HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

The Rumours and Speculation Thread #4

Closed Thread

Old
04-05-2013, 11:39 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Would you trade couturier for a guy like Ryan Murray if the jackets were willing?

And do you really believe a 2nd would get you Rundblad? I don't.
I would make the deal for Murray, though I doubt CBJ would. I think I read that the reason they traded Moore was because of how highly they thought of Murray. I don't see them dealing Murray if that is true, especially since Moore was just trade.

Also, I absolutely cannot believe that Gaborik waived his NTC to go to CBJ. I get he wanted out of New York, but I didn't see that coming.

Old
04-05-2013, 11:40 AM
BrimFullofAsham45

vCash: 500
I think it would be a grave mistake to trade Couturier, unless we are talking Weber or a defensman of his calibre (ie. Not bloody likely).

I just cant imagine Yandle or Rundblad or the like being a solution.

Old
04-05-2013, 11:44 AM
blinds

vCash: 50
I really don't want to move couts for yandle or prospects, especially while his value is lower than it should be. I'd really only like to see him moved as a package with someone like Coburn for a #1 or very solid prospect. If we're looking at unproven prospects like gormley (I'll admit i know jack **** about him) I'd rather center something around Laughton who's had a good year and has good relative value. I still think couturier has potential to be really dominant in this league.

Old
04-05-2013, 12:43 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Would you trade couturier for a guy like Ryan Murray if the jackets were willing?

And do you really believe a 2nd would get you Rundblad? I don't.

I think it would. Both Rundblad and Gormley are still unproven players. Im not interested in giving up Couturier for a prospect.
Isnt Murray coming off a serious injury?

Old
04-05-2013, 12:49 PM
FlyersMania2

Not sure if there is any truth to this - a friend posted it from a blog but supposedly (and I apologize if it was posted elsewhere):

We offered:

To PHX: Coots+Read+ 1st

for: Yandle

SMH

Old
04-05-2013, 12:50 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersMania2 View Post
Not sure if there is any truth to this - a friend posted it from a blog but supposedly (and I apologize if it was posted elsewhere):

We offered:

SMH
Well the rumor was the Coyotes were looking for a package of 2 impact forwards(1 with #1 center potential) and a pick. That package suits those demands perfectly. I don't think its true.

Old
04-05-2013, 12:54 PM
Appleyard

vCash: 165
I'd want Ekman-Larsson... but that aint gona happen, guy is a stud already.

He's going to be a No.1 for a long time.

Old
04-05-2013, 12:55 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:

We offered:

SMH
I believe Phoenix would've taken that and run. I highly doubt that was offered. I wouldn't trade that package for anything short of a top 10 dman in the league who's young.

Old
04-05-2013, 12:55 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:

We offered:

SMH
That's arguably more than Richards or Carter got.

**** that noise.

I think that's what Phoenix asked for, not what we offered because Pheonix would've taken that **** in a heartbeat.

Old
04-05-2013, 12:58 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Honestly, I'm scared ****less to trade Couts right now. I'd rather do less and trade our 1st, Mez and someone else to try to draft for some like Nurse/Pulock. You spend less for a player that might possibly turn out better than Yandle (I know, no NHL experience, but you know what, the drafting guys like Nurse/Pulock is more fun especially if we don't give up as much).

Old
04-05-2013, 01:00 PM
Prongo
Beer

I am only for trading Couts for a defenseman if we get a stud though the draft. (Drouin, Mackinnon, Barkov) but if we draft a defender I say keep him. Laughton can play as our 4th line center next year.

Giroux/Schenn/Couts/Laughton is sexy down the middle.

Old
04-05-2013, 01:02 PM
Appleyard

vCash: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Honestly, I'm scared ****less to trade Couts right now. I'd rather do less and trade our 1st, Mez and someone else to try to draft for some like Nurse/Pulock. You spend less for a player that might possibly turn out better than Yandle (I know, no NHL experience, but you know what, the drafting guys like Nurse/Pulock is more fun especially if we don't give up as much).
After looking at the percentages for top 5 picks the other day... if we have the 8th package Mez+ 8th + another pick or two to try and get 5th and almost double the chance of getting a stud! Though in a draft that has this much depth that may be unnecessary.

Old
04-05-2013, 01:03 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
I would say Mez has zero to little value right now. If he wasn't making more money next year than his actual cap hit I could see teams interested in him. A team taken him off our hands is more of a favor than a gain for them. At this point he's more of a burden than an asset.

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 04-05-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Old
04-05-2013, 01:16 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I am only for trading Couts for a defenseman if we get a stud though the draft. (Drouin, Mackinnon, Barkov) but if we draft a defender I say keep him. Laughton can play as our 4th line center next year.

Giroux/Schenn/Couts/Laughton is sexy down the middle.
If only cap didn't exist and we could hold on to these guys.

Old
04-29-2013, 11:37 AM
Prongo
Beer

Well since the season is over I figured we could bring this thread back up.

The season has been over what? 48 hours now and two rumors have popped up. Tim Thomas wanting to come here and now again with Vanek. Going to be an interesting off season, like always.

Old
04-29-2013, 11:44 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:

The season has been over what? 48 hours now and two rumors have popped up. Tim Thomas wanting to come here and now again with Vanek. Going to be an interesting off season, like always.
If Vanek gets bought out, I'll take a stab at him once we buyout Briere.

That said, if we sign him, you almost HAVE to buyout Bryzgalov after next season to make sure you have room for the 3 golden children. Giroux will probably get 6.5m/year unless he drops another 90 next season. I could see Couturier and Schenn getting 3.5m/year each if they come close to the 50 point mark next season; 2.75m-3.00m if they fall short.

Old
04-29-2013, 11:46 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
If Vanek gets bought out, I'll take a stab at him once we buyout Briere.

That said, if we sign him, you almost HAVE to buyout Bryzgalov after next season to make sure you have room for the 3 golden children.
Not a chance Vanek is bought out. He would be highly sought out after on the trade market.

I proposed instead of having to buy out Briere, try to include him in the trade. Literally as a throw in. They still get the value but Briere to help mentor the young guns they have coming up there. Only of course if Briere would be willing.

Old
04-29-2013, 11:47 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Not a chance Vanek is bought out. He would be highly sought out after on the trade market.

I proposed instead of having to buy out Briere, try to include him in the trade. Literally as a throw in. They still get the value but Briere to help mentor the young guns they have coming up there. Only of course if Briere would be willing.
Not interested enough in Vanek to trade for him. Sorry.

Old
04-29-2013, 12:00 PM
flyersguy33*

Quote:

do you have a link for the Thomas rumor or anything? not questioning, just interested

Old
04-29-2013, 12:04 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Not interested enough in Vanek to trade for him. Sorry.
Really? I am completely in agreement that getting Vanek is unrealistic because of a) what it would take to trade for him and b) his cap hit. But what's not to like about a sniper who has averaged 32 goals and 63 points over the past 7 seasons (including this one), and who is money in the SO?

Old
04-29-2013, 12:04 PM
Mota

I'd be fine with bringing in Thomas next year if they buy Bryz out. I know hes 39 and took a year off...but he just seems like one of those freaks like Selanne, Jagr, St Louis, etc that just doesnt slow down with age. It sounds like he is highly motivated and if him and Mason can push each other...it could be good.

Vanek is tempting but I dont really see the need to trade for him with our other needs. Homer did say he wants to add size though, so it would not surprise me at all if one of Vanek, Clowe, Ryan, or Horton end up here next year.

Briere+Read+2nd+Akeson or something is about the most id give up for Vanek...and that wouldnt get it done.

Old
04-29-2013, 12:17 PM
Flyerfan4life

T.Thomas + Mason next year would be an amazing combo for us.

godam i hope that rumor has some basis in fact.

Old
04-29-2013, 12:37 PM
Jack de la Hoya

No interest in trading for Vanek--at all. We'd certainly have to give up at least Couturier or our 2013 1st plus other assets to get him, and I'm not really seeing how he's anything more than a 1-year rental on this team, unless there are other major changes coming. Whatever movable assets we have should be used on a PMD--if we are going to make a move at all.

I'd prefer a quieter summer, but this is the Flyers.

Old
04-29-2013, 12:43 PM
Krishna

Huge shake up :

Vanek + Myers + Miller

for

Coturier + Coburn + Bryzgalov + 1st

Old
04-29-2013, 12:46 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline