HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Bears/NFL Thread #17 - 2013 Offseason/Draft edition

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2013, 11:42 AM
Sarava

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
have a feeling Emery will make a pick that comes out of the left field with his 1st or 2nd pick of the draft like a QB or DE
If he picks a QB, he better have a contingency plan for how to deal with Cutler's whining or possible holdout. We saw how he acted in Denver when Josh McDaniels thought about bringing someone else in.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:58 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Cutler is much more mature than back then and he will get paid. Either from the Bears or as Free Agent being the only UFA QB thats good

Old
04-04-2013, 12:05 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Just tell him if he could stay on the field for a whole season, it wouldn't be a problem. We can't through good years down the toilet because we don't have a backup QB that can play.

Old
04-04-2013, 12:07 PM
xX Hot Fuss

QB wouldn't be a bad pick TBH. If Cutler has any smarts left from all of the concussions he's had in a Bears uniform, he'll run as far away from the Bears, their O-Line, and new OC every season, as he possibly can.

Old
04-04-2013, 12:08 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

vCash: 50
Take Tyler Bray in the 4th then.

Old
04-04-2013, 12:13 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
QB wouldn't be a bad pick TBH. If Cutler has any smarts left from all of the concussions he's had in a Bears uniform, he'll run as far away from the Bears, their O-Line, and new OC every season, as he possibly can.
Yeah, I don't see the guy holding up much longer unless there is a drastic improvement. He has to be thinking seriously about leaving as it is.

Old
04-04-2013, 12:26 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
have a feeling Emery will make a pick that comes out of the left field with his 1st or 2nd pick of the draft like a QB or DE
If Emery wastes a good pick on QB in one of the worst QB drafts in recent memory then he deserves to be fired

And if he selects another DE in 1st round the reality will be clear he is not cut out for NFL GM job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
If he picks a QB, he better have a contingency plan for how to deal with Cutler's whining or possible holdout. We saw how he acted in Denver when Josh McDaniels thought about bringing someone else in.
McDaniels lied about not trying to acquire Cassel and then when he admited it he told Cutler that in an ideal world he would not be his QB

That is why Cutler wanted out ,, Coach lied to him and then told him basically he wasn't his QB and would be replaced when chance comes

Old
04-04-2013, 12:46 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

vCash: 1868
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
Take Tyler Bray in the 4th then.
Like GOATie did in the mock draft

My Browns would be looking solid if I ran their draft

Old
04-04-2013, 01:50 PM
madgoat33

I'm praying this is cutler's last season in a bears uni unless he shows clear improvement.

Old
04-04-2013, 03:51 PM
RayP

Jason Hanson retired after 21 years, all with the Lions. Tweet mentioned something about a foot injury being the reason for his decision.

Old
04-04-2013, 04:18 PM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
They chased the RT in Minnesota and when they missed they took Bushrod. That money is spent. I don't think the Bears will add anyone until after the draft
This.

Technically speaking, we have 3 Tackles in the mix for one open position:

J'Marcus Webb
Gabe Carimi
Jonathan Scott

Now I do expect Webb to win the job, and I also think its possible that Carimi could be moved to Guard, but we shouldn't expect it. From all accounts Carimi played on one leg last season. He may be better than he showed last year. He may even beat out Webb for all we know. We may also end up drafting a solid starting Guard in the draft to pair with Slauson.

Carimi will play large in the O-Line situation in that he may be Guard, Tackle, or a starter at neither but a backup at both. I just don't know that we spend our small cap space on another RT when we already have 3 on the roster.

Old
04-04-2013, 04:20 PM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
I'm praying this is cutler's last season in a bears uni unless he shows clear improvement.
You don't need to pray. If he doesn't have a good season, this likely WILL be his last season as a Bear. Still, as a Bears fan, I'd hate to think you actually wish for that to happen. If he has a bad season, and we move on, we get to go back to the time-honored Chicago tradition of "which QB bust can we draft next" and always looking for a Franchise QB while other ones pop up all around us.

Best case scenario, Cutler plays well in the new system and he gets extended. I honestly believe that is what is going to happen. He's shown me enough for me to believe that with a good play caller / system and the proper weapons --- all of which we should have this year --- that he can produce. He has produced with a LOT LESS over the last 4 seasons. I have no reason to believe he won't play well.

Old
04-04-2013, 04:27 PM
Hawks82

I can't understand all the Cutler hate. He's been playing behind the worst OL in the NFL since he came to the Bears.

Old
04-04-2013, 04:30 PM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
If Emery wastes a good pick on QB in one of the worst QB drafts in recent memory then he deserves to be fired
While maybe a bit over-dramatic, this is essentially it. This is a TERRIBLE QB draft. If we spend a 1st rounder on a QB, then Emery has some serious drafting issues. Even a 2nd rounder is a bad call this year with all our needs.

I'd say spending a 4th/5th rounder would be fine, but this is such a shallow QB draft, I don't know that there are many beyond the first few that have any potential whatsoever.

We need to fill our other holes this year, and look for a backup/developmental QB next draft.

Old
04-04-2013, 04:31 PM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
McDaniels lied about not trying to acquire Cassel and then when he admited it he told Cutler that in an ideal world he would not be his QB

That is why Cutler wanted out ,, Coach lied to him and then told him basically he wasn't his QB and would be replaced when chance comes
Exactly. IMO Cutler was never in the wrong here. McDaniels acted like an idiot, and subsequently continued to run that team into the ground.

Old
04-04-2013, 04:57 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks82 View Post
I can't understand all the Cutler hate. He's been playing behind the worst OL in the NFL since he came to the Bears.
there's always been an excuse for him since he entered the league. he has the physical talent, but lacks any ability to consistently put it together and play at a high level. he's also about to be 30 now, i can't see him ever putting it together at this point nor can i see the bears ever winning a sb with him. I'd love for him to prove me wrong this year, but if he doesn't show real improvement, it would behoove the bears to head in a different direction.

also, the bears oline has been terrible, but other teams also have terrible o lines. ****, Rodgers hasn't had much of a line in gb and the ravens line was a mess most of last year.

Old
04-04-2013, 05:40 PM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
there's always been an excuse for him since he entered the league. he has the physical talent, but lacks any ability to consistently put it together and play at a high level. he's also about to be 30 now, i can't see him ever putting it together at this point nor can i see the bears ever winning a sb with him. I'd love for him to prove me wrong this year, but if he doesn't show real improvement, it would behoove the bears to head in a different direction.

also, the bears oline has been terrible, but other teams also have terrible o lines. ****, Rodgers hasn't had much of a line in gb and the ravens line was a mess most of last year.
I've seen some fans starting to take this stance with Cutler this year more than most. Part of gets it. However, while Cutler certainly has accountability for his play, they aren't so much "excuses" as valid reasons.

Rodgers had a bad O-Line, but it was pretty good the year he went to the Superbowl. Also Rodgers had a TON of receiving talent around him. Cutler had.....Marshall last year.

The Ravens O-Line was a mess a lot of last year, and their offense struggled because of it. However they played like an ELITE offensive line at the end of the season and the playoffs, so it isn't a valid comparison.

The facts are a bad offensive line IS a reason a QB will perform poorly. A lack of talented receivers is another. So is a pathetic offensive system (Tice).

Cutler has his faults. He needs to throw the ball away more, and he tries to force things in to areas he probably shouldn't. But I think he does this out of frustration because the team has been constantly struggling on so many levels. However, he has shown he can still play at a Pro-Bowl level even if his numbers haven't reflected it in our "run when we get off the bus / conservative" offense.

But this year the excuses should be less:

Marshall is a top-tier WR
Jeffrey can be expected to take a step forward as another good WR
Martellus Bennett should be a better TE than we have had since Des Clark
The O-Line SHOULD be better (we don't know this for sure yet)
The offensive system SHOULD be better (also don't know this).

While none of those things are certain, there's finally enough reason to believe the offense will take a step forward, and I have no doubt Cutler will do so as well. He's shown to much with too little for me to think otherwise.

Old
04-04-2013, 05:46 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootie View Post

You're a Browns fan?

Old
04-04-2013, 06:10 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootie View Post

My condolences.

Old
04-04-2013, 07:36 PM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
I'm fairly sure he found out they were shopping him and demanded a trade no?

Old
04-04-2013, 08:15 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
You're a Browns fan?
That's what I said.

Old
04-05-2013, 09:51 AM
RayP

STVN ✔ @StevieJohnson13

War is nothing to be played with. I apologize North Korea........but if y'all do bomb 1st... Bomb Foxboro, Mass. Sincerely,#BillsMafia

Old
04-05-2013, 09:54 AM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
STVN ✔ @StevieJohnson13

War is nothing to be played with. I apologize North Korea........but if y'all do bomb 1st... Bomb Foxboro, Mass. Sincerely,#BillsMafia
It's the only way the Bills could win there.

Old
04-05-2013, 09:56 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
STVN ✔ @StevieJohnson13

Old
04-05-2013, 10:38 AM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
STVN ✔ @StevieJohnson13

I know what he's doing by saying that, but that isn't really funny at all and is a really stupid thing to say. It's almost as bad as when he blamed the man above for dropping that GW TD.

Closed Thread