Closed Thread

Old
03-29-2013, 05:03 PM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny Crockett View Post
Way out of character for Young but stranger things have happened to this team this year.
You have to understand I'm not saying that is what the situation actually was. That's just what my brother told me. That could be completely wrong as bcspirit said. I tend to think that bcspirit's theory is more likely. Although in all reality, I just don't know.

Old
03-29-2013, 05:14 PM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonKnightsman View Post
That Trafford kid will have some game if they let him develop more.
Yeah, he has always been a great PK guy and has plenty of speed. It has always been a matter of putting that speed to good use though. The first couple years we would just try to stick handle by guys or he would lose the puck very easily in general. This year however, he started to put that speed to good use. I actually think he is ready for a breakout season next year. Him Moutrey, and Bratina could work very well as a second line. Grit and physicality with Moutrey, speed from Trafford, and puck handling and vision from Bratina.

Actually that leads me to another point. Bratina and Trafford could really feed off each other next year. I think Trafford could really flourish if you give him a good puck handler on his line. Just look to Trafford's most productive protion of the season. It was when he was playing on the same line as Trocheck for a small period of time. Bratina is a great skater and puck handler for a 16 yr old and could really benifit from having a speedster like Trafford on his line. The both of them could really grow next year if they are on the same line.

Old
03-29-2013, 07:31 PM
WhalerBlue

Bratina has the potential to become maybe the greatest ever Spirit player. He has bunches of skill, but was going to be a scratch for the better part of the 2nd half. I liked him, but who can argue the result on our end? Bratina will be a big part of Spirit hockey going forward.

Old
03-30-2013, 11:39 PM
Sonny Crockett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpin794 View Post
You have to understand I'm not saying that is what the situation actually was. That's just what my brother told me. That could be completely wrong as bcspirit said. I tend to think that bcspirit's theory is more likely. Although in all reality, I just don't know.
It was disciplinary

Old
04-04-2013, 04:17 PM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

"The focus we have is that our back end has to get better, whether that’s partially through the draft or partially through trades. We’ll do what we need to to get better in that area. We’ve got an elite goaltender and we need to give him some help."

That is a quote from Jim Paliafito from this article: http://www.mlive.com/spirit/index.ss...to_add_fu.html

I love it. That is the kind of mentallity he should have this offseason. Except for Young, Strong, Prophet, and maybe Ringuette, the rest of the D needs to go. We have guys from last year's draft and this year that we can bring in and we have lots of extras picks over the next few years to get one BIG deal done over the summer.

Make it happen Jim!

Old
04-04-2013, 07:40 PM
hockeyohl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpin794 View Post
"The focus we have is that our back end has to get better, whether that’s partially through the draft or partially through trades. We’ll do what we need to to get better in that area. We’ve got an elite goaltender and we need to give him some help."

That is a quote from Jim Paliafito from this article: http://www.mlive.com/spirit/index.ss...to_add_fu.html

I love it. That is the kind of mentallity he should have this offseason. Except for Young, Strong, Prophet, and maybe Ringuette, the rest of the D needs to go. We have guys from last year's draft and this year that we can bring in and we have lots of extras picks over the next few years to get one BIG deal done over the summer.

Make it happen Jim!
Kingpin, here's my take...
1) Young was a -14 in his last 12 games, but he finished a +19 regular season and a -1 in playoffs. Playing time average reg season 22min with a high of 31mins . Good offensive defenseman. May be gone like SC said, but I would keep him
2)Strong was +15 reg season, -9 playoffs. Reg season playing time average 21 with a high of 30mins. Adds good physical component. I heard he may not be back next season, but hope he is.
3) Ringuette was a -5 in the reg., +1 playoff season. reg season playing time average 17min with a high of 27mins. Got better over season, our most improved D. Would keep him.
4)Prophet reg season +5, -6 playoffs. Reg season playing time average 18 with a high of 23. Has all the tools to be very good next year. Keep him.
5)Glass was +8 reg season,-3 playoffs. Reg season playing time average 19mins with a high of 30mins. Needs to get stronger, but plays good position as stay at home D and does not make as many defensive mistakes as some other D. Would keep him
6)Webermin was +2 reg season,-3playoffs. playing time average 17 with a high of 28. Has had several injuries,he is a good D man, Would keep him.
7)Subban was reg season-3 ,playing time average was 10min with a high of 17. Tried hard -tough name to live up to. Would trade
8)Lopez was drafted knowing he was a forward, but tryed to change him to a D. Would need more ice time to develop, so I would trade him to give him a chance to play he could be a good forward
We do need some back end help, but I think we have a good core now to build from. As we saw last year we need to have at least 8 D and that means that the Spirit needs to find a couple of good ones for next year. I hope we have a good draft.

Last edited by hockeyohl: 04-04-2013 at 08:59 PM.
Closed Thread