HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Flames 1st Round Picks

Old
04-04-2013, 07:58 PM
western redmen
the forgotten owskis

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Actually, if it were a mid pick such as 15-20, I might do it if I had someone around that mark I wanted. Jones > Murray, is true. But add another first rounder to Murray and the answer is not so clear, regardless there is little incentive for CBJ to do that imo.
Maybe we have different opinions on Murray, but I certainly won't do that trade. I see Murray being a solid number 2, never wows u, just efficient. But when I see jone, I see that wow factor.

western redmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:22 PM
MC Ride
Feels bad man

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by western redmen View Post
Maybe we have different opinions on Murray, but I certainly won't do that trade. I see Murray being a solid number 2, never wows u, just efficient. But when I see jone, I see that wow factor.
Exactly. Murray is a great D man, but Seth Jones is pretty much generational talent.

MC Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:17 AM
Viqsi
caution: bite hazard

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
I usually like your posts. Not this one. Murray is a upper end prospect, but I definitely don't see Norris trophies in his future.
Dunno if he'll get them, but he's still the most likely to at least be nominated out of the guys we've got.

I wouldn't go so far as to say "solid #2" would be his floor, but it would certainly be far lower than what we expect the guy is likely to do.

Congratulations to all Las Vegas area hockey fans, present and future!
Viqsi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 11:13 AM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

I have a feeling that if there is a player still on the board who the JETS would love to get there hands on, they'd consider trading Burmistrov for that St. Louis pick. All depends on who's still available and how highly they value him though.

Burmi is only 21 and still has very good upside. There's no guarantee that that pick would even be as good as Burmistrov so personally I'd just as soon hang onto him for awhile longer. I just think Management will want to go in a different direction though and that's why he will be made available.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 11:49 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Would Flame fans consider something like this, if the Devils ended up with a top #10 pick...

John Merrill + NJ's 1st round pick
for
Calgary's 1st round pick

Just throwing it out there since the Flames can use all the bluechip talent they can get for their rebuild and we could use a promising forward prospect since most of our promising youngsters are all blueliners (Merrill, Gélinas, Urbom, Severson, Scarlett, Burlon, etc).

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 11:54 AM
nogger
ploffs?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Would Flame fans consider something like this, if the Devils ended up with a top #10 pick...

for
Calgary's 1st round pick

Just throwing it out there since the Flames can use all the bluechip talent they can get for their rebuild and we could use a promising forward prospect since most of our promising youngsters are all blueliners (Merrill, Gélinas, Urbom, Severson, Scarlett, Burlon, etc).
Maybe Larsson + your first round pick for our first round pick.

You do know we'll be drafting top 2 right

nogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 11:55 AM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

vCash: 81
Quote:

for
Calgary's 1st round pick

Thats Awful.. not trying to be mean but would you trade Larsson for Penguins 1st + Brodie? Im doubtful.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 11:58 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogger View Post
Maybe Larsson + your first round pick for our first round pick.

You do know we'll be drafting top 2 right
Larsson + a top 10 pick? Yeah, ok. You do know that Larsson was a 4th overall pick like 2 years ago, so that would mean that we'd send a 4th overall and a top #10 pick for top #5 pick... c'mon now.

BTW, why are you so certain that the Flames will land a top #2 pick when they still have 13 games to play and they're currently 3rd last in the league? It's not impossible for them to get a pick between #1 and #5.

Old
04-05-2013, 12:06 PM
SaintMorose

vCash: 142
Draft as I see it

1-4 very strong tier though might even put Jones on his own
5-8,9,10 depending on your view (and russian factor) there are some other strong prospects to be had

~10-28

Group of prospects here look strong as first round picks but not a ton of difference between the high and low end and some are going to drop out to be availible going into round 2.

really no reason to drop our number of picks in that big tier unless we can move into the top 9 and I cant see that happening this year. If Calgary can pull it off I would like to see that Pitt pick bumped up a bit if they go to the finals.

SaintMorose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 12:08 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post

Thats Awful.. not trying to be mean but would you trade Larsson for Penguins 1st + Brodie? Im doubtful.
Pittsburght is looking like they'll be picking in the 25 to 30 range, wich is pretty far from my inital post that has us picking in the top 10 and who's this Brody kid your talking about when comparing him to Adam Larsson?

Talk about stretching out a proposal, geeeeez.

Old
04-05-2013, 12:11 PM
SaintMorose

Quote:
Pittsburght is looking like they'll be picking in the 25 to 30 range, wich is pretty far from my inital post that has us picking in the top 10 and who's this Brody kid your talking about when comparing him to Adam Larsson?

Talk about stretching out a proposal, geeeeez.
TJ Brodie is being compared to Merrill in your proposal.

Old
04-05-2013, 12:13 PM
MC Ride
Feels bad man

Quote:
Larsson + a top 10 pick? Yeah, ok. You do know that Larsson was a 4th overall pick like 2 years ago, so that would mean that we'd send a 4th overall and a top #10 pick for top #5 pick... c'mon now.

BTW, why are you so certain that the Flames will land a top #2 pick when they still have 13 games to play and they're currently 3rd last in the league? It's not impossible for them to get a pick between #1 and #5.
We're bottom 3 with Iginla and Bouwmeester IN the roster. With the last 2 games they've both been gone, we lost 4-1 and 8-2 against the Oilers. Expect a top 2 pick. Also, Larssons talented but all of the top 5 picks in this draft > Larsson. A 4th overall pick in his draft is like 8th in this one...

MC Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 12:29 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintAnton View Post
TJ Brodie is being compared to Merrill in your proposal.
I know very little, if nothing, about Brodie... so I can't comment. Is he projected to be a 1st pairing d-men?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baerstcheese View Post
We're bottom 3 with Iginla and Bouwmeester IN the roster. With the last 2 games they've both been gone, we lost 4-1 and 8-2 against the Oilers. Expect a top 2 pick. Also, Larssons talented but all of the top 5 picks in this draft > Larsson. A 4th overall pick in his draft is like 8th in this one...
So Larsson isn't on the same level as anyone in the top #4? Who did you come up with that analysis, I would like to hear your pov's on the matter, if possible.

Old
04-05-2013, 12:39 PM
domaug*

Quote:

because the Flames traded Iginla and Bouwmeester, two of their better players who they were losing with anyway. besides, the top 5 draftees this year have significantly higher ceilings than the rest of the draft class (i know that that is a duh statement, but look at players like Mackinnon, Drouin, and Jones and compare them to the rest of the draft class).

despite what you think of Larsson's value (whether he is worth more than the difference between top 10 and top 3-5 or not), the Flames are rebuilding and have no reason to lose a potential franchise centerpiece (even for a defenseman with a good ceiling)

TL;DR: if the Flames are trading down and miss out on any of Mackinnon, Drouin, or Jones, they better be getting something really good back. Merrill + top 10 pick isn't enough.

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 12:43 PM
SaintMorose

Quote:
I know very little, if nothing, about Brodie... so I can't comment. Is he projected to be a 1st pairing d-men?
He was still considered a prospect by hf standards when the year started.
After being stratched the first game by a new coach he's been in our top 4 every game since.
AHL all-star. 2-way game. Looks very good in a top 4 role and has the tools to be a top pairing guy; but he needs to work out the rookie mistakes that young defensemen make.
Feaster has noted him one of Calgary's 4 untouchable players.

Old
04-05-2013, 12:47 PM
nik-

Quote:
The offence isn't there yet, and may never be, but it terms of his defensive game, I was expecting a 5/6 out of him and he's easily moved to a second pairing player in a shortened season. It's hard to gauge his defensive ceiling right now. He's also playing as Wideman's defensive concious on a lot of nights, which is a pretty big role for a borderline rookie.

nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 12:57 PM
lawrence

not sold on Jones. Nate and Jonathan have more star power then him. Track record for defencemens being drafted number 1, are also not that great. They became very good dmans, but not Norris type of dmans

Hamrlik
Bryan Berrard
Jovanovski
Phllips
Johnson.

I'd be shocked if Calgary used the 1st pick to draft Jones.

lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote