HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

Phoenix LXXIII: "This Space Available"

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2013, 08:05 PM
DJ Omnimaga

vCash: 500
Seeing as Pastor didn't know Winnipeg already got a team back, does he at least know the name of the team he's trying to purchase?

Old
04-04-2013, 09:09 PM
aqib

Quote:
Originally Posted by halligan10 View Post
How serious can we take this new potential buyer M.Pastor?...Seriously he should of have contacted Jamison 6 weeks ago and benefit from a huge AMF from Glendale. But no he decided to wait so he could make it fair for everyone including the tax payers in Glendale. What a nice man!
Jamison wanted 25% equity without putting up 25% of the money so the deal wasn't all that great for other investors. There have been other windows for guys to get in over the past 4 years. The only excuses someone would have to want to get in now are Glendale's willingness to do a shorter term deal, he suddenly got rich recently, or the NHL is willing to finance the purchase themselves (i.e. you pay $50 million up front and the other $120 million over 10 years interest free)

Old
04-04-2013, 11:54 PM
Llama19

vCash: 1100
Craig Morgan ‏@cmorgancbsfoxaz

Based on what I'm hearing (and I understand your skepticism), an announcement on #Coyotes ownership could come quickly.

Source: https://twitter.com/cmorgancbsfoxaz

Be seeing you!

Last edited by Llama19: 04-16-2013 at 11:26 PM.
Old
04-05-2013, 02:39 AM
Killion
Global Moderator

So this CraigMorgan‏@cmorgancbsfoxaz is also claiming Gosbee/LeBlanc will be submitting a proposal "later this week". Like, tomorrow or rather today now as in Friday April the 5th Im guessing. Thing is, if he works for FoxPhx, why are there no stories to back these claims up on the affiliate there in Arizona? If this is indeed hard news then what gives with the guys employers saying nowt?... anyhoo, anyone up for a tasty Cap'n Morgans based alcoholic beverage? Huh? Youve got your Shark Bite, Pirates Float, Jolly (named after Alan Hale Jr of Gilligans Island fame) Skipper or my favourite...

Skin & Bones

Old
04-05-2013, 07:09 AM
JimAnchower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama19 View Post

Based on what I'm hearing (and I understand your skepticism), an announcement on #Coyotes ownership could come quickly.

Be seeing you!
Given that the NHL "approved" sales to Hulsizer and Jamison before, this hardly seems like it means anything.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/D...est%20Buy&sc=0

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=630929

Old
04-05-2013, 07:26 AM
GuelphStormer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqib View Post
Jamison wanted 25% equity without putting up 25% of the money so the deal wasn't all that great for other investors. There have been other windows for guys to get in over the past 4 years. The only excuses someone would have to want to get in now are Glendale's willingness to do a shorter term deal, he suddenly got rich recently, or the NHL is willing to finance the purchase themselves (i.e. you pay $50 million up front and the other $120 million over 10 years interest free)
where did you see this?

Old
04-05-2013, 07:34 AM
halligan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
So this CraigMorgan‏@cmorgancbsfoxaz is also claiming Gosbee/LeBlanc will be submitting a proposal "later this week". Like, tomorrow or rather today now as in Friday April the 5th Im guessing. Thing is, if he works for FoxPhx, why are there no stories to back these claims up on the affiliate there in Arizona? If this is indeed hard news then what gives with the guys employers saying nowt?... anyhoo, anyone up for a tasty Cap'n Morgans based alcoholic beverage? Huh? Youve got your Shark Bite, Pirates Float, Jolly (named after Alan Hale Jr of Gilligans Island fame) Skipper or my favourite...

Skin & Bones
Killion make sure its a spice captain its friday morning after all!!

Old
04-05-2013, 08:44 AM
Llama19

Quote:

Skin & Bones

Among my initial impressions of #Coyotes prospective buyer George Gosbee: He has a terrific sense of humor.

Aye...must like sending them scallywags down the plank

Be seeing you!

Old
04-05-2013, 10:14 AM
ducks2010
I buy milk in bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducks2010 View Post
Not sure exactly what is going on but I had on yesterday's meeting/workshop/executive session video stream while working on something else... As it got to the end something very unusual happened. Instead of going into executive session to talk about Tindall's dismissal, they stayed online and in public. They explained the reasoning being that it was because Tindall and his lawyer would normally attend the executive session to discuss Tindall's package but because of the city's apparent short notice, both Tindall and his lawyer could not make it. Glendale was unwilling to reschedule to a time that Tindall and his lawyer could show up (they wanted to get on with getting rid of Tindall and not extend this mess any longer). There was a feeling that Tindall was continuing to receive full pay and benefits while this process continues to drag on. Apparently, in response, Tindall requested that the discussion happen in open public rather than in exec session which is apparently his right to request... so that he could watch it streaming online from the comfort of his pool chair... so they did it in public... Full discussion about giving Tindall the option to resign and continue to receive full pay and benefits for six months (worth $186K) and glowing recommendations or if not terminate him and give him just what they are legally obligated to give him. oh ya... they also discussed allowing him to keep his cell phone and number. Weiers said he didn't understand what the big deal was because he just bought his wife a phone for 50 bucks. They also set a deadline of this Monday at noon for him to get back to them so that this doesn't drag any longer. Anyways... I just went back and I can't seem to find the video anywhere online now.
I see the video of this special meeting is now posted.

http://glendale-az.granicus.com/Medi...2&clip_id=1791

Old
04-05-2013, 12:09 PM
Hawker14

Why don't reporters ask the important questions.

Does his fax machine have the correct date ?
Can he spell ?

If Hulsizer can get approved by the Executive Committee without having these, then this Pastor fella should be a lock.

Last edited by Hawker14: 04-05-2013 at 12:18 PM.
Old
04-05-2013, 12:42 PM
Major4Boarding
Global Moderator
Private Equity

Welp...

Quote:
Paul Giblin‏@PaulGiblinAriz
Sorry #Coyotes fans. No ownership announcement expected today. #NHL's Bill Daly told me: "It continues to be a work in process."

Old
04-05-2013, 12:52 PM
pondnorth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major4Boarding View Post
Welp...
Wow,shocking announcement.Can we now go back to the regular,in 2 weeks.

Old
04-05-2013, 01:21 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

I sure hope the league isnt trying to play the city
yet again. Honestly that would just be the limit.

Old
04-05-2013, 01:23 PM
cbcwpg

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major4Boarding View Post
Welp...
Paul Giblin‏@PaulGiblinAriz
Sorry #Coyotes fans. No ownership announcement expected today. #NHL's Bill Daly told me: "It continues to be a work in process."

Building something with the actual goal of finishing it, can be called a work in process.

Calling this thing a "work in process" is an insult to all works in process. I think the word Bill is looking for is "stagnant",.... as in "It continues to be stagnant"

Last edited by cbcwpg: 04-05-2013 at 02:15 PM.
Old
04-05-2013, 01:25 PM
QcBlizzard
Regis-tered fan

Gee! This guy is a genius! He is now everywhere, from Las Vegas to NYC.

Old
04-05-2013, 01:31 PM
Ugmo

What happens when he's exposed as a charlatan? Is the hope that the Times Square jumbotron will have moved on to other things by that point?

Old
04-05-2013, 02:03 PM
checkerdome

"Paul Giblin‏@PaulGiblinAriz
Sorry #Coyotes fans. No ownership announcement expected today. #NHL's Bill Daly told me: "It continues to be a work in process." "

I wonder if he meant to say/write "work in progress"?

It's an important distinction when something's as close to fruition like the sale of the Yotes.

Old
04-05-2013, 02:25 PM
QcBlizzard
Regis-tered fan

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: CAPSTONEAFFLUENTSTRATEGIES.COM
Registrant:
Domains By Proxy, LLC
Domain servers in listed order:

Mmmmm registered through ... godaddy...

Old
04-05-2013, 02:29 PM
Llama19

Can confirm this. RT @NBCSportsRoc Things moving quickly: Just told, Darin Pastor's team submitting paperwork to NHL today.

Be seeing you!

Old
04-05-2013, 02:40 PM
Llama19

Quote:
I sure hope the league isnt trying to play the city
yet again. Honestly that would just be the limit.
Yet again, pushing it to the limit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT8OU5WtfkQ

Be seeing you!

Old
04-05-2013, 02:41 PM
Major4Boarding
Global Moderator
Private Equity

Time to close up shop and move to other thread then

Phoenix LXXIV: Be Seeing You

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1395547