HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

Phoenix LXXIII: "This Space Available"

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2013, 10:38 AM
halligan10

vCash: 500
How serious can we take this new potential buyer M.Pastor?...Seriously he should of have contacted Jamison 6 weeks ago and benefit from a huge AMF from Glendale. But no he decided to wait so he could make it fair for everyone including the tax payers in Glendale. What a nice man!

Old
04-04-2013, 11:00 AM
XX
... Waiting

Nobody is serious until documents start to be signed and money is transferred. They'd need a lease formulated, approved and signed by the end of this month to keep the team by my estimate.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:05 AM
GuelphStormer

I think NBA commish Stern helped make up Gary's mind yesterday. "more time is needed" to determine the fate of the NBA Kings translates into "the yotes are not heading up the coast this year. congratulations QC".

Old
04-04-2013, 11:06 AM
cbcwpg

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Nobody is serious .....
Stopped right there.

If anyone had been seriously serious about owning this team, it would have been sold 3 years ago to someone with a pile of cash and the moral backbone to not try to blackmail / bankrupt a city in the process.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:07 AM
NHLfan4life
Who is PKP???

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuelphStormer View Post
Have Weiers or Daly confirmed that they met/spoke with Pastor?
Not that I've found. So, it didn't happen.

At this point I wouldn't believe it happened unless Pastor took a selfie next to the Mayor with yesterday's paper displaying the date.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:16 AM
CGG

Phoenix LXXIV: The Pastor and the Furious

Darrin Pastor - trying to hammer through a deal as quick as possible. Doesn't understand why it takes so long. Sees what he wants and he pounces on it. It's like he "lives his life one quarter-mile at a time".

Cut to Vin Diesel instructional videos in how to unsuccessfully act your way out of a wet paper bag.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:55 AM
barneyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLfan4life View Post
The price is still 170mm. Confirmed just a short time ago. IF this guy is legit, he better move fast. this won't last past the summer. no way. I don't think the playoffs are the deadline or there is a deadline but if next season starts with the the Yotes in Glendale, well call me an ugly woman and punch me in the face.
I may be out of the loop here, but can anyone point me to some sort of official statement regarding "the $170M asking price"?

Old
04-04-2013, 12:04 PM
Major4Boarding
Global Moderator
Private Equity

It's been decided... Phoenix LXXIV: Be Seeing You

Waiting for formal closure of this thread, kdb?

Old
04-04-2013, 01:24 PM
EmersonBeatemEtem
Watcha gonna do!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major4Boarding View Post

I like "put out to Pastor" as the best title but its the mods call.

Old
04-04-2013, 01:58 PM
cheswick
Non-registered User

vCash: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by barneyg View Post
I may be out of the loop here, but can anyone point me to some sort of official statement regarding "the $170M asking price"?
Not sure what you mean by an official statement. The NHL will never come out and publicly say what they are asking.

Old
04-04-2013, 02:08 PM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

Quote:

Not that it was my saying directly, but I've never won anything before. Is this what it feels like when Ed McMahon shows up on your doorstep?

Old
04-04-2013, 02:12 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat48 View Post
Not that it was my saying directly, but I've never won anything before. Is this what it feels like when Ed McMahon shows up on your doorstep?
If Ed McMahon shows up on your doorstep, you should probably close the door and call the police.

Old
04-04-2013, 02:21 PM
Llama19

vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
If Ed McMahon shows up on your doorstep, you should probably close the door and call the police.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat48 View Post
I think Ed McMahon would be preferable to Number Six (i.e., Killion) showing up at your door!

Congrats!

Be seeing you!

Old
04-04-2013, 02:59 PM
Major4Boarding
Global Moderator
Private Equity

FTR - I didn't select it, kdb did. I was going to go with:

Phoenix LXXIV: The "undervalued asset"

And yes, if Ed McMahon showed up at your door, best be sure you have Daryl's crossbow handy

Old
04-04-2013, 03:06 PM
Whileee

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGG View Post
Phoenix LXXIV: The Pastor and the Furious

Darrin Pastor - trying to hammer through a deal as quick as possible. Doesn't understand why it takes so long. Sees what he wants and he pounces on it. It's like he "lives his life one quarter-mile at a time".

Cut to Vin Diesel instructional videos in how to unsuccessfully act your way out of a wet paper bag.
Right. And he has "hockey in his blood", "opportunity of a lifetime", etc, etc, but he just woke up and realized that this NHL franchise in a dynamite market has been for sale for over three years, with the COG dangling huge subsidies. Maybe he was busy.

Maybe next time some "sports media" guy interviews him he could ask him why he waited so long to come to the table, instead of answering all of his own questions and flying off on fatuous tangents.

Old
04-04-2013, 03:25 PM
GF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
Right. And he has "hockey in his blood", "opportunity of a lifetime", etc, etc, but he just woke up and realized that this NHL franchise in a dynamite market has been for sale for over three years, with the COG dangling huge subsidies. Maybe he was busy.

Maybe next time some "sports media" guy interviews him he could ask him why he waited so long to come to the table, instead of answering all of his own questions and flying off on fatuous tangents.
Don't forget that the guy was oblivious to the fact there is already a team in Winnipeg. Yep, Pastor has hockey in his blood!

Old
04-04-2013, 03:25 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama19 View Post
I think Ed McMahon would be preferable to Number Six (i.e., Killion) showing up at your door!

knock knock....

What.... stain on my shirt?

Old
04-04-2013, 03:50 PM
Fugu
Administrator
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Move the Coyotes View Post
I like "put out to Pastor" as the best title but its the mods call.

I liked that one a lot too. There were several extremely good options, but there was an epidemic, even a plague, of sorts run amok here.

Old
04-04-2013, 04:02 PM
QcBlizzard
Regis-tered fan

Quote:

I have to admit, competition always brings better ideas...

To read tomorrow in the Tally Ho.

Be Seeing You

Old
04-04-2013, 04:22 PM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post
I liked that one a lot too. There were several extremely good options, but there was an epidemic, even a plague, of sorts run amok here.

Kinda like..... "I can name that thread title in......."

Old
04-04-2013, 04:27 PM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by halligan10 View Post
How serious can we take this new potential buyer M.Pastor?...Seriously he should of have contacted Jamison 6 weeks ago and benefit from a huge AMF from Glendale. But no he decided to wait so he could make it fair for everyone including the tax payers in Glendale. What a nice man!
Who's to say he didn't????

Seriously.... nobody really knows who Jamison had in his group...... And to be "BoH correct" for a moment...... if he ever had anyone?

I know I'm not taking Mr. Pastor any more seriously than any of the previous groups that wanted to buy the franchise. I sleep better.

Old
04-04-2013, 04:30 PM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post

knock knock....

What.... stain on my shirt?
Terminal case of bed-head.

Old
04-04-2013, 04:47 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
Terminal case of bed-head.
No time to stop & double comb the "do" for Fugu & the rest of the Mods. At least appear normal... not with you relentlessly chasing me down from location to location TL (thought that was you in the rearview). No time ta stahp for so much as a McHappy Meal. You guys are gonna get me Busted... and I really dont any help in that department.

Oh Lord... and yes, "Good Morning" to you to QCBlizzard. It aint morning here anymore but it is in Australia so I guess so... Be Seeing You.

Old
04-04-2013, 05:23 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
And yes, if Ed McMahon showed up at your door, best be sure you have Daryl's crossbow handy
... well, lets see now M4B. That'd be about a 35 minute drive, 2 hour Walk for Eddie from the freezers at the Alcor Life Extension Foundation at 7895 East Acoma in Scottsdale to 9400 West Maryland & thejob in Glendale. Ideal actually as he'd likely have not entirely thawed out by the time he made it to the refreshing indoor cool of a fully air conditioned facility. Likely very little spoilage beyond dropping a few fingers along the way in the 138 degree heat. Few shots of Botox, like my ex, forehead, ass, good to go.. oh... and good idea on that Daryl dealeo. Whatre ya thinkin, first 10,000 through the door next home game or what? Those Alice Cooper Bobbleheads went over like Gangbusters. People getting like $100+ on ebay for them as we speak. I like that in a Marketing Executive. Surpassing the customers expectations... really, we should get Alice in there on a regular basis.... But this, this Im really liking. Just get the manufacturer to put him in a Coyotes jersey. Get the actor in here as well. Norman Reedus. Personal appearance. Half crazy Irish... Boondock Saints...

Last edited by Killion: 04-04-2013 at 06:03 PM.
Old
04-04-2013, 07:33 PM
Llama19

vCash: 1100
Glendale taxpayers can hope and dream

"While many Glendale residents wait patiently as the city listens to another proposal by an investor willing to purchase the Phoenix Coyotes hockey team, there is still the matter of management of Jobing.com Arena.

Maybe part of the answer could lie within an independent audit for which the city has contracted. Is it possible there is a silver lining ready to circle those dark and dreary clouds in Glendale’s financial statement? Is it possible there is some black ink dotted throughout the red-lined city books?

One can hope, and one can dream. But, what one cannot do is conjure up money that is not there. Money that was taken from the utilities enterprise fund to pay the hockey league for arena management is gone."

Source: http://www.glendalestar.com/opinion/...a4bcf887a.html

Be seeing you!

P.S. The next thread, with all the Prisoner references, is awesome! Great job, kdb209!

Closed Thread