HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL Playoffs / Gagarin Cup 2013 Semifinals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-04-2013, 12:21 PM
  #276
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,499
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
I was wrong, congrats to Traktor and go Traktor! Kazan', time to rebuild.

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:22 PM
  #277
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kp61c View Post
and nichushkin goes to U18 WC
I am sure he would rather play GC finals! Even Kharmalov thinks that it is better to play GC finals.

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:22 PM
  #278
russianhockey
Registered User
 
russianhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,139
vCash: 500
nichushkin said after the game, that he is looking forward to the finals

russianhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:23 PM
  #279
metmag
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Nepean
Country: Canada
Posts: 159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kp61c View Post
and nichushkin goes to U18 WC
uhh... no

metmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:23 PM
  #280
Vicente
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cologne
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,400
vCash: 500
I mean what is better for the development of this kid. Playing against other kids in a youth tournament or playing the finals of the second strongest ice hockey league for men? I think the answer is pretty easy.

Vicente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:28 PM
  #281
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicente View Post
I mean what is better for the development of this kid. Playing against other kids in a youth tournament or playing the finals of the second strongest ice hockey league for men? I think the answer is pretty easy.
tell this to Tretyak

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:29 PM
  #282
kp61c
Registered User
 
kp61c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Moscow
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
That doesn't start until the 18th, couldn't he still play in the finals?
the seventh game will be on 19 may. and after the finals what form do you think he will be in?

kp61c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:30 PM
  #283
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,782
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicente View Post
Traktor are completely deserved in the Gagarin Cup finals!!! Ak Bars had a 3-1 lead which was completely lucky already after Traktor threw away several big leads in game #4 and then they played three miserable games in a row!

I never had the feeling after the 3-1 lead for Ak Bars in this series that they really wanted to win it. Traktor just looked more motivated!
WHAT?

Did Traktor deserve to win? Yes.

Because they were so good? No.

AkBars wasn't nearly as focused as against Ufa. Traktor did their best. Kazan wasn't nearly as good as they should have been. So Traktor deserved the win because they just grinded out the last 3 games.

Side notes:

1. Games 5 and 6 are completely on Belov. Even more so because of the series score. you just don't lose those series. He forgot the lessons of Billyaletdinov and lost those games for us. Bill always plays 4 lines and keeps his stars fresh for a game deciding phase. Belov wanted it to much and let the top players play until they were making stupid mistakes only because they were squeezed out to the max. I hope Belov learns from that. He's still only a padawan.

2. Belov scratched Darzins for game 7. Too late. You can't blame one player for a lost game. But his blunders in games 5 and 6 were awful.

3. I understand Kuznetsov. He's comfortable in a league that protects him. He gets away with clear penalties and if you touch him it's 2 minutes. Once again it doesn't mean Traktor didn't deserve it, because good teams just win it.

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:31 PM
  #284
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,499
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by kp61c View Post
the seventh game will be on 19 may. and after the finals what form do you think he will be in?
I mean it's u18, Canada is not bringing their best, who cares, let some other kid fight for fame.

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:32 PM
  #285
kp61c
Registered User
 
kp61c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Moscow
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by russianhockeyDOTde View Post
nichushkin said after the game, that he is looking forward to the finals
it doesnt matter what he says, tractor must release him.
Quote:
I mean it's u18, Canada is not bringing their best, who cares, let some other kid fight for fame.
tell it our federation

kp61c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:34 PM
  #286
Spektanto
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chelyabinsk
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 258
vCash: 500
Kostitsyn's first puck in the playoffs - and so important!

Spektanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:36 PM
  #287
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,782
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
I was wrong, congrats to Traktor and go Traktor! Kazan', time to rebuild.
Rebuild what? There are at least 2-3 years more in the core. No need to rebuild, just to scout the market better(the latter signings are all busts) and develop the young players. We need a better D-man that Zakharchuk and a copule of young D-men. After those 2-3 years a rebuild is certainly due.

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:38 PM
  #288
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
I mean it's u18, Canada is not bringing their best, who cares, let some other kid fight for fame.
read twitter of Kravchuk

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:39 PM
  #289
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,499
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
Rebuild what? There are at least 2-3 years more in the core. No need to rebuild, just to scout the market better(the latter signings are all busts) and develop the young players. We need a better D-man that Zakharchuk and a copule of young D-men.
Morozov, Zaripov dependance is hindering the development of others. Plus many talented players that Kazan' has grabbed from less fortunate team$ are being utilized wrong, which stumbled their development and activated regression.

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:40 PM
  #290
Vicente
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cologne
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
Rebuild what? There are at least 2-3 years more in the core. No need to rebuild, just to scout the market better(the latter signings are all busts) and develop the young players. We need a better D-man that Zakharchuk and a copule of young D-men. After those 2-3 years a rebuild is certainly due.
I don't think this series was won due to higher class by Traktor or better tactics. IMHO Traktor players just wanted it more! After their 3-1 lead Ak Bars more or less only did the necessary in the other three games but never impressed me.

Had Ak Bars taken this series it would have been the usual "play bad, still win" mentality of them.

Vicente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:44 PM
  #291
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,782
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
Morozov, Zaripov dependance is hindering the development of others. Plus many talented players that Kazan' has grabbed from less fortunate team$ are being utilized wrong, which stumbled their development and activated regression.
Morozov and Zaripov take exactly 2 roster spots. What are you talking about? And Zaripov is still one of the best LW in the KHL. Morozov is getting older gradually, but his experience is still winning us games.

Who is being utilized wrong? That's absolute nonsense.

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:47 PM
  #292
metmag
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Nepean
Country: Canada
Posts: 159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kp61c View Post
it doesnt matter what he says, tractor must release him.

tell it our federation
Why dont they ask the player first? Im sure its a choice to participate in a tournament isn't it?

I mean, even if he wasnt in the GC playoffs, and was golfing on vacation somewhere, he could hypothetically still deny the invitation.

But either way I think the president of Traktor and KHL management should protest this. Sochi and WC is one thing, maybe even U20, but this is nonesense

metmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:47 PM
  #293
russianhockey
Registered User
 
russianhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,139
vCash: 500
both are now free agents, is that right?
i read somewhere that cska wants 2 sing them both...

russianhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:48 PM
  #294
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,499
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
Morozov and Zaripov take exactly 2 roster spots. What are you talking about? And Zaripov is still one of the best LW in the KHL. Morozov is getting older gradually, but his experience is still winning us games.

Who is being utilized wrong? That's absolute nonsense.
Zherdev, Bodrov, Ketov, Lemtyugov to name a few, who were all pried away from poorer teams as leaders and turned into 4th line players.

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:50 PM
  #295
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,782
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicente View Post
I don't think this series was won due to higher class by Traktor or better tactics. IMHO Traktor players just wanted it more! After their 3-1 lead Ak Bars more or less only did the necessary in the other three games but never impressed me.

Had Ak Bars taken this series it would have been the usual "play bad, still win" mentality of them.
AkBars NEVER plays bad in the playoffs. This is an common haters quote who don't want to admit that AkBars is a good team. There was that game 2 against Ufa, but that's it. I really ask myself if you really watched the series. AkBars players wanted it too. It was all coaching in the end. Hats off to Belousov. It was tactics more than anything else. Once Belousov figured out Belov Belov wasn't able to respond.

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:50 PM
  #296
metmag
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Nepean
Country: Canada
Posts: 159
vCash: 500
Teens usually take U18 tournaments as experience, skill build, and exposure to scouts for draft.

Nichushkin will get nothing from this tournament. Furthermore the team cant be that bad that they need to uproot the best possible player against everyone's will to have a chance at gold.

metmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:51 PM
  #297
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by metmag View Post
Why dont they ask the player first? Im sure its a choice to participate in a tournament isn't it?

I mean, even if he wasnt in the GC playoffs, and was golfing on vacation somewhere, he could hypothetically still deny the invitation.

But either way I think the president of Traktor and KHL management should protest this. Sochi and WC is one thing, maybe even U20, but this is nonesense
Europeans has another mentality than canadians. For us (leaders of hockey federations in Europe) is NT OVER club. It does not matter if it is only meaningless U18 tourney. Now is special situation for Russians, because tourney is in Sochi, Russia.

read twitter of head coach of RUS U18 @KravchukIgor

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:52 PM
  #298
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by russianhockeyDOTde View Post
both are now free agents, is that right?
i read somewhere that cska wants 2 sing them both...
yes, they are since May 1st. UFA if I know

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:54 PM
  #299
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,499
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by russianhockeyDOTde View Post
both are now free agents, is that right?
i read somewhere that cska wants 2 sing them both...
please, no!

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:57 PM
  #300
kp61c
Registered User
 
kp61c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Moscow
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by metmag View Post
Teens usually take U18 tournaments as experience, skill build, and exposure to scouts for draft.

Nichushkin will get nothing from this tournament. Furthermore the team cant be that bad that they need to uproot the best possible player against everyone's will to have a chance at gold.
there are gonna be some big shots from our goverment at the tournament. our federetion simply wants to cover its own ass whatever it takes

kp61c is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.