HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Injury Talk 6.0: Ryder out vs. Pens (DTD, upper body), Prust & Diaz also out

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-05-2013, 03:53 AM
  #551
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,535
vCash: 500
Maybe Pleks' groin injury is not so serious after all...hope-hope/crossing fingers!! (link: The Gazette).

''Therrien offered some good news on the injury front on a night when Ryan White returned after missing six games with an ankle injury.
He said Plekanec was day-to-day and offered some hope that the veteran would be able to play Saturday night when the Canadiens meet the Boston Bruins in a battle for first placed in the Northeast Division. There was also good news on Rene Bourque and Raphael Diaz, who are recovering from concussions. “Rene is real close,” Therrien said. “I don’t think he’ll play this weekend but he’s close. And Diaz is making progress.”

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...901/story.html



p.s.: IF Pleks can play vs Bos on Saturday...I say no. Let him rest to be 100% sure and Bos is a violent team filled with whiners/cheaters/criminals/thugs, so...let the Whites, Blundens, and Dumonts play. Give Pleks some much needed rest. I also somehow want Subban, Gorges, Markov...to get some rest or less ice-time to save them for playoffs. Then again...it's a very short season!!, but still...the real season is where it all happens...or not.

Mr. Hab is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 08:56 AM
  #552
Burke the Legend
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,479
vCash: 1054
Yeah he should rest groin injuries can take a while to fully heal, why push it back just so it can flare up again and become a real hinderence during the playoffs?

Burke the Legend is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 10:17 AM
  #553
MarkovsKnee
Registered User
 
MarkovsKnee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,615
vCash: 500
I'd rather Pleks face Boston and then rest him against Washington (sorry Jets) on Tuesday. That would give him 4 days rest. The Bruins game is pretty much a MUST win. We lose that game and we're 1 pt behind Boston and they have a game in hand. I think if that happens we're not winning the division. If we beat Boston, we're 3 points up. GIH doesn't matter.

It's one thing to be good against the Jets another against Boston. I'd feel more comfortable with Pleks in the line-up probably MT does too.

MarkovsKnee is online now  
Old
04-05-2013, 10:20 AM
  #554
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,956
vCash: 500
Good for Pleks/Bourque.

Whenever we're healthy, I'd go with:

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
Bourque - Plekanec - Ryder
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gionta
Prust - Halpern - Moen
White

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Subban
Bouillon - Diaz
Drewiske

Price
Budaj

HiggsBozon is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 10:22 AM
  #555
EveryDay
Registered User
 
EveryDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,352
vCash: 500
No update yet today?????????????????????????????????

EveryDay is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 10:25 AM
  #556
hogtownhabsfan*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Maybe Pleks' groin injury is not so serious after all...hope-hope/crossing fingers!! (link: The Gazette).

''Therrien offered some good news on the injury front on a night when Ryan White returned after missing six games with an ankle injury.
He said Plekanec was day-to-day and offered some hope that the veteran would be able to play Saturday night when the Canadiens meet the Boston Bruins in a battle for first placed in the Northeast Division. There was also good news on Rene Bourque and Raphael Diaz, who are recovering from concussions. “Rene is real close,” Therrien said. “I don’t think he’ll play this weekend but he’s close. And Diaz is making progress.”

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...901/story.html



p.s.: IF Pleks can play vs Bos on Saturday...I say no. Let him rest to be 100% sure and Bos is a violent team filled with whiners/cheaters/criminals/thugs, so...let the Whites, Blundens, and Dumonts play. Give Pleks some much needed rest. I also somehow want Subban, Gorges, Markov...to get some rest or less ice-time to save them for playoffs. Then again...it's a very short season!!, but still...the real season is where it all happens...or not.
Getting 2nd in the East is absolutely crucial though. That would give us a realistic path to the conference finals....

Every point is crucial!

hogtownhabsfan* is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 10:29 AM
  #557
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 29,408
vCash: 152
Dave Stubbs @Dave_Stubbs
.@MGower82 #Habs Bourque is getting very close to a return. Diaz is making good progress

Le Tricolore is online now  
Old
04-05-2013, 10:30 AM
  #558
Nedved
Registered User
 
Nedved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,784
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Getting 2nd in the East is absolutely crucial though. That would give us a realistic path to the conference finals....

Every point is crucial!
here's how I see it:


I wan the 3rd, or 6th place team in the 2nd round.

Nedved is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 10:31 AM
  #559
EveryDay
Registered User
 
EveryDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Dave Stubbs @Dave_Stubbs
.@MGower82 #Habs Bourque is getting very close to a return. Diaz is making good progress
They said that yesterday but still no update on today practice..... Wondering if Pleky will be able to play tomorrow

EveryDay is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 10:47 AM
  #560
Lshap
Moderator
 
Lshap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,977
vCash: 500
Man, the only thing trickier than a concussion is a groin injury. I've had 'em, and skating is one of the hardest movements on that part of the body. It could last a few days or a few months. Plekanec looked uncomfortable, not bent over, so it was probably a light strain. Still, it makes him vulnerable with his quick, wide strides.

Plekanec is an unbelievable competitor, but I don't want him anywhere near tomorrow's game until that muscle is totally healed.

Lshap is online now  
Old
04-05-2013, 11:55 AM
  #561
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,792
vCash: 500
I honestly forgot RB was on this team. I guess that means he is replaceable.

Habs is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 12:25 PM
  #562
Estimated_Prophet
Registered User
 
Estimated_Prophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
I honestly forgot RB was on this team. I guess that means he is replaceable.
It means that you forgot that he was on the team.........

Estimated_Prophet is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 12:32 PM
  #563
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 34,220
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Dave Stubbs @Dave_Stubbs
.@MGower82 #Habs Bourque is getting very close to a return. Diaz is making good progress
Great news

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 12:44 PM
  #564
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Thanks for info.

Pacioretty:
as happy as I am about him playing tonight...I wish he would take it easy a bit to be 100% sure and to be 100% for playoffs.
What a wolverine!!

Pleks:
groin...relieved it's not more serious than that.
1-2-3 weeks?
He has approx. 4 weeks before playoffs...I hope he doesn't rush his groin. Go for lots of massage therapy...whatever it takes!!
Agreed. We are almost a lock for 4th. Laffs have to win out if we play .500 the rest of the way, and Ottawa can only lose once if we are .500 the rest of the way.

1st or 2nd would be nice, but no, rest the injured guys more, and rest Markov and Cube too.

Let the team face Boston without Pleks and Bourque on Saturday, and fight for 1st/2nd. This is what builds playoff character.

Booins are missing Bergeron too, we can win this game without Pleks and Bourque.

Habs fans are not used to the concept of being a home team lock in the first round. Gotta go in as healthy as possible.

bsl is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 12:57 PM
  #565
Lshap
Moderator
 
Lshap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,977
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Agreed. We are almost a lock for 4th. Laffs have to win out if we play .500 the rest of the way, and Ottawa can only lose once if we are .500 the rest of the way.

1st or 2nd would be nice, but no, rest the injured guys more, and rest Markov and Cube too.

Let the team face Boston without Pleks and Bourque on Saturday, and fight for 1st/2nd. This is what builds playoff character.

Booins are missing Bergeron too, we can win this game without Pleks and Bourque.

Habs fans are not used to the concept of being a home team lock in the first round. Gotta go in as healthy as possible.
Good point about resting Markov and Pit-Bouill. I'm wondering if Therrien will start easing off their minutes in the next two weeks.

Also very curious to see the phenomenon known as 'Markov-in-the-playoffs'. I have memories of watching its glow orbit the Earth, but it's been a long time.

Lshap is online now  
Old
04-05-2013, 01:27 PM
  #566
TheGoalJudge
Registered User
 
TheGoalJudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,104
vCash: 500
If we finish 4th, we're guaranteed PIT or BOS in the 2nd round unless they are upset. And then we play the remainder of the two in the ECF unless they are upset.

If we finish 2nd, we have a chance to play the SE Division winner in the 2nd round.

Right now, in 2nd place, we'd likely face NYI then WAS.

In 4th place, we'd likely face OTT then PIT.

F THAT lol.

TheGoalJudge is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 02:29 PM
  #567
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
It means that you forgot that he was on the team.........
No, the team hasn't skipped a beat, unlike losing a real piece of the puzzle. Replaceable

Habs is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 02:33 PM
  #568
andy28
Registered User
 
andy28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,266
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
I honestly forgot RB was on this team. I guess that means he is replaceable.
Bourque is a good top 6 player. He can score dirty goals in front of the net and handle the physical stuff. Have we done fine without him? Sure. But come playoff time its great to have that kind of scoring depth. We don't know who will be injured. Bourque was replaceable because we had guys to take his place. When one of those guys gets injured, then Bourque can step up and take his.


Last edited by andy28: 04-05-2013 at 02:42 PM.
andy28 is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 02:45 PM
  #569
Et le But
Registered User
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
No, the team hasn't skipped a beat, unlike losing a real piece of the puzzle. Replaceable
That doesn't mean it isn't better with him than without him. He's a somewhat physical depth scorer, not a first liner.

Et le But is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 02:57 PM
  #570
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice
 
Habs Icing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 6,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
I honestly forgot RB was on this team. I guess that means he is replaceable.
Or that you got a bad memory.

Habs Icing is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 02:59 PM
  #571
uiCk
GrEmelins
 
uiCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Or that you got a bad memory.
lol'd


Very happy good news on Pleky, mucho importante

uiCk is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 03:04 PM
  #572
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,473
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
No, the team hasn't skipped a beat, unlike losing a real piece of the puzzle. Replaceable
Pens won like 8 straight without Malkin. Replaceable.

Sens are in the playoffs and doing well without Spezza & Karlsson. Replaceable.

hototogisu is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 03:07 PM
  #573
M.C.G. 31
31
 
M.C.G. 31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Greece
Posts: 47,839
vCash: 233
I have a hunch that Bourque will be good to go tomorrow and play vs. Boston. Excited to see him return whenever it happens. Good news on Bourque/Diaz. Hopefully Plek will be good to go tomorrow too.

__________________

"It's going to be great. I can't wait for the crowd, the noise, the energy in the building. I can't wait to take that all away from them." - PK Subban
He has physical charisma. When he talks he sounds like a gps device in a car. "In 500 feet, belie dat!" - NewAgeOutlaw
M.C.G. 31 is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 03:07 PM
  #574
hardcorehabs
Registered User
 
hardcorehabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 537
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Pens won like 8 straight without Malkin. Replaceable.

Sens are in the playoffs and doing well without Spezza & Karlsson. Replaceable.
Lol!

We won without Price last night. Replaceable.

hardcorehabs is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 03:08 PM
  #575
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Pens won like 8 straight without Malkin. Replaceable.

Sens are in the playoffs and doing well without Spezza & Karlsson. Replaceable.
I'm sorry you can't spot the difference between Malkin and Bourque.

Habs is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.