Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2013, 06:36 PM
Minnesota
L'étoile du Nord

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
Yep, and Jarmo Kekäläinen has a special knack for finding talent.
I wonder if he'll lean towards Europeans with his picks.

Honestly, I'd like to see Columbus build a decent team if we're going to be playing in their division.

Old
03-05-2013, 06:40 PM
Generic User
Dynamic as they come

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post

Honestly, I'd like to see Columbus build a decent team if we're going to be playing in their division.
And their fans aren't a bunch of d-bags. That alone justifies my desire for them to have a good team. It's a rare trait for a fanbase on HF.

Old
03-05-2013, 06:43 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
I highly doubt it. He was/is largely responsible for the current St. Louis squad, remember?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
And their fans aren't a bunch of d-bags. That alone justifies my desire for them to have a good team. It's a rare trait for a fanbase on HF.
Yep, they're a good bunch.

03-05-2013, 06:46 PM
Minnesota
L'étoile du Nord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
They hate us, though.

We're the NHL's favorite millennial expansion team. They're the forgotten child forced to live under the staircase subsisting on scraps of stale bread; quietly they wait, plotting their revenge.

Old
03-05-2013, 06:50 PM
Minnesota
L'étoile du Nord

Quote:
I highly doubt it. He was/is largely responsible for the current St. Louis squad, remember?
Yep, but he was also part of Ottawa's front office and was partially responsible for drafting Marian Hossa and Martin Havlat. With St. Louis, Tarasenko's looking like an excellent pick also.

I know he doesn't shy away from North Americans (Pietrangelo, Backes, Oshie), but I'm sure he still has strong European connections.

Old
03-07-2013, 10:53 PM
keppel146
We love Bacon

rambling here: domi, lazar, zykov, morrissey, pulock, gauthier. I want one, just get me to june

Old
03-08-2013, 02:12 AM
elnewby
We got em'!

vCash: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by keppel146 View Post
rambling here: domi, lazar, zykov, morrissey, pulock, gauthier. I want one, just get me to june
Pulock, please and thank you.

Old
03-08-2013, 09:03 AM
forthewild

Robert Hagg or Tammy Vannelli are the two guys I wouldn't mind in the first round.

Old
03-23-2013, 03:56 PM
tyratoku

vCash: 710
So the top-5 for the draft right now is:

1. Florida
2. Colorado
3. Calgary
4. Tampa Bay
5. Philadelphia

With Buffalo, the Islanders, and Edmonton right there with them.

Florida is obviously going to choose MacKinnon. Colorado choosing Seth Jones would be just too perfect. Calgary will likely take Drouin. Tampa Bay kind of throws it out of whack. They need defensive help, as does Philadelphia. And Buffalo. Islanders just need help everywhere, and throw Edmonton in as another team that needs defensive help.

Are there that many top-10 potential defenders that could be chosen? From what I've seen, most of the top 10 is likely to be forwards. Who do you guys think some of these teams will take?

Old
03-23-2013, 04:14 PM
Gaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
So the top-5 for the draft right now is:

1. Florida
2. Colorado
3. Calgary
4. Tampa Bay
5. Philadelphia

With Buffalo, the Islanders, and Edmonton right there with them.

Florida is obviously going to choose MacKinnon. Colorado choosing Seth Jones would be just too perfect. Calgary will likely take Drouin. Tampa Bay kind of throws it out of whack. They need defensive help, as does Philadelphia. And Buffalo. Islanders just need help everywhere, and throw Edmonton in as another team that needs defensive help.

Are there that many top-10 potential defenders that could be chosen? From what I've seen, most of the top 10 is likely to be forwards. Who do you guys think some of these teams will take?
I think most teams will go for BPA that early. Some of them will take a dman, although I see most of the top 10 being forwards, like you say. Philly could take Barkov at #5, but they'll probably go for a dman like Nurse if they prioritize based on positional need. Could go either way. Right now I think that out of the top 10, only 2-3 will be defencemen and one of them is Seth Jones.

Old
03-26-2013, 02:01 PM
keppel146
We love Bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
Robert Hagg or Tammy Vannelli are the two guys I wouldn't mind in the first round.
Ian McCoshen? how about that for a first rounder?

Old
04-04-2013, 12:46 PM
Podgornik

Grant Besse

Mr. Hockey Grant Besse. Myself, personally, I'd like to see the Wild take a flyer on him with a 6th or 7th round pick. The kid is a proven winner, though not the biggest guy at 5'8" 177lbs. He's still got plenty of room to grow and, despite his size, is strong on his skates. What do you guys think? Take a chance on some homegrown talent?

Old
04-04-2013, 01:03 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podgornik View Post
Mr. Hockey Grant Besse. Myself, personally, I'd like to see the Wild take a flyer on him with a 6th or 7th round pick. The kid is a proven winner, though not the biggest guy at 5'8" 177lbs. He's still got plenty of room to grow and, despite his size, is strong on his skates. What do you guys think? Take a chance on some homegrown talent?
Why not? We do every year!!!!

Old
04-04-2013, 05:55 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
Yep, and Jarmo Kekäläinen has a special knack for finding talent.

With St. Louis' scouting staff. He'll be going off of Columbus' list- the staff that was already in place when he took over.

I'd expect there will be turnover after the Draft, so he gets his guys on board.

Old
04-04-2013, 05:57 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podgornik View Post

The problem is that he stayed at BSM when he should have played in the USHL this year. That sort of thing scares scouts because it insinuates he doesn't want to be challenged, although from what I hear he is helping himself with his play in Omaha.

There are other local guys I'd rather have than Besse.

Old
04-04-2013, 05:58 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by keppel146 View Post
Ian McCoshen? how about that for a first rounder?

I'm of the opinion that people who like McCoshen haven't seen him play. You don't want him, much less with a first round pick.

Old
04-04-2013, 07:31 PM
LordFletcher

its just scary how awesome the top 10 looks

I wonder who Fletcher and co are targeting in the 25-40 range because they will be moving up

Old
04-04-2013, 07:34 PM
Granlund 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordFletcher View Post
its just scary how awesome the top 10 looks

I wonder who Fletcher and co are targeting in the 25-40 range because they will be moving up
This is where we stand now correct...?

2nd
3rd (NJ)
3rd (SJ)
4th
5th
6th
7th (NJ)
7th

Old
04-04-2013, 07:41 PM
LordFletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund 64 View Post
This is where we stand now correct...?

2nd
3rd (NJ)
3rd (SJ)
4th
5th
6th
7th (NJ)
7th
not 100% sure but that looks about right.

With our 2nd and two 3rds... plus I think Clutterbuck and Phillips are very likely to be moved... we can easily get back into the first if someone is willing to play ball... that is the main question. Buffalo could trade our pick back, that is very likely (pending how far we go in the playoffs... otherwise, maybe (maybe) Columbus and Calgary... otherwise moving up into the early 2nd won't be hard at all

edit. I think we will see those 4/5/6 picks go all towards G and D and one of the thirds if we keep one

Old
04-04-2013, 07:45 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Why move Phillips when his value is low? And why move Clutterbuck when this organization is missing a gritty player.

Old
04-04-2013, 07:51 PM
LordFletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
Why move Phillips when his value is low? And why move Clutterbuck when this organization is missing a gritty player.
because I don't Phillips offers us anything (maybe a 4th line C) and I am not confident his value will ever get higher... I mean it has to but who knows... someone could be willing to take him and our 2nd for a 1st round pick????

clutter is terrible. We can find "gritty" elsewhere... I personally (my opinion) think Clutter is slowing washing up... and we should move him while his value is high... also, he wants cash soon, we cant afford him if he wants 3+ million. We have enough lockerroom guys on this club. Clutter wont be missed in the summer

Old
04-04-2013, 08:13 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
because I don't Phillips offers us anything (maybe a 4th line C)
So, rolling into next season we'll have Granlund, Graovac, and Haula as our center depth?

Quote:
clutter is terrible. We can find "gritty" elsewhere... I personally (my opinion) think Clutter is slowing washing up... and we should move him while his value is high... also, he wants cash soon, we cant afford him if he wants 3+ million. We have enough lockerroom guys on this club. Clutter wont be missed in the summer
Clutter will be missed on this team. It's not just what he's offers to the team but the organization. He's a big fan favorite and while yes, he is slowing down, he's still a good enough agitator and we'll sorely miss his presence. I would say yes move him if Bulmer or Bus was ready but they aren't.

Old
04-04-2013, 08:20 PM
LordFletcher

Quote:
So, rolling into next season we'll have Granlund, Graovac, and Haula as our center depth?

Clutter will be missed on this team. It's not just what he's offers to the team but the organization. He's a big fan favorite and while yes, he is slowing down, he's still a good enough agitator and we'll sorely miss his presence. I would say yes move him if Bulmer or Bus was ready but they aren't.
Sound good to me. Phillips would never get called up next year anyhow... plenty of time to sign a C to a two way deal.

so was Boogie and I do agree... but I just don't think he is worth as much to the Wild anymore than he can be in a trade.

Old
04-04-2013, 08:26 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Sound good to me. Phillips would never get called up next year anyhow... plenty of time to sign a C to a two way deal.
Why sign when we have a guy? Why not be patience with Phillips and let him develop?

Quote:
so was Boogie and I do agree... but I just don't think he is worth as much to the Wild anymore than he can be in a trade.
Boogie is way, way different than Clutter. We're always missing that semi-talented gritty guy

Quote:
That's a major assumption that we'll move up.

Old
04-04-2013, 08:31 PM
LordFletcher

Quote:
Why sign when we have a guy? Why not be patience with Phillips and let him develop?

Boogie is way, way different than Clutter. We're always missing that semi-talented gritty guy

That's a major assumption that we'll move up.
We could / more than likely will.. I just was throwing his name out there more than anything. Phillips can be traded just as easily as Larsson was, I'd say much easier. Who knows. Just throwing darts amigo

Boogie, yes different but just saying fan fav shouldn't matter... and they don't. I don't care if Fletcher hires a murder / rapist. I want to win. F! I am sick of us having to do right by our fans and guys that have done it right. Fletcher owes no body anything. WIN AND WIN NOW GD'IT! I was joking about the murder / rapists fella.

correct.. but I think it makes a lot of sense if they Wild can find a trade partner. Calgary might want a lot more picks than just theirs in the 1st round and the #29 as well. We can send another nice package to another team. who knows. again throwing darts

Closed Thread