HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

All Encompassing Tortorella Thread Pt. II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-03-2013, 04:26 PM
  #801
haveandare
Registered User
 
haveandare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 11,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
And those of you questioning Averys creedance - here is to that. OK - now if Psycho Johnny continues coaching .500 hockey and keeps his job well then this is just great!
A struggling player who is counted on to put up points and has failed got into an argument with the coach because he was being given the minutes he deserved. That's proof that Torts is a clown and nobody wants to play for him like Avery said? I guess a non-clown coach who players want to play for would just keep letting Gabby float along on the top line without contributing a damn thing?

haveandare is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 04:33 PM
  #802
offdacrossbar
draft the BPA
 
offdacrossbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: da cuse
Country: Tuvalu
Posts: 12,735
vCash: 500
gaby is a soft euro finesse type guy.

torts is like a cactus stuck in gabys arse.

wasnt ever gonna work. surprised it did this long

eventually we will be a team of all 3rd liners and in the torts world, thats nirvana.

i cannot wait for the day he is shown the door.

offdacrossbar is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 04:34 PM
  #803
Riverdale
Registered User
 
Riverdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
gaby is a soft euro finesse type guy.

torts is like a cactus stuck in gabys arse.

wasnt ever gonna work. surprised it did this long

eventually we will be a team of all 3rd liners and in the torts world, thats nirvana.

i cannot wait for the day he is shown the door.
You'll be waiting a long long time

Riverdale is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 04:37 PM
  #804
offdacrossbar
draft the BPA
 
offdacrossbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: da cuse
Country: Tuvalu
Posts: 12,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
You'll be waiting a long long time
not so sure. this team is unwatchable many nights.

gaby was one of the few guys who could get you up outa your seat.

im not so sure the product torts is selling is good enough to keep peoples interest.

i see the torts noose tightening now.... hes on the clock.

offdacrossbar is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 04:42 PM
  #805
Riverdale
Registered User
 
Riverdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
not so sure. this team is unwatchable many nights.

gaby was one of the few guys who could get you up outa your seat.

im not so sure the product torts is selling is good enough to keep peoples interest.

i see the torts noose tightening now.... hes on the clock.
Funny, I don't see it that way. Sure, this team has been incredibly boring to watch but this deadline we have got a good handful of "Torts guys". Seems to me that Sather trusts Torts and is getting him players he would want.

We will see

Riverdale is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 04:44 PM
  #806
Blueshirt Special
Registered User
 
Blueshirt Special's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
gaby is a soft euro finesse type guy.

torts is like a cactus stuck in gabys arse.

wasnt ever gonna work. surprised it did this long

eventually we will be a team of all 3rd liners and in the torts world, thats nirvana.

i cannot wait for the day he is shown the door.
Nirvana is actually when the roster gets topped off with Marty & Vinny.

__________________
WIN NOW

"I just close my eyes and shoot."
Blueshirt Special is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 04:55 PM
  #807
offdacrossbar
draft the BPA
 
offdacrossbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: da cuse
Country: Tuvalu
Posts: 12,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
Funny, I don't see it that way. Sure, this team has been incredibly boring to watch but this deadline we have got a good handful of "Torts guys". Seems to me that Sather trusts Torts and is getting him players he would want.

We will see
these moves have torts fingerprints all over them. torts is convinced we need to just roll 4 3rd lines and win every game 2-1. slats delivered. afaic, this is the beginning of the end of the torts era.

lets not under sell the amount of input that rick nash had here as well. im sure he likes the return for the enigmatic gaborik. he surely knows these guys.

ok, so now lets go out and win some games playing torts hockey.

offdacrossbar is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 05:03 PM
  #808
js10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 644
vCash: 500
.. but there is an upside with Gaborik's trade!!

Tortelini has 3 more players to juggle!! (after they are healthy, of course!)

js10 is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 05:05 PM
  #809
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bialystok, Poland
Country: Iceland
Posts: 8,144
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
A struggling player who is counted on to put up points and has failed got into an argument with the coach because he was being given the minutes he deserved. That's proof that Torts is a clown and nobody wants to play for him like Avery said? I guess a non-clown coach who players want to play for would just keep letting Gabby float along on the top line without contributing a damn thing?
Lets look at this
Bucktooth Beaver Brad fits in your description to the bold part.
Our Vezina winner fits well into the red part
Totally agree with the purple part

BBKers is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 05:09 PM
  #810
3rdlineglory
Korsi Kevin
 
3rdlineglory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Mahopac, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 450
vCash: 500
I'm not a fan of Torts, but Gaborik went first for a reason. He had two 40+ goal seasons under Torts. It's not like he was some amazing player that sucked immediately under Torts in his first season with the Rangers. It clearly was on Gaborik that he hasn't played well this season (even though the injury is the most to blame imo.)

3rdlineglory is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 05:18 PM
  #811
haveandare
Registered User
 
haveandare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 11,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Lets look at this
Bucktooth Beaver Brad fits in your description to the bold part.
Our Vezina winner fits well into the red part
Totally agree with the purple part
I'd like an answer to the question. Do you think it's a bad coaching decision to move a first line player to the bottom 6 if they're not performing? Do you think that it was absolutely uncalled for that Gaborik was played on the third line and practiced with the fourth line considering his play?

I'm not happy about Richards continuing to get big minutes. I don't think anybody is. Why is it such a problem that Gaborik got his taken away? Those two are a huge part of the problem this year and they weren't earning their time. Richards' top 6 minutes should get taken away too until he starts playing like he deserves them.

haveandare is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 05:27 PM
  #812
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bialystok, Poland
Country: Iceland
Posts: 8,144
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
I'd like an answer to the question. Do you think it's a bad coaching decision to move a first line player to the bottom 6 if they're not performing? Do you think that it was absolutely uncalled for that Gaborik was played on the third line and practiced with the fourth line considering his play?

I'm not happy about Richards continuing to get big minutes. I don't think anybody is. Why is it such a problem that Gaborik got his taken away? Those two are a huge part of the problem this year and they weren't earning their time. Richards' top 6 minutes should get taken away too until he starts playing like he deserves them.
I did not question the decision to move Gaborik down the lineup. It was warranted. That has never been in question from my side. Yet I fail to see a consistent behaviour twds his BFF Richards.
I also however said there was discontent within the team that gave credibility to Averys tweets. And there was.
Now it is up to Johnny Boy to start piling up the wins. And fast. You apologists and fans of his non hockey philosophy better hope so too - because I hope you are diehard NYR fans and not just fans of this moronic caveman system he so randomly deploys. When they won - I could reluctantly live with it as I want the Rangers to win foremost. Now playing .500 hockey it becomes unbearable to watch. And the hypocrisy the gut emnates is simply putrid. But I also think it was a fluke last year. Hope I am wrong because I will gladly eat crow if they turn it around

BBKers is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 05:27 PM
  #813
Mikos87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 5,703
vCash: 500
BTW Gaborik changed his Twitter account to get out of the Ranger uni, looks like it was taken on the way to the airport. Lists himself as a RW for Columbus Blue Jackets.

Mikos87 is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 05:42 PM
  #814
Riverdale
Registered User
 
Riverdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
I'd like an answer to the question. Do you think it's a bad coaching decision to move a first line player to the bottom 6 if they're not performing? Do you think that it was absolutely uncalled for that Gaborik was played on the third line and practiced with the fourth line considering his play?

I'm not happy about Richards continuing to get big minutes. I don't think anybody is. Why is it such a problem that Gaborik got his taken away? Those two are a huge part of the problem this year and they weren't earning their time. Richards' top 6 minutes should get taken away too until he starts playing like he deserves them.
If you do this with Gaborik you have to do it with Richie to. Richards is Tortorella's golden boy so I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Gabby and Richards under performing is only one of the reasons why we aren't in a comfortable spot in the standings. Why is Richards getting a pass for being as bad or worse than Gaborik though? Richards has been flat out TERRIBLE. Gaborik has had a rough season but the past few games he has been getting better, without scoring.

You can't treat some players like garbage and others who aren't performing well.

Riverdale is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 05:44 PM
  #815
PMII
Shattendeuces
 
PMII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Playing video games
Country: United States
Posts: 65,492
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
If you do this with Gaborik you have to do it with Richie to. Richards is Tortorella's golden boy so I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Gabby and Richards under performing is only one of the reasons why we aren't in a comfortable spot in the standings. Why is Richards getting a pass for being as bad or worse than Gaborik though? Richards has been flat out TERRIBLE. Gaborik has had a rough season but the past few games he has been getting better, without scoring.

You can't treat some players like garbage and others who aren't performing well.
The Rangers didn't have the center depth to do that with Richards. Gaborik was on the RW, where we have Callahan and Nash.

__________________
PMII is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 05:44 PM
  #816
PMII
Shattendeuces
 
PMII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Playing video games
Country: United States
Posts: 65,492
vCash: 50
Marian Gaborik @MGaborik10
Wanted to thank Rangers,my teammates and great fans in NY for almost 4years in NYC. Had an awesome time.. New challenge ahead of me in CBJ!

PMII is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 05:47 PM
  #817
Riverdale
Registered User
 
Riverdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
The Rangers didn't have the center depth to do that with Richards. Gaborik was on the RW, where we have Callahan and Nash.
Fair enough. But I get the impression that Richards didn't have the pressure from Torts that Gaborik had. Of course, we don't know for sure. I agree with moving a player down or benching him (within reason) if he isn't performing, but if you do it to one you need to show the other ones who aren't performing well the same attitude, in whatever way.

Riverdale is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 05:58 PM
  #818
robwrx04
Registered User
 
robwrx04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 231
vCash: 500
I am a fan of Torts. But if he can't produce with this team now, my view of him will change.

robwrx04 is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 05:59 PM
  #819
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bialystok, Poland
Country: Iceland
Posts: 8,144
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
The Rangers didn't have the center depth to do that with Richards. Gaborik was on the RW, where we have Callahan and Nash.
That can be debated
And all the PP time Broadway Brad has gotten sure has given desired effect - no?

BBKers is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 06:00 PM
  #820
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bialystok, Poland
Country: Iceland
Posts: 8,144
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by robwrx04 View Post
I am a fan of Torts. But if he can't produce with this team now, my view of him will change.
I am a NYR fan.
And one of the most outspoken critics to Psycho John you might find
But of Torts manages to get this team in order - which I think is a long shot at best - I will gladly eat all the crow you can find - with JAM of course...

BBKers is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 09:10 PM
  #821
haveandare
Registered User
 
haveandare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 11,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
I did not question the decision to move Gaborik down the lineup. It was warranted. That has never been in question from my side. Yet I fail to see a consistent behaviour twds his BFF Richards.
I also however said there was discontent within the team that gave credibility to Averys tweets. And there was.
Now it is up to Johnny Boy to start piling up the wins. And fast. You apologists and fans of his non hockey philosophy better hope so too - because I hope you are diehard NYR fans and not just fans of this moronic caveman system he so randomly deploys. When they won - I could reluctantly live with it as I want the Rangers to win foremost. Now playing .500 hockey it becomes unbearable to watch. And the hypocrisy the gut emnates is simply putrid. But I also think it was a fluke last year. Hope I am wrong because I will gladly eat crow if they turn it around
Richards plays a position we have far less depth at. We have 1 top 6 C and easily 2 top 6 RW. But, like I said, if it were up to me, Richards would get the same treatment. I disagree with Torts on that, but I can disagree with him in some regards without damning his every decision and blaming him for every shortcoming of the team.

I'm an apologist by definition in that I'm defending a controversial figure in some cases, particularly in this case of his treatment of Gaborik. That's not necessarily a negative thing, I don't get why people throw that term around like it's some insult.

Of course I'm a fan of NYR, you can be a fan of the team and disagree that the coach is useless idiot. The negative dogma about the guy has gotten to straight up ridiculous levels and this is a perfect example - if I agree with him in some regards my fandom is suspect. That's garbage.

haveandare is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 05:14 PM
  #822
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Da Big Apple
Country: United States
Posts: 13,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
I did not question the decision to move Gaborik down the lineup. It was warranted. That has never been in question from my side. Yet I fail to see a consistent behaviour twds his BFF Richards.
I also however said there was discontent within the team that gave credibility to Averys tweets. And there was.
Now it is up to Johnny Boy to start piling up the wins. And fast. You apologists and fans of his non hockey philosophy better hope so too - because I hope you are diehard NYR fans and not just fans of this moronic caveman system he so randomly deploys. When they won - I could reluctantly live with it as I want the Rangers to win foremost. Now playing .500 hockey it becomes unbearable to watch. And the hypocrisy the gut emnates is simply putrid. But I also think it was a fluke last year. Hope I am wrong because I will gladly eat crow if they turn it around
This ^, and let us remember, that getting more breaks than not, even though we advanced deep last year, we were too beat up and too exhausted to finish the job. That's honest reality.

Now, if you could say that was because of lack of conditioning or something, that would be one thing. Rangers were in excellent condition last year. So if it is not the physical condition(ing) of the players, what is to blame for that result? Answer: the Torts system.

This is on top of the fact that there is too much excessive shot blocking = too much injury. Guys play, even if they play hurt = they play subpar.

We need a better system.
The old Rangers, Ratelle, Park, Giacomin, Villemure, etc were a joy to watch, and were more than competitive most nights. Woulda won coupla cups if not for Orr.

Rangers have world class netminder. Solid top 4 d. varying degrees of ability on F. Need a more aggressive offense based system, keeps puck out of our end, in opposition zone more, rely on individual excellence of Staal/Hank etc, to cover those percentage gambles. Keep up the pressure. Till opposition cracks.

bernmeister is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 05:17 PM
  #823
Riverdale
Registered User
 
Riverdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,895
vCash: 500
Torts needs to trust his players more, and just let them go out and play.

Riverdale is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 05:47 PM
  #824
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 18,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
Torts needs to trust his players more, and just let them go out and play.
Let me ask you a question, did you have a problem with Torts' system last night?

Or maybe, just maybe, the results were due to having players that fit better?

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 05:55 PM
  #825
robwrx04
Registered User
 
robwrx04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Let me ask you a question, did you have a problem with Torts' system last night?

Or maybe, just maybe, the results were due to having players that fit better?
I know you're not asking me this question, but define Torts system. Torts lines or Torts coaching?

robwrx04 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.