HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lets talk about Dave Bolland

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-03-2013, 09:21 PM
  #276
pvr
Kruger Line=2.5 Men
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
19/29 games this year Bolland has failed to register a pt

Just felt it needed to be updated
Marcus Kruger. 26/35 games this year he has failed to register a point. He has one assist in his last ten games, and no goals in his last 21 games.

I just felt it needed to be updated.

pvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 09:36 PM
  #277
Marotte Marauder
Registered User
 
Marotte Marauder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,728
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvr View Post
Marcus Kruger. 26/35 games this year he has failed to register a point. He has one assist in his last ten games, and no goals in his last 21 games.

I just felt it needed to be updated.
Also brutal...and that assist was a weak secondary assist IIRC. Kruger to Kane, Kane to Keith. Keith back to Kane for a snipe.

A brief flash (flicker?) of offense?

Marotte Marauder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 09:42 PM
  #278
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvr View Post
Marcus Kruger. 26/35 games this year he has failed to register a point. He has one assist in his last ten games, and no goals in his last 21 games.

I just felt it needed to be updated.
that's bad...

but kruger is on the 4 line w/ limited minutes. bolland is on the second line sucking up a lot more time (and dead air).

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:08 PM
  #279
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 111,169
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvr View Post
Marcus Kruger. 26/35 games this year he has failed to register a point. He has one assist in his last ten games, and no goals in his last 21 games.

I just felt it needed to be updated.
Kruger 4th line with Frolik/Mayers/Carcillo

Bolland 2nd line with Kane (Top 5 scorer in NHL) + Sharp

Interesting comparision

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:30 PM
  #280
SLarmer28
Registered User
 
SLarmer28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,102
vCash: 500
2012-13 NHL Season

Dave Bolland - 7 assists $3.375 million salary cap hit

Marcus Kruger - 8 assists $0.900 million salary cap hit

Someone on the Chicago Blackhawks roster needs to get their act together .... and fast!

SLarmer28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:37 AM
  #281
LandofLincoln
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
They should move bolland and our first to move up in the draft.
If it moved us up into the 4-7 range. I just don't think Bolland's trade value would get us that high. I'm thinking he still could be worth a late first round pick.

There are still some decent picks 7-12 range but I'd rather have two late first round picks then only one pick in that range.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 05:12 AM
  #282
pvr
Kruger Line=2.5 Men
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Kruger 4th line with Frolik/Mayers/Carcillo

Bolland 2nd line with Kane (Top 5 scorer in NHL) + Sharp

Interesting comparision
You missed my point.

pvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 08:05 AM
  #283
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
If it moved us up into the 4-7 range. I just don't think Bolland's trade value would get us that high. I'm thinking he still could be worth a late first round pick.

There are still some decent picks 7-12 range but I'd rather have two late first round picks then only one pick in that range.
I think if we combined him with our own first we could move 6-10. If we could move high enough I'd rather do the trade...the thing with picking late is that I think we'll end up with more of the general level of prospects we already have.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 08:36 AM
  #284
Marotte Marauder
Registered User
 
Marotte Marauder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,728
vCash: 500
Interesting that I have never heard a credible report of another team inquiring as to the availability and or cost of acquiring Bolland from the Hawks. Maybe he's overvalued in Chicago?

Marotte Marauder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 08:36 AM
  #285
Chelios
Registered User
 
Chelios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
Sure did, brutal. What did that have to do with Bolland?
He wasn't playing. Which is exactly what I said in the post you called me out on.

Chelios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 08:56 AM
  #286
Marotte Marauder
Registered User
 
Marotte Marauder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,728
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelios View Post
He wasn't playing. Which is exactly what I said in the post you called me out on.
And how'd they look before the 3rd period, also when Bolly wasn't playing?

Marotte Marauder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:37 AM
  #287
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,492
vCash: 500
I really hope that Bolland ends the season on a great scoring streak and ends up winning the Smythe....

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:38 AM
  #288
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
I really hope that Bolland ends the season on a great scoring streak and ends up winning the Smythe....
Me too, nothing like watching Bolland romp all over teams in the playoffs. They hate the guy, lol.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:52 AM
  #289
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,492
vCash: 500
I would want it just to see how some guys react that already throwing him under the bus

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 10:04 AM
  #290
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
I would want it just to see how some guys react that already throwing him under the bus
Don't expect much. Look at the people who suggest buying out or trading Hossa. They don't say anything about it when he is...well, playing, lol.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 10:24 AM
  #291
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Me too, nothing like watching Bolland romp all over teams in the playoffs. They hate the guy, lol.
You mean like the 0g, 3a effort in last year's playoffs?

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:00 AM
  #292
Marotte Marauder
Registered User
 
Marotte Marauder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,728
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
I would want it just to see how some guys react that already throwing him under the bus
I would celebrate w/Stanley like last time.

Marotte Marauder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:10 AM
  #293
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
You mean like the 0g, 3a effort in last year's playoffs?
He's proven his worth far beyond that. Had we made it to the second round, I'm sure he would have produced more. Bolland is a rock in the playoffs. 14G, 23A in 47 games while often playing on the third line and checking top lines, he is everything that is right about this team in the playoffs when they win. The players are simply not a concern for me at all, the key guys anyway. My concerns are Oduya, the bottom 6 continuing to contribute like they have in the regular season and the goalies.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:16 PM
  #294
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Don't expect much. Look at the people who suggest buying out or trading Hossa. They don't say anything about it when he is...well, playing, lol.
nobody starts talking about that, nobody brings it up. It only comes up when 1 guy creates a thread here. Much like it's with your Bowman hate... nobody talks about firing him until you start the new thread without any reason.


I still say we have to consider buying out Hossa after the 13-14 season. Nobody is saying buy him out, but Bowman would do the right thing keeping 1 of the 2 buyouts in case if we want to use it on Hossa in 1 1/2 years. Consider it, not do it.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:29 PM
  #295
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
nobody starts talking about that, nobody brings it up. It only comes up when 1 guy creates a thread here. Much like it's with your Bowman hate... nobody talks about firing him until you start the new thread without any reason.


I still say we have to consider buying out Hossa after the 13-14 season. Nobody is saying buy him out, but Bowman would do the right thing keeping 1 of the 2 buyouts in case if we want to use it on Hossa in 1 1/2 years. Consider it, not do it.
I agree with keeping it around for Hossa in case the injuries get way out of hand. That's smart. Otherwise, I am perfectly fine with keeping him, even if it hurts us down the road. The team is built to win now and Hossa is a huge part of that.

As for the Bowman hate, I only encounter opposition here. The majority of the people I talk to outside of here don't like the guy and don't understand at all why he will not improve the team, especially when every other team is improving. I guess they are all idiots too. The only place I see people pushing against so much is here. I tell them about some debates on here. I explain all your guys reasons and rationale and everything and all they can ask is: "Are they as knowledgeable about hockey as you because they seem like they don't know ****" And I tell them, no, they are pretty smart, a few really immature, but they just think the complete opposite about Bowman and will never budge on it no matter what happens. It's a difference of opinion and we will see how things turn out. Obviously I want us to win the Cup and forever take **** on here for wanting Bowman to improve the team. And believe me, I know I will and you know I'll stay and take it.


Last edited by digdug41982: 04-04-2013 at 12:35 PM.
digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:56 PM
  #296
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,492
vCash: 500
I don't see many guys praising him here... If he gets fired, I think most wouldn't care. he is average or slightly above average.

Firing him for not getting Roy or giving up high picks for Rentals we don't need? I wish I could tell you what I want in english, it would be much easier in german.
I play soccer and we have a hobby team. Unlike the real rules, we are allowed to change the players as much as we want and when we want. In that one game we were behind early and then got outplayed. After halftime we fighted back and tied the game. Problem was that we haven't changed the players much. Last 20 minutes was without substitutions. The guys on the field wanted the win and they were the guys to tie it. In the end it was there time to get it done.

I look back at that game as I look at why Bowman didn't do much. Our current roster put us in the POs and gives us a good chance to end up as #1 Team in the west or league wide. It's their acomplishment and they have done it together, as a group, as a team. Every player on the roster had his moment and they will work together and for each other. We added 1 player to the mix that already knows the City and Hawks and the coaches. This is a reason why I think we traded for Handzus over a guy like Gordon.

I don't think it was wise for the Pens to add 4 new players to their team that will get some PP time too while the current roster played all the games that made them #1 in the east.


Bowman will react if there is a need - in the offseason. More players will be available and it will be easier to get something done when we know what will happen with Bickell and Stalberg and if Crawford, the D and the Forwards played like they should in the POs.

Coming back to Bolland, Kane is his winger and has less defensiv responsibilties and he is the playmaker on that line. Getting Sharp back will be huge for the 2nd line.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 05:08 PM
  #297
Chelios
Registered User
 
Chelios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
And how'd they look before the 3rd period, also when Bolly wasn't playing?
No hair is too small to split for you when it comes to Bolland eh?

Chelios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 05:29 PM
  #298
rick hawk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
Interesting that I have never heard a credible report of another team inquiring as to the availability and or cost of acquiring Bolland from the Hawks. Maybe he's overvalued in Chicago?
What kind iof garbage is that?? I never heard of anyone asking about Toews either. By your arguement does that mean no one would want him???"

rick hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 06:24 PM
  #299
Marotte Marauder
Registered User
 
Marotte Marauder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,728
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick hawk View Post
What kind iof garbage is that?? I never heard of anyone asking about Toews either. By your arguement does that mean no one would want him???"
You may need to listen Mr. Bowman's comments more consistently and try to keep up.

Marotte Marauder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 06:37 PM
  #300
BobbyJet
Registered User
 
BobbyJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Dundas, Ontario. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I agree with keeping it around for Hossa in case the injuries get way out of hand. That's smart. Otherwise, I am perfectly fine with keeping him, even if it hurts us down the road. The team is built to win now and Hossa is a huge part of that.

As for the Bowman hate, I only encounter opposition here. The majority of the people I talk to outside of here don't like the guy and don't understand at all why he will not improve the team, especially when every other team is improving. I guess they are all idiots too. The only place I see people pushing against so much is here
. I tell them about some debates on here. I explain all your guys reasons and rationale and everything and all they can ask is: "Are they as knowledgeable about hockey as you because they seem like they don't know ****" And I tell them, no, they are pretty smart, a few really immature, but they just think the complete opposite about Bowman and will never budge on it no matter what happens. It's a difference of opinion and we will see how things turn out. Obviously I want us to win the Cup and forever take **** on here for wanting Bowman to improve the team. And believe me, I know I will and you know I'll stay and take it.
Not so sure about that. I keep hearing the commentators on TSN and Sportsnet state how great the Hawks are. Last I looked, TSN had Hawks as # 1 in their power ranking, so a lot of these guys must look mostly at our win/loss record and make the conclusion. We here are more critical because we scrutinize every period of every game and it is plain for some of us to see where Hawks are vulnerable and it is particularly perplexing to watch how they handle the physicality around our net, our lousy PP, and our tendency to fold in the 3rd period. Our goaltending is also a worry. The win/loss record shows none of that. Unfortunately that 24 game winning streak won't win us anything (except maybe home ice advantage) come the playoffs.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.