HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Injury Thread (5/2: Staal/Boyle skate with scratches, Clowe doing off-ice work)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-05-2013, 09:30 AM
  #351
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Lest we forget
 
Megustaelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 5,673
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashtyAttack View Post
Excellent news
ANY news is shocking to me. I am disappointed in the Rangers that so little was shared with the fans about this injury and that we largely had to rely on the Staal family for updates.

Megustaelhockey is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 09:34 AM
  #352
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,550
vCash: 500
As long as we get him back for the stretch run and playoffs!.. Please!!

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 09:39 AM
  #353
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils
 
Tanner Glass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 17,586
vCash: 500
This is huge.

Getting Staal back means no more ****** players on defense

__________________
Tanner Glass is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 09:43 AM
  #354
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater
 
Panfork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,377
vCash: 500
This is great. It's so clear how much he's missed when he's not playing.

Who switches to the right side when he comes back? Moore?

Panfork is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 09:45 AM
  #355
Dactyl
LMFAO KOSTKA
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,232
vCash: 500
does moore play the right side?

McD-G
staal-stralsy
dz-moore

that has to be one of the most solid defenses in the league

Dactyl is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 11:28 AM
  #356
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,503
vCash: 500
Awards:
From the Whalepack thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by petoNHL View Post
Marek Hrivík will play today against Springfield or tomorrow at Bridgeport.
source: http://www.hokejportal.net/?q=clanok...-mesiace/45731
Great news.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 12:10 PM
  #357
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,930
vCash: 500
Shame Hrivik lost an entire year of development. On the Staal front, I'm as giddy as a school girl. With a good 6th D in Moore now we have very good players on every line.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 12:27 PM
  #358
16 To Stanley*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,468
vCash: 500
CUP! hahahah

for anyone who saw this quote yesterday.

we are the best team and it's carved in stone lol

16 To Stanley* is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 12:38 PM
  #359
Sticky Fingers
NYR
 
Sticky Fingers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,536
vCash: 500
What's Hrivik like? Would someone like to give me a brief scout report?

Exellent news on Staal!!!

Sticky Fingers is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 12:52 PM
  #360
toastbag
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 132
vCash: 500
Before anyone gets their hopes up too much regarding Staal, it looks like he is only traveling with the team so he can see his brothers tomorrow, then he is flying back to NY. Sucks but the reality is maybe he's not all that close to coming back.

toastbag is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 12:55 PM
  #361
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toastbag View Post
Before anyone gets their hopes up too much regarding Staal, it looks like he is only traveling with the team so he can see his brothers tomorrow, then he is flying back to NY. Sucks but the reality is maybe he's not all that close to coming back.
That's the thing though

"So he can SEE his brothers tomorrow"

He can see again! It's a miracle!!

JohnC is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 12:57 PM
  #362
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
What's Hrivik like? Would someone like to give me a brief scout report?
http://snyrangersblog.com/prospects/...-marek-hrivik/

Big kid, good hands. Not the best skater from what I've read, but that's from old scouting reports. Not sure how much his skating has improved since then. I've also read that he avoids the dirty areas, but Gordie talks about him being willing to take a hit to make a play.

He signed a PTO with Hartford last year and led the team in scoring in the playoffs. He's had some injuries this year which have really limited his playing time, but despite that he's manage to put up 22 points in 32 games as a rookie.

GAGLine is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 12:58 PM
  #363
nyrpassion
Vetted.
 
nyrpassion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington DC
Country: United States
Posts: 4,219
vCash: 500
Holy ****, so excited for a Moore-MDZ pairing

nyrpassion is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 01:30 PM
  #364
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 8,517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
http://snyrangersblog.com/prospects/...-marek-hrivik/

Big kid, good hands. Not the best skater from what I've read, but that's from old scouting reports. Not sure how much his skating has improved since then. I've also read that he avoids the dirty areas, but Gordie talks about him being willing to take a hit to make a play.

He signed a PTO with Hartford last year and led the team in scoring in the playoffs. He's had some injuries this year which have really limited his playing time, but despite that he's manage to put up 22 points in 32 games as a rookie.

His skating is fine.

Beacon is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 01:49 PM
  #365
MTrangers
Registered User
 
MTrangers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blooblood View Post
does moore play the right side?

McD-G
staal-stralsy
dz-moore

that has to be one of the most solid defenses in the league
I'd assume it's

McD-Girardi
Staal-MDZ
Moore-Stralsy

MTrangers is online now  
Old
04-05-2013, 02:59 PM
  #366
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
http://snyrangersblog.com/prospects/...-marek-hrivik/

Big kid, good hands. Not the best skater from what I've read, but that's from old scouting reports. Not sure how much his skating has improved since then. I've also read that he avoids the dirty areas, but Gordie talks about him being willing to take a hit to make a play.

He signed a PTO with Hartford last year and led the team in scoring in the playoffs. He's had some injuries this year which have really limited his playing time, but despite that he's manage to put up 22 points in 32 games as a rookie.
His skating is fine. He's also very good along the boards. Great puck possession player and will take hits to make plays. The thing he really needs to work on is putting the puck on net more often. Pass-first kind of guy, but had he not been hurt, we likely wouldn't have seen much of Kreider earlier in the year. He was the guy to get the nod.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 03:28 PM
  #367
Sticky Fingers
NYR
 
Sticky Fingers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,536
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
His skating is fine. He's also very good along the boards. Great puck possession player and will take hits to make plays. The thing he really needs to work on is putting the puck on net more often. Pass-first kind of guy, but had he not been hurt, we likely wouldn't have seen much of Kreider earlier in the year. He was the guy to get the nod.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
http://snyrangersblog.com/prospects/...-marek-hrivik/

Big kid, good hands. Not the best skater from what I've read, but that's from old scouting reports. Not sure how much his skating has improved since then. I've also read that he avoids the dirty areas, but Gordie talks about him being willing to take a hit to make a play.

He signed a PTO with Hartford last year and led the team in scoring in the playoffs. He's had some injuries this year which have really limited his playing time, but despite that he's manage to put up 22 points in 32 games as a rookie.

Thanks guys!!!

Sticky Fingers is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 03:49 PM
  #368
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,941
vCash: 500
I read somewhere Moores got a 98 mph shot?

Unleash that ****.

Nice to hear Staal is progressing. If he starts skating lightly next week, maybe just maybe he be back with about 3-5 games left. Pure speculation on my part. He could also shut it down for the year. Who knows. As long as hes healthy for next season thats all that matters.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 10:54 AM
  #369
Crease
Registered User
 
Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,833
vCash: 500
Per Andrew Gross: Miller is on the ice this morning with Biron. Taking shots.

Crease is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 11:40 AM
  #370
FromTheSide
Registered User
 
FromTheSide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 22,983
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I read somewhere Moores got a 98 mph shot?

Unleash that ****.

Nice to hear Staal is progressing. If he starts skating lightly next week, maybe just maybe he be back with about 3-5 games left. Pure speculation on my part. He could also shut it down for the year. Who knows. As long as hes healthy for next season thats all that matters.
a CBJ fan mentioned it on their "report" of moore. Although they said he rarely uses the shot and that 98mph was clocked at a skills competition.

FromTheSide is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 09:33 AM
  #371
Graves94
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 436
vCash: 500
I was watching the Canes broadcast on NHL Center Ice, and they mentioned that Staal is doing better, but that he had to wear special sunglasses when they went outside in the sun. Doesn't sound good...

Graves94 is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 09:57 AM
  #372
NYRCSKA*
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Parts unknown
Posts: 621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I read somewhere Moores got a 98 mph shot?

Unleash that ****.

Nice to hear Staal is progressing. If he starts skating lightly next week, maybe just maybe he be back with about 3-5 games left. Pure speculation on my part. He could also shut it down for the year. Who knows. As long as hes healthy for next season thats all that matters.
The shot is about as accurate as Girardi's though. He rarely releases the beast because he knows it will be wide and high

NYRCSKA* is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 10:02 AM
  #373
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,728
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRCSKA View Post
The shot is about as accurate as Girardi's though. He rarely releases the beast because he knows it will be wide and high
In fact his goal the other night vs the Pens looked like it was going wide until Fleury flowered it all up.

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 12:36 PM
  #374
Rust Heisenberg
Registered User
 
Rust Heisenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves94 View Post
I was watching the Canes broadcast on NHL Center Ice, and they mentioned that Staal is doing better, but that he had to wear special sunglasses when they went outside in the sun. Doesn't sound good...
You never know with eye injuries. I was hit in the eye once w a piece of tree bark and I nearly lost eye sight in it. It took 2 weeks from such a menial injury for me to be able to even see the correct coloring out of that eye (everything was tinted blue). I had to wear an eye patch for the first week too, so that's a 3 week recovery, and the eye was still sensitive to light and stung occasionally for a few weeks after that. Now imagine bone chips and fluid floating around near your eye in addition to the pressure that must have occurred from the impact of the injury and the swelling afterwards. It's been 4 weeks. Eye injuries take time.

Rust Heisenberg is offline  
Old
04-08-2013, 10:49 AM
  #375
Kane One
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 28,435
vCash: 1343
When is Staal supposed to play? Has there been any estimates yet?

__________________
Kane One is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.