HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Erat & Michael Latta to the Capitals for Filip Forsberg

Old
04-04-2013, 01:47 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkins Wodka View Post
Caps fan here wondering if Erat and Ward ever played on the same line in Nashville and if so how was their chemistry, we have them as our 3rd line wingers tonight.

thanks
Yes they did. Everyone plays with everyone at some point with Trotz juggling lines.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 01:51 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I fully expect Erat to play better now that he's been traded, he's so streaky and this might be what was needed to get him going again.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 02:05 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosing View Post
Found a little interview with forsberg from hockeysverige, if u can handle google translate

Was taken by surprise by trade
"A shock." To describe Filip Forsberg's feelings after yesterday's announcement that his rights had been traded by Washington to Nashville before yesterday's trade deadline.

- This was something I had not expected at all, he says to hockeysverige.se.
It happens a lot in Filip Forsberg's hockey life currently. On Saturday, he and Leksand were prepared for the premier league next season and many spoke of him going over to the Washington Capitals organization after the season with Leksand was over.

But last night strange things happened. Only an hour after the transfer window had closed the NHL Nashville Predators announced that they had traded Martin Erat and Michael Latta to the Washington Capitals in exchange for Filip Forsberg.

Hockey Sweden's chief editor, Uffe Bodin, commented on the transaction as follows: "For the Washington Capitals to give up on Filip Forsberg less than a year after he was drafted eleventh overall is a shock."

Filip Forsberg himself was also he was very surprised and found out that he traded from his team mate.
- It was actually Jacob de la Rose who called me. He sat and followed online what happened before the transfer window closed. Jacob called me and said that there were things going on. Then, it was a minute or so, he called again and said it was done, I was traded to Nashville, so he was the one who told me.

How did you react to the news?
- At first I was shocked, of course. This was something I had not anticipated at all. Now that it has happened I accept it, but it was a shock, absolutely.

Had you received any indication of Washington that this could happen?
- No, I had not. We had just talked about how we would make the postseason. Little bit about what they liked and what I thought. Then came here and, like I said, it was definitely a little shock.

Have you had any contact with Nashville's organization after Jacob de la Rose gave you this news?
- Yes, I called some people last night so I've talked a little bit with them.

What has Nashville said about your future?
- The club have said that they see a bright future for me and we are very pleased to have gotten me to the organization. It sounded optimistic on their part, I must say.

Did you talk any about how you want to go over there after the game against Sodertalje tomorrow?
- It went so quickly yesterday while I was quite taken by surprise over this news. We did not talk much about it, but we'll talk it over in the next few days.

Although Filip Forsberg plans were to travel to the Washington Capitals to play, he is already well briefed about his new club.
- Nashville has a really good goalie (Pekka Rinne) then it has Shea Weber in the lead of a really good defensive. That is primarily what has distinguished Nashville in recent years.
- Since it's very country and that's about it as I know, laughing Forsberg.

Nashville Predators have a Swede right now playing in the NHL, Patric Hörnqvist . But it's not that Filip Forsberg is already familiar with them.
- No, I don't know him really.

The Farm Team's Magnus Hellberg , Mattias Ekholm , Patrick Cehlin and Daniel Bang . Have you met them before?
- I do not think I have anyway, haha ​​...

What do you know about Nashville as a city except that it played a lot of country music in the bars there?
- What I have been told by some people at practice today, our North Americans (Kevin Kapstad and Mark Hurtubise) had a bit of an eye, is that Nashville will be a very good city to live in, which also feels good. It feels like this is going to be super.

Are you disappointed with the trade or do you see only opportunities?
- Absolutely not disappointed. There are things that happen in this business. I take it for what it is and try to do things as I can. Hopefully I can have a very bright future in Nashville.
I have a bit of translation experience, though not from Swedish to English. Tried to clean it up a bit for ya

04-04-2013, 02:19 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Ahhh.

If he likes country music, he will love downtown Nashville but he's not old enough for that yet.
being 19 will atleast get you in, most places, but not able to drink, obviously.

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 02:28 PM
adsfan

I just found out about Latta 2 hours ago. My favorite memory of him is when he fought Shawn LaLonde of the Rockford “Peaches”. (They still show that fight on the video board highlights!). They were sent to the penalty box. During the timeout which followed, Rob Flick attacked Jeremy Smith. Then the entire Milwaukee bench emptied except for the back-up goalie and the coaches. It was April 1, 2012. Both Latta and LaLonde came out of their penalty boxes. I don’t remember who Latta was fighting, but he lost his jersey. He was skating around in his shoulder pads looking for another IceHog to fight, but most of them were standing around and laughing about the turn of events at the game. Sorry to see you go Mike!

Losing Erat is probably an addition by subtraction. He hasn't looked good this year, especially recently. I hope this Forsberg will be better than the last one that the Preds had. I still call him “Floppa”. Broken foot and washed up, what a bust he was!

Friday night is Jeremy Smith bobblehead night to commerate the brawl! Nine gamers were given out, including both head coaches.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 02:32 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Ahhh.

If he likes country music, he will love downtown Nashville but he's not old enough for that yet.
Woah...he's two months younger than me.

This is making me feel old.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 02:35 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Woah...he's two months younger than me.

This is making me feel old.
Leave your cane by the door, no one will notice!

Old
04-04-2013, 02:39 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
Leave your cane by the door, no one will notice!
We just traded an NHL veteran and proven 50 point player for a guy that should be a senior in high school.

That is just weird to think about.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 02:43 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I kind of want to add Forsberg to our prospects ticker before HF updates its prospect rankings

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 02:44 PM
Legionnaire11

I didn't read all 10 pages, but heard on the radio that Erat approached Poile with this 2 weeks ago and both sides agreed to take some time to evaluate and make sure that it was what they both wanted vs an emotional decision in the moment. As the deadline approached, Erat still felt the same way so Poile accommodated him and made a deal.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 02:46 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
We just traded an NHL veteran and proven 50 point player for a guy that should be a senior in high school.

That is just weird to think about.
I am old enough to be his father! You will get used to it.

Erat's NHL career is coming to an end in a few years. Nashville needs another guy like Rads, but without his head problems.

Old
04-04-2013, 02:49 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmanu View Post
#Preds' Fisher: "We want guys here that want to play and want to be part of this team, that want to win, and that wasn't the case w/ Marty."

Good to see Mike backing the team. I hope Legwand or Gaustad are given the vacant 'A'.

May seem harsh but we don't know if Marty was being lazy or if other stuff was going on in the locker room. Fisher is just being honest.
I think it's awesome and frankly, I'd really like to hear something similar come out of Weber's mouth. It's good to hear guys publicly backing the team. Good for Fish!

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 02:51 PM
alexmanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
I think it's awesome and frankly, I'd really like to hear something similar come out of Weber's mouth. It's good to hear guys publicly backing the team. Good for Fish!
Read this: http://smashville247.net/index.php/2...rat-trade.html

Weber has the same line of thought as Fisher.

alexmanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 02:52 PM
predfan98

Quote:
I think it's good for Fish to say it also.

Cynic that I am, we won't hear it out of Weber's mouth at all........because he doesn't want to be here.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 02:53 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Link to the comments from Weber mentioned above:

http://smashville247.net/index.php/2...rat-trade.html

Old
04-04-2013, 02:56 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post

Cynic that I am, we won't hear it out of Weber's mouth at all........because he doesn't want to be here.
Quote:
Shea Weber

Was Erat’s trade request a surprise to you?
No, that’s his personal choice. Obviously we’re moving on without him.

His trade request, was it something you guys knew about before yesterday?
No.

Your agent mentioned last summer that you don’t necessarily want to be around here for a rebuilding situation. With Marty going does that qualify as more of a rebuilding situation?
No. We’re in the playoff race and we’re in it until the end. I think there are other teams that are right there that are trading guys as well and they’re still winning. I don’t think that’s the case at all.
Seems like the announcement of his trade didn't surprise Weber even though he didn't know ahead of time it was something that could definitely happen. I guess he noticed Erat's disappearing act.

Old
04-04-2013, 02:57 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

wrong on both, if he wanted out Poile would not have matched....

Quote:
What’s it like for Erat not to be here anymore?
I don’t think it’s any different.
Quote:
Was Erat’s trade request a surprise to you?
No, that’s his personal choice. Obviously we’re moving on without him.

Old
04-04-2013, 03:06 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Do you really think that Poile would have known? I don't think so. I don't think Weber would have said anything to him. And once the offer sheet was made, they couldn't talk, right?

We just have different opinions on Weber. No biggie.

I just think Webers comments are neutral... no committment. Where the Fisher comments are strong and committed.

A Captain and franchise player should be strong and committed. And I haven't seen that from him this year.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 03:06 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmanu View Post
Read this: http://smashville247.net/index.php/2...rat-trade.html

Weber has the same line of thought as Fisher.
Meh. His comments weren't as emphatic and supportive of the team as Fisher's. Maybe I'm just being an insecure fan, but I'd really like to hear him say something like "We want guys in this room that want to be part of this team, and if that's not the case with Marty then he should leave. I'm committed to Nashville and totally focused on winning the Cup for this team. We're moving in the right direction" or some such.

I just want him to show us some love!

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 03:10 PM
alexmanu

Quote:
Meh. His comments weren't as emphatic and supportive of the team as Fisher's. Maybe I'm just being an insecure fan, but I'd really like to hear him say something like "We want guys in this room that want to be part of this team, and if that's not the case with Marty then he should leave. I'm committed to Nashville and totally focused on winning the Cup for this team. We're moving in the right direction" or some such.

I just want him to show us some love!
I'd care less about what they say off the ice if I were you. Hockey players don't tend to be the most eloquent (though more eloquent than NFL or NBA players it has to be said) so I wouldn't place too much emphasis on interviews. Weber is as committed to the team as anyone. You can see it from his play on the ice, he hasn't missed a beat with Suter gone.

Weber is a lead by example on the ice type of captain.

alexmanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 03:10 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Do you really think that Poile would have known? I don't think so. I don't think Weber would have said anything to him. And once the offer sheet was made, they couldn't talk, right?

We just have different opinions on Weber. No biggie.

I just think Webers comments are neutral... no committment. Where the Fisher comments are strong and committed.

A Captain and franchise player should be strong and committed. And I haven't seen that from him this year.
Does Weber seem passive to you? He doesn't to me.

I can't see him him in negotiations with Poile if he truly didn't want to be here he would have told Poile. Or at the very least told his agent, and I can promise you his agent would have told Poile, even before the offer sheet is signed. Poile is respected as a honest and fair GM, it's not like he would have not honored the agents request on behalf of Weber.

Old
04-04-2013, 03:43 PM
Preddownsouth

Quote:
Oh I don't think you can say wrong on both. Look at the timeline here. A Preds team many of us thought could win the Cup last year endures the ugly Rads/Ak incident. Next the team gets bounced out of the playoffs by the Yotes. Then Suter bolts for Minny, and we have Poile wandering around the streets of Nashville with a constant vacant stare on his face from his perceived betrayal. And to add more to this string of ugly, your other superstar cornerstone D-man signs a HUGE front-loaded contract with the Flyers, signalling that it wouldn't be the worst thing to go East.

Hold on the trail of yuck continues with Weber's agent telling the media that Weber wants out, wants no part of a rebuild in Nashville. Now Poile and ownership have absorbed punch after punch to the gut. At the end of all of this, if they let Weber walk then its a truly dire situation for the Predators as a team and as a NHL franchise. Not only could you not keep either Suter or Weber, you send a signal to the rest of the league and its free agents that you really can't afford them either.

They matched Weber because no matter if he wanted to be here or not, they had to. In their eyes then they could have cared less if Weber wanted to be here or not. They matched for the health of keeping this team relevent in the eyes of the league and the eyes of its fans.

Look I hope Weber wants to be here and is a career Predator. I will be happy to be proven wrong. But I don't buy him as a guy who is dedicated and motivated to stay here his entire career.

Preddownsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 03:43 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
the more I think about it, the more I think this trade could be a really good thing, even if FF doesnt end up a rock star.

If this hadnt hapepened and we manage to squeak into the playoffs or at least come close Poile might have had the mindest that we just needed a tweak and not a major upgrade.

With Erat gone, you have to think Poile is now forced to find significant offensive help this summer, and you would think he'd have to do more than just scrape up some waiver wire rejects.

If this move forces Poile to either trade for or pay UFA money for a younger, better winger than Erat, it will be worth it...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 03:57 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preddownsouth View Post
Oh I don't think you can say wrong on both. Look at the timeline here. A Preds team many of us thought could win the Cup last year endures the ugly Rads/Ak incident. Next the team gets bounced out of the playoffs by the Yotes. Then Suter bolts for Minny, and we have Poile wandering around the streets of Nashville with a constant vacant stare on his face from his perceived betrayal. And to add more to this string of ugly, your other superstar cornerstone D-man signs a HUGE front-loaded contract with the Flyers, signalling that it wouldn't be the worst thing to go East.

Hold on the trail of yuck continues with Weber's agent telling the media that Weber wants out, wants no part of a rebuild in Nashville. Now Poile and ownership have absorbed punch after punch to the gut. At the end of all of this, if they let Weber walk then its a truly dire situation for the Predators as a team and as a NHL franchise. Not only could you not keep either Suter or Weber, you send a signal to the rest of the league and its free agents that you really can't afford them either.

They matched Weber because no matter if he wanted to be here or not, they had to. In their eyes then they could have cared less if Weber wanted to be here or not. They matched for the health of keeping this team relevent in the eyes of the league and the eyes of its fans.

Look I hope Weber wants to be here and is a career Predator. I will be happy to be proven wrong. But I don't buy him as a guy who is dedicated and motivated to stay here his entire career.
Yeah because that's the way Poile has always been as a GM.

For the record Poile would not want a player here with no motivation to be here.

Old
04-04-2013, 03:57 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
I didn't read all 10 pages, but heard on the radio that Erat approached Poile with this 2 weeks ago and both sides agreed to take some time to evaluate and make sure that it was what they both wanted vs an emotional decision in the moment. As the deadline approached, Erat still felt the same way so Poile accommodated him and made a deal.
exactly. I am appreciative and grateful it was asked for and handled in a professional matter and not a circus.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote