HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fire Bowman Part III

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2013, 01:42 PM
Illinihockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorofTime View Post
Connauton is not a mediocre prospect. Not a blue-chipper but mediocre is a stretch. In terms of comparison, he's like Clendening but a couple years older. He's got a really nice shot. Canuck fans were calling him a future Top 4 D before he got dealt but now he's crap. I try to go to a fair share of Wolves games (way cheaper than Hawks tickets) and he's stood out to me. I definitely think he's a guy with a good NHL future in front of him. Also, keep in mind we didn't have a 2nd round pick and given the standings are likely projected to have a worse pick. So it probably would have taken a 1st + Clendening to get him.. bare in mind we will be in the same division as Dallas next year so they may have not wanted to give us a leg up in re-signing him.
Or maybe the Hawks didn't want to give Dallas anything to rebuild with to be used against them in subsequent years.

Old
04-04-2013, 01:56 PM
Ace Rothstein
Aces High

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Or maybe the Hawks didn't want to give Dallas anything to rebuild with to be used against them in subsequent years.
Any GM in hockey who is at the place the Hawks are at who is worried about a single prospect going to a team where Dallas as it and being used against them should not be an NHL GM, unless they are trading a Kane or Stamkos. Dallas won't be competing with the Hawks for at least the next 5 years.

Old
04-04-2013, 01:58 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
Any GM in hockey who is at the place the Hawks are at who is worried about a single prospect going to a team where Dallas as it and being used against them should not be an NHL GM, unless they are trading a Kane or Stamkos. Dallas won't be competing with the Hawks for at least the next 5 years.
I wonder how many teams said that at the end of the 2007 season about the Blackhawks. 3 years later they hoisted the Stanley Cup.

Old
04-04-2013, 02:03 PM
Ace Rothstein
Aces High

Quote:
I wonder how many teams said that at the end of the 2007 season about the Blackhawks. 3 years later they hoisted the Stanley Cup.
Probably not too many. At that point, anyone paying attention knew that the Hawks had some VERY good talent in the pipeline.

Old
04-04-2013, 02:05 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Yeah, that is true. Since it was Ott, they kept asking if we would trade Bolland for him. This time, he went for very little so it's just "he sucks".
It's not that he "sucks", it's that he isn't much better than what we already have. Our scouts, GM, and coach all agree with that, so what's the point of paying a hefty price for a guy who is marginally better than what we already have?

And it would of been a hefty price, it would of had to be a 1st +, because we didn't own a 2nd.

Old
04-04-2013, 02:15 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
It's not that he "sucks", it's that he isn't much better than what we already have. Our scouts, GM, and coach all agree with that, so what's the point of paying a hefty price for a guy who is marginally better than what we already have?

And it would of been a hefty price, it would of had to be a 1st +, because we didn't own a 2nd.
Yeah, I don't really care what Bowman thinks to be honest. But I do care what you think about this since we talk about it on here and you have always been vocal about wanting to get Roy so I am surprised you are just going to go ahead and fall in line with Bowman's comments like that, surprised and not surprised I guess.

Old
04-04-2013, 02:22 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Yeah, I don't really care what Bowman thinks to be honest. But I do care what you think about this since we talk about it on here and you have always been vocal about wanting to get Roy so I am surprised you are just going to go ahead and fall in line with Bowman's comments like that, surprised and not surprised I guess.
I've been vocal about getting Roy?

Maybe 2 years ago, not anytime recently. I was vocal about getting Ribiero last year when everyone else shrugged him off, but not Roy.

Old
04-04-2013, 02:38 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
I've been vocal about getting Roy?

Maybe 2 years ago, not anytime recently. I was vocal about getting Ribiero last year when everyone else shrugged him off, but not Roy.
3-27-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by English stars fan View Post
To Chicago

C Derek Roy

To Dallas

C Andrew Shaw
pick (unsure of value)

Chicago gets a solid 2C that can bump Bolland to 3C where he belongs. Dallas gets a nice bottom 6 addition and a pick for one of the top UFA rentals.
Quote:
The best pick we could offer is a 4th in 2013.

I'm all for this trade though, as long as it's not a 1st.
Quote:
No reason to trade him, but you want a #2 C? You can't give up scraps for #2C.

I would do Shaw and Ben Smith for Roy.
3-01-13

Quote:
Not quite, but I would rather have those 2 for the same price as Stastny. There are better 2nd line C than Stastny we could get, that are cheaper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Who?
Quote:
Ribeiro for one, 1 could argue Derek Roy and Stephen Weiss too.
9-17-2012

Quote:
I think you forgot Derek Roy!
Chicago will take him if you don't want him
It keeps going back further, but I think you can see where I got the idea you were interested in Roy.

Old
04-04-2013, 03:08 PM
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets

Lol!

Old
04-04-2013, 03:17 PM
ndgt10

Good stuff ColdSteel!

Old
04-04-2013, 03:25 PM
Illinihockey

Saying Roy is a #2 C and that you wouldn't mind having him (but not for a 1st round pick) is quite different from being vocal about getting Roy.

Old
04-04-2013, 04:29 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
3-27-13

3-01-13

9-17-2012

It keeps going back further, but I think you can see where I got the idea you were interested in Roy.
Ya, who wouldn't want him for a cheap price? I wouldnt say that is being vocal about getting him. If he was offered for a cheap price like I stated in those posts, I wouldn't mind him. But I didn't want him for a 1st or any of our top prospects.

Old
04-04-2013, 04:30 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Saying Roy is a #2 C and that you wouldn't mind having him (but not for a 1st round pick) is quite different from being vocal about getting Roy.
Thank you.

Old
04-04-2013, 04:32 PM
McDooRoo

A trade for Roy would've given us another undersized player. We have plenty of those to go around.

Old
04-04-2013, 04:57 PM
topnotch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
Oh I'm not so sure about that. With realignment, it appears that Chi, Minn, and Stl will have the inside track to the playoffs for a few years, but among Dal, Nash, Win, and Col, I would say Dal is the most likely to see the #4 spot over the others (maybe tied with Nashville). That puts them in direct competition with the Hawks.

edit: forgot about the wildcard - I still see Dallas as direct competition because with the heavy conference schedule, I don't see too many situations where the #5 team in the Pacific (whatever it will be called) will beat out the #4 in the Central (whatever it will be called).

Old
04-04-2013, 05:13 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDooRoo View Post
A trade for Roy would've given us another undersized player. We have plenty of those to go around.
Bollig should be our second line center.

Old
04-04-2013, 09:00 PM
McDooRoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
Bollig should be our second line center.
He shouldn't be taking a roster spot

Old
05-24-2013, 08:38 AM
coldsteelonice84

3 threads bashing Q, who is only part to blame. Ass face is done as far as I am concerned. Talk about a stupid ****ing idea, depth in the form of shrimps around elite talent , a puck possession team that can't win faceoffs , a PP with mostly playmakers and no garbage man to finish off chances . Bow tried to reinvent the wheel of playoff hockey and it blew up in all of our faces.

Old
05-24-2013, 09:03 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

This is stupid, once again.

Old
05-24-2013, 09:06 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
This is stupid, once again.
Those days are over, bud.

Old
05-24-2013, 09:12 AM
Hawkaholic

I still say give him another year.

This year it's mainly coaching and the guys no fan wants traded that's the problem.

Fire Q, trade a core player for more depth, try to acquire better C's...if that fails...then fire him.

Old
05-24-2013, 09:13 AM
coldsteelonice84

I tried to sit back and enjoy the run, allow myself and others to be proven wrong. I mean, yikes, this roster just does not look playoff built at all. It's a nice collection of talent but not well rounded team at all.

Old
05-24-2013, 09:16 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
I still say give him another year.

This year it's mainly coaching and the guys no fan wants traded that's the problem.

Fire Q, trade a core player for more depth, try to acquire better C's...if that fails...then fire him.
Do you trust Stan to make those trades and pick the right coach? Do you even think he would do any of those things? At best, I see him launching Q and sticking with his theory that this team is ready made to win the Cup like he keeps saying. That image is burned in my brain, his interview at the TD, his snarky ****ing smirk about how "we don't make deals just to make deals, Handzus was the last piece we needed to win the Cup", like he is smarter than everyone, when in reality, my God what a ****ing moron.

Old
05-24-2013, 09:17 AM
Hawkaholic

The Wings have basically the same type of roster we do, except our D is better.

It has nothing to do with having a playoff team, and everything to do with shotty coaching, star players not producing, and depth going invisible.

Old
05-24-2013, 09:18 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
The Wings have basically the same type of roster we do, except our D is better.

It has nothing to do with having a playoff team, and everything to do with shotty coaching, star players not producing, and depth going invisible.
I agree on those points too. I want an overhaul. IMO, keep the core intact but beyond that, I don't care if we never see any of these guys with the Hawks again.

Wings have Babcock and there is only one of him. Who out there could bring this team to a Cup?

Possibly Scotty Bowman. You want to keep Stan, I am 100% on board, but Daddy needs to come in and save his ass, at least for 1 season or some type of Phil Jackson like situation where he just coaches most of the games and playoffs and let's Barry Smith or someone travel on the road trips.

Closed Thread