HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[NYR/CBJ] Gaborik, Delisle, Parlett to Columbus for Brassard, Dorsett, J. Moore, 6th

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-05-2013, 07:46 AM
  #801
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,890
vCash: 500
Gaborik still doesn't look like the old Gaborik. He could beat goalies with his wrist shot and use his speed to blow past defenders. Whether its a confidence issue or its father time. There was a 2 on 1 in the first period last night,Gaborik was stopped by Rinne. He was automatic in those situations. His first season with the Rangers,he was fantastic before getting hurt. He got cut by Lundqvist's skate in practice before the Olympics. He played in the Olympics and hurt his groin. The Rangers missed the playoffs that season. The 2nd year he was terrible. Streaky. Had a concussion. He played with Stepan and Anisimov in the first half of 11-12. Then Anisimov disappeared. Gaborik was quiet for a while. Then Gaborik got hot again with Richards and Hagelin. This season was a tough year. He scored 9 of his goals in 5 games. You couldn't find him in the other games.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 07:54 AM
  #802
Iron Balls McGinty
Registered User
 
Iron Balls McGinty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sec. 203/Worthington
Country: United States
Posts: 1,669
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Gaborik still doesn't look like the old Gaborik. He could beat goalies with his wrist shot and use his speed to blow past defenders. Whether its a confidence issue or its father time. There was a 2 on 1 in the first period last night,Gaborik was stopped by Rinne. He was automatic in those situations.
It was 1 shot. I find it hard to believe that as a 20 year old 3rd year player or even his first year as a Ranger he was a perfect 100% at wrist shots. Rinne is a good goalie and even Wayne Gretzky missed a shot now and then.

Iron Balls McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 07:58 AM
  #803
TheRightWay
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Balls McGinty View Post
It was 1 shot. I find it hard to believe that as a 20 year old 3rd year player or even his first year as a Ranger he was a perfect 100% at wrist shots. Rinne is a good goalie and even Wayne Gretzky missed a shot now and then.
Obviously it's just one shot, but his point is valid. Gaborik has been missing those shots (generally speaking) this season when last season they were going in (generally speaking). To some degree bad luck is involved, but he also just doesn't appear to be the same player. I really like Gaborik and I have nothing against the Blue Jackets, so if he does well then awesome. Maybe he just needs the change in scenery because it was clear that he had zero confidence. But I'm skeptical of it.

TheRightWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:05 AM
  #804
WestleySnipez
Christmas came early
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver. Duh.
Country: Canada
Posts: 382
vCash: 500
Gaborik used to be one of my favourite players to watch, he had a hop in his step and could fly like the wind. Only problem was/is his proneness to get injured.

He's slowed down, no longer a super exciting player to watch, but still exciting. I don't think he'll get a 40 goal season again (at least not with who he plays with), but he'll still get high 20s low 30s, pretty much the same player Nash was.

Still looked good last night in a CBJ uniform, a goal and an assist is nothing to sneer at. Who knows? It maybe the change he needed...

WestleySnipez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:16 AM
  #805
vadim sharifijanov
Rrbata
 
vadim sharifijanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
All this says is what everyone knows: Gaborik plays hard when he wants to. Gook luck with him.
to add it all up, columbus gets anisimov, dubinsky, a 2013 first, erixon, and spare parts for brassard, dorsett, john moore, and spare parts. that's a pretty lopsided deal for the beejays.

but then to also replace rick nash with gaborik... i mean not only is gaborik arguably the more talented player, and certainly the more well-rounded and creative offensively, rick nash plays hard never.

after years and years of watching columbus get reamed always every single time, it's kind of nice to see those guys making out like bandits here.

vadim sharifijanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:25 AM
  #806
dethomas07
Registered User
 
dethomas07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadim sharifijanov View Post
to add it all up, columbus gets anisimov, dubinsky, a 2013 first, erixon, and spare parts for brassard, dorsett, john moore, and spare parts. that's a pretty lopsided deal for the beejays.

but then to also replace rick nash with gaborik... i mean not only is gaborik arguably the more talented player, and certainly the more well-rounded and creative offensively, rick nash plays hard never.

after years and years of watching columbus get reamed always every single time, it's kind of nice to see those guys making out like bandits here.
if your a columbus fan.. i dont see how you can say hes better then nash, as well as more creative?
gabs is a one dimensional star.. his game is to find the open areas and fire his world class shot.. the thing this year is, he use to use his speed to create those openings for himself and lost that this year.. i feel with nash even when hes not scoring hes an effective player.. we've seen him hit, play a 2 way game, and most of all make his teammates play way better around him.. overall i see nash more effective, however i feel both needed a change of scenery and in the end will help both teams out!!

dethomas07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:27 AM
  #807
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadim sharifijanov View Post
to add it all up, columbus gets anisimov, dubinsky, a 2013 first, erixon, and spare parts for brassard, dorsett, john moore, and spare parts. that's a pretty lopsided deal for the beejays.

but then to also replace rick nash with gaborik... i mean not only is gaborik arguably the more talented player, and certainly the more well-rounded and creative offensively, rick nash plays hard never.

after years and years of watching columbus get reamed always every single time, it's kind of nice to see those guys making out like bandits here.
You obviously got the names mixed up here. Gaboirk the more complete player? I don't even know how to respond to that. Nash works much harder, is a much more complete player, and is more talented than Gaborik. Gaborik has his speed and his shot, and neither of those are what they once were.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:15 AM
  #808
vadim sharifijanov
Rrbata
 
vadim sharifijanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dethomas07 View Post
if your a columbus fan.. i dont see how you can say hes better then nash, as well as more creative?
gabs is a one dimensional star.. his game is to find the open areas and fire his world class shot.. the thing this year is, he use to use his speed to create those openings for himself and lost that this year.. i feel with nash even when hes not scoring hes an effective player.. we've seen him hit, play a 2 way game, and most of all make his teammates play way better around him.. overall i see nash more effective, however i feel both needed a change of scenery and in the end will help both teams out!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
You obviously got the names mixed up here. Gaboirk the more complete player? I don't even know how to respond to that. Nash works much harder, is a much more complete player, and is more talented than Gaborik. Gaborik has his speed and his shot, and neither of those are what they once were.
not a fan of either team.

more well-rounded offensively. i think gaborik is by some distance the more creative player, and with better vision. better at moving the puck on the PP, etc. mind you, as a canucks fan, most of my gaborik memories are from his time in minnesota. the one time i saw him in person in a rangers uniform, he basically was bure in the florida years: idling around above the hash marks waiting for breakout passes, which actually was pretty similar to when i saw nash in his second last year in columbus.

but yeah, obviously nash is by a much greater distance the more complete player when you factor in the defensive side. granted i don't watch a lot of rangers games, but pre-this year, rick nash was one of the laziest wastes of talent i've ever seen. when he's on, what a player, but other than the olympics, when have we ever seen it?

i can see you guys' points about gaborik moving forward though. without that speed, hard to get that crazy shot off mid-stride like when he used to burn us all the time with the wild.

vadim sharifijanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:17 AM
  #809
Crede777
Deputized
 
Crede777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 7,805
vCash: 500
Gaborik was very speedy last night and his wrister looked good. His release looked at least as good as Carter's when he was here.

Disagree with the Rangers fans talking him down after trading him. He was very dynamic last night against a Nashville team that excels at putting the pace of a game in deep freeze.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:19 AM
  #810
TheRightWay
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadim sharifijanov View Post
not a fan of either team.

more well-rounded offensively. i think gaborik is by some distance the more creative player, and with better vision. better at moving the puck on the PP, etc. mind you, as a canucks fan, most of my gaborik memories are from his time in minnesota. the one time i saw him in person in a rangers uniform, he basically was bure in the florida years: idling around above the hash marks waiting for breakout passes, which actually was pretty similar to when i saw nash in his second last year in columbus.

but yeah, obviously nash is by a much greater distance the more complete player when you factor in the defensive side. granted i don't watch a lot of rangers games, but pre-this year, rick nash was one of the laziest wastes of talent i've ever seen. when he's on, what a player, but other than the olympics, when have we ever seen it?

i can see you guys' points about gaborik moving forward though. without that speed, hard to get that crazy shot off mid-stride like when he used to burn us all the time with the wild.
I'm pretty sure you're watching the wrong players, because Marian Gaborik is one of the least creative players I have seen. That's not to say he isn't effective, but he does what he does well; get the puck on his stick and shoot it. Nash is the creative player. And certainly the more well-rounded, complete player. Even if you want to qualify everything with the whole "I'm basing it off of what I saw in Minnesota/that one time with the Rangers" it's pretty stupid to come in here and assertively claim something off of what you saw five years ago and once or twice recently.

TheRightWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:19 AM
  #811
TheRightWay
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Gaborik was very speedy last night and his wrister looked good. His release looked at least as good as Carter's when he was here.

Disagree with the Rangers fans talking him down after trading him. He was very dynamic last night against a Nashville team that excels at putting the pace of a game in deep freeze.
I'm very glad you disagree with the Rangers fans who have watched him this entire season because of what you saw in one game with Nashville.

TheRightWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:19 AM
  #812
abev
HFBoards Sponsor
 
abev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
You obviously got the names mixed up here. Gaboirk the more complete player? I don't even know how to respond to that. Nash works much harder, is a much more complete player, and is more talented than Gaborik. Gaborik has his speed and his shot, and neither of those are what they once were.
Im with Gagline on this one. I will even give deference to CBJ fans because they have watched Nash closer. But I can tell you this with 100% certainty. Nash outplayed Gaborik in every way in this short season.

I think Gaborik still has his tools, but I think he makes choices not to use them. If the game doesn't come to him that night he has no fight in him. And good luck when you get to the playoffs. Board play may work in the November, but it won't in April and beyond.

The best thing for Gaborik is Columbus is a totally different animal than New York. That will help his game. Whats the European Model scene like in Columbus? If it's weak you may get even more production out of him.

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:24 AM
  #813
bizzz*
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Minsk
Country: Tokelau
Posts: 3,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
You obviously got the names mixed up here. Gaboirk the more complete player? I don't even know how to respond to that. Nash works much harder, is a much more complete player, and is more talented than Gaborik. Gaborik has his speed and his shot, and neither of those are what they once were.
You responded to that yourself just a year ago:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=842
Quote:
No matter how you look at it, it's a bad contract for a player who has only broken 70 points once in his career. Yeah, you can say he's been on a bad team all these years, but so was Kovy and that didn't stop him from putting up points. Hell, Gaborik put up 42 goals and 86 points for us 2 years ago and we were a bad team.
Show some patience. Nash isn't the right fit.
Geez, for a few months the Rangers fans were saying how Gaborik is a better player and how Nash would have been their 5th best player, but suddenly the world is changed.


Last edited by EastonBlues22: 04-05-2013 at 10:40 AM.
bizzz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:25 AM
  #814
TheRightWay
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzz View Post
You responded to that yourself just a year ago:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=842


Geez, for a few months the Rags fans were saying how Gaborik is a better player and how Nash would have been their 5th best player, but suddenly the world is changed.
I don't think anyone anticipated Gaborik suddenly nosediving.

TheRightWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:26 AM
  #815
Krampus
Call me Nils
 
Krampus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 18,038
vCash: 500
Nash this year has been better than Gaborik in either of his 40 goal seasons with us.
Gaborik scores, but never really did much else. He never created offense the way that Nash is doing.

Not really a knock on Gaborik, who is still in my opinion the better goal scorer, but Nash has definitely brought a more well rounded offense

__________________
Krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:28 AM
  #816
Krampus
Call me Nils
 
Krampus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 18,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzz View Post
You responded to that yourself just a year ago:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=842


Geez, for a few months the Rags fans were saying how Gaborik is a better player and how Nash would have been their 5th best player, but suddenly the world is changed.
Not a lot of people watched Nash. They looked at his highlights, and then his stats. Like a lot if people still do, they can to the conclusion that he only makes some highlight reel plays here and there.
What he actually does is... Well, he makes amazing plays every night

Krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:33 AM
  #817
Crede777
Deputized
 
Crede777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 7,805
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWay View Post
I don't think anyone anticipated Gaborik suddenly nosediving.
More like I don't think anyone anticipated their favorite team acquiring Nash and trading Gaborik. Where were these opinions when Rangers fans were putting Gaborik in trade proposals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDubiZib View Post
Not a lot of people watched Nash. They looked at his highlights, and then his stats. Like a lot if people still do, they can to the conclusion that he only makes some highlight reel plays here and there.
What he actually does is... Well, he makes amazing plays every night
If not a lot of people watched Nash, they should have kept uninformed opinions to themselves.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:35 AM
  #818
TheRightWay
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
More like I don't think anyone anticipated their favorite team acquiring Nash and trading Gaborik.
Not at all. I have been a huge Nash proponent from the very beginning. I was never on the "don't get Nash" boat. That being said, there was a legitimate argument to be had in the beginning of the season whether Gaborik or Nash was the better player. It has become very clear, though, that the debate is no longer a debate. Nash is the better player in virtually every way at this point in time. Maybe Gaborik is rejuvenated in Columbus. Maybe not. I'm certainly not going to draw any conclusions from one game.

TheRightWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:36 AM
  #819
TheRightWay
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
If not a lot of people watched Nash, they should have kept uninformed opinions to themselves.

You mean like the guy who is running his mouth after one game and implied that any Rangers poster discrediting Gaborik is being biased?

TheRightWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:39 AM
  #820
Crede777
Deputized
 
Crede777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 7,805
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWay View Post
I'm certainly not going to draw any conclusions from one game.
You can if you are discussing mechanical aspects of his game. His speed is very much there and his release was very sharp.

If you are talking production or consistency, you can't extrapolate from one game. But if you want to discuss physical attributes you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWay View Post
You mean like the guy who is running his mouth after one game and implied that any Rangers poster discrediting Gaborik is being biased?
After one game? I have watched most of the Rangers games this season...

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:41 AM
  #821
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Balls McGinty View Post
It was 1 shot. I find it hard to believe that as a 20 year old 3rd year player or even his first year as a Ranger he was a perfect 100% at wrist shots. Rinne is a good goalie and even Wayne Gretzky missed a shot now and then.
Its 4 years of watching every NHL game Gaborik has played including last night.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:42 AM
  #822
Greg02
Registered User
 
Greg02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,876
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
More like I don't think anyone anticipated their favorite team acquiring Nash and trading Gaborik. Where were these opinions when Rangers fans were putting Gaborik in trade proposals?



If not a lot of people watched Nash, they should have kept uninformed opinions to themselves.
There were a lot of people in the Rangers board heavily criticizing Gaborik and questioning his continued ability going forward.

The thing with Gaborik is you're gambling he returns to form. At his best, he's much more productive than Nash. But he hasn't been lately.

Greg02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:46 AM
  #823
Xoggz22
Registered User
 
Xoggz22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 4,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaelanstorm View Post
I think if Dorsett develops his offense a bit, or something just clicks with him, he could have decent 2nd line capability, he's already steadily hitting 20 points and if he does develop that offensive talent i could see 30-40 point seasons in the future.

brassard is easily a 2nd liner right now, and if he develops like he should he'll be first line someday, guarantee it.
Bolded.... Not a chance. Dorsett is a 3rd or 4th line guy on a good team. He's all heart and grit (as mentioned) but his IQ and offensive skills are severely lacking. I'm not bashing him. Loved him (aside from all the stupid penalties in the offensive zone) on the CBJ and he was a key in the lockerroom for our turnaround this year. Great guy, sticks up for teammates but if he's playing 2nd line for you then the Rangers are shooting for McDavid or the next big talent.

Brass will be fine on the 3rd line as a non-traditional 3rd line center. He's a potential 50 pt guy and possible 2nd liner but he will never be confused with a top line center. If he adds consistency to his game he'll be a solid 2nd line C.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:51 AM
  #824
vippe
Registered User
 
vippe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 11,080
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to vippe
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDubiZib View Post
Nash this year has been better than Gaborik in either of his 40 goal seasons with us.
Gaborik scores, but never really did much else. He never created offense the way that Nash is doing.

Not really a knock on Gaborik, who is still in my opinion the better goal scorer, but Nash has definitely brought a more well rounded offense
Nash has been good. Gaborik in his first season with the rangers was spectacular.

vippe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:53 AM
  #825
Crede777
Deputized
 
Crede777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 7,805
vCash: 500
I could see Brassard making a sudden switch in his play with this change.

He looked like he was stuck in a rut. I don't see him becoming Brad Richards (before this year) but 60 points isn't impossible. He certainly is much better on the PP than ES though.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.