HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Winnipeg Jets vs. Montreal Canadiens

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2013, 09:34 AM
otto bond

vCash: 500
Something has to be done in terms of lines.
I liked to see this if Plekanec not playing

Patch-DD-Gallagher
Prust-Gally-Halpern
Ryder-Eller-Gionta
Moen-Dumont-Blunden

Old
04-04-2013, 09:52 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Without Pacioretty/Plekanec:

Galchenyuk - Desharnais - Gallagher
Ryder - Eller - Gionta
Prust - Halpern - Dumont
Moen - White - Blunden

I kinda doubt Galchenyuk gets a chance at an offensive role but who knows, the game is a home and Habs have last change.

I'd rather break up Ryder/Gionta and Desharnais/Gallagher (they don't really have much going between each other IMO):

Galchenyuk - Desharnais - Ryder (softest minutes possible)
Prust - Eller - Gallagher (grind and cycle, matchup vs 2nd line of opponent)
Moen - Halpern - Gionta (shutdown line)
Blunden - White - Dumont (pls...don't take penalties)

Old
04-04-2013, 09:58 AM
ZARTONK
The Markov effect

With Plekanec out, I'd like to see Galchenyuk playing at center.

Old
04-04-2013, 10:02 AM
Habbybirthday
"I ****ing LOVE it"

With Pacioretty and Plekanecs out our most effective lines should probably looks something like this.

Ryder - Subban - Markov
Markov - Subban - Ryder
Subban - Ryder - Markov
Markov - Desharnais - Subban

Subban - Markov
Markov - Subban
Emelin - Subban

Old
04-04-2013, 10:06 AM
Bask
Embellishing User

i'm blaming Budaj for every goal he'll let in tonight. (this is totally not a weird reverse jinx)

Old
04-04-2013, 10:08 AM
Uber Coca

I feel like it's time for Eller and Galchenyuk to shine. Both should be seperated and play center. Give them responsabilities and see how they respond.

The biggest difference between this team and last year's team is how they respond after a loss. They always come out strong afterwards and I'm not concerned about the game tonight.

Old
04-04-2013, 10:10 AM
Habbybirthday
"I ****ing LOVE it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bask View Post
i'm blaming Budaj for every goal he'll let in tonight. (this is totally not a weird reverse jinx)
I'm going to blame him for every time i spill a beer and my girlfriend finds the toilet seat left up tonight.

Old
04-04-2013, 10:14 AM
Bask
Embellishing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbybirthday View Post
I'm going to blame him for every time i spill a beer and my girlfriend finds the toilet seat left up tonight.
that's the spirit

Old
04-04-2013, 10:35 AM
ZARTONK
The Markov effect

@JohnLuTSNMtl: #NHLJets Byfuglien appears to be staying at wing for now. Not doing morning skate in blue with rest of D. pic.twitter.com/xaHUAarP4g

Old
04-04-2013, 11:09 AM
canadiensnation
The Drive for 25.

so if Pleks and Patches don't play and we have only called up Dumont, does that mean White is ready to go?? or is Weber playing as a forward.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:10 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARTONK View Post
@JohnLuTSNMtl: #NHLJets Byfuglien appears to be staying at wing for now. Not doing morning skate in blue with rest of D. pic.twitter.com/xaHUAarP4g
So Trouba is playing?

Old
04-04-2013, 11:16 AM
RonJon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
So Trouba is playing?
NoTrouba is flying to Winnipeg today. Probably see Buff with Ladd and Little and slide Wheeler down with Kane and Olli.

Good luck in the playoffs guys and gals.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:16 AM
Habsawce

I know it would never happen but for a game or 2 I'd love to see Therrien take a chance and run out the defense of.

Subban-Gorges
Markov-Tinordi
Dreweski-Beaulieu

haha

I guess with the importance of winning the division it would never happen, I just think Bouillon and Emelin look lost out there at times and tired. Emelin is weird cause he'll make great plays but be completely out of position and not transitioning in coverage worth a crap. He needs a lot more coaching, and I sometimes wonder if the language barrier is hurting his transition to North American style hockey.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:22 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

It's going to be a bit painful up front if both Pleks and Patches are out

Old
04-04-2013, 11:24 AM
NHLFutureGuy3

It's time for people to step up. I'm looking at Eller and especially Galchenyuk. Galchenyuk misses the net way too often. He always tries too hard to snipe the corners and misses. Comon dude hit the net!

Old
04-04-2013, 11:44 AM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLFutureGuy3 View Post
It's time for people to step up. I'm looking at Eller and especially Galchenyuk. Galchenyuk misses the net way too often. He always tries too hard to snipe the corners and misses. Comon dude hit the net!
I feel like he's been lost in the shuffle a bit, especially with Gallagher playing so well and garnering all the attention.

Hopefully with the injuries he gets a chance at centre again and gets some PP time to get some confidence.

On the bright side, he's been playing very well on the defensive side of the puck.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:44 AM
AmeriHab

I thought Louis was going to get his call up when I heard patch and Pleks are out. The kid already has experience. Has he really dropped off that much?

Old
04-04-2013, 11:45 AM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

Trouba probably won't play for a couple of weeks. Our lines are going to be a mess, something like this:

Ladd - Little - Byfuglien
Kane - Jokinen - Wheeler
Tangradi - Burmistrov - Miettenen
Santorelli - Gagnon - Thorburn

Enstrom - Bogosian
Hainsey - Postma
Stuart - Clitsome

Pavelec
Montoya

Also expect the lines to be mixed up if there's no offence. Antropov, Slater, Peluso, Wright are all injured but expected back soon. Redmond out for the year. Wellwood, Meech and Kulda healthy scratches. Clitsome just came off an eye injury, we have no idea if he's 100%.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:46 AM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriHab View Post
I thought Louis was going to get his call up when I heard patch and Pleks are out. The kid already has experience. Has he really dropped off that much?
He missed half the season with an injury, during the year he was officially being transitioned from a Centre to a Winger. It's most beneficial for him to have as much ice time possible in the AHL, IMO.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:53 AM
matt77

First time I'm going to Bell Centre this year and it has to be the one game where Pacioretty and Plekanec are injured...

Old
04-04-2013, 11:55 AM
AmeriHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
He missed half the season with an injury, during the year he was officially being transitioned from a Centre to a Winger. It's most beneficial for him to have as much ice time possible in the AHL, IMO.
I didn't realize the ankle injury took him out for half the season. Your right then, probably should leave him. Thanks for the update

Old
04-04-2013, 11:56 AM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
It's going to be a bit painful up front if both Pleks and Patches are out
It's funny how we have been talking about depth this year and in one game it all vanishes (ok two games). Who would of thought Armstrong was that important to the 4th line, they looked horrible out there. Also the playing scared JM style yesterday really brought back bad memories.

I hope our players get healthy soon, even if they don't play tonight. I would rather finish 5-8 and have guys back for the playoffs than rush them, win a few games and not have them come battle time.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:56 AM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriHab View Post
I didn't realize the ankle injury took him out for half the season. Your right then, probably should leave him. Thanks for the update
I think he was always a long term prospect anyway, especially with him going to Harvard for a year.

If the team decides to keep him instead of trading him I wouldn't expect any real contribution for another couple years. The previous management rushed him due to the French factor, but I think Bergevin is smarter than that. Well I hope anyway

Old
04-04-2013, 11:58 AM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
It's funny how we have been talking about depth this year and in one game it all vanishes (ok two games). Who would of thought Armstrong was that important to the 4th line, they looked horrible out there. Also the playing scared JM style yesterday really brought back bad memories.

I hope our players get healthy soon, even if they don't play tonight. I would rather finish 5-8 and have guys back for the playoffs than rush them, win a few games and not have them come battle time.
It's starting to pile up now: Bourque, Diaz, White, Pacioretty, Plekanec, Armstrong and I'm convinced Moen is playing hurt (Abdomen is my guess)

Old
04-04-2013, 12:09 PM
Habbybirthday
"I ****ing LOVE it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt77 View Post
First time I'm going to Bell Centre this year and it has to be the one game where Pacioretty and Plekanec are injured...

Quote:
It's starting to pile up now: Bourque, Diaz, White, Pacioretty, Plekanec, Armstrong and I'm convinced Moen is playing hurt (Abdomen is my guess)
I think this is a case of HF Boards misinformation.

Remember that recent GDT when everyone said Therrien was benching Galchenyuk. Well because of that I didn't pick him for my fantasy hockey for that game. The game starts and woah.. there's chuckie.

Pacioretty is playing.. I can't find anything that say's he isn't except on these boards.

If someone has confirmed link then I will believe it.

Closed Thread