HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Comrie going to Flames?

Closed Thread

Old
12-26-2003, 11:28 PM
gretzky2kurri

vCash: 500
Comrie going to Flames?

For Iginla

Mikeys under contract....so he can't tell Bobby where he wants to go. Perhaps Calgary has designs with trading with the Ducks?

Could all be crap.........

Here's all it says:

The Flyers secured center Mike Comrie's services last week in a trade with Edmonton, but there are several reports suggesting Philadelphia will flip him to Calgary once the roster freeze is lifted. The rumors suggest Philadelphia will send Comrie and one or two others for right winger Jarome Iginla.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/hearsay.jsp

Last edited by gretzky2kurri: 12-26-2003 at 11:43 PM.
Old
12-26-2003, 11:46 PM
Oilers Hockey

For those of you who get a "pick your region" window, here's the rumour:

Quote:
Comrie on his way to Calgary?
Dec. 24 @ 11:03 AM
CBS Sportsline sources are saying that since the Flyers secured centre Mike Comrie's services last week in a trade with Edmonton, Philly may now go ahead and flip him to Calgary once the roster freeze is lifted.

The rumours suggest Philadelphia will send Comrie and one or two others for right winger Jarome Iginla.
But then it's See-BS, so take it with a grain of salt. Just the thought of that little puke in a Flames uniform makes me furious.

ETA: oops G@K beat me to it. Damn my slow computer.

Old
12-26-2003, 11:53 PM
gretzky2kurri

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemskyfan
For those of you who get a "pick your region" window, here's the rumour:

But then it's See-BS, so take it with a grain of salt. Just the thought of that little puke in a Flames uniform makes me furious.

ETA: oops G@K beat me to it. Damn my slow computer.
Perhaps Calgary has something worked out with the Ducks.

You would have to think Comrie would be kicking and screaming if it were against his wishes. I feel Calgary would want to know if Mike was going to be "a man about it" prior.

Maybe 89 knowing he's eventually going to his Ducks will keep his lip in. Wouldn't it be nice (if this were true) and Murray said, "nah......changed my mind."

Old
12-27-2003, 02:51 AM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky2kurri
Perhaps Calgary has something worked out with the Ducks.

You would have to think Comrie would be kicking and screaming if it were against his wishes. I feel Calgary would want to know if Mike was going to be "a man about it" prior.

Maybe 89 knowing he's eventually going to his Ducks will keep his lip in. Wouldn't it be nice (if this were true) and Murray said, "nah......changed my mind."
For some reason I could see this happening but why would the Flames mess with a good thing (appart from the money issue I guess). They're on a great run, and this teams needs to make the playoffs. I wonder what kind of message tht awould send to the dressing room when the players see that management is dumping salary.

I hope for Cgy that Anaheim is offering more than what they were offering Lowe.

Old
12-27-2003, 06:12 AM
TheChase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin
For some reason I could see this happening but why would the Flames mess with a good thing (appart from the money issue I guess). They're on a great run, and this teams needs to make the playoffs. I wonder what kind of message tht awould send to the dressing room when the players see that management is dumping salary.

I hope for Cgy that Anaheim is offering more than what they were offering Lowe.
I guesss that would really rip me if Anaheim offered Lupul and their
# 1 draft pick this time round, recognizing that they were lowballing
the Oil all the time.

Old
12-27-2003, 06:41 AM
ZIM

vCash:
Comrie to play agains Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky2kurri
For Iginla

Mikeys under contract....so he can't tell Bobby where he wants to go. Perhaps Calgary has designs with trading with the Ducks?

Could all be crap.........

Here's all it says:

The Flyers secured center Mike Comrie's services last week in a trade with Edmonton, but there are several reports suggesting Philadelphia will flip him to Calgary once the roster freeze is lifted. The rumors suggest Philadelphia will send Comrie and one or two others for right winger Jarome Iginla.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/hearsay.jsp
They could still trade him but for now he will start on the second line against Colorado.

Old
12-27-2003, 08:13 AM
mamettt

I'd love to see comrie under sutter...it would be marc savard all over again in cowtown. No doubt comrie would help them, but wouldn't getting traded to another small market anger comrie even more? In philly he's just a name on a roster, ditto for california, but in calgary, just like edmonton, he'd be under the microscope to no end. It would, ostensibly at least, pretty much defeat the purpose of his holdout. Probably just rumor anyway...

Last edited by mamettt: 12-27-2003 at 08:16 AM.
Old
12-27-2003, 02:21 PM
gretzky2kurri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin
For some reason I could see this happening but why would the Flames mess with a good thing (appart from the money issue I guess).
Iginla is as good as gone in Cowtown this season. He's just too big of a chunk of the payroll.

I can see them packaging him for some cheaper youngsters.

Old
12-27-2003, 02:24 PM
kruezer

I really think Iginla could go, but I hope its not 'til later in the year when we know more, or in the off-season. And it has to be for Vinny Lecavalier

Old
12-27-2003, 02:39 PM
zoidberg

It's fabricated. Created by the master of crap, Bruce Dowbiggen. He makes Garrioch's articles look as influential as the Bible, Quran, Tora, and Mahabharata interwoven into the real meaning of life.

Old
12-27-2003, 02:43 PM
Shizuka

Wow, if they do flip him for Iginla I would think that would tick Lowe right off. That's a division rival, not just a conference one like the Ducks. Then again, an Iginla-less Calgary is a weaker one, depending on who comes back for him from Philly. Comrie is not a leader in the mould of Iginla. Regardless of every game's outcome, I always see Iginla standing up and facing the music consistently in highlights. Would Comrie do that? I have my doubts. For the sake of Canadian hockey, though, and hockey in Alberta, I would hope the Flamers take Clarke and Philly for everything they can. And I am being genuine in that sentiment; as much as I hate the Flames, I don't hate them enough to see another Canadian city lose NHL hockey.

Old
12-27-2003, 03:45 PM
gretzky2kurri

I put this on the Duck site.

Can you beleive it? Some "cry baby mod" went and locked it.

Awww the poor Ducks didn't get their spoiled brat.......now they're taking their net home if his name comes up on their site now.

Can you beleive this?

Old
12-27-2003, 04:48 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
foresby most likely locked it due to a couple of ducks posters that whined about things too much, i won't name names but you know who they are.

In any case, Calgary should get something great in all of this, perhaps something like:

Conroy, Iginla

for

Comrie, Pitkanen

and then to the ducks

Comrie

for

Lupul and 2nd

That would be a great move (imo) for the flames, BUT of course a flames fan perspective on this would be much better.

Old
12-27-2003, 08:41 PM
Cain

I would love to get Pitkanen and comrie for Iginla....But I think we would lose way too much scoring, especially if we dealth Comrie for Lupul.

Closed Thread