Apr 6, 2013 7:00 pm Hamilton at Texas
Apr 7, 2013 3:30 pm Texas at San Antonio
Apr 11, 2013 6:00 pm Texas at Charlotte
Apr 12, 2013 6:00 pm Texas at Charlotte
Apr 14, 2013 3:30 pm Texas at San Antonio
Apr 16, 2013 7:00 pm Texas at San Antonio
Apr 19, 2013 7:30 pm Houston at Texas
Apr 20, 2013 7:00 pm Rockford at Texas

Last edited by Stars99Lobo37: 05-18-2014 at 10:53 PM.
Old
04-04-2013, 05:45 PM
Shady12
12-13 FGotG Champion

vCash: 500
Regarding player heights(and weights for that matter) who knows. I've seen quite a few Stars listed at different weights at different times, and different in the AHL than NHL. Seems not to be any official listings as in most sports.

I believe B Morrow grew and inch during his career if you go by the listings.

Loui shrunk an inch last year.

Fraser I always see as 6'2" except when on the Dallas roster where he shrinks to 6'1."

Chiasson is sometimes 6'3" and sometimes 6'4"..and his weight fluctuates by about 20 pounds.

Campbell I've seen listed at both 6'2" and 6'3" this year.

Many more examples.

Old
04-04-2013, 05:58 PM
Pohlow

From last post:

Are there any streams for Texas Stars game? Never seen one, and I want to bandwagon them (is it still considered bandwagoning if they are D Stars affiliate?) for the rest of the season.

Old
04-04-2013, 06:12 PM
FrailSwan
A-B-We Stole Your C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady12 View Post
Regarding player heights(and weights for that matter) who knows. I've seen quite a few Stars listed at different weights at different times, and different in the AHL than NHL. Seems not to be any official listings as in most sports.

I believe B Morrow grew and inch during his career if you go by the listings.

Loui shrunk an inch last year.

Fraser I always see as 6'2" except when on the Dallas roster where he shrinks to 6'1."

Chiasson is sometimes 6'3" and sometimes 6'4"..and his weight fluctuates by about 20 pounds.

Campbell I've seen listed at both 6'2" and 6'3" this year.

Many more examples.
FSSW labels Reilly Smith at 158 lbs. There's no consistency with these measurements and it's annoying.

Old
04-04-2013, 09:23 PM
Bluesoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pohlow View Post
From last post:

Are there any streams for Texas Stars game? Never seen one, and I want to bandwagon them (is it still considered bandwagoning if they are D Stars affiliate?) for the rest of the season.
You can order games and watch online at theahl.com. It's like 7 dollars per game.

Old
04-04-2013, 09:47 PM
Elysian
@AdamBath

vCash: 5355
Or get Hockeystreams then you can stream a lot more than AHL and NHL.

Old
04-05-2013, 12:23 PM
Bluesoma

Baldwin back to Idaho.

WE'RE DOWN TO 11 DEFENSEMEN!!! PANIC!!!

Old
04-05-2013, 12:31 PM
BigG44

vCash: 475
Glad to see William Wrenn signed a standard contract with Texas. I hope he's signing an ELC soon.

Old
04-05-2013, 12:33 PM
Bluesoma

Yeah, Wrenn has been having a good season with Texas. Not sure he's ready for an ELC though, maybe another year will be good for him especially once the glut of defensemen go up to Dallas.

Old
04-05-2013, 07:34 PM
BigG44

Game on next, baby!!!

They are playing 7 D. The starting pair is Connauton and Gaunce. Commodore is also making his debut. The other 4 are Oleksiak, Morrow, Benn, and Fortunus.

Old
04-05-2013, 07:51 PM
Pohlow

Ritchie and Commodore score in their debuts

Old
04-05-2013, 08:08 PM
MB94
@MBFarina94

Ritchie!! Only took him 2 minutes to get his first pro goal! Amazing

Old
04-05-2013, 08:38 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

vCash: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB Stars View Post
Ritchie!! Only took him 2 minutes to get his first pro goal! Amazing
Kid's a beast.

Old
04-05-2013, 09:57 PM
Alistar

Well they found a way to throw this one away in the 3rd period.

The Stars really seem to struggle with OKC - they must have only won 1 or 2 out of 10 games this year. Now granted most of that was with the Oiler's top young players at the start of the year, but the losing has continued past the start of the NHL season as well. Hopefully they don't meet in the playoffs...

Old
04-06-2013, 01:20 PM
haf

Got to See the Kids Last Night in Austin

Here are my impressions for what it's worth.

Joe Morrow
Retrieved the puck well. Awkward body positioning along the boards but often came away with the puck. Carried the puck on the rush like a center but would often get to space and look unsure of what to do with the puck. Had one play where he looked like a carbon copy of goose, skated into trouble and threw the puck at a covered teammate and created an odd man rush the other way. Looks like he has a lot of good tools but needs some refinement to his game. Good skater and puck skills. Pretty much as advertised.

Kevin Connauton
Was pressing a little bit. Looked like he really wanted to make a good impression and show off his shot. Settled down in the third. Played heavier than the 185 he is listed at and was pretty scrappy in front of his net and the corners but still got outmuscled some. Good skater and great poke check. Looked a little lost positionally at times, when to activate, gaps on rushes, when to chase up the boards and when to retreat to slot, but it was his first game with us and these things can be coached. Pretty good skater.

Not a great performance but better than I thought he would be. Could be a good 4-6 power play guy.

Cameron Gaunce
A surprise. Was exceptional positionally, often beating opposing forwards to the spot they were going to be at. Broke up a ton of passes and really saw passing lanes. Smooth going to the boards on dump-ins and retrieving the puck or at least boxing the forward out. Activated smoothly and rotated low once or twice smoothly with forwards. Had a good crisp low wrist-shot that hit the net. He might be one of those guys that look great at AHL but doesn't translate well to the NHL (ala Fortunus) but could definitely be a dependable, plus bottom pairing guy. He was much smoother and complete than I expected after what I read. A last thing I really liked: he often called out instructions to forwards for who to take and where to be. Calmly and with assurance. Really seemed strong and dependable out there. So yeah. A pleasant surprise.

Brett Ritchie
Definitely a man out there. Had a couple of nice bull rushes against big defenseman and just pushed his way in. Found pucks and rebounds around the net and managed to get shots off, the shots were often to the corners and often with defenseman draped all over him. Had problems receiving passes when skating at speed and didn't have a good shot from distance. Hands were great around the net but not good in space. Disappeared for stretches. All that aside he definitely looks like the real deal. Needs a little time but will be a top-6 player for sure.

Nemeth didn't play sadly. Scratched to make room for all of the kids. Mike Commodore had a really nice wrist shot goal from the high slot which I can barely type with a straight face.

Reilly Smith was the best player on the ice but just tried to do it himself. Really didn't trust his teammates.

That's some first game observations. For whatever they are worth.

Old
04-06-2013, 01:26 PM
haf

Forgot Campbell

Looked EXACTLY like Turco. Too much scramble. Good puck handler. A couple of exceptional saves. Last minute softy to lose. I couldn't tell if he had bad rebound control or if he was directing rebounds consciously, almost like passes. They always seemed to work out for him so it seemed beyond coincidence. But yeah. Hello Turco pt 2.

Old
04-06-2013, 07:03 PM
BigG44

Way to go Dallas.

Oleksiak and Morrow are healthy scratches along with Commodore, Sneep, and Nemeth.

Dressed D tonight are Sloan, Fortunus, Benn, Wrenn, Connauton, and Gaunce.

Good job you morons. Way to handle the logjam at D. I'm really glad UFA's Sloan, Fortunus, and Benn are key to Dallas' future. As much as I like Wrenn ... he really needs development time over Oleksiak and Morrow. Excellent job of not doing more to handle this problem on Wednesday ...well in fact making it worse by making Jordie Benn playoff eligible for no good damn reason.

Old
04-06-2013, 07:14 PM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Way to go Dallas.

Oleksiak and Morrow are healthy scratches along with Commodore, Sneep, and Nemeth.

Good job you morons. Way to handle the logjam at D. I'm really glad UFA's Sloan, Fortunus, and Benn are key to Dallas' future. As much as I like Wrenn ... he really needs development time over Oleksiak and Morrow. Excellent job of not doing more to handle this problem on Wednesday ...well in fact making it worse by making Jordie Benn playoff eligible for no good damn reason.
what in the hell

Old
04-06-2013, 07:26 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Way to go Dallas.

Old
04-06-2013, 07:26 PM
Brand New Stars

I hate this organization.

Old
04-06-2013, 07:38 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

vCash: 746
Could it be due to the B2B? Seems .like they're putting in the guys who are fresh and probably doing try outs for the playoff roster.

Old
04-06-2013, 07:40 PM
Bluesoma

Some of the guys here said Oleksiak took a bad fall last night. And maybe the b2b2b.

Also weird that Hamiltons goalie doesn't want his crease cleaned.

Old
04-06-2013, 07:41 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGodAOD View Post
Could it be due to the B2B?
Most of these guys have been playing 3 in 3's since they were 15 years old. It's part of junior hockey, and it's part of the ECHL and AHL.

Texas has already played several 3 in 3's where the best players never sat.

This is because of Dallas' dumb decision to not address the log jam, and then decided to make it worse by making Benn AHL playoff eligible for no reason.

It's just annoying honestly. It amazes me a scrub like Sloan is playing and two of their best D are in the press box. There's no way good solution to fix this problem now that the trade deadline in the NHL is past.

Best case scenario is some other AHL team will take Sloan and Sneep on loan by next Wednesday .... the AHL deadline. Hopefully they'll release Commodore soon. There wouldn't be an issue if Benn was never sent down though .... They could have gone with this in the playoffs:

Nemeth-Oleksiak
Morrow-Fortunus
Connauton-Gaunce

Old
04-06-2013, 07:42 PM
Bluesoma

Also its the worst team in the AHL and Texas basically has the playoff spot clinched. Why not rest him and gibe the new guys some time.

Old
04-06-2013, 07:45 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

vCash: 558
They're just resting 'em BigG!

Closed Thread