Old
04-04-2013, 07:04 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Would like to see Etem Holls Palms with first line minutes tomorrow. Give Getz a night off to rest and see what we have here at the same time. Double whammy

04-04-2013, 07:10 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Face palm all you want. We are 99 percent playoff bound. I would like to see the EHP line as a first line. We get to see what players need to work on as well as potential.

This is a great opportunity for our young players to expose themselves with serious roles on the ducks. How long are you going to babysit them? You're worst than a friend babysitting a beer at a spring break party

Old
04-04-2013, 07:17 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Face palm all you want. We are 99 percent playoff bound. I would like to see the EHP line as a first line. We get to see what players need to work on as well as potential.

This is a great opportunity for our young players to expose themselves with serious roles on the ducks. How long are you going to babysit them? You're worst than a friend babysitting a beer at a spring break party
You do realize LA and SJ can both still catch us for the division. Not to mention we can easily catch Chicago for the conference lead. That's a ridiculous idea.

Old
04-04-2013, 07:25 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:

Palmieri is pretty bad at ES defense. Holland is suspect at ES defense. Etem is probably the best of the three and it'd be a stretch to say he's competent at it at this point. There's no reason to expect they will do anything but fail if they get bumped up to first line minutes and match ups, and there is literally zero reason they should get those minutes over Perry, Ryan, Koivu, Cogliano, or Winnik.

The team is fighting for home ice, hasn't remotely locked up the division, has a lot of difficult games left on the schedule, and this is one of the more winnable games. The kids can prove themselves next year. The goal is a cup, not rookie glory.

Old
04-04-2013, 07:28 PM
Gibson Les Palms

vCash: 814
Rest Getz, probably not a bad idea. But in no way should any of those players play ahead of Ryan, Perry and others. It wouldn't be good for Etem, Holland and Palms either.

Old
04-04-2013, 07:36 PM
James Franco

What will the lines look like with Lombardi in the lineup?

Old
04-04-2013, 07:40 PM
DuckTech
In vino veritas

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Franco View Post
What will the lines look like with Lombardi in the lineup?
The ducks site had him skating with Etem & Selanne sooo....

Ryan, Getzlaf, Perry
Etem, Lombardi, Selanne
Winnik, Koivu, Cogliano
Beleskey/Dvorak, Holland/Steckel, Palmieri/Staubitz

Old
04-04-2013, 07:47 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:

The goal isn't just to make the playoffs. It's to make the playoffs in the best possible position to go deep into the playoffs.

Old
04-04-2013, 08:10 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckTech View Post

Ryan, Getzlaf, Perry
Etem, Lombardi, Selanne
Winnik, Koivu, Cogliano
With 6 forwards on the ice there's no way that 4th line will ever be scored on!

You have to wonder if Beleskey will sit for Staubitz with the facial injury though. While I liked how well they could roll 4 lines last game, they need some deterrent out there with the Dallas kids running around like semi-guided missiles.

Old
04-04-2013, 08:45 PM
bumperkisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
With 6 forwards on the ice there's no way that 4th line will ever be scored on!

You have to wonder if Beleskey will sit for Staubitz with the facial injury though. While I liked how well they could roll 4 lines last game, they need some deterrent out there with the Dallas kids running around like semi-guided missiles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckTech View Post

Ryan, Getzlaf, Perry
Etem, Lombardi, Selanne
Winnik, Koivu, Cogliano
ya for tomorrow i wouldn't mine those lines.

dvorak-holland-palmieri as our 4th wouldn't hurt.

although i wouldn't be against giving getzlaf the night off and putting holland up with perry and ryan to see what he could do

Old
04-04-2013, 08:46 PM
Gliff
Wild Bill

Quote:

Old
04-04-2013, 09:16 PM
douglast5
PS3 GMC Comish

Kids on top line noooo.

I am okay with Getzlaf taking a game off if he needs to, but still keep Ryan/Perry on top.

If he is 100% then play, I would just rather lose 1 game then lose Getzlaf for more.

Old
04-04-2013, 09:30 PM
Eddie Shack

Speaking of taking a game off, when is Teemu getting his maintenance day? It's not like he couldn't use it.

Old
04-04-2013, 09:46 PM
Eddie Shack

File this under...forgot to ask earlier:

With JDD gone, who is the emergency 3G? Andersen? Bobkov?

Old
04-04-2013, 10:37 PM
PuqTalk
@PuqOT on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
File this under...forgot to ask earlier:

With JDD gone, who is the emergency 3G? Andersen? Bobkov?
Andersen. He's having an excellent year in the AHL.

Also, is anyone else surprised at how quickly Etem is developing? This kid is a star in the making.

Old
04-04-2013, 10:56 PM
Eddie Shack

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuqTalk View Post
Which makes me wonder if they would yank him away from the Ads during a push for the playoffs in Norfolk just to sit the bench here. That's why, this year, JDD was the perfect 3G. We could leave Andersen in Norfolk to help out there since he really wouldn't be called to ANA to play.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:12 PM
bumperkisser

Quote:
Which makes me wonder if they would yank him away from the Ads during a push for the playoffs in Norfolk just to sit the bench here. That's why, this year, JDD was the perfect 3G. We could leave Andersen in Norfolk to help out there since he really wouldn't be called to ANA to play.
its not that big of a deal I don't think. maybe we'd call up bobkov, who knows? I wouldn't mind seeing bobkov

Old
04-05-2013, 11:13 AM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

Quote:
Their season ends a week before ours and assuming they make the playoffs it would be as the 8th seed and they probably won't last too long. There shouldn't be any issue with him being the third goalie.

Old
04-05-2013, 11:16 AM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Palmieri is pretty bad at ES defense. Holland is suspect at ES defense. Etem is probably the best of the three and it'd be a stretch to say he's competent at it at this point. There's no reason to expect they will do anything but fail if they get bumped up to first line minutes and match ups, and there is literally zero reason they should get those minutes over Perry, Ryan, Koivu, Cogliano, or Winnik.
I disagree wholeheartedly. Etem has been great in his own zone. I think the idea of those three playing as the top line is ludicrous but not because of their defensive abilities. Holland particularly has a very strong game Wednesday night defensively. But I mean those guys aren't aren't worse in their own zone than Getzlaf, Perry and Ryan.

Old
04-05-2013, 11:24 AM
Eddie Shack

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoeMan View Post
Their season ends a week before ours and assuming they make the playoffs it would be as the 8th seed and they probably won't last too long. There shouldn't be any issue with him being the third goalie.
Once they are done, I agree. But a Ducks emergency while the Ads are battling for a playoff spot or in the playoffs is what I kind of wonder about.

Old
04-05-2013, 11:33 AM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

Quote:
Once they are done, I agree. But a Ducks emergency while the Ads are battling for a playoff spot or in the playoffs is what I kind of wonder about.
If we're talking an emergency then Cousineau. Whoever it is won't play one way or the other unless both our goalies get hurt. If that's the case screw the Admirals, are needs come first and Andersen comes here.

Old
04-05-2013, 11:44 AM
PhoenyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuqTalk View Post

Also, is anyone else surprised at how quickly Etem is developing? This kid is a star in the making.
He's getting better every game. I have the feeling he is going to really break out in the playoffs like a few young stars have done in recent years (Subban and van Riemsdyk come to mind).

Old
04-05-2013, 12:05 PM
Eddie Shack

Quote:
If we're talking an emergency then Cousineau. Whoever it is won't play one way or the other unless both our goalies get hurt. If that's the case screw the Admirals, are needs come first and Andersen comes here.
Yeah, that's what I was questioning. If we just need a guy to come sit on the bench for an emergency I wouldn't want to take Andersen away from the Ads. If we found ourselves in need of an emergency starter then I agree our priorities come first and Andersen gets called up.

Old
04-05-2013, 01:23 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
I disagree wholeheartedly. Etem has been great in his own zone. I think the idea of those three playing as the top line is ludicrous but not because of their defensive abilities. Holland particularly has a very strong game Wednesday night defensively. But I mean those guys aren't aren't worse in their own zone than Getzlaf, Perry and Ryan.
Don't get me wrong, I think he's pretty good on the PK, and as a fore checker at ES. But at ES in the defensive zone he will go to the wrong man or the wrong place too frequently for me to think he's competent yet. I'd also disagree on Getzlaf - he's significantly better than any of those other players defensively. As is Perry, when he's not playing lazy. Holland had a good game playing the 4C, when he's been at 2C that line is a black hole defensively (granted, it always is, but he's not stood out as the competent one on it IMO).

Old
04-05-2013, 01:29 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

I definitely don't consider Etem anything more than competent defensively at even strength. The penalty kill is a different animal entirely, and it's more of a zone defense game. Also, as DVM said, Getzlaf is quite a bit better defensively than any of those three. Getzlaf has become a player who I have complete faith in defensively, and I don't know if there is a situation where I'd say "He doesn't belong out there."

Closed Thread