HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roster/Trade/Etc Discussion Part VI

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-04-2013, 07:04 PM
  #326
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 25,197
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Would like to see Etem Holls Palms with first line minutes tomorrow. Give Getz a night off to rest and see what we have here at the same time. Double whammy

__________________
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places." -- Hemingway
Sojourn is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 07:10 PM
  #327
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,898
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Face palm all you want. We are 99 percent playoff bound. I would like to see the EHP line as a first line. We get to see what players need to work on as well as potential.

This is a great opportunity for our young players to expose themselves with serious roles on the ducks. How long are you going to babysit them? You're worst than a friend babysitting a beer at a spring break party

Ducksgo* is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 07:17 PM
  #328
Paul4587
Moderator
 
Paul4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 14,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Face palm all you want. We are 99 percent playoff bound. I would like to see the EHP line as a first line. We get to see what players need to work on as well as potential.

This is a great opportunity for our young players to expose themselves with serious roles on the ducks. How long are you going to babysit them? You're worst than a friend babysitting a beer at a spring break party
You do realize LA and SJ can both still catch us for the division. Not to mention we can easily catch Chicago for the conference lead. That's a ridiculous idea.

Paul4587 is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 07:25 PM
  #329
Ducks DVM
Moderator
There is no grunion
 
Ducks DVM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Face palm all you want. We are 99 percent playoff bound. I would like to see the EHP line as a first line. We get to see what players need to work on as well as potential.

This is a great opportunity for our young players to expose themselves with serious roles on the ducks. How long are you going to babysit them? You're worst than a friend babysitting a beer at a spring break party
Palmieri is pretty bad at ES defense. Holland is suspect at ES defense. Etem is probably the best of the three and it'd be a stretch to say he's competent at it at this point. There's no reason to expect they will do anything but fail if they get bumped up to first line minutes and match ups, and there is literally zero reason they should get those minutes over Perry, Ryan, Koivu, Cogliano, or Winnik.

The team is fighting for home ice, hasn't remotely locked up the division, has a lot of difficult games left on the schedule, and this is one of the more winnable games. The kids can prove themselves next year. The goal is a cup, not rookie glory.

Ducks DVM is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 07:28 PM
  #330
Gibson Les Palms
Registered User
 
Gibson Les Palms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,519
vCash: 814
Rest Getz, probably not a bad idea. But in no way should any of those players play ahead of Ryan, Perry and others. It wouldn't be good for Etem, Holland and Palms either.

Gibson Les Palms is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 07:36 PM
  #331
James Franco
Registered User
 
James Franco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,755
vCash: 500
What will the lines look like with Lombardi in the lineup?

James Franco is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 07:40 PM
  #332
DuckTech
In vino veritas
 
DuckTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rural Orange County
Country: United States
Posts: 1,281
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Franco View Post
What will the lines look like with Lombardi in the lineup?
The ducks site had him skating with Etem & Selanne sooo....

Ryan, Getzlaf, Perry
Etem, Lombardi, Selanne
Winnik, Koivu, Cogliano
Beleskey/Dvorak, Holland/Steckel, Palmieri/Staubitz

DuckTech is online now  
Old
04-04-2013, 07:47 PM
  #333
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 25,197
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Face palm all you want. We are 99 percent playoff bound. I would like to see the EHP line as a first line. We get to see what players need to work on as well as potential.

This is a great opportunity for our young players to expose themselves with serious roles on the ducks. How long are you going to babysit them? You're worst than a friend babysitting a beer at a spring break party
The goal isn't just to make the playoffs. It's to make the playoffs in the best possible position to go deep into the playoffs.

Sojourn is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 08:10 PM
  #334
Ducks DVM
Moderator
There is no grunion
 
Ducks DVM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckTech View Post
The ducks site had him skating with Etem & Selanne sooo....

Ryan, Getzlaf, Perry
Etem, Lombardi, Selanne
Winnik, Koivu, Cogliano
Beleskey/Dvorak, Holland/Steckel, Palmieri/Staubitz
With 6 forwards on the ice there's no way that 4th line will ever be scored on!

You have to wonder if Beleskey will sit for Staubitz with the facial injury though. While I liked how well they could roll 4 lines last game, they need some deterrent out there with the Dallas kids running around like semi-guided missiles.

Ducks DVM is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 08:45 PM
  #335
bumperkisser
Registered User
 
bumperkisser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
With 6 forwards on the ice there's no way that 4th line will ever be scored on!

You have to wonder if Beleskey will sit for Staubitz with the facial injury though. While I liked how well they could roll 4 lines last game, they need some deterrent out there with the Dallas kids running around like semi-guided missiles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckTech View Post
The ducks site had him skating with Etem & Selanne sooo....

Ryan, Getzlaf, Perry
Etem, Lombardi, Selanne
Winnik, Koivu, Cogliano
Beleskey/Dvorak, Holland/Steckel, Palmieri/Staubitz
ya for tomorrow i wouldn't mine those lines.

dvorak-holland-palmieri as our 4th wouldn't hurt.

although i wouldn't be against giving getzlaf the night off and putting holland up with perry and ryan to see what he could do

bumperkisser is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 08:46 PM
  #336
Gliff
Wild Bill
 
Gliff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 9,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Face palm all you want. We are 99 percent playoff bound. I would like to see the EHP line as a first line. We get to see what players need to work on as well as potential.

This is a great opportunity for our young players to expose themselves with serious roles on the ducks. How long are you going to babysit them? You're worst than a friend babysitting a beer at a spring break party

Gliff is online now  
Old
04-04-2013, 09:16 PM
  #337
douglast5
PS3 GMC Comish
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,293
vCash: 500
Kids on top line noooo.

I am okay with Getzlaf taking a game off if he needs to, but still keep Ryan/Perry on top.

If he is 100% then play, I would just rather lose 1 game then lose Getzlaf for more.

douglast5 is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 09:30 PM
  #338
Eddie Shack
Registered User
 
Eddie Shack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,508
vCash: 500
Speaking of taking a game off, when is Teemu getting his maintenance day? It's not like he couldn't use it.

Eddie Shack is online now  
Old
04-04-2013, 09:46 PM
  #339
Eddie Shack
Registered User
 
Eddie Shack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,508
vCash: 500
File this under...forgot to ask earlier:

With JDD gone, who is the emergency 3G? Andersen? Bobkov?

Eddie Shack is online now  
Old
04-04-2013, 10:37 PM
  #340
PuqTalk
@PuqOT on Twitter
 
PuqTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
File this under...forgot to ask earlier:

With JDD gone, who is the emergency 3G? Andersen? Bobkov?
Andersen. He's having an excellent year in the AHL.

Also, is anyone else surprised at how quickly Etem is developing? This kid is a star in the making.

PuqTalk is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 10:56 PM
  #341
Eddie Shack
Registered User
 
Eddie Shack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuqTalk View Post
Andersen. He's having an excellent year in the AHL.
Which makes me wonder if they would yank him away from the Ads during a push for the playoffs in Norfolk just to sit the bench here. That's why, this year, JDD was the perfect 3G. We could leave Andersen in Norfolk to help out there since he really wouldn't be called to ANA to play.

Eddie Shack is online now  
Old
04-04-2013, 11:12 PM
  #342
bumperkisser
Registered User
 
bumperkisser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
Which makes me wonder if they would yank him away from the Ads during a push for the playoffs in Norfolk just to sit the bench here. That's why, this year, JDD was the perfect 3G. We could leave Andersen in Norfolk to help out there since he really wouldn't be called to ANA to play.
its not that big of a deal I don't think. maybe we'd call up bobkov, who knows? I wouldn't mind seeing bobkov

bumperkisser is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 11:13 AM
  #343
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust
 
TheJoeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,848
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
Which makes me wonder if they would yank him away from the Ads during a push for the playoffs in Norfolk just to sit the bench here. That's why, this year, JDD was the perfect 3G. We could leave Andersen in Norfolk to help out there since he really wouldn't be called to ANA to play.
Their season ends a week before ours and assuming they make the playoffs it would be as the 8th seed and they probably won't last too long. There shouldn't be any issue with him being the third goalie.

TheJoeMan is online now  
Old
04-05-2013, 11:16 AM
  #344
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust
 
TheJoeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,848
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Palmieri is pretty bad at ES defense. Holland is suspect at ES defense. Etem is probably the best of the three and it'd be a stretch to say he's competent at it at this point. There's no reason to expect they will do anything but fail if they get bumped up to first line minutes and match ups, and there is literally zero reason they should get those minutes over Perry, Ryan, Koivu, Cogliano, or Winnik.
I disagree wholeheartedly. Etem has been great in his own zone. I think the idea of those three playing as the top line is ludicrous but not because of their defensive abilities. Holland particularly has a very strong game Wednesday night defensively. But I mean those guys aren't aren't worse in their own zone than Getzlaf, Perry and Ryan.

TheJoeMan is online now  
Old
04-05-2013, 11:24 AM
  #345
Eddie Shack
Registered User
 
Eddie Shack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoeMan View Post
Their season ends a week before ours and assuming they make the playoffs it would be as the 8th seed and they probably won't last too long. There shouldn't be any issue with him being the third goalie.
Once they are done, I agree. But a Ducks emergency while the Ads are battling for a playoff spot or in the playoffs is what I kind of wonder about.

Eddie Shack is online now  
Old
04-05-2013, 11:33 AM
  #346
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust
 
TheJoeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,848
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
Once they are done, I agree. But a Ducks emergency while the Ads are battling for a playoff spot or in the playoffs is what I kind of wonder about.
If we're talking an emergency then Cousineau. Whoever it is won't play one way or the other unless both our goalies get hurt. If that's the case screw the Admirals, are needs come first and Andersen comes here.

TheJoeMan is online now  
Old
04-05-2013, 11:44 AM
  #347
PhoenyX
Registered User
 
PhoenyX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuqTalk View Post
Andersen. He's having an excellent year in the AHL.

Also, is anyone else surprised at how quickly Etem is developing? This kid is a star in the making.
He's getting better every game. I have the feeling he is going to really break out in the playoffs like a few young stars have done in recent years (Subban and van Riemsdyk come to mind).

PhoenyX is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 12:05 PM
  #348
Eddie Shack
Registered User
 
Eddie Shack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoeMan View Post
If we're talking an emergency then Cousineau. Whoever it is won't play one way or the other unless both our goalies get hurt. If that's the case screw the Admirals, are needs come first and Andersen comes here.
Yeah, that's what I was questioning. If we just need a guy to come sit on the bench for an emergency I wouldn't want to take Andersen away from the Ads. If we found ourselves in need of an emergency starter then I agree our priorities come first and Andersen gets called up.

Eddie Shack is online now  
Old
04-05-2013, 01:23 PM
  #349
Ducks DVM
Moderator
There is no grunion
 
Ducks DVM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoeMan View Post
I disagree wholeheartedly. Etem has been great in his own zone. I think the idea of those three playing as the top line is ludicrous but not because of their defensive abilities. Holland particularly has a very strong game Wednesday night defensively. But I mean those guys aren't aren't worse in their own zone than Getzlaf, Perry and Ryan.
Don't get me wrong, I think he's pretty good on the PK, and as a fore checker at ES. But at ES in the defensive zone he will go to the wrong man or the wrong place too frequently for me to think he's competent yet. I'd also disagree on Getzlaf - he's significantly better than any of those other players defensively. As is Perry, when he's not playing lazy. Holland had a good game playing the 4C, when he's been at 2C that line is a black hole defensively (granted, it always is, but he's not stood out as the competent one on it IMO).

Ducks DVM is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 01:29 PM
  #350
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 25,197
vCash: 50
I definitely don't consider Etem anything more than competent defensively at even strength. The penalty kill is a different animal entirely, and it's more of a zone defense game. Also, as DVM said, Getzlaf is quite a bit better defensively than any of those three. Getzlaf has become a player who I have complete faith in defensively, and I don't know if there is a situation where I'd say "He doesn't belong out there."

Sojourn is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.