HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Luongo Post TDD Press Conference

Closed Thread

Old
04-05-2013, 08:52 AM
sangreale

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
He may have turned down a counter in which the Canucks retained salary.

As it was reported, in those last three calls Nonis merely said no with no counter.

Old
04-05-2013, 09:03 AM
sangreale

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
YOu may be in the same boat if the Leafs do end up trading for him this summer if Reimer doesn't perform well in the playoffs. If Luongo plays until he's 38-40, the buyout at that point isn't that bad.

Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. And in Leaf Land, we all live in glass houses.

Remember - we watch hockey for fun, not to take a dump on others' opinions.

And I see that you were one of the Luongo "salesmen". Any you are still trying to sell Luongo to us! Give it up. I do no want a fast track approach. It has not worked and will never work. That is why we have endured this mess for so long as you admit!

This team is not ready to win it all and adding Luongo will only ... MAKE IT WORSE.

As you stated some posters may have not realized the implications of his contract ... BUT ... you still do not! Luongo will not play in his final 3 years and will retire. The cap implications will be hellish at a time when we will be needing to spend money on our own ... ie Kadri!

GIVE ... IT ... UP.

Pretending to be a defender of the downtrodden Luongo supporters?

In fact, you are making excuses for yourself!

Old
04-05-2013, 09:50 AM
paulster2626
Shape up or ship out

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by sangreale View Post
And I see that you were one of the Luongo "salesmen". Any you are still trying to sell Luongo to us! Give it up. I do no want a fast track approach. It has not worked and will never work. That is why we have endured this mess for so long as you admit!

This team is not ready to win it all and adding Luongo will only ... MAKE IT WORSE.

As you stated some posters may have not realized the implications of his contract ... BUT ... you still do not! Luongo will not play in his final 3 years and will retire. The cap implications will be hellish at a time when we will be needing to spend money on our own ... ie Kadri!

GIVE ... IT ... UP.

Pretending to be a defender of the downtrodden Luongo supporters?

In fact, you are making excuses for yourself!
Excuse me? I know trolling in the Leafs' board is encouraged here, but this is a bit silly. Try to pry your head out of your ass for a second while I explain this to you.

I was hoping the Leafs would stick with Reimer and Scrivens this season and in to the playoffs to see what we've got. They did that, and I'm glad. It'll be interesting to see.

However - if, during the playoffs, Reimer and Scrivens prove to somehow be terrible goalies, the Maple Leafs may start to look elsewhere for help in net for next season. They would have to pursue all avenues, and acquiring Roberto Luongo for next to nothing may be an option they explore. Remember - the current CBA is for 8 years. Who knows what, if any, amnesty or cap relief options the next one will have. Whoever owns this terrible contract might be able to rid themselves of $10+ million in cap space by spending a mere $2 million. If he's retired at that point, it might even be $0.

I'm just saying you never know what might happen in the future. No need to get stupid about it.

Old
04-05-2013, 10:06 AM
RonEllisFan

Far as I'm concern, I hope he never comes here, after reading the Van thread and how 80% of them hopes our tandem crash and burn this season and we miss the playoffs wishing concussions on players and Nonis to die, they can have Lu and eat his stinking contract for years to come, some actually think that a buy out is and option. Some actually think he can renegotiate his self admitted bad contract, 4 years 20 mil for one, like that can happen. Next Cannuck fans will blame leaf fans for global warming, what a bunch fools.

Old
04-05-2013, 10:15 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonEllisFan View Post
Far as I'm concern, I hope he never comes here, after reading the Van thread and how 80% of them hopes our tandem crash and burn this season and we miss the playoffs wishing concussions on players and Nonis to die, they can have Lu and eat his stinking contract for years to come, some actually think that a buy out is and option. Some actually think he can renegotiate his self admitted bad contract, 4 years 20 mil for one, like that can happen. Next Cannuck fans will blame leaf fans for global warming, what a bunch fools.
I read the thread on their board a few days ago and I hate to generalize a group of people but wow, the things said over there are quite astonishing. It's childish really. We love Roberto, we want him here, now take him off our hands NOW. No? Okay, that's fine because we love him and wan him here. Please take him. Nonis is an idiot, Reimer sucks yadda yadda yadda

Old
04-05-2013, 10:39 AM
paulster2626
Shape up or ship out

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
I read the thread on their board a few days ago and I hate to generalize a group of people but wow, the things said over there are quite astonishing. It's childish really. We love Roberto, we want him here, now take him off our hands NOW. No? Okay, that's fine because we love him and wan him here. Please take him. Nonis is an idiot, Reimer sucks yadda yadda yadda
It's the exact same as over here. Several intelligent people among several idiots. Vancouver fans are no better or worse than fans of any other team. If you hate to generalize, then don't generalize.

Old
04-05-2013, 10:54 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
It's the exact same as over here. Several intelligent people among several idiots. Vancouver fans are no better or worse than fans of any other team. If you hate to generalize, then don't generalize.
I'll generalize all I want

Old
04-05-2013, 11:25 AM
ACC1224
Burke was right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangreale View Post
As it was reported, in those last three calls Nonis merely said no with no counter.
I was also reported he did counter, asking the Canucks to retain salary. I guess it depends on who you believe.

Old
04-05-2013, 12:51 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

who cares what happened? Lou isn't a leaf at this point in time.

Old
04-05-2013, 05:44 PM
Confucius

Quote:
Excuse me? I know trolling in the Leafs' board is encouraged here, but this is a bit silly. Try to pry your head out of your ass for a second while I explain this to you.

I was hoping the Leafs would stick with Reimer and Scrivens this season and in to the playoffs to see what we've got. They did that, and I'm glad. It'll be interesting to see.

However - if, during the playoffs, Reimer and Scrivens prove to somehow be terrible goalies, the Maple Leafs may start to look elsewhere for help in net for next season. They would have to pursue all avenues, and acquiring Roberto Luongo for next to nothing may be an option they explore. Remember - the current CBA is for 8 years. Who knows what, if any, amnesty or cap relief options the next one will have. Whoever owns this terrible contract might be able to rid themselves of $10+ million in cap space by spending a mere $2 million. If he's retired at that point, it might even be $0.

I'm just saying you never know what might happen in the future. No need to get stupid about it.
The current CBA is for 10 years...

Old
04-05-2013, 05:48 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

This has ran its course.

Closed

Closed Thread