HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

It's Great To Be Nashville Predators Fan

Old
04-04-2013, 01:53 PM
The PH Factor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFG View Post
I don't have a Nashville video but last saturday Leksands IF made the jump back to the top swedish tier and because Forsberg played a big part in that team it is atleast a bit Nashville-oriented. (They're singing "We are back!")

Good luck in the future guys.
OMG what a great video! Been to Sweden and loved it (7-11s everywhere!!). Look forward to more Swedish fans with Hornqvist and Forsberg leading the way!

The PH Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 02:31 PM
AEM6729

I'll buy a beer for anyone who can find video of Vokoun jumping up and down as time ran out in our first shutout. It was awesome and I've never been able to find video of it on YouTube.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 06:13 PM
Machinehead
1st pair Boyle

vCash: 50
I don't have too many old memories, but let's see what I can muster since '11

I remember Weber tying it against the Ducks with under a minute to go and then Smithson winning it. I guess you could say that's the game that kind of started it all for me.

I remember watching that game with you guys and it was my first GDT on these boards and everyone was real cool and welcoming.

I remember Joel Ward going ape **** in the 2nd round against the Canucks

I remember the new yellow jerseys coming out. They said they were gold, but I lean more towards yellow

I remember 2012 as the year of the comeback and a return to home ice in the playoffs.

I remember using that home ice and the new uniforms to beat the piss out of Detroit and Weber slamming Zetterberg's head and then fighting Bertuzzi the next game. It was a great series.

I remember ****ing Radulov.....don't get me started.

I remember arguing with Viqsi in a Rick Nash thread, which was really more of a Rangers thing, but it's Viqsi so it counts

I remember Zach getting drafted and how cool it was to have connection of the two Stepan cousins in each organization.

I remember -and this is my personal favorite- waking up at noon one summer day, rolling my dead ass out of bed and before I did anything else went on HF (it was free agent time, it's like the morning news) and the first thing I see is "Nashville matches" and the captain was staying and I went parading around the house screaming and yelling and I freaked out my dad.

I remember buying my first Predators shirt during the offseason and my dad who's been a Rangers fan since 1951 looks at me and just shakes his head. There was only 6 teams back then, rooting for 2 is beyond is grasp. But I don't care what he thinks about it, I like the Preds, tough noogies!! Besides, there's 30 now I don't have to hate everyone. Just 28 of them

I remember spilling coffee on that shirt 2 days later: a rite of passage if you will.

I remember coming in here with a Rob Scuderi avatar, me being a Scuderi fan, and I forgot the Preds were playing the Kings and golfmade seeing the avy and he was like "C'MON MAN!!"

I remember Josi, man just Josi everywhere! HE'S AWESOME!!!!

Click here for Brassard Party
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 08:09 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle twin View Post
This is one of my favorite Preds moments. I literally couldn't sleep that night I was so excited from that game!
One of the best games I've ever attended. I'll never forget when Foppa won it for us. Incredible.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:11 PM
AintLifeGrand

Jealous y'all got to experience all those cool memories with an actual legit franchise. Last year's playoff run was better than anything I ever experienced with the Thrash and I am looking forward to some more cool playoff memories.

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:32 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post
Jealous y'all got to experience all those cool memories with an actual legit franchise. Last year's playoff run was better than anything I ever experienced with the Thrash and I am looking forward to some more cool playoff memories.
Ain't it the truth--- when I look back at it, and actually look at the results on paper, it is truly hard to believe the misery that Thrashers fans had to endure.

11 years- 1 playoff appearance, ZERO playoff wins- unbelievable......

To put that into perspective- lets assume the Preds miss the playoffs this year- to equal the Thrashers run, they would not get another playoff win until................. 2024!!

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:48 PM
Soundgarden

My Dad had been a fan of the Kings since the Purple/Gold era and then we moved to Washington where they didn't have an NHL team and when we moved here in '99 he was ecstatic to get a chance to see a brand new team. We bought several family packs over the years and we've had great memories at the games.

I remember meeting all the old preds, Houlder, Dunham, Vokoun, Skrastins(RIP), and my personal favorite Scott Walker. Back then I had a real bad studder/lisp combo and when I told him that we shared the same birthday he asked me what day that was and I kept studdering Jjjull jull jully july 19th. Not one of my favorite moments, but it was so exciting to meet an actual athlete that I didn't really care.

I remember listening in to a lot of the games. I remember when we got Sully and his first game got a hat trick.

I literally jumped up and down throughout our home when we one our first playoff game.

I've lost my voice several times, even when I wasn't at the games.

I was one of the only children with a Preds jersey, wore mine religiously, even in the spring and summer. If it's still at my parents house I wouldn't be surprised to see multiple stains.

Remember when it was a real possibility that this team might leave. Really is the worst moment a fan can have.

Forgot to mention the great brawls with Calgary. Vokoun vs. Iginla was great.

I'm very proud of this team, and I'm glad I've grown up with them in my life. Maybe one day I'll have kids and get to teach them about the game.

Last edited by Soundgarden: 04-05-2013 at 01:28 AM.
Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 07:26 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post

This. Not sure how many people remember our hatred of the Flames awhile back. I remember Trotz and their coach yelling at each other pretty badly. Fun times.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 08:34 PM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
This. Not sure how many people remember our hatred of the Flames awhile back. I remember Trotz and their coach yelling at each other pretty badly. Fun times.
Here's the game-ending brawl from back in 04. Vokey and Kipper ended up throwing down, too.

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 11:32 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

That was such a great moment! I thought Trotz was going to climb over the glass.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 03:25 AM
Preddownsouth

Not this lockout, but the last one that took the whole season, I remember going back after what seemed like forever to the first preseaon home game. I will never forget the chills and emotions I felt when the team took the ice accompanied by a thundering 'Lets go Predators' chant. For the *****ing I do sometimes, I never take for granted that we have a honest-to-God NHL team right here in Nashville.

Preddownsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 05:47 AM
The PH Factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneGuy View Post
Here's the game-ending brawl from back in 04. Vokey and Kipper ended up throwing down, too.

Lol, I love a good goalie fight!!

The PH Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 08:50 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I don't know. When I see a goalie fight it looks like sumo wrestling

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 10:54 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneGuy View Post

HAHA goalie fights are the BEST.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote