Dany Heatley (Shoulder) UPD: Out for the season + likely playoffs as well

Old
04-04-2013, 06:05 PM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
i'm not ignoring it and i'm for a buyout. that whole comment was directed at an earlier discussion when people were essentially calling him useless. just pointing out that bad value =/= no value. that in fact having Heatley on the team > better than sitting him if we want to have the best chance possible of succeeding this year.
Agreed. I have been very critical but i was actually hoping that Yeo would move him up to the second line to play with Seto and whoevers name gets drawn out of a hat to play 2C.

I am not happy at all with what happened to him last night, it flat out sucks. One thing about him that i will absolutely give him credit for is he does not miss games, when he grabbed that arm and skated faster then he has all year to get off the ice my stomach ached cuz i knew it had to bad.

Blizzard6411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 06:10 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
maybe he needs a shock collar if pain motivates him to speed :p

too easy.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 06:28 PM
Dampland
YEO must GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
maybe he needs a shock collar if pain motivates him to speed :p

too easy.
Careful Rynryn; you're letting us know too much about your private life!

Dampland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 06:39 PM
Phu

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Wish they would increase the fine amount because players making millions never even feel these miniscule fines they give out. Make em' at least 5% of the player's salary. That'll get their attention.
FWIW that IS an increased amount, drastically increased. For larger portions of the salary, that's what suspensions are, in effect. You are right that these fines don't do that much to deter behavior, but that's kind of the point. Fines are meant to be a lesser penalty. They do establish a history however.

In any event, bummed about the injury to Heatley, enjoyed the scrappiness of the game but you don't want to see a freak injury happen. I like Heatley, and liked him as a Shark.

Phu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:32 AM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Am I alone in the fact that I hate it when injuries are only referred to as "upper body" or "lower body"?? I would like to know what in the **** in ailing both Heatley and Cullen. Does Heatley have a broken or sprained wrist/forearm? Did Cullen pull his hammy or groin?

MuckOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:37 AM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Vlasic takes a retaliatory baseball swing after the end of the game: Small fine
PMB has his stick lifted into opponent's face on the faceoff: Suspend that man!!!

llamapalooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:42 AM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapalooza View Post
Vlasic takes a retaliatory baseball swing after the end of the game: Small fine
PMB has his stick lifted into opponent's face on the faceoff: Suspend that man!!!
To be fair, Heatley did take the first swing. He just happened to miss.

Old
04-05-2013, 09:50 AM
Haite
x

vCash: 2465
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckOG View Post
To be fair, Heatley did take the first swing. He just happened to miss.
Before that he was cross-checked in lower back behind the play (E: I now realize that it's probably beside the point). But wasn't Heatley injured by the take down, not the slash?

Haite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:55 AM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haite View Post
Before that he was cross-checked in lower back behind the play (E: I now realize that it's probably beside the point). But wasn't Heatley injured by the take down, not the slash?
Correct on both points..

Old
04-05-2013, 10:16 AM
Dudicles

If the team buys out Heatley's contract, are they in the clear to negotiate a new contract with him?

Dudicles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:34 AM
10dynasty38*

Whether Heatley was injured on slash or the fall something needs to be done. I was dissapointed to see Suter and the boys get only minimally involved after the incident. It should of been a full out donny brooke.

I'm hoping Yeo tells Konopka or Rupp to take a run at Vlasic next go round to even the score and send a message that being bullied will not be tolerated. Afterall it was Konopka who said something along the lines of "Parise and Koivu will be able to have a cup of coffee at center ice when I'm around and not have to worry". Time for him to earn his paycheck.

10dynasty38* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:35 AM
Phant03

vCash: 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudicles View Post
If the team buys out Heatley's contract, are they in the clear to negotiate a new contract with him?
Can't re-sign players you buy out

Phant03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:42 AM
Kari Takko

Quote:
If you watch the video again, Vlasic followed up the cross check with a slash before Heater swung back.

Kari Takko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:43 AM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10dynasty38 View Post
Whether Heatley was injured on slash or the fall something needs to be done. I was dissapointed to see Suter and the boys get only minimally involved after the incident. It should of been a full out donny brooke.

I'm hoping Yeo tells Konopka or Rupp to take a run at Vlasic next go round to even the score and send a message that being bullied will not be tolerated. Afterall it was Konopka who said something along the lines of "Parise and Koivu will be able to have a cup of coffee at center ice when I'm around and not have to worry". Time for him to earn his paycheck.
If they had gotten involved in a full out donny brooke then the Wild would be even more short handed because there would have been automatic suspensions handed out.

Blizzard6411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:48 AM
PariseSuterKoivu

Wonder why the depth of hate between Vlasic and Heatley.

PariseSuterKoivu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:49 AM
Haite
x

vCash: 2465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy Freitag View Post
If you watch the video again, Vlasic followed up the cross check with a slash before Heater swung back.
After watching at it again, I suddenly doubt my eyesight. I'm surprised I didn't notice that at all.

Haite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 11:36 AM
MK9

Quote:
That was a nasty cross check as well. Wasn't a love tap by any means. That should have gotten called instantly.

MK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 11:49 AM
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome

"The Wild says there is no exact timetable yet, but coach Mike Yeo said Thursday the Wild’s third-leading goal scorer will miss at least the next couple games and General Manager Chuck Fletcher said at least the next couple weeks. At the very least, he is expected to return to the Twin Cities on Friday.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/201564951.html

MeowLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 03:58 PM
MarleauApologist
fun must be alwalys

Quote:

So you want your players to intentionally injure a player because he accidentally injured Heatley, and apologized for it afterwards?

MarleauApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 04:03 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great 88 View Post
So you want your players to intentionally injure a player because he accidentally injured Heatley, and apologized for it afterwards?
I read that post you responded to a couple of times, but I never saw the words "intentionally" or "injure" in it.

Old
04-05-2013, 05:24 PM
Kari Takko

Quote:
Vlasic's actions looked pretty intentional to me. Are you only saying it was an accident because of his apology?

What does a 3 year old say after breaking a lamp when they were caught red handed? They don't deny it, they only say, I'm sorry.

Kari Takko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 05:34 PM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

Quote:

Right there with you. You must serve justice otherwise you will be kicked around the league.

Northland Wild Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 05:39 PM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

Unlike many around here I actually don't mind Heater. Sure he has his faults, but he offers some decent secondary scoring, and seems like a real team player. I don't think losing Heatley is going to effect the Wild all that much however. He will be back by the playoffs I'm guessing. Cullen on the other hand is much more of a hit to our team. Seto looks like a little lost monkey out there right now. PMB, no idea what's been his buzz lately. He seems like he's hung up his career already. That whole line I predict will be a mess from here on out. And when Cullen returns, it's not going to be an instant love fest for that line again. Hope Pommer, Koivu, and Parise can step it up, and carry the load.

Blakkmantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 06:03 PM
MNWILDFAN001

Also have to watch out for Raffi Torres. If we start taking runs at players they might unleash the beast.

MNWILDFAN001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 06:39 PM
J22

Quote:
I cant speak for others, but I can tell you what I would like to see.

I want to see Stoner destroy Couture with a crosscheck in front of the net, and if Couture takes exception, I want to see Stoner kick the living hell out of him. I dont really care if Stoner apologizes when he is done.

Having said all of that. I am not all that upset with what Vlasic did. I would just like to see the Wild be willing to take their game to that level some times.

J22 is offline   Reply With Quote