HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers lose 4-0

Old
04-05-2013, 01:24 AM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins

vCash: 500
Meh, wasn't actually that pissed at the team. We had a nice run that was probably unsustainable (seriously how many 1st period goals did we have during that stretch), and the team got a little complacent after playing the Abbotsfort Heat twice. Nothing like a good ass kicking to get them back on track.

I was how ever, absolutely disgusted by the reffing this game. Seriously they missed so many calls it wasn't even funny.

Trafalgar Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 01:26 AM
ItsHemmerTime

Time to start a new streak on Saturday.

ItsHemmerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 01:27 AM
Sheikyerbouti

Meh

Theses are the important games that our team needs to play more of. I though we looked nervous tonight until the third and then we got frustrated. Veterans needed to step up.

A lot of short passes were in people knees tonight.

Sheikyerbouti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOilRising View Post
Agreed. Was looking at his tweets when I was firing at him and he is a pretentious jerk.
He's incredibly sensitive for somebody who has a national television stage. Very unprofessional.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Oiltankjob Fail

vCash: 50
Not surprised they lost, they tried but if you guys know the mind is willing and the legs not that was the case tonight. Krueger should of injected fresh legs . With that being said please take Smyth out call up Hartikainen take Jones out as well. Looking forward to Smithson not mad at team. Yakupov was best Oiler Hall was ok just no luck , Hemsky was bad as well as Gagner . Whitney looked like earlier this season.

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jeff Lebowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Bieber View Post
jones and smyth
Why are so many people coming down on Jones lately? I thought that he's been working pretty hard out there.

Jeff Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
oilersfan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
You have a short memory...whats the teams record with Horcoff out of the lineup?

Horcoff is a difference maker with this team.
That's scary if you think about it.

oilersfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 01:28 AM
Doppler Drift

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
Can someone please post on what purpose Shawn Horcoff has with this team?

The Oilers won't be a contender until his contract is off the books.
10 S. Horcoff C 0 0 0 0 0 2 2 1 0 1 72% 18:41

Since the poster you replied to was asking about faceoffs.

Doppler Drift is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 01:28 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Nucks were playing their A game, at home, and had the edge all night over a tired Oilers club. That the refs handed the nucks the opening goal on a brutal series of calls was the straw.

Once the Nucks got the lead in this one they were able to play rope a dope the rest of the way.

Really bad execution by Oilers tonight though. A stubborn determination the whole game to force plays instead of be patient and work the cycle. We needed to possess the puck a lot more and be content with that. We rarely were.

Hemsky, awful night. N Schultz? ****, why is this guy here? Useless all night, typified by Gagner working the puck well in the 3rd, evading 3 Canucks, retaining puck, after hard work makes a routine pass back to the point which N Schultz, half asleep flubs...That play typified the execution on the night.

Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 01:29 AM
McRib
2nd Rate Fan

I unfollowed Cox after the lockout was over because I got sick and tired of all the Leaf crap. But whatever, he works at the Toronto Sun/Star. Subpar journalist that just likes to stir the **** with his pencil.

Anyways... I kind of expected a loss tonight. Oilers were a bit gassed, and Vancouver was pretty well rested. Plus you knew they were going to come out hard against us after what happened on Saturday night. We'll still win the season series when we host 'em back at Rexall later this month.

It isn't the end of the world, we weren't going to run the table with wins anyways. Lots of games left still.

Brutally officiated game though. Lots of missed calls on both ends. Just don't get how a hard high stick to the head doesn't get called and a visor grazer does.

Oh well.

Time to put it away and move onto the next one. Can't get too high, can't get too low.

McRib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 01:30 AM
oilersfan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopelessOilFan View Post
i'm hoping this was sarcastic?

We are at the point now where thats the only thing that will help us move forward.

More young hotshots are not going to help this team learn to win, or break into the league at 18 and be a physical force.

We need to start attracting these guys asap..

Teams that are ready to compete in the playoffs don't have a horrible contract like Horcoff's.

Old
04-05-2013, 01:30 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

So when would've been the right time for Brown to do something in this game? Next game?

Isn't this type of game EXACTLY why you have a Mike Brown in the lineup? I missed anything that he did tonight other than taking up a spot.

Old
04-05-2013, 01:31 AM
awesomo
HARD!

i wasnt expecting a win so its not a big deal to me

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 01:31 AM
Hemskyfanboy83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Nucks were playing their A game, at home, and had the edge all night over a tired Oilers club. That the refs handed the nucks the opening goal on a brutal series of calls was the straw.

Once the Nucks got the lead in this one they were able to play rope a dope the rest of the way.

Really bad execution by Oilers tonight though. A stubborn determination the whole game to force plays instead of be patient and work the cycle. We needed to possess the puck a lot more and be content with that. We rarely were.

Hemsky, awful night. N Schultz? ****, why is this guy here? Useless all night, typified by Gagner working the puck well in the 3rd, evading 3 Canucks, retaining puck, after hard work makes a routine pass back to the point which N Schultz, half asleep flubs...That play typified the execution on the night.
Ya that was a great play by Gagner. He took a nothing situation and fought to create something decent out of it. N. Schultz is just brutal in the offensive zone period.

Also agree on Hemsky. He has been completely lifeless since the Columbus game. Not sure what the nagging injury is, but I think he needs to be demoted and have Yakupov take his spot on that line.

Hemskyfanboy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 01:32 AM
TheNumber4

Officiating was retarded tonight.

Oilers looked dead tired. Canucks didn't look great either, they just ran into a super tired Oilers team.

Sad to see all the points streaks stop for players and for the team... But it had to happen sometime. Expecting to win tonight would be greedy, let's get one next game!

TheNumber4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 01:32 AM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 128
Quote:
Teams that are ready to compete in the playoffs don't have a horrible contract like Horcoff's.
Roberto Luongo says howdy.

GreatKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 01:33 AM
TheNumber4

Quote:
So when would've been the right time for Brown to do something in this game? Next game?

Isn't this type of game EXACTLY why you have a Mike Brown in the lineup? I missed anything that he did tonight other than taking up a spot.
Brown had a nice offensive run. But yeh, on a night like tonight and after the gooning Bieksa did last game, it would have been nice to see Brown smash from UGLY BIEKSA FACE IN.

Old
04-05-2013, 01:34 AM
CantHaveTkachev
not allowed!

meh, tired team playing 5 games in 7 nights

forget about it and move on

going 2-2 on this road trip is was always the expectation anyways

CantHaveTkachev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
oilersfan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Roberto Luongo says howdy.
Luongo can get you deep in the playoffs.Shawn Horcoff gets paid big bucks to just win the important faceoffs and provide leadership.

Old
TheNumber4

Quote:
That play actually wasn't offside. I rewatched it twice on PVR. Didn't exit the blue paint.

Old
04-05-2013, 01:35 AM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 128
Quote:
Luongo can get you deep in the playoffs.Shawn Horcoff gets paid big bucks to just win the important faceoffs and provide leadership.
And we all know Shawn Horcoff has never gone deep in the playoffs with the Oilers before.

GreatKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 01:36 AM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNumber4 View Post
Brown had a nice offensive run. But yeh, on a night like tonight and after the gooning Bieksa did last game, it would have been nice to see Brown smash from UGLY BIEKSA FACE IN.
I picked up Brown on my fantasy team hoping to get some PIMs... You let me down mister!!

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 01:37 AM
nabob
Hall for captain

Brown had a beauty shift to start the game where he nailed a Canuck defender causing a turnover and a couple of scoring chances. Then at the end of the shift he busted his ass and had a great back check to break up a scoring chance against. Why the hell is one of the only forwards who played his role well tonight getting crapped on? While a certain poster is pumping the tires of his favorite player who may have been the worst Oiler on the ice tonight in an attempt to slag Schultz?

nabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 01:37 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNumber4 View Post
Nucks were pissing me off tonight so in a rare moment I was advocating violence and brutality.

Gotta say it though. In Browns last two fights he's been the bleeder and getting tagged regularly with some heavy bombs. He just ain't any good as a hockey player, not so good fighting either. The list of what he is good at is short if it exists.

Old
04-05-2013, 01:38 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
There are horrible contracts on every damn team in the league. NHL GM's are stupid.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote