HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12/13 Draft Thread: The top 5 sucks, late first-round picks rule.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-05-2013, 11:52 AM
  #401
will13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post
Have you watched him yourself?

If so, please describe what offensive skills he has improved lately. Just curious what his potential is.

I watched him a few times earlier, and he didn't look like he was creating much offensively, but lately I see that hi stats have increased significantly.
The bounces weren't going his way for the first half of the season. He was getting his chances but he was snake bitten completely. When it started going in for him though you could see the confidence he had and that's when you see the best of a player.

His game is really well rounded, he does all the little things right to go along with great hockey sense. Theres not one aspect of his game where he doesnt contribute. Though hes more of a goal scorer than playmaker, he also has a bit of grit to his game. In some regards I'd say hes sort of like Shane Doan, just a complete player.


Last edited by will13: 04-05-2013 at 11:57 AM.
will13 is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 11:58 AM
  #402
Guy Boucher
Registered User
 
Guy Boucher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,593
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
Monahan is in both
The Eastern scout didn't have Monahan in it at all but it seems they edited the page since.

Guy Boucher is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 12:18 PM
  #403
Sundinisagod
next great swede
 
Sundinisagod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 8,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Naz View Post
Wow a lot of differences on those drafts. We have to remember that when doubting each other on who we like. Teams have their own lists. I had to research who Klimchuck was, it's been so long since I've heard his name.

When I read the West scouts list, I came to 3 and assumed he was talking about Drouin, then scanned my eyes left and was stunned to see Nichuskin. I know he's talented but the most talented?

And to have Rasmus Ristolainen slide to 16? I doubt it. But these guys are supposed to be the best.....?

FWIW I think Button has Risto ranked around 20th...

Sundinisagod is online now  
Old
04-05-2013, 01:43 PM
  #404
7even
Moderator
Deus Ex Machina
 
7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Boucher View Post
The Eastern scout didn't have Monahan in it at all but it seems they edited the page since.
Legit? That's hilarious

Way to go, "guru"

7even is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 01:46 PM
  #405
theIceWookie
Pessimism Revoked
 
theIceWookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
Legit? That's hilarious

Way to go, "guru"
Haha see I knew I wasn't crazy

theIceWookie is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 02:26 PM
  #406
TMLife
#teambernier
 
TMLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,528
vCash: 500
No lehkonen in either mock...

TMLife is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 04:27 PM
  #407
pooleboy
#tankformcdavid
 
pooleboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 5,870
vCash: 500
I'm surprised to see a lot of people NOT wanted fucale. I am a big james reimer fan but u it seems like he may be the best player and best need for the team.

pooleboy is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 04:39 PM
  #408
N4Z3M LUPUL
Registered User
 
N4Z3M LUPUL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Welland, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 958
vCash: 500
i cant see us passing up domi if he's there. IMO

N4Z3M LUPUL is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 04:51 PM
  #409
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 71,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by N4Z3M LUPUL View Post
i cant see us passing up domi if he's there. IMO
We do have connections due to his father but we need skilled prospects this time around. We have some depth to let them play their careers in the Juniors and what not and get stronger.

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 04:58 PM
  #410
The Naz
With God given hands
 
The Naz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
We do have connections due to his father but we need skilled prospects this time around. We have some depth to let them play their careers in the Juniors and what not and get stronger.
Your post makes it seem like MAX Domi has no skill. ??

I take it that's a mistake. That's the kids bread and butter. That and determination. If he didn't have diabeatus, he'd be a top 10 prospect. I wouldn't be surprised at him going late in the 1st, or early, as opposed to mid 1st.

The Naz is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 05:07 PM
  #411
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 71,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Naz View Post
Your post makes it seem like MAX Domi has no skill. ??

I take it that's a mistake. That's the kids bread and butter. That and determination. If he didn't have diabeatus, he'd be a top 10 prospect. I wouldn't be surprised at him going late in the 1st, or early, as opposed to mid 1st.
He has skill but I question what level of skill does he have, a supporting guy in the line or the main guy who runs that line. I like his game and I do like him but I want the high boom high bust type picks this time around we have a lot of safe picks in our system.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 05:26 PM
  #412
Rare Jewel
Patience
 
Rare Jewel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Leaf Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,149
vCash: 500
Not our prospect or for this coming draft, But according to Bobby Mac's best guess, We could be seeing Sean Day playing in the GTA for Mississauga.

Rare Jewel is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 05:37 PM
  #413
-DeMo-
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Huntsville Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,390
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to -DeMo-
Ottawa is taking konecny first overall instead of Day according to the OHL website. assuming it just goes by points they would also need Erie and Peterbourgh to pass on him aswell for Mississauga to pick him unless they trade up

-DeMo- is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 06:17 PM
  #414
Sundinisagod
next great swede
 
Sundinisagod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 8,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
He has skill but I question what level of skill does he have, a supporting guy in the line or the main guy who runs that line. I like his game and I do like him but I want the high boom high bust type picks this time around we have a lot of safe picks in our system.

As much as I'd love to have Tie's kid on our team, maybe not actually that's gonna make us feel old watching his kid , anyhow I think Burke has rubbed off on me and I have serious reservations about drafing a player well under 6' tall with our first rounder, maybe deep down I'm scared if Domi ends up being a solid player our forward group start to resemble the smurfish Habs.

Sundinisagod is online now  
Old
04-05-2013, 06:26 PM
  #415
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game
 
ErnieLeafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Windsor, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,173
vCash: 500
Max Domi reminds me so much of Grabo, it's not even funny

ErnieLeafs is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 09:46 PM
  #416
Duffman955
Registered User
 
Duffman955's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,059
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
We do have connections due to his father but we need skilled prospects this time around. We have some depth to let them play their careers in the Juniors and what not and get stronger.
WTH.

Your post makes no sense. Domi stirs the pot in the London knights team. Most skilled player outside the top 10. You make it seem like he is a plugger.

Duffman955 is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 09:51 PM
  #417
Rare Jewel
Patience
 
Rare Jewel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Leaf Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,149
vCash: 500
Watched London v Kitchener tonight.

Real impressed by Ellie if he keeps it up using a 2nd on him wouldn't be crazy.

Rare Jewel is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 10:12 PM
  #418
7even
Moderator
Deus Ex Machina
 
7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare Jewel View Post
Watched London v Kitchener tonight.

Real impressed by Ellie if he keeps it up using a 2nd on him wouldn't be crazy.
Haven't heard much about him -- what's his game?

7even is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 10:28 PM
  #419
Rare Jewel
Patience
 
Rare Jewel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Leaf Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
Haven't heard much about him -- what's his game?
Fast, Powerful skater with good size(6'1 already 200lbs)

His numbers during the season aren't fantastic, But 6 pts in 5 games in the playoffs. Should have a bigger role next year as well.


He'd be the ideal 3rd round pick, But we could have 15-18 teams pick before us and I don't know if he would make it.

Rare Jewel is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 01:33 PM
  #420
theIceWookie
Pessimism Revoked
 
theIceWookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
He has skill but I question what level of skill does he have, a supporting guy in the line or the main guy who runs that line. I like his game and I do like him but I want the high boom high bust type picks this time around we have a lot of safe picks in our system.
That's pretty much the definition of Domi...

He's easily one of the most offensively talented players in the first round outside the top 10 guys. He's high potential for sure

theIceWookie is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 01:36 PM
  #421
theIceWookie
Pessimism Revoked
 
theIceWookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare Jewel View Post
Fast, Powerful skater with good size(6'1 already 200lbs)

His numbers during the season aren't fantastic, But 6 pts in 5 games in the playoffs. Should have a bigger role next year as well.


He'd be the ideal 3rd round pick, But we could have 15-18 teams pick before us and I don't know if he would make it.
He's been really hit hard by the depth of the Knights and didn't really get a huge chance in the season to show his game. He is now though.

theIceWookie is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 01:41 PM
  #422
theIceWookie
Pessimism Revoked
 
theIceWookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundinisagod View Post
As much as I'd love to have Tie's kid on our team, maybe not actually that's gonna make us feel old watching his kid , anyhow I think Burke has rubbed off on me and I have serious reservations about drafing a player well under 6' tall with our first rounder, maybe deep down I'm scared if Domi ends up being a solid player our forward group start to resemble the smurfish Habs.
Not to be a ****** or anything but the Leafs have the same number of players 6 foot 2 or over as the Canadiens do

He's 190 pounds now, guy is built like a friggin truck. I get the desire not to have a smaller guy who would get tossed around like a ragdoll, but small guys get a bad rap. Domi has the skill and the mass to make it in the NHL. The only issue I'd have is his anger but that can be mitigated with time.

Sorry to rant haha, the whole heightism thing in the NHL sort of annoys me in a big way

theIceWookie is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 01:42 PM
  #423
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game
 
ErnieLeafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Windsor, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,173
vCash: 500
DO NOT WANT Domi, under most circumstances. Just not my kind of personality for a team. Lacks self control, lacks a team mentality a lot of nights, an to be honest, I'd rather take a player that will provide some size and skill to Kadri's wing for the future, than a smallish, tweener of a center.

I'd feel different if I didn't see him enough to not like him.

ErnieLeafs is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 01:48 PM
  #424
Duffman955
Registered User
 
Duffman955's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,059
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theIceWookie View Post
Not to be a ****** or anything but the Leafs have the same number of players 6 foot 2 or over as the Canadiens do

He's 190 pounds now, guy is built like a friggin truck. I get the desire not to have a smaller guy who would get tossed around like a ragdoll, but small guys get a bad rap. Domi has the skill and the mass to make it in the NHL. The only issue I'd have is his anger but that can be mitigated with time.

Sorry to rant haha, the whole heightism thing in the NHL sort of annoys me in a big way
Who?

Leafs have:
Phaneuf, JVR, Orr, Mclaren, Gunnarson, Kostka, Fraser, Gardiner, Hamilton, Franson, Obyrne

Habs have:

Moen, Pacioretty, Armstrong, Tinordi

Totally the same number right?

Duffman955 is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 02:30 PM
  #425
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 71,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
DO NOT WANT Domi, under most circumstances. Just not my kind of personality for a team. Lacks self control, lacks a team mentality a lot of nights, an to be honest, I'd rather take a player that will provide some size and skill to Kadri's wing for the future, than a smallish, tweener of a center.

I'd feel different if I didn't see him enough to not like him.
I am almost the same about him but question his skill, I know he looks great but there is something that bugs me.

I obviously want the guy to succeed but I don't know if we are going to go for him even if he's on the table IMO.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.