HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lets talk about Dave Bolland

Old
04-04-2013, 11:37 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
BWC wanted him traded and/or waived prior to the deadline and there's numerous fans calling for him to be scratched and/or demoted to the 4th line.

I'm just having a lil fun with it.
Ugh. My mistake, then. I didn't realize some were that dim

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:45 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLarmer28 View Post
Who really cares if Bolland scores a garbage time goal in a blowout against a lousy backup goaltender?

When is Bolland going to show up in the third period of a tie game?
The goal Bolland actually scored was a beauty and a snipe. The 1st goal was Jedi mind control, but that's what Bolland can do when he's desperate.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:50 PM
SLarmer28

Quote:
The goal Bolland actually scored was a beauty and a snipe. The 1st goal was Jedi mind control, but that's what Bolland can do when he's desperate.
You're really reaching these days and I'm not in a humorous mood right now.

SLarmer28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:55 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLarmer28 View Post
You're really reaching these days and I'm not in a humorous mood right now.

Old
04-05-2013, 12:31 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Dave Bolland is on the same point pace he is on for his career avg. He isn't having some career bad year or anything. The only reason it's noticeable is because he is on the 2nd line. If he was on the 3rd line where he is best, people wouldn't be calling for his head the way they are.

Is it Bollands fault he is playing a position he isn't suited for?

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 12:45 AM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
Dave Bolland is on the same point pace he is on for his career avg. He isn't having some career bad year or anything. The only reason it's noticeable is because he is on the 2nd line. If he was on the 3rd line where he is best, people wouldn't be calling for his head the way they are.

Is it Bollands fault he is playing a position he isn't suited for?
First off, my beef with Bolland is that he's not trying. He has absolutely zero interest in the offensive zone, doesn't bother to forecheck and skates in the opposite direction at the first sign that the Hawks might lose possession of the puck in the next thirty seconds.

Secondly, his career to this point was playing less minutes and with scrubs. Given that he's being dragged up and down the ice by one of the best offensive players in the entire league, he could get freebee points even if he never left the d-zone. This would imply, to me at least, that he's producing at a level far below his career norms.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:02 AM
Hawkaholic

Bolland may have been -2 last night, but neither goal was directly his fault, and he could of done nothing different to change the goals.

That's why +/- is a BS stat.

Hawkaholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:05 AM
Ace Rothstein
Aces High

vCash: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Bolland may have been -2 last night, but neither goal was directly his fault, and he could of done nothing different to change the goals.

That's why +/- is a BS stat.
The goals were most definitely not his fault but Bolland was trash last night. The 2nd line was completely ineffective the entire game.

Ace Rothstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:05 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
The goals were most definitely not his fault but Bolland was trash last night. The 2nd line was completely ineffective the entire game.
I'm not arguing that, just stating why +/- is a BS stat.

Hawkaholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:20 AM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
I'm not arguing that, just stating why +/- is a BS stat.
Nah it's not BS. Kane's 1st shift away from Bolly, goal. Quite common.

Marotte Marauder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:39 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
Nah it's not BS. Kane's 1st shift away from Bolly, goal. Quite common.
Well ya, he's playing with Toews.

Illinihockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:52 AM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
First off, my beef with Bolland is that he's not trying. He has absolutely zero interest in the offensive zone, doesn't bother to forecheck and skates in the opposite direction at the first sign that the Hawks might lose possession of the puck in the next thirty seconds.

Secondly, his career to this point was playing less minutes and with scrubs. Given that he's being dragged up and down the ice by one of the best offensive players in the entire league, he could get freebee points even if he never left the d-zone. This would imply, to me at least, that he's producing at a level far below his career norms.
It's called playing a responsible game defensively. I love to watch Patrick Kane on offense as much as the next guy, but he needs that kind of line mate with all the risks he takes. That kind of support will be needed in the PO's.

And MM:

We know your views on Bolland, okay? Why do you bother to keep repeating the same thing using slightly different wording? We get it, okay. You’re obsession is getting as annoying as the Kruger love shown by some last season. Please drop it.

And btw, I’m as critical as the next guy but I also cheer for all Hawk players to succeed. (my wife thinks I’m a bit too avid when I regularly yell at the TV with colourful language). I get the impression that you enjoy it when you see certain Hawk players struggle, especially Bolland. Do you? It certainly seems so.

BobbyJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:00 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Nobody showed Kruger "love" last year, or at least not much of it, but there were a few - myself included - that defended the rookie, in his first N.A season, from a lot of the same ridiculousness that's been directed towards Bolland this year.

Old
04-05-2013, 10:06 AM
McDooRoo

I don't have a big issue with Bolland, mostly because I know what to expect from him, so he doesn't have any expectations to live up to with me.

If it wasnt for his offensive skill Kane would irritate me much more because on defense he's horrible and takes far too many chances. Oh and there's the lack of any physical hitting.

McDooRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:18 AM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDooRoo View Post
If it wasnt for his offensive skill Kane would irritate me much more because on defense he's horrible and takes far too many chances. Oh and there's the lack of any physical hitting.
This is a totally vapid statement.

"If it wasn't for that one asset that got him into the NHL in the first place, I wouldn't like him."

Kane is here to play offense because he's one of the best in the world at it. If you're complaining about any aspect of Kane's game this season, you're really just looking for things to complain about.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:32 AM
McDooRoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
This is a totally vapid statement.

"If it wasn't for that one asset that got him into the NHL in the first place, I wouldn't like him."

Kane is here to play offense because he's one of the best in the world at it. If you're complaining about any aspect of Kane's game this season, you're really just looking for things to complain about.
Nowhere did I say I wouldn't like him. I said irritate me more.

I didnt just start watching hockey yesterday. I obviously know what got Kane to the NHL. Toews didn't get to the NHL because of his fighting skill, but he still has shown some toughness.

Yes, I'm looking for things to complain about you figured it out

Old
04-05-2013, 10:36 AM
Kane At Mifflin

Quote:

I didnt just start watching hockey yesterday. I obviously know what got Kane to the NHL. Toews didn't get to the NHL because of his fighting skill, but he still has shown some toughness.

Toews only fights people that are thrones in his side (Thornton, Backes, etc). He has a history with them guys. I can't think of anybody Kane has a history with like that. I'm glad he tries to get back at other teams by putting the puck in the net and not running around looking to display "toughness" by taking dumb penalties.

Kane At Mifflin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:38 AM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
And MM:

We know your views on Bolland, okay? Why do you bother to keep repeating the same thing using slightly different wording? We get it, okay. You’re obsession is getting as annoying as the Kruger love shown by some last season. Please drop it.

I get the impression that you enjoy it when you see certain Hawk players struggle, especially Bolland. Do you? It certainly seems so.
So the apologists can freely post when he does the odd good play?

The point is, you spotted Kruger's weaknesses last year as did I correctly so. You don't count on Crawford, nor do I, rightly so.

I want the team to win the Cup every year, so I will continue to point out the deadwood.

There are new people on the board every day, if you and I disagree about a player or 2, fine.

But for some to dismiss the Bolland criticism is ridiculous, he has stunk up the building but for a game or 2.

Old
04-05-2013, 10:39 AM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Well ya, he's playing with Toews.
...and Bolly's playing with Kane...and still can't play. Your point?

Old
04-05-2013, 10:41 AM
Sevanston

Quote:

If Kane's offense dried up, he wouldn't irritate you more because he wouldn't be in the NHL.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:42 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
...and Bolly's playing with Kane...and still can't play. Your point?
The statement that Kane scores when he's away from Bolland is silly because of course he scores more when he's on a line with Toews, Toews is one of the 5 best players in the world.

Old
04-05-2013, 10:44 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
The statement that Kane scores when he's away from Bolland is silly because of course he scores more when he's on a line with Toews, Toews is one of the 5 best players in the world.
I don't know that he's a top 5 forward, let alone player...but carry on.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Nobody showed Kruger "love" last year, or at least not much of it, but there were a few - myself included - that defended the rookie, in his first N.A season, from a lot of the same ridiculousness that's been directed towards Bolland this year.
It's funny, it really is. I wonder why nobody called out Stalberg lately with his goal drought he ended last night

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
McDooRoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetEmKnow View Post
Toews only fights people that are thrones in his side (Thornton, Backes, etc). He has a history with them guys. I can't think of anybody Kane has a history with like that. I'm glad he tries to get back at other teams by putting the puck in the net and not running around looking to display "toughness" by taking dumb penalties.
I don't want stupid penalties being taken. I think most of it with Kane with me is there are numerous times where he could've checked a guy and he doesn't.

But, I really like Kane and obviously he wasnt brought here to be Wayne Simmonds or anything.

Old
04-05-2013, 10:45 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
I don't know that he's a top 5 forward, let alone player...but carry on.
Name 5 forwards better than Toews. Definitively you can say Crosby and thats probably about it.