HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thank you Marian Gaborik!!!

Old
04-05-2013, 05:08 AM
SoftEuro4thLiner

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back Avery View Post
I always liked Gaborik ever since he first came here. He's a great sniper and always seemed very humble and soft spoken. Plus, i like the way they say his name in the EA NHL games...Marian Gaaaaborik!
The pronunciation is pretty accurate for EA's standards. It's actually Mariaaan Gaaaboriiik.

SoftEuro4thLiner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 05:12 AM
Krishna

He's a good guy. He's exciting to watch when his offense isn't being stifled. Hops Columbus makes the playoffs and he goes on a tear.

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 07:12 AM
Oak
Hockey fan

Hey Marian, if you read this I am glad you are gone. No thanks from me.

Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 07:58 AM
MadHookUp

vCash: 500
I desperately wanted the Rangers to sign Gaborik, and I desperately wanted them to trade him. I don't remember the last time he scored a goal with that amazing release and power. It just seemed the puck was in the back of the net before you even noticed his stick moving. Now all his goals seems to be garbage goals around the crease area.

What really irritated me was Gaborik' lazy forchecking. We could be down by a goal with a minute remaining, we dump the puck in, and Gaborik is just floating in... putting no pressure on the defenseman... and puck is cleared. As a teammate who works his hardest game in and game out, it has to be frustrating to watch this. If Gaborik worked 75% as hard as Callahan, I can't imagine it would hurt his goal output.

MadHookUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 08:05 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by PromNite View Post

Also, you just said that Gabby had no chance of winning your heart, so I don't know why you're raining on the parade of people posting in a "Thank you Gabby" thread.
Wait I'm raining on parades now? Don't think I said anything negative about the people who miss him, or Gaborik himself, in fact I wished him luck and thanked him. Just stated my opinion. You're being a touch sensitive about this whole thing, I understand why, I'm not picking on you...

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 08:07 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Gotta admit, watching Dubisnky and Gabby putting home that winner for Columbus last night made a tiny tear drop out of my eye.

But if Gaborik decided to show that type of game and quick move around the defenseman at the net with the Rangers, he wouldnt be in Columbus right now.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 08:19 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Gotta admit, watching Dubisnky and Gabby putting home that winner for Columbus last night made a tiny tear drop out of my eye.

But if Gaborik decided to show that type of game and quick move around the defenseman at the net with the Rangers, he wouldnt be in Columbus right now.
Possibly, but eventually he'd be traded, one way or the other.

04-05-2013, 08:46 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Agree, just not during the deadline most likely.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:05 AM
tjs252

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Unfortunately.

Though I do wonder if we would have pulled of the trade for Nash with the benefit of knowing the cap would shrink as much as it did.

In any event, I'm happy to see Gaborik in a good spot. Being on a line last night wit Prospal and Anisimov was fitting. Perhaps if we had tried to accommodate our star sniper the way most other teams would have, that line would be here in NY.

I am still clinging to slight hope we have a reunion in the future as he's one of the few big names that didn't crumble under the New York pressure. Hopefully we as an organization soon realize jam only belongs on toast.

tjs252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:37 AM
Cake or Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I guess I stopped thinking like that after my teenage years.
And yet you make an immature statement like that and can't understand that a favorite player is simply an opinion and everyone should have a right to their own opinion? How impressive.

Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 02:53 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
Some of you guys need to get a grip. I was as pissed off as anyone but who cries over a guy who has been here for all of four years leaving?
I cried when Jagr left and when Cherapanov passed away, but I was only 11 and was already a religious follower for the team. I felt a bit more emotional on this because we got a garbage return for my favorite positional player on the team. I don't think he was the problem.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 02:57 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjs252 View Post
Though I do wonder if we would have pulled of the trade for Nash with the benefit of knowing the cap would shrink as much as it did.
We knew the cap would drop. Everyone knew. The only quesitons were how far and when would they settle on that number.

And despite the NHL's attempts otherwise, everyone knew there would have to be amnesty buyouts. The Rangers were prepared. The may not get everything right, but they know how to manipulate the cap.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 03:10 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laces out Dan View Post
And yet you make an immature statement like that and can't understand that a favorite player is simply an opinion and everyone should have a right to their own opinion? How impressive.
I just gave you my opinion. Thank you very much.

Its not that I dont understand that Gaborik could be someones favorite player, I just think its stupid.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 03:21 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:

Its not that I dont understand that Gaborik could be someones favorite player, I just think its stupid.
Ok dude. We get it. Everyone's favorite player has to be Callahan.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 03:42 PM
Cake or Death

Quote:

Therein lies the irony: it's okay for you to freely give your opinion, thank you very much, but when someone else does the same it's stupid. Makes perfect sense.

Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 04:18 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
Some of you guys need to get a grip. I was as pissed off as anyone but who cries over a guy who has been here for all of four years leaving?
I nearly cried. At work. I watch every single game. I had season tickets for 10 years growing up. He was one of the best Rangers in that time to throw on a uniform. I'm to young to remember 94'. I was here for the black years. I was here for the Jagr era. I'm here now.

In Rangers history only 3 players have done what he did and he did it in 3 years on a team that could barely provide offense otherwise. He had a large impact on this team, whether you want to believe it or not.

He didn't block shots and he didn't throw hits, but that's not who he was, ever. I never expected him to be that. He was always classy and i believe he always tried hard. It didn't look like it sometimes, because he's not ryan callahan.

I hope he does well, I'll always love and respect him as a player. He is something special.

Anyone who doesn't see that, fine, but let's not act like a guy has to be here for a decade to make an impact. For many of the younger generation, this was arguably the greatest Ranger they have seen play. Jagr was better when he was here, but he didn't have a prime hank or the great D that Gabby was surrounded with, so the team didn't shine as much.

Last year was a team we all became invested in. Gabby was a HUGE part of that team. I'm more open to the trade than I was when it happened. But to us who loved Gaborik and respected what he brought, three essential role players is not what we were expecting in return. I hope they become loved and I hope they help bring a cup to NY, but at first sight, it's hard to stomach.

16 To Stanley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 04:21 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:

You know what i think is stupid, this opinion. Why can't a guy, who was top 5 in scoring 2 out of his 4 years as a Ranger be someone's favorite player.

Some people like, you know, goals, not just hitting/jam.

That's like saying why is Alex Rodriguez someones favorite player. Ummmm we like seeing home runs..

Old
04-05-2013, 04:51 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
He's a good guy. He's exciting to watch when his offense isn't being stifled. Hops Columbus makes the playoffs and he goes on a tear.
You have a lot of VCash.

Gabby owns Hank. He's gonna light it up when he plays us.

Old
04-05-2013, 05:00 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
You have a lot of VCash.

Gabby owns Hank. He's gonna light it up when he plays us.
5 goal game?

Old
04-05-2013, 05:00 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
5 goal game?
Something like that.

Old
04-05-2013, 05:01 PM
SRTtoZ

I've always liked the guy but you could just tell he didnt belong here. He was very quiet, by himself and just didnt fit into the new york state of mind. This trade seems to be the best for both teams.

SRTtoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 05:22 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTtoZ View Post
I've always liked the guy but you could just tell he didnt belong here. He was very quiet, by himself and just didnt fit into the new york state of mind. This trade seems to be the best for both teams.
Were you in the lockerroom? If not then this is total BS, because from all observations his teammates loved him.

Old
04-05-2013, 05:45 PM
Crazed Beaver

vCash: 844
Glad to see you go Marion. You had much success when you were committed but your inconsistent effort wasn't cutting it. It's shocking considering your pay that you dogged it so much this yr. Best of luck to you with the hope that you play like you have a set instead of a skirt.

Crazed Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 01:06 AM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I cried when Jagr left and when Cherapanov passed away, but I was only 11 and was already a religious follower for the team. I felt a bit more emotional on this because we got a garbage return for my favorite positional player on the team. I don't think he was the problem.
Amen.

I still miss Gabby. I'm not gonna openly weep about it or start a support group... but Gaborik was a meaningful player for this team. More meaningful than anyone not named Lundqvist or Callahan.

Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 01:08 AM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Quote:

Dude, really? This is a thread to praise a player that a lot of fans will miss. There is an "Ignore Thread" feature. You should look into it.

PromNite is offline   Reply With Quote