HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fire Bowman Part III

Closed Thread

Old
04-03-2013, 06:51 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
He isn't contributing enough to the cause, just like a player, just like the fire Q movement when we had just won a ****ing Cup and a bunch of playoff series under him.

Old
04-03-2013, 06:53 PM
McDooRoo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
He isn't contributing enough to the cause, just like a player, just like the fire Q movement when we had just won a ****ing Cup and a bunch of playoff series under him.
You can't be serious?

Old
04-03-2013, 06:58 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
This was responded to, yet, you keep going off not making any sense. The "Fire Q", "movement" didn't start after the Hawks had just won the Cup. It started the next season, when Chicago was expected to go on a deeper run, and the Hawks were in the midst of a 9-game losing streak, with both specialty units near the bottom of the league and the team playing like hot **** defensively.

There was plenty of reason why people wanted Q fired - and if not Q, than Kitchen. I admitted that it probably wasn't 100% warranted, but it made far, far more sense than the current "Fire Bowman" crap.

Stop trying to justify your distain for Bowman by pointing out what happened last year with Q. You've been calling for Bowman's head almost immediately since he got the job. I'm not Q's biggest fan, and was a proponent of him being fired last year - and if not then, than this season if things didn't go well - and yet, I'm quite satisfied with how he's handled the team this year. Why? Because he's done a good job. Like Bowman's done a good job.

Old
04-03-2013, 07:10 PM
coldsteelonice84

I feel the exact opposite in terms of justification between the two.

Old
04-03-2013, 07:22 PM
McDooRoo

Quote:
Are sure you aren't a closet Vancouver fan?

Old
04-03-2013, 07:28 PM
coldsteelonice84

Yep, you figured it out.

Old
04-03-2013, 07:33 PM
BronYrAur

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
This was responded to, yet, you keep going off not making any sense. The "Fire Q", "movement" didn't start after the Hawks had just won the Cup. It started the next season, when Chicago was expected to go on a deeper run, and the Hawks were in the midst of a 9-game losing streak, with both specialty units near the bottom of the league and the team playing like hot **** defensively.

There was plenty of reason why people wanted Q fired - and if not Q, than Kitchen. I admitted that it probably wasn't 100% warranted, but it made far, far more sense than the current "Fire Bowman" crap.

Stop trying to justify your distain for Bowman by pointing out what happened last year with Q. You've been calling for Bowman's head almost immediately since he got the job. I'm not Q's biggest fan, and was a proponent of him being fired last year - and if not then, than this season if things didn't go well - and yet, I'm quite satisfied with how he's handled the team this year. Why? Because he's done a good job. Like Bowman's done a good job.
That's rationalizing. Like you have said regarding StanBow/Roy/Dallas, we don't know the full story about any of this ****. Many of us (me included) were up in arms looking for a coaching change during that awful stretch. Just like most around the deadline, we were being irrational fans.

We can hate on coach Q all we want and complain that he hires his buddies who just seem to flunk out elsewhere, but in the end, he is a great coach who has an amazing record in the NHL. The players like playing for him and they seem to respect them and he seems to respect them.

They had 9-game losing streak last year and still finished with 101 points.

Old
04-03-2013, 07:38 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
You feel the exact opposite in terms of blame? How so? How was it Bowman's fault that the PP and PK sucked last year? How was it Bowman's fault that the team couldn't stop a nose-bleed, defensively? He added a Dman at the deadline, and did it work out in the playoffs? No it didn't, but that had far more to do with Hossa being knocked out and Kane, Toews and Sharp not scoring than it had to do with Oduya not being enough to get them out of the 1st round.

The team's third pairing last year was average, especially before the deadline, but they still had Keith, Seabrook and Hammer. The forward group was strong, even with Brunette in the top-6 (which is on Q, too).

The team was just bad last year, and most would say, it was on the coaching staff - even if not specifically on Q. The players always deserve part of the blame, because they're on the ice, but when your team's as talented as Chicago, and you can't score a PP goal or kill a penalty, that's on the coaching staff.

And regardless, last year is over. This years team is playing extremely well, the coaching staff seem to be pushing the right buttons and Bowman's additions have fit in wonderfully (Roszival, Brookbank, Saad). This team, from the players on the ice to the brain trust in the pressbox, have done everything they can to be successful. A legitimate #2 centre would have been nice, but it didn't happen, and when there's only one 2nd line centre traded throughout the season, from a team that may or may not have wanted one of Saad, Teravainen or Danault for said 2nd line centre, it's not hard to see why Bowman wasn't able to land one.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:43 PM
coldsteelonice84

http://video.blackhawks.nhl.com/vide...id=DL|CHI|home

This belongs in here. He says everything I believed he though and would say and the opposite of what the pro-Bowman crowd has said. A must watch. He says we have it all, asking prices were not an issue and he feels the team is complete which is why he just say back and didn't do anything. Ballsy but he believes his work is done. We'll see how it turns out.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:51 PM
McDooRoo

Quote:

This belongs in here. He says everything I believed he though and would say and the opposite of what the pro-Bowman crowd has said. A must watch. He says we have it all, asking prices were not an issue and he feels the team is complete which is why he just say back and didn't do anything. Ballsy but he believes his work is done. We'll see how it turns out.
It is done. This is a damn good team. If we don't win the cup it won't be because Bowman didn't take your advice at the deadline. A 2C would've been nice, but that same 2C wouldn't be the reason we won or lost the cup

Old
04-03-2013, 09:56 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:

I'm just going to repost this here:

Coldsteel, why are you looking for something to ***** about?

He didn't say anything that was unexpected or controversial. He's not going to go into detail about what or who was talked about, so there's really nothing to read into about his comments.

Old
04-04-2013, 08:30 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndgt10 View Post
I'd say you are insane if you think this team wins the Cup with Crawford or Emery.
I'm 100% sure you said the same 2010 about Huet and Niemi

Old
04-04-2013, 08:36 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
I'm just going to repost this here:

Coldsteel, why are you looking for something to ***** about?

He didn't say anything that was unexpected or controversial. He's not going to go into detail about what or who was talked about, so there's really nothing to read into about his comments.
You don't need to read in. He's shoots it straight, and I really do appreciate that. We know how he feels. It's how I thought he felt and that is all I need to know. It would have been easy to just say the prices were unreasonable like he has in the past, but he didn't do that. The man truly believes he has a finished product and that is totally ok. It's just nice to know where he stands, that's all.

Old
04-04-2013, 09:10 AM
Hawkaholic

..and Bowman is right. Now it's up to the players and coaches to perform.

Old
04-04-2013, 10:24 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
..and Bowman is right. Now it's up to the players and coaches to perform.
We will see if he's right about Bolland.

Old
04-04-2013, 10:30 AM
Judrix
Kruger is our 2C

I'd like to get a real 2C by trading Bolland, as I think Shaw can do everything Bolland can at the 3C spot..other than that, there was really no moves to be made in my opinion.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:17 AM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

2C is just like 1C. They're not available unless some team wants to make a huge overpayment with top prospects and picks. Hawks have no picks. The Hawks 1st is worth little when you're projected to pick around 30. Thats the equivalent of a high second rounder.

Obviously Bowman is in it for the long haul keeping the pipeline. Draft and develop. Most lower grade prospects wont cut it for trades. Detroit makes very few moves and almost none concerning rostered players.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:24 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Good Centers rarely make it to free agency or get traded. Roy was traded twice in 1 year.

we need to keep drafting Centers and hope that one will make it and stick with the team

Old
04-04-2013, 11:28 AM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Good Centers rarely make it to free agency or get traded. Roy was traded twice in 1 year.

we need to keep drafting Centers and hope that one will make it and stick with the team
Well come on now... Roy is a pretty good center and a very capable #2C.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:32 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Well come on now... Roy is a pretty good center and a very capable #2C.
I've seen a lot of people saying he sucks the last couple days. I just imagine they haven't watched the guy play much.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:38 AM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Roy is small and it looks like his best days have come and gone. Hawks have enough undersized players.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:46 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

the same guys that don't want him this year said it last year too and in the offseason before he was dealt for Ott

Old
04-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Ace Rothstein
Aces High

vCash: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
the same guys that don't want him this year said it last year too and in the offseason before he was dealt for Ott
The difference being what was given up to acquire him at the point of both trades. With Roy going for a mediocre prospect and a pick at the deadline, the trade made sense. Last year when he was traded for an NHL C, it definitely did not make sense for the Hawks.

Old
04-04-2013, 12:21 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
The difference being what was given up to acquire him at the point of both trades. With Roy going for a mediocre prospect and a pick at the deadline, the trade made sense. Last year when he was traded for an NHL C, it definitely did not make sense for the Hawks.
Yeah, that is true. Since it was Ott, they kept asking if we would trade Bolland for him. This time, he went for very little so it's just "he sucks".

Old
04-04-2013, 01:34 PM
WarriorofTime

Connauton is not a mediocre prospect. Not a blue-chipper but mediocre is a stretch. In terms of comparison, he's like Clendening but a couple years older. He's got a really nice shot. Canuck fans were calling him a future Top 4 D before he got dealt but now he's crap. I try to go to a fair share of Wolves games (way cheaper than Hawks tickets) and he's stood out to me. I definitely think he's a guy with a good NHL future in front of him. Also, keep in mind we didn't have a 2nd round pick and given the standings are likely projected to have a worse pick. So it probably would have taken a 1st + Clendening to get him.. bare in mind we will be in the same division as Dallas next year so they may have not wanted to give us a leg up in re-signing him.

Closed Thread