HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Winnipeg Jets vs. Montreal Canadiens

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2013, 01:23 PM
Rozz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbybirthday View Post
With Pacioretty and Plekanecs out our most effective lines should probably looks something like this.

Ryder - Subban - Markov
Markov - Subban - Ryder
Subban - Ryder - Markov
Markov - Desharnais - Subban

Subban - Markov
Markov - Subban
Emelin - Subban
LMFAO! AWESOME!

Old
04-04-2013, 01:43 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Sucks about pleks and patches

but ill be happy to see eller get a shot at 2nd line center allbit by default.. (he must of been happy to get promoted ...only to see ryder and gionta on his wings playing like crap and went oh NO)

and galchenyuk better be centering that 3rd line!

Old
04-04-2013, 01:51 PM
Habbybirthday
"I ****ing LOVE it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt77 View Post
RDS

Les attaquants Tomas Plekanec et Max Pacioretty ont tous les deux été blessés au bas du corps dans le match contre les Flyers.

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/%...jouer-1.605542

(Forwards Tomas Plekanec and Max Pacioretty are both injured with low-body injury....)
That just say's they were both injured in the game. I can't find anything confirming Max is out. I can find stuff confirming plekanecs is out.

I'd bet all my VCASH (Valuable stuff) that Pacioretty plays tonight.

Old
04-04-2013, 01:53 PM
Habbybirthday
"I ****ing LOVE it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
LMFAO! AWESOME!

Haha. But hey.... Am I the only one that thinks Subban would make a CRAZY forward?

Old
04-04-2013, 01:53 PM
FF de Mars

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Gorges' shot is horrible. It would probably be harder if he picked it up and threw it at the net and Bouillon isn't too bad but he seems to have a horrible time keeping the zone.

Chuckie played the point a bit in Sarnia on the PP, now I know it's junior and hard to compare but with the way he's played defensively this year I don't see the issue with trying him on the 2nd wave. I'm not the coach though but I would put Galchenyuk-Emelin on the 2nd wave and just make sure you have Plek's line on the ice when they're on the point.
I've been thinking the same all year. Chuckie should play the point on the second wave. Heck I'd rather have Beaulieu in the lineup than have to endure Gorges and Bouillon on the PP.

Old
04-04-2013, 02:00 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
I've been thinking the same all year. Chuckie should play the point on the second wave. Heck I'd rather have Beaulieu in the lineup than have to endure Gorges and Bouillon on the PP.
I don't know why you're saying it like that, Beaulieu is a tremendous player.

Old
04-04-2013, 02:01 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
I'd have Tinordi and Beaulieu in the line up over Bouillon and Emelin any day after seeing how they managed after being called up. Beaulieu a little bit less though.

Old
04-04-2013, 02:03 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
I'd have Tinordi and Beaulieu in the line up over Bouillon and Emelin any day after seeing how they managed after being called up. Beaulieu a little bit less though.
Well of course Beaulieu a little less, he isn't physically ready to be a full time player in the NHL. He's also a year younger than Tinordi.

Old
04-04-2013, 02:10 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
Haha. But hey.... Am I the only one that thinks Subban would make a CRAZY forward?
Nope. I've mentioned in a few posts that I'd like to see him in a forward position on the PP.

Old
04-04-2013, 02:22 PM
HockeyCanada19

Good luck tonight guys. Jets suck right now so even with 2 of your top guys out, you should have no problem winning tonight. Don't beat us up too badly okay!

Old
04-04-2013, 02:22 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
I love Beaulieu too, I wish we had him as our 6th dman and DD44 as our 7th right now. Can you imagine having Chuckie and Beaulieu on our second wave instead of overplaying Subban or Markov, or instead of having to play Bouillon and Gorges, who are completely useless on the powerplay. It might be too late in the season to try it, but I sure hope they try Chuckie at the point with Beaulieu, on the second PP wave, next year.

Old
04-04-2013, 02:25 PM
bdawg1989*

We destroy the SE (perfect record this season) and I expect it to keep going that way.

Habs 4 (Galchenyuk, Ryder, Subban, Emelin)
Jets 1 (E. Kane)

Old
04-04-2013, 02:31 PM
bluefan

Dear Habs,

Give us at least a point?

Pretty please?

Sincerely,
A concerned Jets fan

P.S.
Good luck tonight.

Old
04-04-2013, 02:33 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

Come on someone do a GDT!

Old
04-04-2013, 02:59 PM
Analyzer*

I hope to **** these idiots give a solid effort.

I didn't discuss it in the pgt thread, but props to Eller for actually dropping the gloves. Too bad the habs were so stunned they forgot to focus on hockey.

However if we lose, I won't be mad. I want the Jets to make it, but they're pretty much saying they don't want to.

Old
04-04-2013, 03:00 PM
Davebo
BeepBeep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiensnation View Post
Come on someone do a GDT!
No GDT yesterday, and we lost.

Old
04-04-2013, 03:01 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 1m

Tomas Plekanec (groin) won't play tonight. Max Pacioretty (foot) could play. #canadiens #RDS

Old
04-04-2013, 03:02 PM
Kass Attack
Formerly HiggsBozon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I hope to **** these idiots give a solid effort.

I didn't discuss it in the pgt thread, but props to Eller for actually dropping the gloves. Too bad the habs were so stunned they forgot to focus on hockey.

However if we lose, I won't be mad. I want the Jets to make it, but they're pretty much saying they don't want to.
Eller was one of those who was sleepwalking the most yesterday, no matter if he "fought" or not.

Those who say he should get better linemates and some PP time had a prime example yesterday of why he didn't before Plekanec got injured.

Old
04-04-2013, 03:05 PM
Analyzer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Eller was one of those who was sleepwalking the most yesterday, no matter if he "fought" or not.

Those who say he should get better linemates and some PP time had a prime example yesterday of why he didn't before Plekanec got injured.
lolwut?

Eller was back checking, though not very well on the Gagne goal. He helped create chances, he was physical and he didn't back down.

Let me guess, Ryder and Gionta played a great game along with a stalwart performance from Bouillon, right ?

Old
04-04-2013, 03:11 PM
Kass Attack
Formerly HiggsBozon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
lolwut?

Eller was back checking, though not very well on the Gagne goal. He helped create chances, he was physical and he didn't back down.

Let me guess, Ryder and Gionta played a great game along with a stalwart performance from Bouillon, right ?
He was -4 for **** sake.

But oh wait... These poor scrubs aren't worthy of playing with him. Let's trade for Zetterberg and Iginla. Then, maybe he'll have linemates who are at his level.

People have to stop finding ridiculous excuses for Eller when he's not playing well. He had a very bad game yesterday. That happens. Stop praising him when he has those.

Old
04-04-2013, 03:11 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:

That's completely unfair, and actually stupid.

Plekanec goes down in a game where really, not even a handful of players were performing well. Eller gets to move up and starts playing against Giroux with two linemates he never played with (who are also having bad games btw).
The whole team looked like crap.

Heck, DD didn't even get such tough match ups when he was given a chance at the top 6. Having a shot at the top 6 is one thing (which is what most people were saying for Eller), replacing your best center in the middle of a game versus one of the best ones in the NHL is a whole other story.

Old
04-04-2013, 03:12 PM
Kass Attack
Formerly HiggsBozon

Quote:
So, by taking out his most lethal weapon, which is his one-timer, he would be one hell of a forward?

No. Subban is a d-man. Always has been always will be.

Old
04-04-2013, 03:14 PM
Rick16

Quote:
With Pacioretty and Plekanecs out our most effective lines should probably looks something like this.

Ryder - Subban - Markov
Markov - Subban - Ryder
Subban - Ryder - Markov
Markov - Desharnais - Subban

Subban - Markov
Markov - Subban
Emelin - Subban
Too much of Desharnais

Old
04-04-2013, 03:14 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
He was -4 for **** sake.

But oh wait... These poor scrubs aren't worthy of playing with him. Let's trade for Zetterberg and Iginla. Then, maybe he'll have linemates who are at his level.

People have to stop finding ridiculous excuses for Eller when he's not playing well. He had a very bad game yesterday. That happens. Stop praising him when he has those.
2 of the goals he was on the ice for went off a skate and in. Eller played well and gave it his all.

Old
04-04-2013, 03:20 PM
Kass Attack
Formerly HiggsBozon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
That's completely unfair, and actually stupid.

Plekanec goes down in a game where really, not even a handful of players were performing well. Eller gets to move up and starts playing against Giroux with two linemates he never played with (who are also having bad games btw).
The whole team looked like crap.
So if I understand, when he's playing with Galchenyuk and Gallagher, it's because he's with 2 rookies, when he's playing with Prust or Moen, he's playing with scrubs, and when he's playing with Ryder and Desharnais, he has to adapt to his new line. Damn. You guys sure come up with a lot of excuses.

To be honest, now, Eller wasn't the reason for the loss yesterday. No. In fact, our horrible defensive play and the Markov - Emelin pairing had a lot to do with it. Much more than Eller.

But praising a guy who just finished last night at -4 might be stretching it a little far.

Closed Thread