HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Winnipeg Jets vs. Montreal Canadiens

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-04-2013, 01:23 PM
  #101
Rozz
Registered User
 
Rozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Kamloops B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbybirthday View Post
With Pacioretty and Plekanecs out our most effective lines should probably looks something like this.

Ryder - Subban - Markov
Markov - Subban - Ryder
Subban - Ryder - Markov
Markov - Desharnais - Subban

Subban - Markov
Markov - Subban
Emelin - Subban
LMFAO! AWESOME!

Rozz is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 01:43 PM
  #102
Redux91
I do Three bullets.
 
Redux91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montreal West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,236
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Sucks about pleks and patches

but ill be happy to see eller get a shot at 2nd line center allbit by default.. (he must of been happy to get promoted ...only to see ryder and gionta on his wings playing like crap and went oh NO)

and galchenyuk better be centering that 3rd line!

Redux91 is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 01:51 PM
  #103
Habbybirthday
"I ****ing LOVE it"
 
Habbybirthday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt77 View Post
RDS

Les attaquants Tomas Plekanec et Max Pacioretty ont tous les deux été blessés au bas du corps dans le match contre les Flyers.

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/%...jouer-1.605542

(Forwards Tomas Plekanec and Max Pacioretty are both injured with low-body injury....)
That just say's they were both injured in the game. I can't find anything confirming Max is out. I can find stuff confirming plekanecs is out.

I'd bet all my VCASH (Valuable stuff) that Pacioretty plays tonight.

Habbybirthday is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 01:53 PM
  #104
Habbybirthday
"I ****ing LOVE it"
 
Habbybirthday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
LMFAO! AWESOME!

Haha. But hey.... Am I the only one that thinks Subban would make a CRAZY forward?

Habbybirthday is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 01:53 PM
  #105
FF de Mars
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: 42 rue Fontaine
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,970
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Gorges' shot is horrible. It would probably be harder if he picked it up and threw it at the net and Bouillon isn't too bad but he seems to have a horrible time keeping the zone.

Chuckie played the point a bit in Sarnia on the PP, now I know it's junior and hard to compare but with the way he's played defensively this year I don't see the issue with trying him on the 2nd wave. I'm not the coach though but I would put Galchenyuk-Emelin on the 2nd wave and just make sure you have Plek's line on the ice when they're on the point.
I've been thinking the same all year. Chuckie should play the point on the second wave. Heck I'd rather have Beaulieu in the lineup than have to endure Gorges and Bouillon on the PP.

FF de Mars is online now  
Old
04-04-2013, 02:00 PM
  #106
MonkeyBusiness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
I've been thinking the same all year. Chuckie should play the point on the second wave. Heck I'd rather have Beaulieu in the lineup than have to endure Gorges and Bouillon on the PP.
I don't know why you're saying it like that, Beaulieu is a tremendous player.

MonkeyBusiness is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 02:01 PM
  #107
Habsawce
Registered User
 
Habsawce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 21,042
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
I don't know why you're saying it like that, Beaulieu is a tremendous player.
I'd have Tinordi and Beaulieu in the line up over Bouillon and Emelin any day after seeing how they managed after being called up. Beaulieu a little bit less though.

Habsawce is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 02:03 PM
  #108
MonkeyBusiness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
I'd have Tinordi and Beaulieu in the line up over Bouillon and Emelin any day after seeing how they managed after being called up. Beaulieu a little bit less though.
Well of course Beaulieu a little less, he isn't physically ready to be a full time player in the NHL. He's also a year younger than Tinordi.

MonkeyBusiness is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 02:10 PM
  #109
groovejuice
Registered User
 
groovejuice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbybirthday View Post
Haha. But hey.... Am I the only one that thinks Subban would make a CRAZY forward?
Nope. I've mentioned in a few posts that I'd like to see him in a forward position on the PP.

groovejuice is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 02:22 PM
  #110
HockeyCanada19
Registered User
 
HockeyCanada19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: The Peg
Country: Canada
Posts: 33
vCash: 500
Good luck tonight guys. Jets suck right now so even with 2 of your top guys out, you should have no problem winning tonight. Don't beat us up too badly okay!

HockeyCanada19 is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 02:22 PM
  #111
FF de Mars
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: 42 rue Fontaine
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,970
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
I don't know why you're saying it like that, Beaulieu is a tremendous player.
I love Beaulieu too, I wish we had him as our 6th dman and DD44 as our 7th right now. Can you imagine having Chuckie and Beaulieu on our second wave instead of overplaying Subban or Markov, or instead of having to play Bouillon and Gorges, who are completely useless on the powerplay. It might be too late in the season to try it, but I sure hope they try Chuckie at the point with Beaulieu, on the second PP wave, next year.

FF de Mars is online now  
Old
04-04-2013, 02:25 PM
  #112
bdawg1989*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 974
vCash: 500
We destroy the SE (perfect record this season) and I expect it to keep going that way.

Habs 4 (Galchenyuk, Ryder, Subban, Emelin)
Jets 1 (E. Kane)

bdawg1989* is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 02:31 PM
  #113
bluefan
Registered User
 
bluefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,053
vCash: 50
Dear Habs,

Give us at least a point?

Pretty please?

Sincerely,
A concerned Jets fan

P.S.
Good luck tonight.

bluefan is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 02:33 PM
  #114
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go
 
canadiensnation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,527
vCash: 500
Come on someone do a GDT!

canadiensnation is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 02:59 PM
  #115
Analyzer*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,999
vCash: 50
I hope to **** these idiots give a solid effort.

I didn't discuss it in the pgt thread, but props to Eller for actually dropping the gloves. Too bad the habs were so stunned they forgot to focus on hockey.

However if we lose, I won't be mad. I want the Jets to make it, but they're pretty much saying they don't want to.

Analyzer* is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 03:00 PM
  #116
Davebo
BeepBeep!
 
Davebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiensnation View Post
Come on someone do a GDT!
No GDT yesterday, and we lost.

Davebo is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 03:01 PM
  #117
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto
 
Andrighetto Fabolous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,026
vCash: 500
Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 1m

Tomas Plekanec (groin) won't play tonight. Max Pacioretty (foot) could play. #canadiens #RDS

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 03:02 PM
  #118
Kass Attack
Formerly HiggsBozon
 
Kass Attack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I hope to **** these idiots give a solid effort.

I didn't discuss it in the pgt thread, but props to Eller for actually dropping the gloves. Too bad the habs were so stunned they forgot to focus on hockey.

However if we lose, I won't be mad. I want the Jets to make it, but they're pretty much saying they don't want to.
Eller was one of those who was sleepwalking the most yesterday, no matter if he "fought" or not.

Those who say he should get better linemates and some PP time had a prime example yesterday of why he didn't before Plekanec got injured.

Kass Attack is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 03:05 PM
  #119
Analyzer*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,999
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Eller was one of those who was sleepwalking the most yesterday, no matter if he "fought" or not.

Those who say he should get better linemates and some PP time had a prime example yesterday of why he didn't before Plekanec got injured.
lolwut?

Eller was back checking, though not very well on the Gagne goal. He helped create chances, he was physical and he didn't back down.

Let me guess, Ryder and Gionta played a great game along with a stalwart performance from Bouillon, right ?

Analyzer* is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 03:11 PM
  #120
Kass Attack
Formerly HiggsBozon
 
Kass Attack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
lolwut?

Eller was back checking, though not very well on the Gagne goal. He helped create chances, he was physical and he didn't back down.

Let me guess, Ryder and Gionta played a great game along with a stalwart performance from Bouillon, right ?
He was -4 for **** sake.

But oh wait... These poor scrubs aren't worthy of playing with him. Let's trade for Zetterberg and Iginla. Then, maybe he'll have linemates who are at his level.

People have to stop finding ridiculous excuses for Eller when he's not playing well. He had a very bad game yesterday. That happens. Stop praising him when he has those.

Kass Attack is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 03:11 PM
  #121
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 27,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Eller was one of those who was sleepwalking the most yesterday, no matter if he "fought" or not.

Those who say he should get better linemates and some PP time had a prime example yesterday of why he didn't before Plekanec got injured.
That's completely unfair, and actually stupid.

Plekanec goes down in a game where really, not even a handful of players were performing well. Eller gets to move up and starts playing against Giroux with two linemates he never played with (who are also having bad games btw).
The whole team looked like crap.

Heck, DD didn't even get such tough match ups when he was given a chance at the top 6. Having a shot at the top 6 is one thing (which is what most people were saying for Eller), replacing your best center in the middle of a game versus one of the best ones in the NHL is a whole other story.

Kriss E is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 03:12 PM
  #122
Kass Attack
Formerly HiggsBozon
 
Kass Attack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbybirthday View Post
Haha. But hey.... Am I the only one that thinks Subban would make a CRAZY forward?
So, by taking out his most lethal weapon, which is his one-timer, he would be one hell of a forward?

No. Subban is a d-man. Always has been always will be.

Kass Attack is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 03:14 PM
  #123
Rick16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbybirthday View Post
With Pacioretty and Plekanecs out our most effective lines should probably looks something like this.

Ryder - Subban - Markov
Markov - Subban - Ryder
Subban - Ryder - Markov
Markov - Desharnais - Subban

Subban - Markov
Markov - Subban
Emelin - Subban
Too much of Desharnais

Rick16 is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 03:14 PM
  #124
MonkeyBusiness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
He was -4 for **** sake.

But oh wait... These poor scrubs aren't worthy of playing with him. Let's trade for Zetterberg and Iginla. Then, maybe he'll have linemates who are at his level.

People have to stop finding ridiculous excuses for Eller when he's not playing well. He had a very bad game yesterday. That happens. Stop praising him when he has those.
2 of the goals he was on the ice for went off a skate and in. Eller played well and gave it his all.

MonkeyBusiness is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 03:20 PM
  #125
Kass Attack
Formerly HiggsBozon
 
Kass Attack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
That's completely unfair, and actually stupid.

Plekanec goes down in a game where really, not even a handful of players were performing well. Eller gets to move up and starts playing against Giroux with two linemates he never played with (who are also having bad games btw).
The whole team looked like crap.
So if I understand, when he's playing with Galchenyuk and Gallagher, it's because he's with 2 rookies, when he's playing with Prust or Moen, he's playing with scrubs, and when he's playing with Ryder and Desharnais, he has to adapt to his new line. Damn. You guys sure come up with a lot of excuses.

To be honest, now, Eller wasn't the reason for the loss yesterday. No. In fact, our horrible defensive play and the Markov - Emelin pairing had a lot to do with it. Much more than Eller.

But praising a guy who just finished last night at -4 might be stretching it a little far.

Kass Attack is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.