now stuck with Sheros game plan.
Geno really just needs a physical winger. He doesn't really have to have a ton of skill on his left side.

Kunitz, Morrow, Bennett are the best options right now. Iginla plays a more, get into the open areas instead of going to the net game. Where as, Morrow will try and get the puck to Neal or Malkin and go directly to the goal and stay there.

OGBobbyFarnham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 10:29 AM
laufer72
Ashburton Grove

Quote:
His comment last night on NBC "New York best city I think" really kind of made me pause. Does Geno want to be Broadway Geno?

If he's not happy in the Burgh or wants to get out of Sid's shadow, I'd pull off a Herschel Walker trade before he's a free agent.
You can't be serious

Years ago he said that LA is his favorite city.......are we about to hear "Malkin to NYC" by Mr. Garroch?!

laufer72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 10:46 AM

The only thing I really can't stand about Malkin is him going into 2ndary mode when Crosby is in the line up.

He better get that chip on his shoulder in a hurry because it hasn't been there all year.

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 10:53 AM
Sutter16

Malkin playing in the KHL, hurt him this season. He's tired and clearly not 100%. He needs a couple nights off

Sutter16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 10:54 AM
IcedCapp
Yummy and Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutter16 View Post
Malkin playing in the KHL, hurt him this season. He's tired and clearly not 100%. He needs a couple nights off
he's missed like half the season, i can't imagine he's overworked

IcedCapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:10 AM
Fordy
the kid signify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutter16 View Post
Did you miss the THREE WEEKS, and TWO WEEKS before that he didn't play? He's rusty and playing with a new linemate and another out of position. If anything this is showing how much Iginla belongs with Sid, because they looked just fine with Morrow instead.

Fordy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:19 AM
DegenX
#FireMorehouse

This just obviously shows what a team player Malkin is, doing his part to make Crosby look good

Can Malkin carry us again? Like last year? Or like that time Crosby was out with a high ankle sprain back in aught eight? That seemed to work out pretty well, IIRC.

Seriously, it's been two games. Two.

It's not like the team hasn't played like ass with everyone healthy. Not going to open the coaching can of worms here, but there are a lot of underlying issues that still need to be addressed.

And it's not like Malkin has exactly been put into a position to succeed this year either. Kinda hard to get to your game when one of your wingers changes every other game. Makes it difficult for Neal, too.

Then there's the issue of team chemistry at this point. Lot of new faces, and some missing ones, too.

At least not yet, anyway.

DegenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:23 AM
Dying Alive
Peanut Gallery

A better question would be "why should Malkin have to carry us again?"

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:26 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
A better question would be "why should Malkin have to carry us again?"
exactly. Even with Sid playing out of his mind, it never really felt like he was carrying the team. They were all playing well even if not scoring.

Ogrezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:28 AM
cheesedanish87

Heard on the radio today Geno's parents will be here within a week or two

cheesedanish87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:31 AM
Tender Rip
#Haz supa line mates

Yes. We could jump start Geno by doing something so outrageous as that which always worked in the past. Insane suggestion, I know.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:37 AM
wolffy66

Wow its craaazy in here lol. Geno is the of the best players in the universe. Can he carry us? If it can be done, hes one of the most likely to do so. Two bad games and all hell breaks loose.

PS I think NY is a great city too, doesn't mean I'm moving there anytime soon.

PSS I hear Geno has changed his mind about returning to Russia because Pittsburgh is much closer to his fav city, NY.

wolffy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:40 AM
Ozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesedanish87 View Post
Heard on the radio today Geno's parents will be here within a week or two
Sweet.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:40 AM
IcedCapp
Yummy and Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post
Yes. We could jump start Geno by doing something so outrageous as that which always worked in the past. Insane suggestion, I know.
Kunitz - Jeffrey - Dupuis???

Sign me up!!!!

IcedCapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:46 AM
radapex

vCash: 50
Kunitz - Crosby - Dupuis
Kunitz - Malkin - Neal
Kunitz - Sutter - Cooke
Kunitz - Adams - Glass

Problem solved.

radapex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:04 PM
PensPlz

Send a message via Skype™ to PensPlz
If you want Malkin to carry this team, then he needs to be on the line where he scored 50 goals on last year.

Kunitz / Malkin / Neal

And that line should of never changed after Malkin's success on it. I don't understand why when Malkin has great success on a line they are so quick to break it up for whatever reason, but when Sid has any sort of success on a line it is set in stone, no matter how it effects the other players in regards to playing their off-wing or not.

Dupers/Morrow - Sid - Iggy
Kunitz - Malkin - Neal
Morrow/Cookie - Sutter - Cookie/Dupers
Adams - Jokinen - Vitale

Crosby is going to Crosby no matter who is on his line, that's been proven. Malkin needs the line mates that he can work with, and we know what team mates he works with... so I don't get the problem.

PensPlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:11 PM
radapex

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PensPlz View Post
If you want Malkin to carry this team, then he needs to be on the line where he scored 50 goals on last year.

Kunitz / Malkin / Neal

And that line should of never changed after Malkin's success on it. I don't understand why when Malkin has great success on a line they are so quick to break it up for whatever reason, but when Sid has any sort of success on a line it is set in stone, no matter how it effects the other players in regards to playing their off-wing or not.

Dupers/Morrow - Sid - Iggy
Kunitz - Malkin - Neal
Morrow/Cookie - Sutter - Cookie/Dupers
Adams - Jokinen - Vitale

Crosby is going to Crosby no matter who is on his line, that's been proven. Malkin needs the line mates that he can work with, and we know what team mates he works with... so I don't get the problem.
Neither Morrow nor Iginla possess the speed to play with Crosby any more, and we all know that's a recipe for disaster. The biggest reason Kunitz + Dupuis work so well with Crosby is that they can keep up with him. Outside of maybe Kennedy, I don't know if there are any other wingers on the team with that kind of speed - and Kennedy shouldn't even be in the lineup!

radapex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:17 PM
zero8771

Why Morrow or Kunitz hasn't been put on Malkins LW i'll never know. Kunitz was amazing there last year and Morrow was there during that line's most dominant game this season.

zero8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Shady Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by radapex View Post
Neither Morrow nor Iginla possess the speed to play with Crosby any more, and we all know that's a recipe for disaster. The biggest reason Kunitz + Dupuis work so well with Crosby is that they can keep up with him. Outside of maybe Kennedy, I don't know if there are any other wingers on the team with that kind of speed - and Kennedy shouldn't even be in the lineup!
Iginla should be with Crosby. You don't need to be lightning fast to work with him. Iggy is faster than Bill Guerin and that seemed to work out pretty well.

Shady Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PensPlz

Send a message via Skype™ to PensPlz
Sid did pretty well with Guerin and I wouldn't put him anywhere near the level as Iginla.

PensPlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:20 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by radapex View Post
this is crap. We won a cup with a much slower winger than Iginla playing with Sid. And he was much less talented too.

Ogrezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:22 PM
PittPenguin

Quote:

I'm not too worried about that. I think he said that because they were trying to get the players to say extremely positive things about Madison Square Garden/New York City. He uses the word "best" for everything. I wouldn't read too much into that.

Plus, would any player voluntarily want to play for Torts? I can't see Malkin having that mindset.

PittPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote