HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

More like Loseapeg (Habs win 4-1)

Old
04-05-2013, 12:08 PM
SB164

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goallagher View Post

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 12:14 PM
All Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
HAHA

All Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 12:21 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkingHead View Post
Leafs lose too!
If we go .500, they would have to win out to catch us. GBYE!

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 12:23 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Loving Montreal's acquisitions.

Ryder - point a game with the Habs.
Halpern - PK has gone 17 of 18 since his arrival and faceoff percentage of the team has gone up from 48% to 55%.
Drewiske - had a few hiccups but has looked solid overall.

Habs did not need to make a move at the deadline. Bergevin brought in three good players at the price of Cole and a 5th... plus he obtained a 3rd rounder as well. Asset management at it's finest.

To boot, when Bourque and Diaz come back... hello.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 12:38 PM
Hemlor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post

Halpern - PK has gone 17 of 18 since his arrival and faceoff percentage of the team has gone up from 48% to 55%.

Habs did not need to make a move at the deadline. Bergevin brought in three good players at the price of Cole and a 5th... plus he obtained a 3rd rounder as well. Asset management at it's finest.

Completely agree. Lets ride out and enjoy the playoffs as long as they go. Then I think we will see the roster really taking shape. I am a little torn on Ryder though. I'm happy that he's with the team, and he is playing great. So do the Habs sign him? He can demand a lot of money and a long term deal, which will not be easy to do, but can you just let a goal scorer go like that? Ideally he would do a 2 or 3 year deal, but I think he could get at least 3 on the open market. But I'm glad he's back with the team

Hemlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 12:40 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Thought it was one of the best games of the year for both White and Moen, can tell White is a lot more effective on the wing than centre.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 12:45 PM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post

Halpern - PK has gone 17 of 18 since his arrival
and faceoff percentage of the team has gone up from 48% to 55%.

I was looking for this last night, the pk has been noticeable better but I think Moen's play is a part of the that, along with Halpern.

When diaz is back, there are possible changes to the line-up.

Markov Diaz
Gorges Subban
Emelin Boullion

or

Markov Emelin
Gorges Subban
Drewiske/Boullion Diaz

not exactly sure.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 12:46 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 777
Not hearing much about the E.Kane helmet thing last night?

Am I the only one who thinks he tried to hit Emelin with it in a reckless manner? I think if it was say Ladd who did it, I would probably give him the benefit of the doubt but with E.Kane, I think he meant to hit him with it.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 12:47 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Wow.. I will remember this as the day Galchenyuk almost bust Hainsey's right leg.

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 12:50 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Plekanec, Eller, Galchenyuk should be the 1 2 3 centers on this team.... sigh..its what i HOPEd for thinking back to last august and its clearly what should happen now...

yet desharnais gets a 4 year extension.....4 YEARS of him just clogging up a KEY spot we need

i cant take away from what he has brung and his uh...effort? to finally MAKING the NHL, but to think hes the piece we've been missing for years is just wrong... i get the GM rewarding his grueling path to the NHL and everything, but my god..

Great game by Eller, great game for Galchenyuk, we all know he plays better at center (hell it happened to eller just last year too)

Happy Ryders contributing but he still hasnt fooled me. i wanted coles liberated salary to go towards helping bring a 8 million dollar man here, but i dont think that will happen anymore, ..does bergevin use that 4.5 mill on ryder then? ...thats exactly what gauthier did to bring a 33 yr old cole here and look what happened

Ryders gonna be 34 during next season , be careful what you offer him... 2 years 8 mill? ok, but anything more then that year or money wise and ill freak..

Bring on Jagr and the bruins.

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 12:51 PM
mim0910
Rookie User

Loving Ryder back, but i find he gets flat when hes been on a team for a while, needs to be moved around to keep him fresh which makes re signing him nervous...

...I'd still do it though. 3YR/12M

mim0910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 12:54 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Wow.. I will remember this as the day Galchenyuk almost bust Hainsey's right leg.
Hockey's version of the ankle breaker

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 01:01 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mim0910 View Post
Loving Ryder back, but i find he gets flat when hes been on a team for a while, needs to be moved around to keep him fresh which makes re signing him nervous...

...I'd still do it though. 3YR/12M
The only time Ryder has really been "flat" was his last year with us. He's produced everywhere else. His numbers were lower in Boston because they had him playing on the 3rd line a lot, but most Bruin fans were still happy with his play and sorry to see him go.

Seems like wherever he goes he just scores goals, independent of linemates, good team/bad team, etc. That'll make him extremely valuable on July 1st.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 01:06 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
I love the fact that

a) He has the confidence to attempt this move as a 19 year old playing in the NHL
b) That he is able to do it
and c) That after successfully punking Hainsey he drives right to the net for a great scoring chance.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 01:06 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Not hearing much about the E.Kane helmet thing last night?

Am I the only one who thinks he tried to hit Emelin with it in a reckless manner? I think if it was say Ladd who did it, I would probably give him the benefit of the doubt but with E.Kane, I think he meant to hit him with it.
I don't think it matters. It was so reckless that you have to punish it, even if the "intent" was not there.

To be fair to Kane, a fine might suffice, even though a suspension of 1 or 2 games might be warranted, though to be honest I just don't expect anything after this bush league allowed Gregory Campbell to hit Tom Pyatt repeatedly in the face with a hard plastic elbow pad, and got ZERO consequences.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 01:09 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
The only time Ryder has really been "flat" was his last year with us. He's produced everywhere else. His numbers were lower in Boston because they had him playing on the 3rd line a lot, but most Bruin fans were still happy with his play and sorry to see him go.

Seems like wherever he goes he just scores goals, independent of linemates, good team/bad team, etc. That'll make him extremely valuable on July 1st.
But several teams had a crack at him two years ago, and Dallas gave him the best deal when the cap was higher. I think the GMs are not stupid, they overpay for "character guys" like Clowe, but are just a tad hesitant with one-dimensional guys like Ryder.

Maybe offer him 2 years, $5M per? That's a big raise over his last contract, and he is not getting younger, and maybe he enjoys playing here and would accept. The term would make it that his and Gionta's contracts do not expire the same year.

And we can afford it, and probably still have almost $3M under the cap.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS
Rene Bourque ($3.333m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)
Max Pacioretty ($4.500m) / David Desharnais ($3.500m) / Brendan Gallagher ($0.870m)
Brandon Prust ($2.500m) / Alex Galchenyuk ($3.225m) / Michael Ryder ($5.000m)
Lars Eller ($1.325m) / Jeff Halpern ($0.700m) / Travis Moen ($1.850m)
Ryan White ($0.722m) / Gabriel Dumont ($0.578m)

DEFENSEMEN
Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / Alexei Emelin ($2.000m)
Josh Gorges ($3.900m) / P.K. Subban ($2.875m)
Francis Bouillon ($1.500m) / Raphael Diaz ($1.225m)
Davis Drewiske ($0.617m)

GOALTENDERS
Carey Price ($6.500m)
Peter Budaj ($1.500m)

OTHER
Buyout: Tomas Kaberle ($0.000m)

------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,969,375; BONUSES: $2,485,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $2,815,625

Last edited by BaseballCoach: 04-05-2013 at 01:17 PM.
Old
04-05-2013, 01:13 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bask View Post
I think we can all agree that price played like **** tonight once again, not a single save, -1/0, his name wasn't even mentionned once, no stars
He was invisible. That's good when you're a Dman, but bad when you're a goalie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Opening post said it all.

Really loving the Ryder trade, but I'm still not sure that re-signing Ryder is the right move. Everyone loved Cole last year, but things can change real quickly, especially when players get 33-34-35, etc. Ryder will most likely be looking for a 4-5 years deal but I'd not go above 2 years. Keep him hungry.
Try to enjoy the day, today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
blue jackets look good.

3-1
I'd trade our lineup for theirs right now. Yeah Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
This Saturday: Boston vs Montreal

(sorry Whiskey)
This is just wrong. It's sick. I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24get View Post
IF this team is healthy when the PO start, we are going to be a serious threat.
Add Plekanec, Bourque, Diaz and Armstrong.
Plus we have Dumont, Beaulieu and Tinordi in the pipeline.
'kristo'.....he said quietly when no one was listening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Feels a lot like 93.

I was 4 but no1curr
PLEASE DO NOT WRITE THIS UNTIL THE FINALS. OK? NO ONE IN 93 WROTE 'FEELS LIKE 86.' STOP. CEASE. THIS EXPRESSION IS STUPID, A HUGE JINX, AND BANNED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
Nope. Just wait for it

The tribe has spoken... but screw you guys, I'm going home... err, doing this my way

Post on Facebook, send to Bruins players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamateizer View Post
officially, we cannot finish 15th
Set the bar a bit higher. It's OK, you won't get hurt.

Quote:
Good backhand, and he had a goal. He'll need to work on that. He will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt77 View Post
I'm just coming back from the Bell Centre, it was my first game this year and I gotta say, I'm really impressed by Alex Galchenyuk.

The hell with his stats, you guys just need to be patient, he's going to be a #1 in the league very soon. His development is going to be pretty similar to Joe Thornton's, a slow start but an impressive career.
I've almost lost patience with him in fact, his slow start is shocking. 19 years old, 30 games, showing nothing. I drink to drown my disappointment.

Last edited by bsl: 04-05-2013 at 01:19 PM.
bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 01:23 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
I don't think it matters. It was so reckless that you have to punish it, even if the "intent" was not there.

To be fair to Kane, a fine might suffice, even though a suspension of 1 or 2 games might be warranted, though to be honest I just don't expect anything after this bush league allowed Gregory Campbell to hit Tom Pyatt repeatedly in the face with a hard plastic elbow pad, and got ZERO consequences.
The problem is, besides Dave Stubbs tweeting about it, I have not heard anything from anyone.

It's like it didn't even happen. Was a very dangerous play, and did he not get an extra 10? Was it for instigating or the helmet play?

Old
04-05-2013, 02:35 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
The problem is, besides Dave Stubbs tweeting about it, I have not heard anything from anyone.

It's like it didn't even happen. Was a very dangerous play, and did he not get an extra 10? Was it for instigating or the helmet play?
The helmet. You don't just get 10 for instigating, you get 2 + 10 + the fighting major. Besides, he didn't instigate.

Old
04-05-2013, 02:49 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
But several teams had a crack at him two years ago, and Dallas gave him the best deal when the cap was higher. I think the GMs are not stupid, they overpay for "character guys" like Clowe, but are just a tad hesitant with one-dimensional guys like Ryder.

Maybe offer him 2 years, $5M per? That's a big raise over his last contract, and he is not getting younger, and maybe he enjoys playing here and would accept. The term would make it that his and Gionta's contracts do not expire the same year.
It's possible GMs were less sold on him 2 years ago, but I think his great play for a subpar Dallas team and his smooth transition to a PPG player in an entirely new system in Montreal will turn some heads. I haven't looked at the UFA options this year for a while but I have to think he's one of the better wingers out there.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 03:18 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
It's possible GMs were less sold on him 2 years ago, but I think his great play for a subpar Dallas team and his smooth transition to a PPG player in an entirely new system in Montreal will turn some heads. I haven't looked at the UFA options this year for a while but I have to think he's one of the better wingers out there.
At this point, you try and offer him 4.5M to 5M per, on a 3 years contract.

The thing is, nobody can possibly believe his game will suffer from getting slower and slower over the years. His skating has always been a deficiency and he's managed to become a pretty darn good player despite that.

Let's close the loop and keep him for good.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 04:09 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
At this point, you try and offer him 4.5M to 5M per, on a 3 years contract.

The thing is, nobody can possibly believe his game will suffer from getting slower and slower over the years. His skating has always been a deficiency and he's managed to become a pretty darn good player despite that.

Let's close the loop and keep him for good.
He made a glove save that allowed Boston to escape the 1st round the year they won the Cup.
Surprised he didn't get a new contract for that alone!

Old
04-05-2013, 05:33 PM
cphabs
It complels you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewall View Post
a Young Mike Keane more then Ryder!
Agreed!!!

cphabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 05:53 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTricK09 View Post
And meanwhile some Leaf fans are already hating on O'Byrne

Can't believe how I read that some people here wanted O'Byrne over Drewiske too
My only concern with OB as a habs fan, is that he could become one of those guys that plays above himself when it comes to playing against the habs.

When you mix in rivalry with the motivation of showing up your old team, it can lead to a headache for the opposition. Look at Grabovski vs the habs, or Ryder vs the habs as a bruin. Heck, even pouliot vs the habs as a bruin.

I hadn't seen drewiske play this year, but I had seen him in years past, and he always came across as solid. I'm happy with the move, but just a little concerned about where OB ended up.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 05:58 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
My only concern with OB as a habs fan, is that he could become one of those guys that plays above himself when it comes to playing against the habs.

When you mix in rivalry with the motivation of showing up your old team, it can lead to a headache for the opposition. Look at Grabovski vs the habs, or Ryder vs the habs as a bruin. Heck, even pouliot vs the habs as a bruin.

I hadn't seen drewiske play this year, but I had seen him in years past, and he always came across as solid. I'm happy with the move, but just a little concerned about where OB ended up.
Hopefully O'Byrne plays like Komisarek has against us.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote