Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Moncton Wildcats

Closed Thread

Old
07-03-2006, 03:54 AM
Alpine

vCash: 500
Moncton Wildcats

Wildcats have announced that they'll play two pre-season games against IHK Helsinki U-2O team in August at the Tim Horton's 4-Ice Centre and are trying to help IHK set up two more pre-season games. Also Marquardt will travel to Helsinki to train with IHK for a few weeks in July.
Danny Flynn has made these announcements as "Associate Coach"
We're now into July why is Flynn still giving press releases. Is he staying ...please, hopefully
Also Pepin and Strait are listed on the training camp roster?
Randy Cameron will surprise alot of folk this year.

Last edited by Alpine: 07-03-2006 at 04:22 AM.
Old
07-03-2006, 11:20 AM
plaugher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
Also Pepin and Strait are listed on the training camp roster?
The "training camp roster", as far as I know, is actually the 55-man protected list. Not all on that list will show up. In someone like Pepin's case, he's protected so that he doesn't end up getting claimed for nothing by a team like Quebec.

Old
07-05-2006, 08:56 AM
Alpine

Torchetti tours the Coliseum and Cats facilities before interviewing for the vacant Wildcats coaching job? Paraphrased from this AM's Times & Transcript.
Now what the hell is a former NHL coach and assistant coach gonna see in a 30+ year old basic, basic arena that's gonna impress him. What the flying .......is Neil Hodge talking about here? It's an old rink that's been fairly well maintained for it's age but c'mon it's still pretty basic.

Old
07-05-2006, 10:48 PM
Big Daddy

Wow, Torchetti is interviewing for the Moncton job. He was ran out of LA pretty quick after getting tapped for that thankless job at the end of last season.

BTW, how is Moncton this upcoming season? Is it a complete re-build or is there a solid core to build around? Thanks in advance.

Old
07-20-2006, 06:08 AM
Alpine

John Torchetti it will be, Neil Hodge says so, press conference tomorrow. I would guess Director of Hockey Operations as well since GM Bill Schurman is more of a businessman rather than a hockey guy. Wonder who the assistants will be? Need at least one guy who speaks French, me thinks.
Rick Dudley provided some quotes in the article praising Torchetti. I wonder if he'll push Pepin?

Old
08-09-2006, 07:51 AM
Alpine

For those who don't get the Times&Transcript.
Tony Martino was named associate coach. He coached Italian League team Asiago Hockey AS last season and was named head coach of Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees of the CHL (Central [ Pro] League) in May. He has ties with Torchetti from the minor pro leagues.
http://www.canadaeast.com/ce/wildcat...rticleID=30667
So one more assistant yet to be named.
Nothing confirmed but from the widely rumoured mill. Pianosi will not be attending a US Prep school but has agreed to suit up with the 'Cats and Sill either has had his U Maine scholarship revoked or decided to attend the 'Cats training camp.
But camp opens next week so we'll all see who's there and who isn't
EDIT:
I'm also really leary of the 9 or 10 FA's signed from OHA ( mostly ) Jr A, B,and C. leagues. If the OHL passed them up? Oh well maybe one or two diamonds in the rough

Last edited by Alpine: 08-09-2006 at 11:21 AM.
Old
08-10-2006, 10:50 AM
Chootoi

Quote:
I'm also really leary of the 9 or 10 FA's signed from OHA ( mostly ) Jr A, B,and C. leagues. If the OHL passed them up? Oh well maybe one or two diamonds in the rough
marquardt worked out nicely...he's not a star but he's a solid serviceable player

Old
08-10-2006, 02:51 PM
derbyfan

USHL teams won 2 of 3 games against Finland IFK junior team last year in the Buc Bowl - it will be interesting to see how this team stacks up against a CHL squad...

Old
08-12-2006, 07:58 AM
Alpine

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbyfan View Post
USHL teams won 2 of 3 games against Finland IFK junior team last year in the Buc Bowl - it will be interesting to see how this team stacks up against a CHL squad...
Hey, you're right they are IFK Helsinki, I called them IHK......OOOOPS.
Well IFK Helsinki have 3 games in New Brunswick. 1 against Moncton Wildcats (QMJHL Champions) at the Tim Hortons 4-Ice Centre ( we should call the rink the "Double-Double" ) in Moncton. 1 against the Saint John Sea Dogs (QMJHL) at Harbour Station in Saint John. The last against Woodstock Slammers (MJAHL Champions) at the Carleton Civic Centre in Woodstock.
All teams will be in training camp so who knows what to take from the games except enjoyment?

Last edited by Alpine: 08-12-2006 at 08:06 AM.
Old
08-12-2006, 09:08 AM
derbyfan

Quote:
Hey, you're right they are IFK Helsinki, I called them IHK......OOOOPS.
Well IFK Helsinki have 3 games in New Brunswick. 1 against Moncton Wildcats (QMJHL Champions) at the Tim Hortons 4-Ice Centre ( we should call the rink the "Double-Double" ) in Moncton. 1 against the Saint John Sea Dogs (QMJHL) at Harbour Station in Saint John. The last against Woodstock Slammers (MJAHL Champions) at the Carleton Civic Centre in Woodstock.
All teams will be in training camp so who knows what to take from the games except enjoyment?
I wonder if that's the same team? On the USHL website they are listed as Finland IFK, so would IFK Helsinki be the same team?
Are you going to check out the games Alpine? Should be fun.
I really wish CHL teams would play more competition from other leagues in exhibition play, but I guess they have more to lose than to gain (although I'm guessing the Q teams will be playing tons of rookies and hopefuls rather than a full regular season roster).

Old
08-12-2006, 09:51 AM
Alpine

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbyfan View Post
I wonder if that's the same team? On the USHL website they are listed as Finland IFK, so would IFK Helsinki be the same team?
Are you going to check out the games Alpine? Should be fun.
I really wish CHL teams would play more competition from other leagues in exhibition play, but I guess they have more to lose than to gain (although I'm guessing the Q teams will be playing tons of rookies and hopefuls rather than a full regular season roster).
Dunno if that's the same IFK? I'm inclined to think so though?
I'll get to the game in Moncton and am thinking hard on the Woodstock game.....but a 3 hour drive and then back for exhibition hockey...ahhh?
But the games in Moncton on the 23rd and and 30th against MAINEiacs and Sea Dogs are a must. Think I'll wear a T-shirt and hat that Alpine Lager gave away all summer so I can meet folk

Old
08-12-2006, 04:25 PM
Quyntar

If you look for info on the Helsinki team it's actually under hifk helsinki...

As for the games in moncton there are 2
sunday august 27 & saturday september 2nd

Old
08-21-2006, 03:47 AM
Alpine

Sebastien LaPlante is the other assistant coach also with ties to Torchetti from minor-pros. Should I be concerned that the entire coaching staff is from minor-pros and has no experience in junior ranks. Afterall these are kids not pros in Moncton.
Bad rumour, Sill is not at training camp. I guess he'll be with the Maine Black Bears afterall, unless someone knows something different.
Still no trades and 7 over agers and guys not re-assigned from NHL camps.....ahhhh......so many questions.
But I can get to the Wed game vs MAINEiacs and Sunday's 1st of 2 games against IFK Helsinki the other Sept 2nd. Hockey's back wowzers.

Closed Thread