HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Trade offers that did not get accepted

Old
04-05-2013, 08:02 AM
Gliff
Kesbae

vCash: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
A radio station here in Phoenix reported that Philadelphia offered Couturier, Read, a 1st, and a 2nd for Yandle+

Either the radio station was bluffing, or the deal was turned down.
If this is true then Coturier's value is much much lower then what Philly fans like to think it is on here...

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 08:08 AM
Trobes

vCash: 500
Anyone ever find out what that Washington trade was supposed to be? Rumor I heard here in Buffalo was Ovi for Miller, Stafford and a lot of picks...

Only reason I ask was because there was all the build up with Washington telling everyone to "be at the press conference".

Trobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 08:11 AM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trobes View Post
Anyone ever find out what that Washington trade was supposed to be? Rumor I heard here in Buffalo was Ovi for Miller, Stafford and a lot of picks...

Only reason I ask was because there was all the build up with Washington telling everyone to "be at the press conference".
I thought it was the Erat trade?

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 08:12 AM
Trobes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
I thought it was the Erat trade?
Oh I thought that Erat trade was just a minor move since Washington was making a big deal about being at their press conference.

Trobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 08:15 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segnasty19 View Post
Iginla for Koko, Bartkowski, 1st

I couldn't resist sorry it was too easy
Actually if you think about it that deal did not get turned down, it was accepted just that the player wasn't willing to waive to go there

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 08:27 AM
Reign Nateo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Keeping him this season doesn't help anymore than having Scrivens on the bench. I doubt there is an offer that good in the offseason if he did turn it down it was a foolish move.
So the Canucks are better off with Scrivens backing up Schneider and a draft pick, rather than having Luongo ready to step in at any time down the stretch and into the playoffs?

That's HF logic right there...

Reign Nateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 08:42 AM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
Coots for Bishop? Hahahaha.

Brewsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 08:50 AM
MacOfNiagara
Blue&Gold from birth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Gardiner View Post
Yeah, don't think Bergevin would deal Nathan, Lars and a 1st for Pominville.

He's a smart GM.
Agreed. I thought the rumor was the Habs offered Eller + 1, and Darcy countered with the addition of Nathan and the Habs declined.

MacOfNiagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 08:56 AM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
So the Canucks are better off with Scrivens backing up Schneider and a draft pick, rather than having Luongo ready to step in at any time down the stretch and into the playoffs?

I am a Flyers fan...so no bias here.

Do you really think Gillis turned it down? Seriously? If it was offered...which I believe it wasn't, he could have accepted the deal, then used the 2 picks to acquire another forward or D-man.

Mark my words....and I like Luongo....he will not get more than 2 2nds and a player when he finally does get traded.

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:19 AM
tony d
RIP Hot Rod

I have to think given the ramblings on Wednesday that the Washington trade was supposed to be more than what it turned out to be. Can't see Erat for Forsberg being a blockbuster move as we were led to believe they were making on Wednesday.

04-05-2013, 09:26 AM
Robert Theodorson

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
I have to think given the ramblings on Wednesday that the Washington trade was supposed to be more than what it turned out to be. Can't see Erat for Forsberg being a blockbuster move as we were led to believe they were making on Wednesday.
It was not Ovechkin, despite being overpaid he is the main attraction in DC and he sells tickets and jerseys no matter what.

The more likely culprit was Ribs

Robert Theodorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:38 AM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
If this is true then Coturier's value is much much lower then what Philly fans like to think it is on here...
His post was wrong

It was reported by a few people on twitter that it was Phoenix who wanted that package

Old
04-05-2013, 09:40 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
I thought Detroit would offer more, like one stud prospect + high pick.
Detroit media reported the Wings actually didn't have interest in Gaborik.

Quote:
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 3 Apr
Wings had no interest in a struggling Gaborik and his $7.5 million cap hit for next season.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:44 AM
kihei

vCash: 2740
I'm trying to remember if it was TSN or Sports Net, but at one point (and it didn't come up again, at least not while I was watching), a commentator said that there was a rumour that the Devils were asking about Schneider in a trade built around Larsson going to the Canucks. Interesting idea from Lamoriello, if true.

kihei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:46 AM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by kihei View Post
I'm trying to remember if it was TSN or Sports Net, but at one point (and it didn't come up again, at least not while I was watching), a commentator said that there was a rumour that the Devils were asking about Schneider in a trade built around Larsson going to the Canucks.
Are you sure you didn't read it on here?

Only 1 person said that and it was a fake insider

Old
04-05-2013, 09:48 AM
kihei

vCash: 2740
Quote:
Are you sure you didn't read it on here?

Only 1 person said that and it was a fake insider
No, definitely didn't read it on here. It did happen when everything was dead in the water, so maybe one of the guys threw it out just for the hell of it. As I said, it didn't come up again, not while I was watching, anyway.

kihei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:52 AM
MrG
#BurgerTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Magnifique 66 View Post
Actually if you think about it that deal did not get turned down, it was accepted just that the player wasn't willing to waive to go there
Well actually it did get turned down. It was just turned down by Iginla, not Feaster.

MrG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:04 AM
Psuhockey

Quote:
His post was wrong

It was reported by a few people on twitter that it was Phoenix who wanted that package
Maloney always tries to get overpayments for his players. He has zero pressure to actually win in Phoenix so he asks for the moon and tries to wait out other GM's. It really is an unfair advantage when all that he has to do as a GM is keep a budget.

Psuhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:12 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Possible Prospect (Moore?) + LA 1st for Jagr (was rejected simply out of respect to Jagr)
Source? I know we had interest in the offseason, but I don't recall hearing about a possible trade. (There was plenty of fan speculation, but that's not the same thing. )

Meanwhile... supposedly Columbus was in on Pominville, but obviously didn't get him (don't have all the sources, but there's at least one Portzline tweet out there mentioning same). Presumably once the bidding got too hot JK turned around, called Sather, and said "okay, we're going for the Gaborik trade" or something.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:21 AM
danishh

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Source? I know we had interest in the offseason, but I don't recall hearing about a possible trade. (There was plenty of fan speculation, but that's not the same thing. )

Meanwhile... supposedly Columbus was in on Pominville, but obviously didn't get him (don't have all the sources, but there's at least one Portzline tweet out there mentioning same). Presumably once the bidding got too hot JK turned around, called Sather, and said "okay, we're going for the Gaborik trade" or something.
i think it's perfectly believable that columbus was willing to make the jagr deal, but dallas/JN, knowing jagr deserves to go to a legit contender, rejected a better offer from columbus to let him go to boston.

sources, no, i havnt seen one, but i would believe it quite easily.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:39 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
i think it's perfectly believable that columbus was willing to make the jagr deal, but dallas/JN, knowing jagr deserves to go to a legit contender, rejected a better offer from columbus to let him go to boston.

sources, no, i havnt seen one, but i would believe it quite easily.
I don't disbelieve that that's their motivation in such a scenario, I just have a hard time believing we'd have offered a 1st and Moore for a rental - particularly since the 1sts were supposedly way off-limits for any UFAs.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:42 AM
Patty Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
Of course it is...some of them were not willing to trade him for PK Subban when he was negotiating his new deal!

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 12:37 PM
_Del_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
Maloney always tries to get overpayments for his players. He has zero pressure to actually win in Phoenix so he asks for the moon and tries to wait out other GM's. It really is an unfair advantage when all that he has to do as a GM is keep a budget.
His team went to the conference finals last season. You don't think he cares about winning?

_Del_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 12:49 PM
lawrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post

According to hfboards, its unbelievable that Nonis will offer up Kadri and a 1st round pick for Yandle, but its true that it was Gillis that offered up Luongo for 2 draft picks and a backup. Total Hfboards.com logic. If it makes the GM look stupid they will side with that rumor.

Hfboards.com is a message forum that is good to come by for good laughs.

Quote:
I'm trying to remember if it was TSN or Sports Net, but at one point (and it didn't come up again, at least not while I was watching), a commentator said that there was a rumour that the Devils were asking about Schneider in a trade built around Larsson going to the Canucks. Interesting idea from Lamoriello, if true.
There were other rumors that in 2011 Colorado offered up the 12th pick for Schneider on top of another rumor that Philly offered the Canucks Coutier for Schneider.

lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 12:51 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Khokhlachev + 2nd for Brenden Morrow

2 2nds for Jaromir Jagr (Either Montreal or Philly)

Possible Prospect (Moore?) + LA 1st for Jagr (was rejected simply out of respect to Jagr)
LA does not have a first this year

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote