HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Playoffs: Sens or Leafs

View Poll Results: Leafs or Sens
Leafs 94 54.65%
Sens 42 24.42%
Same difference 36 20.93%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-04-2013, 10:30 PM
MoldyCakes
Fight, Troll, Score

vCash: 500
I don't understand French and don't live anywhere near Quebec, but the Antichambre postgame show gets bashed every time after a game and people always point out how RDS hugs Tampa so much here.

MoldyCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 03:56 AM
Lansdown

Why should CBC give them equal exposure? Is this the same philosophy behind having more rural ridings with smaller populations in federal politics? You don't think coverage should be roughly in proportion to the population of the country that would be interested? (Whether it actually is is another question.)

Lansdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 07:03 AM
IceHockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
I don't understand French and don't live anywhere near Quebec, but the Antichambre postgame show gets bashed every time after a game and people always point out how RDS hugs Tampa so much here.
AC deserves to get bashed. It is the worst sports-talk show I have seen; filled with attention-seeking old egos that like to hear themselves talk about anything. While they talk about anything, they don't discuss the Leafs because they don't care about them or this supposed "rivalry" they have with the Habs just like most Quebecers don't.

Tampa Bay gets coverage once in a while because it has a high contingent of Quebec players. If Montreal is out of the playoffs, they would root for Tampa Bay or maybe Ottawa.

IceHockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 07:13 AM
IceHockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lansdown View Post
Why should CBC give them equal exposure?
What is the point of a public broadcaster, then? Didn't Canadian taxpayers say that the CBC should be there to report on Canada as a whole? If yes, then why am I and every other Canadian that don't live in Southern Ontario sending taxes to support a public broadcaster that acts like a private broadcaster driven by numbers and, ultimately, profits? Let Toronto taxpayers fund this "public" Toronto-centric CBC, then.

I would love getting rid of the CBC altogether and getting my taxes back. I don't believe in public broadcasting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lansdown View Post
Is this the same philosophy behind having more rural ridings with smaller populations in federal politics? You don't think coverage should be roughly in proportion to the population of the country that would be interested? (Whether it actually is is another question.)
No and no.

IceHockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote