HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Burmistrov

Old
04-05-2013, 12:25 AM
Djp

vCash: 500
Burmistrov

This week there was talk of a Stafford for Burmistrov. the feeling is this will resurface around the draft.

WPG fans---What is Burmistrov value to you?

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 12:56 AM
JetsHomer

Definitely a lot more than Stafford. If no teams wanted Jokinen for free at 3m, why are teams going to want Stafford at 4m?

JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 01:56 AM
dma0034

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Definitely a lot more than Stafford. If no teams wanted Jokinen for free at 3m, why are teams going to want Stafford at 4m?
I don't know ask the Jets why they offered Burmistrov straight up for Stafford but the Sabres wanted more.

dma0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 03:59 AM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Burmistrov for Couturier?

Former top 10 picks drafted one year apart. Both are defensive centers with offensive potential.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 04:01 AM
Acallabeth
Get well soon Octopi

Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
Burmistrov for Couturier?

Former top 10 picks drafted one year apart. Both are defensive centers with offensive potential.
This doesn't make sense, and wasn't Couturier the guy that shut down Malkin last year's playoffs?

On topic: hmm, Joel Ward?

Acallabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 04:12 AM
Lord Flacko*
Down to let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acallabeth View Post
This doesn't make sense, and wasn't Couturier the guy that shut down Malkin last year's playoffs?

On topic: hmm, Joel Ward?
Thats horrible..

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 05:28 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Depends on what Winnipeg wants.. before the deadline passed, I was thinking something along the lines of Clendening + a pick (not a 1st).

But.. then again, Burmistrov scored last night, so his value likely sky-rocketed.

Seriously though, Buristrov isn't beyond hope. He's shown a lot of flashes since his rookie season that he has quality top-6 potential. But at this point, unless Winnipeg wants to accept a deal like the one I proposed, they're likely better off keeping him and seeing if he can breakout.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 08:19 AM
AirBriere48

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
I don't know ask the Jets why they offered Burmistrov straight up for Stafford but the Sabres wanted more.
Who reported this? If it's true I hope that gets revisited this summer.

AirBriere48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 08:50 AM
JetsHomer

Quote:
Please provide a source for this statement

Old
04-05-2013, 10:22 AM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Maybe I'm wrong, but I can see the JETS dealing him at the draft to a team with multiple 1st rounders like Calgary, Columbus or Buffalo if there is still a player on the board that the JETS covet.

That said, if someone is interested, it's obvious they still see his upside as he is just 21. There may have to be a small + added to the 1st which wouldn't be TOP 10 (unless Feaster loses his mind) and likely only in the 20's. Something to add to the roster to offset the loss of Burmi.

If Calgary's owners really expect playoffs next season, they might look favorably at adding someone like Burmistrov immediately rather than waiting 2 years on a player selected with say the St. Louis pick. Just spit ballin' here.

I'd just as soon keep him around awhile longer though I have a feeling he will be dealt.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 11:28 AM
Matthew McConaughey
Alright, Alright

Burmistrov is apparently in Claude Noel's doghouse. Funny, with the way this team has played in the last 10 games, I'd put Noel in the doghouse.

I would not trade Burmistrov personally, unless it was for a legit top 6 RW that is close to him in age. This appears to be a patient organization. I hope that's true and they keep him for at least 2 more years and see what happens with his development.

Matthew McConaughey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 11:33 AM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

Something around Frattin (RW) and Burmistrov (C) with the Leafs adding a little bit?

QMJHLfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 11:38 AM
Flair Hay

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower View Post
Something around Frattin (RW) and Burmistrov (C) with the Leafs adding a little bit?
Possibly.

Flair Hay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 11:51 AM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

I thought he looked very good yesterday against the Habs, definitely wouldn't trade him if I was the Jets unless they got a massive overpayment.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 11:52 AM
SmellOfVictory

Would Winnipeg fans do something around Cammalleri (half salary)+ for Burmi?

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 12:17 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Chainz View Post
I thought he looked very good yesterday against the Habs, definitely wouldn't trade him if I was the Jets unless they got a massive overpayment.
Even aside from the goal I thought he played well last night. That was definitely one of his better games this year though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellOfVictory View Post
Would Winnipeg fans do something around Cammalleri (half salary)+ for Burmi?
No. Burmistrov is still one of the top players from his draft class. You're either getting another top-10 pick or similar young player/prospect, or the Jets have no reason to not hold on to him. Cammalleri is obviously a better player now and next year, but I really think the Jets are targeting that 3-5 year range.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 12:20 PM
Ashasx

Burmistrov was picked far too high. I'd be surprised if he has the value of a late 1st rounder now. With that said, I can understand why the Jets wouldn't do that.

I think his defensive game is vastly overrated, and he doesn't have the offense to make up for it.

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 12:29 PM
Huffer

Quote:
If that was true then both GM's should be fired. Chevldayoff for offering, and Regier for saying no.

Huffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 01:08 PM
winterpeg
Sharp Dressed Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
Burmistrov was picked far too high. I'd be surprised if he has the value of a late 1st rounder now. With that said, I can understand why the Jets wouldn't do that.

I think his defensive game is vastly overrated, and he doesn't have the offense to make up for it.
Compare him to other players in his draft class, statistically, in terms of NHL performance. Guys who aren't in the NHL yet don't get "higher value because they're still prospects". Maybe this has changed in the last month, but I remember it being said that only one person picked below him has currently done more.

If you look at advanced stats, nearly every single player on the jets has better performance when on the ice with Burmi vs. without.

And he can't be overrated defensively, and have no offensive skill, AND play with scrubs (which he generally does) AND have the second best +/- on the team. These cannot all add up. His offensive production is not there, but his defensive play most certainly is.

winterpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 01:10 PM
Jimbo7200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
This week there was talk of a Stafford for Burmistrov. the feeling is this will resurface around the draft.

WPG fans---What is Burmistrov value to you?
I want him in Detroit badly. What does it take to get it done? Does Nyquist and a 1st get the talks started?

Jimbo7200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 01:26 PM
JetsHomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterpeg View Post
Compare him to other players in his draft class, statistically, in terms of NHL performance. Guys who aren't in the NHL yet don't get "higher value because they're still prospects". Maybe this has changed in the last month, but I remember it being said that only one person picked below him has currently done more.

If you look at advanced stats, nearly every single player on the jets has better performance when on the ice with Burmi vs. without.

And he can't be overrated defensively, and have no offensive skill, AND play with scrubs (which he generally does) AND have the second best +/- on the team. These cannot all add up. His offensive production is not there, but his defensive play most certainly is.
I'd say three players. Fowler, Faulk and Tarasenko.

Old
04-05-2013, 01:37 PM
allan5oh
Adv stats blowhard

Jets needs:

RW to play with Kane
1st/2nd line C
draft picks

Don't need:

4th line scrubs
RHD

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 01:45 PM
dma0034

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Please provide a source for this statement
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419753

Quote:
The Jets were reportedly talking to the Sabres about a deal that would send Alexander Burmistrov to Buffalo for right-winger Drew Stafford.

"It's one of those things where at different points in time you're talking lots of different players with lots of different teams and different scenarios," said Jets GM Kevin Cheveldayoff. "This is the group that earned the opportunity to be battling at this point in time for a playoff position."

dma0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 01:46 PM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

What would Winnipeg want from the Rangers for him?

The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 01:48 PM
BigTuna49
#WPGWHITEOUT

vCash: 84
Quote:
That doesn't say he was offered straight up for Stafford and Buffalo turned it down at all. How did you get to that conclusion?

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote