HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

We Got Outplayed But wow The Flyers Should Buy a Lottery Ticket

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2013, 11:37 AM
pine
irregistered user

vCash: 50
I prefer to have my top 6 forward on the ice than in the penalty box for fighting, if you ask me.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:37 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgy View Post
So should they be tanking too?

Should the rest of the NHL that has a similar or worse record to us tank too?
That was a pretty obvious joke. check your sarcasm detector.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
04-04-2013, 11:39 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
I prefer to have my top 6 forward on the ice than in the penalty box for fighting, if you ask me.
Simmonds only has 5 points less 1 more goal then patches and more then 3 times the penalty minutes and I think 7 fights

Old
04-04-2013, 11:39 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereforaquickpost View Post
First time since under the new Habs era that I'm ashamed to be a fan... and not because of the team but because of the garbage I've seen on this forum tonight.

You guys should be ashamed.
I suggest you don't post on any boards in any sphere. This exist to bring points, to talk but also to vent. Everybody with their typical "Let's wait and see" every single time are not exactly the most thrilling to read. As far as hockey is concerned, yet again, before putting this board down, I suggest for you and everybody to go look at EVERY FREAKIN other boards on HF....and then realize we're all the same. Except there's more people here.....Most Boston fans wanted to fire Julien and Chiarelli during their Cup run....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post

So what about the other 35 games where the team was 23-7-5? Were they not a "very competitive team"?
We showed we were a very good competite regular season team in a this year really weak Eastern Conference. Yet, we had the record we had, nobody can erase it. Yet, despite this great run we're having, Leafs and Sens are a big 7 points behind. That's 4 wins. Sens have been doing it without most of their lineup having to play with their #2 and #3 goalies. Without their top center. Without their #1 d-man. That would be us without Price, Pleks and Subban. And Toronto was suppose to miss the playoffs having no goalies on the back end.

Thing is, I have no idea how people could address how great we are in a season like this one. If we couldn't have an idea on how bad we were last year with the injuries and the stupid Gauthier show, how can we have an idea this year with half of a season and no games against the Western Conference? Can people understand that this year, everybody eliminates themselves as we're always playing against each other which will not be the case next year? Then, we're not even at half of a regular 82-game season that we are witnessing a really average Markov. Which brings Emelin down with him at some point. So really, whether it's the playoffs or even a big 82-game season schedule, I have no idea how people would be fine with this D in its entirety for next season and maybe even the next one. Would Diaz change all this? Chances are Drewiske is out or #7 next year. Bouillon will be #6 next year and surely his last year. But how about the rest? Will Emelin and Markov be better? Then up front, there has to be some tweaking to do. From Gionta, to Moen, to Armstrong. How will Bourque be doing? Who in the farm is ready to take charge? Dumont? Tinordi? Beaulieu? There are a couple of options but how are they going to respond.

Anyway, I just don't believe we have what it takes to go that far this year. Yet...if that was NEVER the plan to begin with, I say it's fine with me. Let's have a great draft, retool a little and be a force be reckon with for years to come. I have no problems with that. My problem is that I have against people using these standings as a proof that everything is fine. We couldn't use last year's standings because of some "activities" around the team, I believe it's the same this year. Yet, I do command this team for showing much more than I thought they were. Just that regular season and playoffs are 2 different beasts. And a 48-game schedule in the Eastern Conference is a different beast from a 82-game season in the entire league.

I guess that the idea is to think that this season is the start of something better and bigger for us for years to come. And not necessarily to proof that we are already there....

Last edited by Whitesnake: 04-04-2013 at 11:44 AM.
Old
04-04-2013, 11:40 AM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSSLYNX View Post
I dont buy the momentum thing. Remember when Talbot got destroyed by Carcillo but Pens came back from 3 goals to win it.

Winning or losing the fight has no role in the outcome really. You cant say no and turtle all the time.
Momentum is real and important in hockey whether you believe in it or not.

You have to take into account that the game was in Philly. The crowd was dead silent, sitting on their hands and MTL was dictating the play and controlling tempo perfectly. Then Moen fights Simmonds (a fan favourite) and it kicks the crowd into gear and in turn Philly.

It's a completely different game playing infront of your home crowd when the fans are either quiet or booing you, instead of cheering.

Also, winning the fight is just one of the factors that goes into it. Remember on 24CH when Prust fought Lucic and it lit a fire under the teams butt because he did it for the team? Momentum.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:41 AM
pine
irregistered user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Simmonds only has 5 points less 1 more goal then patches and more then 3 times the penalty minutes and I think 7 fights
Put it this way. The more time Pacioretty spends in the penalty box, the more time a guy like Mike Blunden spends on the ice.

Do I like Simmonds? Yes. Do I want Simmonds on my team? Yes. But I'd still take Pacioretty over Simmonds. The obsession people over here have about fighting is incredible.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:44 AM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
Bouilion has more own goals than he has goals ****ing pathetic
Yet he's +6. Give it a rest. When a puck goes off Price's face and hits a skate you can't blame the D.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:45 AM
Habsawce

Quote:
Put it this way. The more time Pacioretty spends in the penalty box, the more time a guy like Mike Blunden spends on the ice.

Do I like Simmonds? Yes. Do I want Simmonds on my team? Yes. But I'd still take Pacioretty over Simmonds. The obsession people over here have about fighting is incredible.
Simmonds gets his points in front of the net, crashing and banging. Pacioretty can score from anywhere the offensive zone. That's the difference offensively.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:46 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
The obsession people over here have about fighting is incredible.
The obsession about fighting is that we don't have enough of it. Don't worry, if we'd have 10 goons, we'd be OBSESSED with skills. The less you have, the more you want. And frankly, I prefer people obsessing over a guy that knows how to play hockey AND fight than a single 3-minute goon and his sideshow.

Don't get me wrong though....I'm not in your Simmons-Pacioretty debate. MaxPac is MY MAN!

Old
04-04-2013, 11:47 AM
onebighockeyfan

Habs did not compete and the refs were atrocious. Directly responsible for one of the goals because they did not stop the play when they could. They also let the Flyers walk all over Price time and time again which caused our D to collapse towards the net time after time.

Old
04-04-2013, 12:32 PM
Cyclones Rock

Didn't see the game last night, but from the tone of many of the posters, the Habs may as well pack it in for the season.

The Canadiens are 4rth in the league overall. They are 6-3-1 in their last 10. They are 12-4-2 on the road. Pretty heady stuff.

Hasn't anyone here ever had a bad day at the office or school?

Or the playground judging from the reactions of many here.

I can only imagine the reactions and the DD thread if he had gone -4

Old
04-04-2013, 12:45 PM
HiggsBozon
i.e. GFORCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I suggest you don't post on any boards in any sphere. This exist to bring points, to talk but also to vent. Everybody with their typical "Let's wait and see" every single time are not exactly the most thrilling to read. As far as hockey is concerned, yet again, before putting this board down, I suggest for you and everybody to go look at EVERY FREAKIN other boards on HF....and then realize we're all the same. Except there's more people here.....Most Boston fans wanted to fire Julien and Chiarelli during their Cup run....

We showed we were a very good competite regular season team in a this year really weak Eastern Conference. Yet, we had the record we had, nobody can erase it. Yet, despite this great run we're having, Leafs and Sens are a big 7 points behind. That's 4 wins. Sens have been doing it without most of their lineup having to play with their #2 and #3 goalies. Without their top center. Without their #1 d-man. That would be us without Price, Pleks and Subban. And Toronto was suppose to miss the playoffs having no goalies on the back end.

Thing is, I have no idea how people could address how great we are in a season like this one. If we couldn't have an idea on how bad we were last year with the injuries and the stupid Gauthier show, how can we have an idea this year with half of a season and no games against the Western Conference? Can people understand that this year, everybody eliminates themselves as we're always playing against each other which will not be the case next year? Then, we're not even at half of a regular 82-game season that we are witnessing a really average Markov. Which brings Emelin down with him at some point. So really, whether it's the playoffs or even a big 82-game season schedule, I have no idea how people would be fine with this D in its entirety for next season and maybe even the next one. Would Diaz change all this? Chances are Drewiske is out or #7 next year. Bouillon will be #6 next year and surely his last year. But how about the rest? Will Emelin and Markov be better? Then up front, there has to be some tweaking to do. From Gionta, to Moen, to Armstrong. How will Bourque be doing? Who in the farm is ready to take charge? Dumont? Tinordi? Beaulieu? There are a couple of options but how are they going to respond.

Anyway, I just don't believe we have what it takes to go that far this year. Yet...if that was NEVER the plan to begin with, I say it's fine with me. Let's have a great draft, retool a little and be a force be reckon with for years to come. I have no problems with that. My problem is that I have against people using these standings as a proof that everything is fine. We couldn't use last year's standings because of some "activities" around the team, I believe it's the same this year. Yet, I do command this team for showing much more than I thought they were. Just that regular season and playoffs are 2 different beasts. And a 48-game schedule in the Eastern Conference is a different beast from a 82-game season in the entire league.

I guess that the idea is to think that this season is the start of something better and bigger for us for years to come. And not necessarily to proof that we are already there....
I love you.

Old
04-04-2013, 12:53 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

I have a confession. Yesterday was the first time I bet some v-cash for a 2013 game. Went all-in and lost. I have a very poor bidding history here on HFboards. Blame me for the loss.

Old
04-04-2013, 01:04 PM
MSSLYNX

Time to bet against the Habs. No way they keep their .700 batting average.

Old
04-04-2013, 05:37 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
I love you.
IF you'd be a girl...I'd have no problem with that.

Old
04-04-2013, 05:56 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Momentum is real and important in hockey whether you believe in it or not.

You have to take into account that the game was in Philly. The crowd was dead silent, sitting on their hands and MTL was dictating the play and controlling tempo perfectly. Then Moen fights Simmonds (a fan favourite) and it kicks the crowd into gear and in turn Philly.

It's a completely different game playing infront of your home crowd when the fans are either quiet or booing you, instead of cheering.

Also, winning the fight is just one of the factors that goes into it. Remember on 24CH when Prust fought Lucic and it lit a fire under the teams butt because he did it for the team? Momentum.
I am a very strong believer in momentum.

The only issue I have with your post is that momentum is fragile and has a very short shelf life.

That fight probably did inspire the Flyers. But the Habs came back in the 2nd to regain the lead.

The game was not lost because of Moen's fight. For debateable reasons, the Habs played not to win in the third but instead played not to lose.

This could have been because of Pleks being out of the game or the Flyers stepped up their intensity or the referees missing calls or any other reasons.

Whatever it was in the 3rd, the Habs simply could not regain the momentum that they lost in the beginning of the third, not with what happened in the 2nd.

Old
04-04-2013, 06:16 PM
charlie

vCash: 358
Moen fights Rinaldo
Prust fights Simmonds

Habs win the game.

Old
04-04-2013, 10:12 PM
Edgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
That was a pretty obvious joke. check your sarcasm detector.
My bad..

Can't blame a guy though, some of these comments make it hard to tell the difference sometimes lol.

Closed Thread