HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs [29-41-6] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013 4.0

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2013, 01:18 PM
cphabs
It complels you!

vCash: 500
I am more than concerned with Lefebvre sitting on our pot of gold. Any have the same feeling? Just a fan.

Old
04-04-2013, 01:35 PM
TinordiandSubban

Some juicy potential for the PowerPlay units:

Collberg----Bournival------Archambault

-----Kristo--------Beaulieu---

Leblanc------Holland--------Hudon

-------Pateryn-------Vail

Last edited by TinordiandSubban: 04-04-2013 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Forgot Hudon!
Old
04-04-2013, 01:41 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

Is Lefebvre really as bad as some people say? Or are people just overreacting?

Old
04-04-2013, 01:46 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Nope, he's great. We're developing future all-stars Stortini and Hagel real well.

Old
04-04-2013, 01:53 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Nope, he's great. We're developing future all-stars Stortini and Hagel real well.
I can see some really positive results from Kristo,Hudon and Archambault watching Stortini and Hagar AHL vets that they are giving pointers to the young pups.

Old
04-04-2013, 02:04 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Bergevin screwed up by not giving him a few more vets, but Lefebvre made some real head scratcher decisions this year.

Old
04-04-2013, 02:24 PM
niftymove

Sure, sometime Hamilton looks bad, but if we rely on the improvement showed by our young D squad since start of the season, I must admit, seeing Tinordi and Beaulieu in particular, there must be some good work done there.

I remember Bouillon, in a recent video interview, saying the teaching he had to do with the youngster was not that bad since they were shown the same hockey system in Hamilton.

Old
04-04-2013, 02:53 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Any one debuting for Hamilton tonight: Hudon, Collberg or Kristo?

Old
04-04-2013, 02:55 PM
Mue

Quote:
Any one debuting for Hamilton tonight: Hudon, Collberg or Kristo?
No game tonight.

Kristo was practicing with the team today though.

Old
04-04-2013, 02:56 PM
S Bah

When the Hamilton Bulldogs centermen are Bournival,Nokelainen,Tenute and Chaput going forward,there's room for improvement.Nokes won't make it through waivers,Tenute and Chaput aren't NHL material,leaving Bournival,Holland and Naatinen when he's back from injury.Vail goes back to the OHL,so there is a definite need for a center and Danny Pribyl is a Habs draftee that needs to learn the NA game.That would give Hamilton four centers with the ability to make the NHL I'm not saying they all will just that they have the abilities necessary.The Bulldogs can use help at most positions other than defence. The RW's will look good if Collberg stays, with Kristo joining Leblanc and Blunden.The LW's Quailer and Lefebrve can really use a boost,Archambault and hopefully Nystrom will sign and give the Bulldogs four LW's with abilities,maybe not NHL abilities.Quailer is possibly the only LW maybe Archambault that could make the NHL.Hamilton could be a better team next season with all of these additions to the forwards.Defence will have Deitz and Nygren joining so the defence should be much better and if Thrower comes also lookout AHL.

Old
04-04-2013, 03:02 PM
Habitants

i cant wait to see which players will get called up for the playoff drive once the season is over...

Old
04-04-2013, 03:12 PM
Rick16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cphabs View Post
I am more than concerned with Lefebvre sitting on our pot of gold. Any have the same feeling? Just a fan.
I'm not the biggest Lefebvre fan but I think people are a bit too harsh on him. Every single Hamilton Bulldogs player who's been called up this has looked good. So he must certainly be doing something right to prepare our guys for the big league. Just my 2 cents.

Old
04-04-2013, 03:50 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Bergevin screwed up by not giving him a few more vets, but Lefebvre made some real head scratcher decisions this year.
Agreed, but I am glad that Bergevin focused on improving the Habs first while he continues to work on building depth within the system. I think he will recognize it as an issue that needs addressing and will work on it this summer. In fact, judging the number of players going through the turnstiles in Hamilton, I believe he is working on it already.

Old
04-04-2013, 04:21 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

There's been no further info on Collberg, so I highly doubt he's going.

Unless I missed something big.

Old
04-04-2013, 04:38 PM
StapleA

Quote:
Just like how Joe Sacco developed Lefebvre into such an amazing coach, I guess.

Old
04-04-2013, 05:08 PM
thaivuN
Cynical Narcissist.

vCash: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick16 View Post
I'm not the biggest Lefebvre fan but I think people are a bit too harsh on him. Every single Hamilton Bulldogs player who's been called up this has looked good. So he must certainly be doing something right to prepare our guys for the big league. Just my 2 cents.
Well, what worries some people about Lefebvre is how he deals with forwards rather than how he deals with defensemen. Our defensemen has looked good at the NHL level. That much is true, but his usage of forwards is pretty worrisome as he demonstrated he would rather play some mediocre-to-garbage veterans or grinders over kids that would likely either play better or at least produce some more goals when the team can't seem to score.

Old
04-04-2013, 05:27 PM
Ghetto Sangria
Groupthink

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaivuN View Post
Well, what worries some people about Lefebvre is how he deals with forwards rather than how he deals with defensemen. Our defensemen has looked good at the NHL level. That much is true, but his usage of forwards is pretty worrisome as he demonstrated he would rather play some mediocre-to-garbage veterans or grinders over kids that would likely either play better or at least produce some more goals when the team can't seem to score.
I get what you mean by relying on vets and playing plugs... But i think its just a lack of offensive talent.

Dumont and gallagher are both exceeding expectations this season and they played many games under lefebvre.

Its hard to tell because hamilton sucks something fierce... But every player (forward or defenceman) that has been called up had played very well. That's what you expect from a good farm team.

I just hope these players are doing well with the help of lefebvre, rather than despite him. But 5 for 5 must mean he's been doing something right.

Old
04-04-2013, 06:21 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
I get what you mean by relying on vets and playing plugs... But i think its just a lack of offensive talent.

Dumont and gallagher are both exceeding expectations this season and they played many games under lefebvre.

Its hard to tell because hamilton sucks something fierce... But every player (forward or defenceman) that has been called up had played very well. That's what you expect from a good farm team.

I just hope these players are doing well with the help of lefebvre, rather than despite him. But 5 for 5 must mean he's been doing something right.
This.

Old
04-05-2013, 05:30 AM
S Bah

Well I'm hoping the Habs prospects all show up for tonight's "Barn Burner in San Antonio" The Bulldogs are facing three games in three nights in Texas,the last meeting between these teams was in Hamilton and the Rampage did just that 5-2.Not to be a downer but the Panthers just signed a bunch of their prospects in time for the game.
Scott Bjugstad,Johnathan Racine,Francis Beauviller and Greg Rallo are the new signings for San Antonio.Danny Kristo, Sebastian Collberg, Charles Hudon and Adam Ross are the new Bulldogs. Come to avenge the onslaught the Rampage gave them and the fans three days before Christmas 2012.How's that for a build-up to what should be a really great game,all of the rookies playing their very first professional game.They are some of the best prospects from each organization,I know that hell and high waters aren't going to keep this cowboy from watching our Bulldogs fight their way through Texas and come out on the winning side. Go Bulldogs Go!

Old
04-05-2013, 09:12 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
I'll give Lefebvre credit for the D's developing well. But then again, they should be with him and Dufresne behind the bench.

The forward usage has been a mess all season. Give Lefebvre a mediocre veteran forward, and he'll play him way more than he should. Boyce, Hagel, Stortini, Nokelainen, etc. The PP has also been a complete debacle running at around 10% or so, which is just unacceptable when you have a talent like Beaulieu running the point. Their PP scheme, at least pre-lockout when the games were on TV, was absolutely abysmal.

Old
04-05-2013, 09:30 AM
EveryDay

Any confirmation if Kristo or Hudon will play tonight

Old
04-05-2013, 09:39 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Any time your team is in last place in the entire league, people will look for someone to put the blame on. The Dogs always work hard but they struggle badly to produce offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Any confirmation if Kristo or Hudon will play tonight
I expect Kristo to play tonight.

Old
04-05-2013, 09:48 AM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Any time your team is in last place in the entire league, people will look for someone to put the blame on. The Dogs always work hard but they struggle badly to produce offense.

I expect Kristo to play tonight.

Thanks no word on Hudon yet?

Old
04-05-2013, 11:58 AM
CoconutHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Thanks no word on Hudon yet?
I read on twitter this morning that they both should make their AHL debut tonight. I am planning on buying the feed, I'll post the lines and give you my comments during the night !

Old
04-05-2013, 12:04 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

vCash: 250
Kristo will play with belizil and archambalt

Closed Thread