HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anything Goes 7: RIP Roger Ebert

Closed Thread

Old
04-03-2013, 06:55 PM
Cullksinikers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
It would kill a ton of innocent people, an act not to be taken lightly.
They want the same thing to happen to us. They are innocent people that want me dead.

Old
04-03-2013, 06:59 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
I'll keep that in mind. Don't know the rate I'll get quite yet, but as I work for a title company I think I have an insider's edge on getting a good deal. Thanks, though..

And in more pathetic news, the girl I'm crazy about, and who knows I'm crazy about her, tried to set me up with a friend of her's last night.

She's been inconsiderate plenty of times in the past, but this is the first majorly ***** move on her part. Honestly still a bit stunned that she tried to pull that so non-nonchalantly. Pretty obvious indicator of her feelings, or lack thereof, though, so at least there's that....
No problem glad to help. What do you do? Processing?

Old
04-03-2013, 07:00 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
They want the same thing to happen to us. They are innocent people that want me dead.
This is getting too political, but its a bit more complicated then that

Old
04-03-2013, 08:09 PM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
I'll keep that in mind. Don't know the rate I'll get quite yet, but as I work for a title company I think I have an insider's edge on getting a good deal. Thanks, though..

And in more pathetic news, the girl I'm crazy about, and who knows I'm crazy about her, tried to set me up with a friend of her's last night.

She's been inconsiderate plenty of times in the past, but this is the first majorly ***** move on her part. Honestly still a bit stunned that she tried to pull that so non-nonchalantly. Pretty obvious indicator of her feelings, or lack thereof, though, so at least there's that....
Think of at as a good thing man. Been there plenty of times but honestly, now that you know where you stand, you can get past that "i'm going to be in love with this girl for months and nothing is going to happen" purgatory that we've all be through.

Its obvious the girl doesn't want to go out with you so could you see yourself with her friend?

Old
04-03-2013, 10:51 PM
BBH
34|38|61|10|13

Send a message via Skype™ to BBH
So I was running the 20 meter pacer test today in gym during second period, one of the last three people left on the 59th lap, and I go to pivot on my right foot to turn, but I end up twisting my ankle and falling flat on my face.

I was on the ground for a solid five seconds before dragging myself up. I heard the boom of my body hitting the floor resonate through the gym, and I heard about ten people groan, "OOOOH!", five people go, "HA, that's gold!" and obviously the gym teachers gave zero ****s whatsoever.

Old
04-04-2013, 08:32 AM
xX Hot Fuss

I remember the PACER test. I was in varsity baseball when we had to do it so I took it as a chance to meet the bare minimum, call it quits, and talk to the girls/friends in my gym class.

That sucks about your ankle though. Not surprised your gym teacher couldn't care less.

Old
04-04-2013, 09:51 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Think of at as a good thing man. Been there plenty of times but honestly, now that you know where you stand, you can get past that "i'm going to be in love with this girl for months and nothing is going to happen" purgatory that we've all be through.

Its obvious the girl doesn't want to go out with you so could you see yourself with her friend?
Going out with her friend is your best route to hooking up with her.

Wouldn't expect much in the long term though.

Old
04-04-2013, 12:36 PM
MurrayBannerman
Moo Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBH View Post
So I was running the 20 meter pacer test today in gym during second period, one of the last three people left on the 59th lap, and I go to pivot on my right foot to turn, but I end up twisting my ankle and falling flat on my face.

I was on the ground for a solid five seconds before dragging myself up. I heard the boom of my body hitting the floor resonate through the gym, and I heard about ten people groan, "OOOOH!", five people go, "HA, that's gold!" and obviously the gym teachers gave zero ****s whatsoever.
Culk was probably in the corner doing this:

Old
04-04-2013, 12:38 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
Culk was probably in the corner doing this:

Why would that be?

Old
04-04-2013, 12:43 PM
Blue Liner

Anybody in hear own/ever own a Jeep? Not looking right away but in the Fall gonna start looking at various models. Have heard good things overall but figured I'd pick your brains in here. Hoping my car lasts me until then, would rather keep saving a bit more first before buying and buy in a more non-peak time of year.

Old
04-04-2013, 12:48 PM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
Anybody in hear own/ever own a Jeep? Not looking right away but in the Fall gonna start looking at various models. Have heard good things overall but figured I'd pick your brains in here. Hoping my car lasts me until then, would rather keep saving a bit more first before buying and buy in a more non-peak time of year.
Bought a Grand Cherokee Limited in 05. Absolutely love it. Awesome awesome car. Want to trade it in for a Wrangler, though.

Old
04-04-2013, 12:56 PM
xX Hot Fuss

Uncle just bought some Anniversary Edition Jeep and its gorgeous. Inside and out.

Old
04-04-2013, 01:03 PM
RayP

I don't care for the body on the new ones, I really like the body on mine and the style they went with the year before mine.

Old
04-04-2013, 01:21 PM
Cullksinikers

I love my car. The stereo is just the best, and it still runs awesome.

Old
04-04-2013, 01:22 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 400
Quote:
If what I've read is correct they don't even have any nukes. They have a mothballed plutonium program that they're threatening to reopen. Serious threats, no less, and the US is reacting accordingly. But they have nothing to drop today even if they really wanted to. Still a very unstable government there, to say the least.
^
No they have a few very crude nukes

They have detoned a couple in testing underground (US/SK/Japan have recorded the seismic activity)

Problem is delievery ,, There medium/long range ICBM programs have been failures for most part

Short range they have capable missiles but they can only threaten SK and parts of Japan

Old
04-04-2013, 01:25 PM
Nell
Rookie User

Noob

Hello all! Congrats on reading what could be the most useless first post you may have ever came across on these boards haha. But in all honestly I came to the blackhawks board to make my first post because, well of course I am a blackhawks fan and Ill be here contributing as much as I can on this board! I was in philly when the boys won the cup (fantastic game, even better when I got to wave my crest to all those philly fans after getting chirped merciless throughout) and I damn well am ready to see what the playoffs can bring us this year with hopes of raising my blackhawks crest in someone else's barn or even better the united centre!

Cheers!

Old
04-04-2013, 01:28 PM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Does Philly have any nukes or long range ICBMs?

JK - welcome. Wrong thread for your post though.

Old
04-04-2013, 01:29 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
I don't care for the body on the new ones, I really like the body on mine and the style they went with the year before mine.
What do you have and what year?

Old
04-04-2013, 01:35 PM
RayP

Quote:
What do you have and what year?
Sorry, meant I bought an 05 Grand Cherokee Limited. It gets absolute terrible gas mileage, but I still love it. Just passed 90K miles and still runs like a champ. Have had no issues with it since I've gotten it that weren't routine and expected.

Quote:
I love my car. The stereo is just the best, and it still runs awesome.

We are complete opposites.

There might not be a car out there that I hate more than yours. I'd rather buy a CRV than that ugly ass thing you have.

Old
04-04-2013, 01:38 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Sorry, meant I bought an 05 Grand Cherokee Limited. It gets absolute terrible gas mileage, but I still love it. Just passed 90K miles and still runs like a champ. Have had no issues with it since I've gotten it that weren't routine and expected.
That's cool. If I went the Cherokee route I probably wouldn't go brand new. Little out of my price range, but could swing an '11 or maybe even '12. Looking into Patriots, too. Can get into a brand new Patriot Limited within my price range, but like I said before I want to wait a few more months as long as my car lasts.

Old
04-04-2013, 01:43 PM
RayP

Quote:
That's cool. If I went the Cherokee route I probably wouldn't go brand new. Little out of my price range, but could swing an '11 or maybe even '12. Looking into Patriots, too. Can get into a brand new Patriot Limited within my price range, but like I said before I want to wait a few more months as long as my car lasts.
I'd go for a Compass over a Patriot, personally. Patriot's are just bland, IMO. Not sure how important stuff like leather, heated seats, etc are to you... but here is a nice Compass below, not a ton of miles, and a really reasonable price even from a dealer. I've even see a handful of Compasses out there that have the in dash GPS/media center and all that, but those are difficult to find. Considered eventually trading mine in for a Compass as well...

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...gIndex=8&Log=0

Old
04-04-2013, 01:49 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:

We are complete opposites.

There might not be a car out there that I hate more than yours. I'd rather buy a CRV than that ugly ass thing you have.
I'd rather have a 1970 Ford Pinto than a Jeep.

Old
04-04-2013, 01:49 PM
MurrayBannerman
Moo Points

Jeeps are nice

Old
04-04-2013, 01:51 PM
Blue Liner

I'm open minded and barring my car taking a dump have lots of time to think about it. The one thing about the Cherokees are the interiors looks to be SO much nicer in them than all the other Jeep models and I'm big on interiors. I'll do my due diligence.

Old
04-04-2013, 01:52 PM
RayP

Quote:
I'd rather have a 1970 Ford Pinto than a Jeep.
Quality cars, that can be fun. They get knocked for reliability often, but I don't know anyone who has ever had major issues with one. Seems they're just cool to hate that way. Super comfortable rides...

I'm starting to get a little southern redneck in me. Lately I've really wanted a Wrangler for the summer, and to take the doors off and everything.

Closed Thread