HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Luongo Post TDD Press Conference

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2013, 10:59 AM
Darylman

vCash: 500
Gillis said Luongo had refused to waive sometime in the summer in his press conference.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:04 AM
Guy Boucher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darylman View Post
Gillis said Luongo had refused to waive sometime in the summer in his press conference.
And Luongo completely denied that.

After seeing that, you can see how Gillis is thoroughly classless. Way to throw the guy under the bus to deflect any criticism from yourself. And then he goes on and says that Luongo doesn't feel as badly as he sounds.

The guy has no integrity. I can see why they like him in Vancouver.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:25 AM
Kessick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Turk View Post
If anyone is need of a good laugh go read through the Luongo thread on the Nucks board. So much ******** on Nonis about how dumb he is to turn that deal down. That fanbase has to the most delusional fanbase in the league, what a joke.
As the Leafs were the only team in the running; the fact that they were expected to give anything up of substance is ludicrous. Why would Nonis bid against himself to drive up the price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Boucher View Post

After seeing that, you can see how Gillis is thoroughly classless. Way to throw the guy under the bus to deflect any criticism from yourself. And then he goes on and says that Luongo doesn't feel as badly as he sounds.

Their treatment of players speaks volumes. First it was Hodgson, now Luongo. I look forward to see who else they destroy in the process.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:31 AM
glue

Quote:

Hard not to believe Luongo over Gillis considering his character - I think Gillis is full of ****.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:34 AM
paulster2626
Don't Mess with me

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Turk View Post
If anyone is need of a good laugh go read through the Luongo thread on the Nucks board. So much ******** on Nonis about how dumb he is to turn that deal down. That fanbase has to the most delusional fanbase in the league, what a joke.
You really don't need to venture anywhere else but the Leafs' boredz for delusional, dumba$$ comments.

Every thread has their fair share of 'tards.

Although I do find it funny how much they hate that Dreger is Nonis' second cousin, four times removed, two times added back.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:42 AM
Joe Pesci
Do I amuse you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
You really don't need to venture anywhere else but the Leafs' boredz for delusional, dumba$$ comments.

Every thread has their fair share of 'tards.

Although I do find it funny how much they hate that Dreger is Nonis' second cousin, four times removed, two times added back.
Yeah, I saw your now second, most recent post over there (at like 12:25). Believe me when I tell you not to waste your time arguing with the guy you quoted regarding our goalies. He thinks Reimer and Scrivens are slightly above garbage, and that they are doomed to fail, regardless of their current play.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:45 AM
hockeyfanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stix and Stones View Post
Burke has departed long ago, we can't say what he would have done if he was still here. I thought he said he never vetoed a deal.
Burke openly criticized cap circumventing long term contracts...like Luongo's...given that I think he would have traded for him...cause as we all know..he was full of BS.

Also, are we supposed to sympathize with poor BobbyLou? "My contract sucks"...what an idiot. Are athletes really this dumb?

Old
04-04-2013, 11:46 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 166
Quote:

I actually hate Gillis even more after this PC. The guy actually threw Luongo under the bus and basically told the media how he really feels.

Just trade him instead of being ignorant.

04-04-2013, 11:46 AM
Thee Implication
Gaaaaary Roberts!

vCash: 891
I like how the leaf and canucks fanbase don't like each other and we've played each other like three times in two years

Old
04-04-2013, 11:50 AM
KuleminFan41

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfanz View Post
Burke openly criticized cap circumventing long term contracts...like Luongo's...given that I think he would have traded for him...cause as we all know..he was full of BS.

Also, are we supposed to sympathize with poor BobbyLou? "My contract sucks"...what an idiot. Are athletes really this dumb?
It sucks to him because he can't be moved.Thats why and why can't we sympathize with him?He wants to play and wants to move, thats hardly anything to crucify him for

Old
04-04-2013, 11:50 AM
go_leafs_go02

vCash: 695
TEAM 1040 was gold this morning here in Vancouver. Roasting Nonis for not wanting to take Luongo without straight up cash involved. So delusional.

Would have liked to seen Luongo on the Leafs, but to take that contract, salary hit on for how many more years? Plus it's his 34th birthday today, how many more years of being an actual starter does he have 2 or 3?

Old
04-04-2013, 11:59 AM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Gillis is the biggest slimeball piece of garbage executive I've seen in a long, long time

Old
04-04-2013, 12:00 PM
Squiffy
Victims, rn't we all

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_leafs_go02 View Post
TEAM 1040 was gold this morning here in Vancouver. Roasting Nonis for not wanting to take Luongo without straight up cash involved. So delusional.
Still not recognizing that his trade value with that contract in this CBA is just this side of zilch huh?

BTW, the above was leaked to me by Nonis. He sent this guy below, but it was him.

R.I.P. Darryl buddy... it was too soon.. too soon
Old
04-04-2013, 12:29 PM
Stephen

Quote:

Would have liked to seen Luongo on the Leafs, but to take that contract, salary hit on for how many more years? Plus it's his 34th birthday today, how many more years of being an actual starter does he have 2 or 3?
Canuckleheads are pretty dense. If they're mad at a rival GM for not taking a Canucks player, they must at some point come to the realization that they're peddling wares no one wants...

Old
04-04-2013, 12:32 PM
blue82
BELEAF (win or lose)

gillis should have just put him on waivers to free up cap space..ultimately he should be fired over this whole situation

Old
04-04-2013, 12:42 PM
paulster2626
Don't Mess with me

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
Yeah, I saw your now second, most recent post over there (at like 12:25). Believe me when I tell you not to waste your time arguing with the guy you quoted regarding our goalies. He thinks Reimer and Scrivens are slightly above garbage, and that they are doomed to fail, regardless of their current play.
Uggh. As usual, when presented with facts and a level-headed perspective on the situation, they have decided to resort to the usual mudslinging and hate they've become famous for.

Old
04-04-2013, 12:47 PM
mix1home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kb21 View Post
either way i hope the nucks and all their fans enjoy this moment because IMO the owner won't allow them to buy out luongo and will force gillis to trade CS instead, which should in turn should cause another riot if my calculations are correct.
I actually wonder what they could get for CS when all teams know that they _must_ trade him instead of Lou? I see teams low-balling Vancouver to the tune of trolling. NJ already had a conversation with Van this TD and nothing came out of it, so offer did not impressed Van, my guess.

Old
04-04-2013, 12:49 PM
ungentrified

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedsToronto View Post
I like how the leaf and canucks fanbase don't like each other and we've played each other like three times in two years
It's largely an one-sided affair, IMO. Canucks fans largely seem to hate the Leafs on the basis of a) hating Toronto and b) hating that the Leafs get so much media attention.

This whole Luongo fiasco reinforces my impression that Canuckleheads have a ridiculous sense of entitlement where their own organization is never really at fault for anything and everyone is out to get them because they are so great. The fact that they have delved into wild conspiracy theories and are wishing that Reimer fails so that we can see the light and overpay bears that out.

Last edited by ungentrified: 04-04-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Old
04-04-2013, 12:55 PM
Hanta Yo
Bag it up

The past few months have been nothing but an annoying and aggressive sales pitch from Canucks fans in regards to why we absolutely need Luongo.

As a player, yes he would be great to have, but not with that contract. It's that simple.

Old
04-04-2013, 01:00 PM
anderson3133

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
Uggh. As usual, when presented with facts and a level-headed perspective on the situation, they have decided to resort to the usual mudslinging and hate they've become famous for.
I've been reading there for days. I read two guys talking about how they wouldn't take Lupul for Luongo. It truly has been fun.

Old
04-04-2013, 01:03 PM
New Liskeard

Quote:

Good post and well said.

This really has been an enjoyable experience thus far. I cant begin to name how many Vancouver posters said Lou was on a great contract, and will yeild massive riches in a trade due to his value. The continuing denial is hilarious.

Old
04-04-2013, 01:15 PM
Dr Turk

Quote:
Originally Posted by anderson3133 View Post
I've been reading there for days. I read two guys talking about how they wouldn't take Lupul for Luongo. It truly has been fun.
There are still people who wouldn't have traded him for kadri last summer either too

Old
04-04-2013, 01:19 PM
Cor
Me Troll? Never

vCash: 50
I definitely feel bad for Luongo. He really seems to dislike Vancouver and wants out.

I hope they buy him out and then we sign him TBH. Luongo is a great goalie... it's just his contract

Old
04-04-2013, 01:27 PM
Raven25

Quote:
Haha - I was listening to it too. I've just been basking in the atmosphere out here since yesterday and relishing in all the anxiety of the Canucks' fanbase and the dipdonkey media. Reading the stuff on the Canucks' board has been such a great laugh too, it's just so great to see this happening, so deserving for that fanbase and particularly those here who were so militant and obnoxious about this all along and now they've just turned inward and are spewing "Leafs this, Leafs that" - it's gold, I hope it continues longer.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/h...691/story.html

This is great to read too, I'm SO hoping they buy him out in the summer. Will add to it very nicely

Old
04-04-2013, 01:55 PM
Holy Mackinaw

Canuck fans' synopsis:

Nonis is an idiot because he didn't take the ridiculous, moronic contract that bigger idiot Gillis gave Luongo. Am I close?

Closed Thread