HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers vs. Canucks | 04/04/2013 | 8:30 MST | SNET-W/P

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-04-2013, 01:19 PM
  #51
Asher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppler Drift View Post
Actually it would be MDT and PDT. We are on Daylight Savings time now.



Daylight savings time is a scam.

Asher is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 01:20 PM
  #52
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle
 
smackdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,183
vCash: 500
I'll be at this game tonight, cheering hard for the Oilers!

smackdaddy is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 01:20 PM
  #53
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood
 
CornKicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,591
vCash: 694
taylor hall has an off game and only gets 3pts, yakupov scores 2 and the oilers win 9-0

CornKicker is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 01:26 PM
  #54
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Grumpier OLD MAN inn
Country: United Nations
Posts: 60,996
vCash: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppler Drift View Post
Actually it would be MDT and PDT. We are on Daylight Savings time now.



or 330GMT

I think all GDT should be done at GMT time

__________________
"If the Detroit Red Wings are defying gravity" by consistently contending without the benefit of high draft picks, "the Edmonton Oilers are defying lift.

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 01:29 PM
  #55
The Nuge
Moderator
5-14-6-1
 
The Nuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,547
vCash: 50
I'm sensing a little hostility

The Nuge is online now  
Old
04-04-2013, 01:32 PM
  #56
plikestechno
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,795
vCash: 500
I think we still win tonight but in a much tighter game. We really embarrased them last time and they'll be looking to pound us into the ground. That said, we've actually played really well against them this year.

Anyone else think that Khabby should start? He started the streak and it's back to backs. Can't afford any early goals against tonight.

Nice to know as well that the game isn't absolutely must win. It would be nice to win but beating Calgary twice in a row and winning the last 5 means it's not the end of the world if we don't.


Last edited by plikestechno: 04-04-2013 at 01:37 PM.
plikestechno is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 01:32 PM
  #57
Doppler Drift
Registered User
 
Doppler Drift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 12,570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
or 330GMT

I think all GDT should be done at GMT time
Should use UTC then. Most precise.

Another win tonight will set them up for a real good chance at making the playoffs. Hopefully they work hard in their own and neutral zone.

Doppler Drift is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 01:35 PM
  #58
McDreamy
Losing credibility
 
McDreamy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,705
vCash: 100
A win tonight would be huge. Keep the ball rolling! I have a feeling this will be a loss, but this team has made me a bit of a pessimist.

We can't let up on the offensive pressure. Just play with the same mojo we have done for the last 5 games, and this is a win.

McDreamy is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 01:37 PM
  #59
Rafters
Registered User
 
Rafters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Medicine Hat
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,426
vCash: 500
I never noticed just how impressive the first Yakupov goal was...onetimer out of the air....amazing hand eye from Yak

Rafters is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 01:45 PM
  #60
Petro Points
Registered User
 
Petro Points's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafters View Post
I never noticed just how impressive the first Yakupov goal was...onetimer out of the air....amazing hand eye from Yak
from now on the guys should just softball up the puck for him all the time... Isnt that the 3rd or 4th times he batted one in like that?

Petro Points is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 01:46 PM
  #61
Petro Points
Registered User
 
Petro Points's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchslap View Post
A win tonight would be huge. Keep the ball rolling! I have a feeling this will be a loss, but this team has made me a bit of a pessimist.

We can't let up on the offensive pressure. Just play with the same mojo we have done for the last 5 games, and this is a win.
A regulation win tonight and VAN is catchable in standings.

Petro Points is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 01:48 PM
  #62
Calgary McOilers
Registered User
 
Calgary McOilers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,382
vCash: 2747
Cam Barker's in the lineup tonight! Win!

Calgary McOilers is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 01:53 PM
  #63
Cam98
Registered User
 
Cam98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,035
vCash: 500
im curious what the nagging injury is for hemsky. maybe one of his shoulders?

Cam98 is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 01:57 PM
  #64
sync
BECAUSE...REASONS!!!
 
sync's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,080
vCash: 500
so how many cheap shots are the oilers going to get tonight from the nucks?

we need a response to jackholes like bieksa before he actually does hurt one of our top players.

the nucks will be playing their dirty game tonight.

sync is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 01:59 PM
  #65
McFuhryous
Registered User
 
McFuhryous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Medicine Hat, AB
Country: Hungary
Posts: 1,152
vCash: 50
The Canucks haven't been scoring many goals as of late...in their last 5 games they have scored only 9 and have been shutout twice. Hopefully we can get some sound goaltending and the D play a solid game and keep them in the drought.

Any word on who is starting? I'd assume Dubnyk since he only had around 20 shots last night.

McFuhryous is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 02:01 PM
  #66
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher
 
Mowzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Lebanon, Alberta
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 8,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhryous View Post
The Canucks haven't been scoring many goals as of late...in their last 5 games they have scored only 9 and have been shutout twice. Hopefully we can get some sound goaltending and the D play a solid game and keep them in the drought.

Any word on who is starting? I'd assume Dubnyk since he only had around 20 shots last night.
Krueger just said they have their starter but won't divulge that information yet, probably Khabibulin.

Mowzie is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 02:03 PM
  #67
Rafters
Registered User
 
Rafters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Medicine Hat
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sync View Post
so how many cheap shots are the oilers going to get tonight from the nucks?

we need a response to jackholes like bieksa before he actually does hurt one of our top players.

the nucks will be playing their dirty game tonight.
Proper response is a dump into his corner and mash his face against the glass over and over....no fly byes tonight

Rafters is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 02:06 PM
  #68
Koto
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,290
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fysloc View Post
8:30? so late... next year is only going to get worse, I like having early 6-7pm games.
me too. i have to take a ****ing nap if i want to go to bed after 9 and wake-up in the morning for work without a headache

i love when the oilers are on eastern roadtrips, 5-6pm starts is where its at, even the typical 7-730 home game is too late for me.

Koto is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 02:07 PM
  #69
Jeff Lebowski
Registered User
 
Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 761
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by plikestechno View Post
I think we still win tonight but in a much tighter game. We really embarrased them last time and they'll be looking to pound us into the ground. That said, we've actually played really well against them this year.

Anyone else think that Khabby should start? He started the streak and it's back to backs. Can't afford any early goals against tonight.

Nice to know as well that the game isn't absolutely must win. It would be nice to win but beating Calgary twice in a row and winning the last 5 means it's not the end of the world if we don't.
Yes. I feel much more confident with Khabby back there.

Jeff Lebowski is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 02:08 PM
  #70
NewBoysClub97
All-Star
 
NewBoysClub97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,770
vCash: 50
I wonder if Dubnyk will start and Khabby on Saturday. Kids better watch out for some runs. Bieksa always tries to do a 20 foot dash and go out of his way to wreck somebody.

NewBoysClub97 is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 02:10 PM
  #71
cyril*
Losers cheer for..
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Losing
Posts: 1,621
vCash: 500
This game has loss all over it. Second game of B2B, won five in a row (due for a loss) and the Canucks looking for revenge for the whupping on Saturday.

I would be extremely happy with one point but will love if they can win in regulation. Go Oil!

cyril* is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 02:10 PM
  #72
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles
 
Jimmi McJenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,519
vCash: 500
So a win tonight would put the Oilers within 3 pts of Vancouver, right? That's not insignificant at this point in the season. I would start Dubnyk myself, but I think would be hard to go wrong. Save for the CBJ game, Habby's been solid.

I would really like to see Peckham or Fistric (specifically Peckham) in for Potter, for toughness.

Have Lander and/or Hartikainen been recalled?

Jimmi McJenkins is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 02:16 PM
  #73
Markous
My Posse's on Whyte
 
Markous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oil Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 142
vCash: 50
Oilers make it six in a row!

Yakupov with a hat trick!


Markous is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 02:17 PM
  #74
The Nuge
Moderator
5-14-6-1
 
The Nuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,547
vCash: 50
I'm one of the few people that doesn't mind Potter, but we really should be playing Fistric instead tonight

The Nuge is online now  
Old
04-04-2013, 02:18 PM
  #75
oilers1084
Registered User
 
oilers1084's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 781
vCash: 500
Would any of you guys jump Bieksa if you were playing for the Oilers? I would, I'd take bum out for the rest of the game I'm hoping Brown does something to him tonight.

oilers1084 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.