HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 4.0

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-03-2013, 06:02 PM
  #701
dackelljuneaubulis02
Registered User
 
dackelljuneaubulis02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown View Post
Right, but if we did have two more years before signing him, that's 2 more summers of getting him here for development camps to work with him and give him things to work on throughout the season.
Good call

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 09:34 AM
  #702
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Greenland
Posts: 26,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
Yeah but isn't the fact that he's in the Czech one of the reasons for his poor skating? The sooner he is with us to develop that part of his, the better right?
we'll see what management thinks if they sign him or not.

montreal is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 11:49 AM
  #703
S Bah
Registered User
 
S Bah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 6,584
vCash: 500
Pribyl will want to play in NA,to improve his skating and get used to the size and speed of the game.His game suits the NA style game and the Bulldogs can use help at center in the worst way.Having at least four centers with some chance of being an NHLer would probably improve the Bulldogs exponentially.Which is what it will take to get the team back into the Playoffs,with a shot at the Calder Trophy Title.

S Bah is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 12:39 PM
  #704
Fozz
Registered User
 
Fozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 6,794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
Yeah but isn't the fact that he's in the Czech one of the reasons for his poor skating? The sooner he is with us to develop that part of his, the better right?
Not sure. There's been a lot of excellent skater to come out of that part of the world. I'm sure they have very capable skating instructors there.

Fozz is online now  
Old
04-04-2013, 03:15 PM
  #705
dackelljuneaubulis02
Registered User
 
dackelljuneaubulis02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
Not sure. There's been a lot of excellent skater to come out of that part of the world. I'm sure they have very capable skating instructors there.
You'd think so but all I keep hearing is that a lot of Czech prospects seem to have problems with skating or speed. Just what I've heard.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 06:09 PM
  #706
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,304
vCash: 500
Czech league development in general has been horrible for the past 5-8 years.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 06:27 PM
  #707
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Czech league development in general has been horrible for the past 5-8 years.
Yup, they're getting bumped by Slovakia. The Czechs weren't there at the U-17.

QuebecPride is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 10:37 PM
  #708
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
The best
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 58,496
vCash: 567
The fact Pribyl hasn't been brought into Hamilton is not a good sign for his future in the org, IMO...

Ditto for Walsh.

(Prepares for backlash from their fans).

Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 10:56 PM
  #709
Et le But
Registered User
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
The fact Pribyl hasn't been brought into Hamilton is not a good sign for his future in the org, IMO...

Ditto for Walsh.

(Prepares for backlash from their fans).
Well, I'm a Pribyl fan but if the org has reached out to Nygren, you are probably right - after all, Kristo and Collberg are highly regarded second rounders, Nygren not so much. This could be the organization showing who is part of their plans and who isn't.

But Nygren is also, beyond having a great season, older, so it might just be trying to keep him interested when he's already guaranteed a safe career back home. Also news from the Czech Republic tends to be underreported.

However his 0 playoff points is ugly, so this could be it for the Pribyl era.

Et le But is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 11:35 PM
  #710
dackelljuneaubulis02
Registered User
 
dackelljuneaubulis02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
The fact Pribyl hasn't been brought into Hamilton is not a good sign for his future in the org, IMO...

Ditto for Walsh.

(Prepares for backlash from their fans).
I'm hoping it's more a numbers game. They very well can't bring them all to Hamilton
So they bring up the more highly touted ones. As much as I want to see them both signed (more out of curiosity sake) I can see them passing on Walsh. Don't see why they'd pass on Pribyl unless they are planning on signing a bunch of undrafted players.

MB might just be waiting a bit on the lower rung ones to see if he can do a bit better.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 11:55 PM
  #711
SergeConstantin74
Always right.
 
SergeConstantin74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,460
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Yup, they're getting bumped by Slovakia. The Czechs weren't there at the U-17.
No wonder more and more Czechs are coming to CHL. They had 12 CHLers in the last WJC.

SergeConstantin74 is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 06:45 AM
  #712
S Bah
Registered User
 
S Bah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 6,584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post
Anyone knows if the Habs have 4 years or 2 years to sign Pribyl?

Found this :


http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/CBA...2013%20(1).pdf

Not sure if this applies to players drafted before the CBA
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I heard 2 years but I was hoping for 4 as the extra time to work on his skating would benefit him.
He will always have to work on his foot speed and skating to remain a pro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
Yeah but isn't the fact that he's in the Czech one of the reasons for his poor skating? The sooner he is with us to develop that part of his, the better right?
The Habs are acutely aware after the summer camp last year and I believe they will want Danny here training and playing in Hamilton,hands on operation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown View Post
Right, but if we did have two more years before signing him, that's 2 more summers of getting him here for development camps to work with him and give him things to work on throughout the season.
Watching the improvements he's made since last summer,I hope warrants bringing him over.Having Pierre Allard working on his conditioning as well as their Skating coach will certainly speed up the process.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
Not sure. There's been a lot of excellent skater to come out of that part of the world. I'm sure they have very capable skating instructors there.
That's true but having him playing in the system and learning to adjust his skating technique,in the Habs backyard so to speak,can only be the smart move in developing good habits.Not only this but playing in our arena's his learning in all areas will come together smoothly and much quicker.He already speaks more than passable English and playing in the NHL is his life's dream,as he told us fans when he was drafted.Given the tools to work with Danny could surprise many and be ready in 2-3 yrs.just my humble opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
You'd think so but all I keep hearing is that a lot of Czech prospects seem to have problems with skating or speed. Just what I've heard.
There is so much talent with the Czech's,their government should be assisting the development of their youth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Czech league development in general has been horrible for the past 5-8 years.
It hasn't always been this way like you say,the capitalist reform hasn't taken the toll to the economy created.
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Yup, they're getting bumped by Slovakia. The Czechs weren't there at the U-17.
Slovakia's pride for such a smaller population they insure their Child Program's are kept up with other countries with far bigger budgets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
The fact Pribyl hasn't been brought into Hamilton is not a good sign for his future in the org, IMO...

Ditto for Walsh.

(Prepares for backlash from their fans).
I think not it seems that Bergevin's signings are being taken care of quickly and as efficiently as time permits,as in time they too will have their opportunities as pros.

S Bah is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 07:07 AM
  #713
S Bah
Registered User
 
S Bah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 6,584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Well, I'm a Pribyl fan but if the org has reached out to Nygren, you are probably right - after all, Kristo and Collberg are highly regarded second rounders, Nygren not so much. This could be the organization showing who is part of their plans and who isn't.

But Nygren is also, beyond having a great season, older, so it might just be trying to keep him interested when he's already guaranteed a safe career back home. Also news from the Czech Republic tends to be underreported.

However his 0 playoff points is ugly, so this could be it for the Pribyl era.
We the Hab fanatics we are, have no doubt seen the pretty goals Danny has scored this season.The kid literally can stickhandle in a phonebooth,there aren't many players with that ability,add to that the vision he displays while undressing two sometimes three players,with the proper development he could be the #2 centerman behind Galchenyuk in a few years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
I'm hoping it's more a numbers game. They very well can't bring them all to Hamilton
So they bring up the more highly touted ones. As much as I want to see them both signed (more out of curiosity sake) I can see them passing on Walsh. Don't see why they'd pass on Pribyl unless they are planning on signing a bunch of undrafted players.

MB might just be waiting a bit on the lower rung ones to see if he can do a bit better.
Bergevin likes developing the players on his team,the drafted players were picked by the talents they have and the upside due to character,desire and their love of the game.So I will never presume to know his next moves,only that they will be what's best for the team.

S Bah is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 01:44 PM
  #714
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
The best
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 58,496
vCash: 567
Bozon just tweeted he's travelling to Kelowna with the team. Hopefully a sign he's close to a return. There are also some people claiming he's day-to-day on twitter.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 02:30 PM
  #715
That
Registered User
 
That's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
The fact Pribyl hasn't been brought into Hamilton is not a good sign for his future in the org, IMO...

Ditto for Walsh.

(Prepares for backlash from their fans).
It definitely is not a good sign. As someone who is quite high on Pribyl, I do think it would be a mistake to not sign him, but it clearly isn't my decision to make. His beginning of the season plus poor play in the playoffs won't do him any favours.

However, injury could also be the reason why Pribyl hasn't been brought to Hamilton. In game four of the playoffs he got absolutely destroyed in the corner and had to be helped off the ice. He was scratched for game five, but returned for both games six and seven. He saw very limited ice time and, for what it's worth, I don't remember him taking any faceoffs either.

That is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 02:36 PM
  #716
niftymove
Registered User
 
niftymove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 350
vCash: 500
That must be the reason why.

Because an ATO would have make sense to evaluate Pribyl in a NA environment.

Unless his skating his that much horrible, a player his size with his hands should have a serious try before quiting on him.

niftymove is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 02:51 PM
  #717
Rozz
Registered User
 
Rozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Kamloops B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Bozon just tweeted he's travelling to Kelowna with the team. Hopefully a sign he's close to a return. There are also some people claiming he's day-to-day on twitter.
Yes he's supposed to be back and playing.. I work at the interior saving center in kamloops which is the blazers home .. And that's what all the blazer staff around here have been saying .. So ..Yay! Go bozon!

Edit: now that is the rumour from the staff.. Don't take that as absolute truth.. I don't want ppl to not take me seriously if he doesn't play

Rozz is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 02:54 PM
  #718
niftymove
Registered User
 
niftymove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 350
vCash: 500
Looks like Nygren has some grit reading his last tweet after defeat against BK:


Magnusnygrenn I tell you one thing! It's not ****in over! #fbkse

niftymove is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 03:34 PM
  #719
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
Yes he's supposed to be back and playing.. I work at the interior saving center in kamloops which is the blazers home .. And that's what all the blazer staff around here have been saying .. So ..Yay! Go bozon!

Edit: now that is the rumour from the staff.. Don't take that as absolute truth.. I don't want ppl to not take me seriously if he doesn't play
As long as he's back soon. I want him dominating a little as the only junior we have left....

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 04:13 PM
  #720
Rozz
Registered User
 
Rozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Kamloops B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
As long as he's back soon. I want him dominating a little as the only junior we have left....
I've got no worries for this kid.. I've been watching him all year and he's gonna be a great nhler In my opinion .. And he only played 3 play off games .. One he got 2 goals and one he got hurt.. The other one was kinda meh..but I think if he hadn't of been hurt he would be piling up the points .. The Kid is awesome

Rozz is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 05:35 PM
  #721
Redux91
I do Three bullets.
 
Redux91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montreal West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,226
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
lol sigh , this threads gonna lose a bit of "panazz" with kristo gone

could always count on him for a 1 g 1 a performance to lift spirits up around here lol

Redux91 is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 06:46 PM
  #722
LaurentHabs
Wat.
 
LaurentHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
lol sigh , this threads gonna lose a bit of "panazz" with kristo gone

could always count on him for a 1 g 1 a performance to lift spirits up around here lol
Do you mean that This thread is going to go "Cold"?

LaurentHabs is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 08:47 AM
  #723
Dr Quincy
Registered User
 
Dr Quincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 17,188
vCash: 500
Hope you guys don't mind a question from an outsider (and yes it's because I'm in a sim league):

I noticed on the prospects board there was a thread about every team's roster 5 years from now. I noticed that a lot of Habs fans had Dietz in there, but not Nygren. I was a little surprised by that.

Is Dietz seen as the higher rated prospect by the org? If so, just wondering what gives him the edge. Is it that he's already in the fold or is it also that he has more upside?

Dr Quincy is online now  
Old
04-06-2013, 08:57 AM
  #724
Draft
Registered User
 
Draft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Hope you guys don't mind a question from an outsider (and yes it's because I'm in a sim league):

I noticed on the prospects board there was a thread about every team's roster 5 years from now. I noticed that a lot of Habs fans had Dietz in there, but not Nygren. I was a little surprised by that.

Is Dietz seen as the higher rated prospect by the org? If so, just wondering what gives him the edge. Is it that he's already in the fold or is it also that he has more upside?
I'd say it's because he played in the CHL and Nygren doesn't get a lot of press. I think they're very similar players and have very similar potential.

Draft is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 09:01 AM
  #725
niftymove
Registered User
 
niftymove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 350
vCash: 500
We dont have many opportunities to see Nygren play, but we can see many games of the Blades, so Nygren lacks of visibility here.

Nygren is perceived more like an offensive D, a PP specialist with flaws on his defensive side. Dietz is a more rounded prospect and is 3 years younger.

But both of them improved over their weaknesses this year. We saw it in the case of Diets, we heard of it in the case of Nygren.

We really need to see them playing in Hamilton to make better comparison.

niftymove is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.