HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

The All-Purpose Goaltending Thread #9

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2013, 06:49 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
Bryz really wants the Flyers to get a top 5 pick......

Old
04-04-2013, 06:55 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
Bryz really wants the Flyers to get a top 5 pick......
The Sportsnet guys are ripping him!

Old
04-04-2013, 06:59 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
This morning, Rick Tocchet was on TSN1050 radio and was talking about Bryz. He strongly indicated that the team doesn't play as hard for him and that he isn't a good teammate. I can't find the link to the podcast but it was on the Macko and Cauz show.
What really concerns me is how often the team immediately scrambles to commit flagrant hooks and interference on anybody who is in reach and has a chance at a prime scoring opportunity. They'd rather go on the PP than risk letting Bryz save it. It doesn't exactly scream "confidence."

Back on the subject of Reese, I noticed last year...and it's continued into this year....but Bryz seems to struggle with shots from the top of the left circle, or just the area of the left circle in general. That angle seems to perplex him, and I'm almost positive I've seen a pattern there. It hasn't changed, or been adjusted. I wonder if Reese has seen this, or helped him work on his angles from that area?

04-04-2013, 07:04 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
What makes a bad teammate?

04-04-2013, 07:17 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
Keeping to yourself.
Disappointing your teammates.
Flippant, unconcerned, or nonchalant attitude.

I could seriously see Bryz not getting along with others in the Flyers' locker room fairly easily. He's an out-there kind of guy, but he's not the good kind of out there. I could see things getting awkward; during the 24/7 series it was fairly obvious. The cloud of awkwardness could be cut by a knife whenever Bryz appeared during that series. On top of that, all the discussions with media and the one-liners to reporters all seem forced by the rest of the team when Bryz is brought up.

Old
04-04-2013, 07:27 PM
FlyingPhilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Keeping to yourself.
Disappointing your teammates.
Flippant, unconcerned, or nonchalant attitude.

I could seriously see Bryz not getting along with others in the Flyers' locker room fairly easily. He's an out-there kind of guy, but he's not the good kind of out there. I could see things getting awkward; during the 24/7 series it was fairly obvious. The cloud of awkwardness could be cut by a knife whenever Bryz appeared during that series. On top of that, all the discussions with media and the one-liners to reporters all seem forced by the rest of the team when Bryz is brought up.
I specifically remember seeing Bryz sitting by himself at a table and eating while other players were sitting and talking with each other. Dunno if that is the norm, but it could be telling.

Old
04-04-2013, 07:40 PM
xifentoozlerix

Bryz >> Reimer today. Sportsnet guys are trying their darnedest to get the bad vibes going.

Old
04-04-2013, 07:40 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
Someone needs to ask Tocchet.

Old
04-04-2013, 07:47 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPhilly View Post
I specifically remember seeing Bryz sitting by himself at a table and eating while other players were sitting and talking with each other. Dunno if that is the norm, but it could be telling.
Jagr was the one actually eating alone during that scene and Bryz tried to join him jokingly and Jagr moved away from him. Later in that scene Bryz was sitting with Bob, Harry Z, and someone else I think a trainer or something. It was when Bryz had that rant about a husky dog to Harry Z.

Old
04-04-2013, 07:49 PM
LegionOfDoom91

I remember Derek Morris saying something that made out Bryz to be a bad teammate during his Coyote days last year.

Old
04-04-2013, 07:50 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
If it's a guy keeping to himself, then I really don't understand that line of thinking.

Old
04-04-2013, 07:52 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xifentoozlerix View Post
Bryz >> Reimer today. Sportsnet guys are trying their darnedest to get the bad vibes going.
Based on what I've seen they're equal. Which isn't all that great for either.

Old
04-04-2013, 07:56 PM
FlyingPhilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Jagr was the one actually eating alone during that scene and Bryz tried to join him jokingly and Jagr moved away from him. Later in that scene Bryz was sitting with Bob, Harry Z, and someone else I think a trainer or something. It was when Bryz had that rant about a husky dog to Harry Z.
Eh, who knows what really goes on behind the scenes? That might have been a joke back then, but things change.

Old
04-04-2013, 08:07 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Eh, who knows what really goes on behind the scenes? That might have been a joke back then, but things change.
Well obviously no one knows what goes on behind the scenes. I just think that's a bad example to use because if anything it would suggest Jagr was the bad teammate sitting alone by himself if we were using that logic.

There have been rumblings out of Phoenix before about Bryz being a bad teammate and now Tocchet's saying it. Tocchet was his coach there so I don't know if he's talking about his personal experience with Bryz or stuff he has heard from the Flyers locker room? So who knows?

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 04-04-2013 at 08:12 PM.
Old
04-04-2013, 08:14 PM
FlyingPhilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Well obviously no one knows what goes on behind the scenes. I just think that's a bad example to use because if anything it would suggest Jagr was the bad teammate sitting alone by himself if we were using that logic.

There have been rumblings out of Phoenix before about Bryz being a bad teammate and now Tocchet's saying it. Tocchet was his coach there so I don't know if he's talking about his personal experience with Bryz or stuff he has heard from the Flyers locker room? So who knows?
I don't really remember what happened there. Need to watch it again. Probably wasn't a memorable part if I forgot about it. I thought it was Bryz sitting by himself, not Jagr.

Still, yea no one knows what really goes on behind the scenes except for the players and coaches.

Old
04-04-2013, 08:18 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
I don't really remember what happened there. Need to watch it again. Probably wasn't a memorable part if I forgot about it. I thought it was Bryz sitting by himself, not Jagr.

Still, yea no one knows what really goes on behind the scenes except for the players and coaches.

Old
04-04-2013, 08:39 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

That wasn't a good game. The offense, once again, needs 4 to win.

Old
04-04-2013, 09:10 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

I'm just trying to be fair here, was that really considered a bad game by bryz? the only goal that looked weird was that shot from the point looked straight on to me but its hard to tell when your not ice level. there was a ton of traffic in front. van reimsdyk's goal was pure skill. reimer looked like crap after makin a couple nice ones. byrzgalov is not hated in that locker room. he's a work horse and they know it. we are jelling and comin together as a team and finally scoring at will with plays built from confidence. i'm just happy were makin a run here. it was just depressing and sad and now we can look forward to the rest of these games. I hope we get a look at mason soon tho.

Old
04-04-2013, 09:11 PM
BroadStreetPhila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Based on what I've seen they're equal. Which isn't all that great for either.
I agree, except that Toronto got value though.

Reimer = 1.8 cap hit.
Bryz = 5.67 cap hit.

It's not that I dislike Bryz, he just doesn't provide any value. He's overpaid and under-performs.

This game is no exception.

Old
04-04-2013, 09:13 PM
BroadStreetPhila

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
I'm just trying to be fair here, was that really considered a bad game by bryz? the only goal that looked weird was that shot from the point looked straight on to me but its hard to tell when your not ice level. there was a ton of traffic in front. van reimsdyk's goal was pure skill. reimer looked like crap after makin a couple nice ones. byrzgalov is not hated in that locker room. he's a work horse and they know it. we are jelling and comin together as a team and finally scoring at will with plays built from confidence. i'm just happy were makin a run here. it was just depressing and sad and now we can look forward to the rest of these games. I hope we get a look at mason soon tho.
Yes, for what is expected of him, at that cap hit.

Whether JVR has skill or not, he HAS to close down that angle. Make no mistake, Toronto was in this game only because of Bryz.

Old
04-04-2013, 09:24 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadStreetPhila View Post
Yes, for what is expected of him, at that cap hit.

Whether JVR has skill or not, he HAS to close down that angle. Make no mistake, Toronto was in this game only because of Bryz.
dude that jvr play happened at a ridiculous speed and with that accuracy, considering most of those just either don't get lifted or go over the net, it wasn't a must save. that was a pretty good game by everybody. believe me, i aint ever forgetting that freak fest of a performance last night (the whole game was ruined for me by that one goal) but i love this team and he's our goalie. forget that cap hit for now and just watch the game. were winning. we might just pull this outta our *****. and we got mason now so i aint gonna bit ch to bit ch.

Old
04-04-2013, 09:35 PM
Devastate

Bob continues his march towards a possible Vezina.

I'm looking at you Beef

Old
04-04-2013, 09:37 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastate View Post
Bob continues his march towards a possible Vezina.

I'm looking at you Beef
I saw that 3rd period. The save at the end where he sped over to get it was nuts. I don't know how he shuffles that fast.

Old
04-04-2013, 09:41 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

I can recall when there were rumbles the flyers were gonna sign Bryz, that one of the concerns were he wasn't the best teammate. Not sure if it's really true or not. I just hope the buy him out for the sake of relieving some cap space. Regardless if he plays good or not, he's proved he doesn't deserve the money he is making.

Although, I thought it was funny when he was celebrating the empty net goal with Luke Schenn and everyone.

Old
04-04-2013, 09:43 PM
Jtown

vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniped View Post
I can recall when there were rumbles the flyers were gonna sign Bryz, that one of the concerns were he wasn't the best teammate. Not sure if it's really true or not. I just hope the buy him out for the sake of relieving some cap space. Regardless if he plays good or not, he's proved he doesn't deserve the money he is making.

Although, I thought it was funny when he was celebrating the empty net goal with Luke Schenn and everyone.
Umm im pretty sure michael jordan was scum as a teammate , almost to the point where none of them even keep contact with the guy.

Closed Thread