HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flames 1st Round Picks

Old
04-04-2013, 03:33 AM
Djp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lggy View Post
What would be the cost for the flames to move up to the 8-12 range?
last year buffalo moved from 21 to 14 by giving up their 2nd pick (around 42)

If St Louis pick was around 16-18 to move up to 10-12 would likely cost you your 2nd...but you traded that. If Pittsburgh ends up 27-30 you would probably need to move that and then to balance it out Calgary would get back a 3rd.

As the other poster said---the St Louis pick goes to 2014 if St Louis fails to make the playoffs. No team will give up a 2013 1st for a 2014 1st if they are in the 10-12 range.

Last edited by Djp: 04-04-2013 at 03:38 AM.
Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 03:53 AM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

I hope we just stay where we are. Not much point in moving up to the 10-12 spot IMO. After the top 4 there is a big drop. You'll get a good player all the way to 35 or so.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:33 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by western redmen View Post
Well, it's likely gonna take Murray and 2 1st to pry that top pick away from Calgary. And since u guys arnt keen on trading Murray then there's no point discussing it.
Murray and one first is an overpayment, but may be what is asked... never two.

To move up will be costly this draft, no one will change hands in the top five without something going wrong. Teams are better off looking at two later firsts for #7/8 than adding for #4.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:10 AM
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner

vCash: 1237
The "Flames need to make the playoff in 2013" deal.

Given the Flames and Sabres have dealt twice in the recent past, the Sabres happen to have a top notch goalie that might be moved, and the Flames happen to need one, I could see a deal here.

Flames own 1st 2013

Ryan Miller
Drew Stafford
2nd 2013
2nd 2014

Why the Flames do this:

Flames need a goalie to fulfill ownership demands of making the playoff in 2013. Miller has been known to be able to carry poorly built teams to the 1st round of the playoffs.

Why the Sabres do this:

Obviously, they want all the futures, and Darcy only seems to move major pieces when he think he will clearly "win" the trade.

Tim Murray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:11 AM
western redmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Murray and one first is an overpayment, but may be what is asked... never two.

To move up will be costly this draft, no one will change hands in the top five without something going wrong. Teams are better off looking at two later firsts for #7/8 than adding for #4.
Would u trade ur pick for Murray and LA's pick?? Teams won't just drop from top 5 to mid-late 20 without something really significant. Murray is great, IMO jones>Murray and someone like Petan

western redmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:26 AM
mdexm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogilny 89 View Post
Not going to happen, and ownership hasn't "demanded" to make the playoffs in 2014. They just said it's not ok to just roll over and give up while they rebuild. Flames are going to try Ramo / Berra long before they explore someone like Miller.

There's no universe where any GM gives up a potential franchise player like MacKinnon/Drouin/Jones for present-day Ryan Miller, a plugger and 2 seconds.

mdexm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:33 AM
western redmen

Quote:

Given the Flames and Sabres have dealt twice in the recent past, the Sabres happen to have a top notch goalie that might be moved, and the Flames happen to need one, I could see a deal here.

Flames own 1st 2013

Ryan Miller
Drew Stafford
2nd 2013
2nd 2014

Why the Flames do this:

Flames need a goalie to fulfill ownership demands of making the playoff in 2013. Miller has been known to be able to carry poorly built teams to the 1st round of the playoffs.

Why the Sabres do this:

Obviously, they want all the futures, and Darcy only seems to move major pieces when he think he will clearly "win" the trade.
Counter
Buffalo 1st for Cammy tanguay and pit 1st

western redmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:40 AM
RIP Chris Butler
Feels bad man

Quote:

Flames own 1st 2013

Ryan Miller
Drew Stafford
2nd 2013
2nd 2014
Lol everyone takes the playoff thing too seriously. Feaster said that management said it to set a winning attitude in the locker room. Everyone knows the playoffs aren't happening.

If you really wanted our first, it'd take two seconds, your 2014 first, and Grigirenko minimum

RIP Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 01:35 PM
TylerSVT*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Murray was a 2nd overall pick last year....I think he holds more value than Baertschi.
Top 3 pick this year >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Murray.

I like Murray, but last year was a weak draft and his upside is nowhere near Drouin, MacKinnon or Jones.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 02:21 PM
Avs44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post

I like Murray, but last year was a weak draft and his upside is nowhere near Drouin, MacKinnon or Jones.
What is your point? I never compared Murray to any pick in this draft. Learn to read.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 02:29 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:

Flames own 1st 2013

Ryan Miller
Drew Stafford
2nd 2013
2nd 2014

Why the Flames do this:

Why the Sabres do this:

Not saying this is terrible but this is terrible. Miller can't make Buffalo win with their defense but he will make Calgary win with a worse defense? Highly doubtful. We will use our pick to get a franchise player to replace Iggy and management is convinced Ramo is a starter in this league.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 02:33 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

I believe the likelihood of a top 3, maybe 5 pick in this draft being as good as or better than Baertschi is hyped to be is more likely than Baertschi living up to the hype of just doing well in a handful of NHL games.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 02:38 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post

Is Baertschi in the top 3 picks this year? I don't get it.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 03:26 PM
jarome

Personally I would never trade bartschi, unless the return allowed us to draft both Mac and Druoin.

jarome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 03:41 PM
SvenBartschi27

Love this for the flames! Praying that Stl just squeaks in then gets knocked out in rd 1. Then we'll likely get 1-7(cgy), 15-20(stl), and 25-30(pitt). Im sure feaster will somehow f up something along the way but it will be hard to go wrong with anything in this draft.

SvenBartschi27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 04:12 PM
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner

vCash: 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Not saying this is terrible but this is terrible. Miller can't make Buffalo win with their defense but he will make Calgary win with a worse defense? Highly doubtful. We will use our pick to get a franchise player to replace Iggy and management is convinced Ramo is a starter in this league.
Hey man I'm just trying to imagine what a trade would look like that fulfills your owner's expectations. It's not particularly realistic (nor are his demands).

Tim Murray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 04:14 PM
herashak

[QUOTE=Rorschach;63284909]I believe the likelihood of a top 3, maybe 5 pick in this draft being as good as or better than Baertschi is hyped to be is more likely than Baertschi living up to the hype of just doing well in a handful of NHL edit:nvm

Last edited by herashak: 04-04-2013 at 04:22 PM.
herashak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 04:22 PM
Janks
Pope Janks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
I believe the likelihood of a top 3, maybe 5 pick in this draft being as good as or better than Baertschi is hyped to be is more likely than Baertschi living up to the hype of just doing well in a handful of NHL games.
I think you forgot some commas, periods and some English.

Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 04:24 PM
Avs44

I think it's fairly obvious what he was saying....

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 04:26 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Hey man I'm just trying to imagine what a trade would look like that fulfills your owner's expectations. It's not particularly realistic (nor are his demands).
Why would we trade for Miller over Bernier?

It makes no sense I would trade for Luo before Miller just because Van needs to get rid of him more. We don't want Miller and especially not at that price.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 04:27 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

Quote:
Well for one Jay Feaster flat out stated that they had no interest in bringing in "post apex" players. Ryan Miller falls into that category I would say. He will be 33 years old next season, and has started to slowly regress over the past three seasons.

Every team's mandate around the league is to be competitive (atleast it better be..), but for some teams it takes longer. In this particular instance Calgary in all likely hood will have little to no chance to make the playoffs next season even if they had Ryan Miller in net. Of course the GM will not come out and state that publicly, nor should he.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 05:45 PM
blankall

Quote:

Flames own 1st 2013

Ryan Miller
Drew Stafford
2nd 2013
2nd 2014

Why the Flames do this:

Why the Sabres do this:

bwahaha.

In what way are Miller and Stafford going to put the Flames into the playoffs. There's a more likely chance that MacKinnon or Jones put the Flames into the playoffs. The fact the other piece is Stafford, who's had an insanely bad year, just makes this laughable.

Counter:

To Buf:

Stajan
2nd 2014
3rd 2013
Irving

To Cal:

Hogdson

Actually, the deal I proposed is probably better. Stajan is the only player as part of either garbage package that is actually playing well right now.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 05:51 PM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by western redmen View Post
Would u trade ur pick for Murray and LA's pick?? Teams won't just drop from top 5 to mid-late 20 without something really significant. Murray is great, IMO jones>Murray and someone like Petan
Actually, if it were a mid pick such as 15-20, I might do it if I had someone around that mark I wanted. Jones > Murray, is true. But add another first rounder to Murray and the answer is not so clear, regardless there is little incentive for CBJ to do that imo.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 06:33 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Bear in mind that that was a Doug MacLean trade and therefore not necessarily a reasonable reference point. That was when he gave up a chance at Andrew Ladd in favor of Alexandre Picard - the forward, not the defenseman.

...and honestly, our response to that would be along the lines of "lol go jump in a lake".

Lord G-d Almighty, hon. There are precisely three and only three names that would make us consider moving Murray, and two of them play for a future division rival about 150-200 miles due east.

Nothing against Baertschi; it's just that Murray is considered our best shot at a regular Norris winner among many, many blueliners in the system.

Moving two picks to get into the top-5 would be something we would nominally be willing to do.

Don't ask about Murray, though. It will not go well.
I usually like your posts. Not this one. Murray is a upper end prospect, but I definitely don't see Norris trophies in his future.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 07:14 PM
RIP Chris Butler
Feels bad man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
I usually like your posts. Not this one. Murray is a upper end prospect, but I definitely don't see Norris trophies in his future.
Exactly. He has top 2 potential but no Norris trophies. Those belong to Dougie Hamilton

RIP Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote