HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Alexei Emelin Thread

Old
04-05-2013, 10:22 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post

Here we go again, some big haymakers by Kane thankfully didn't land on Emelin's face. I'd heard Emelin could get blinded or killed if the metal plate(s?) were jarred loose. Are Emelin and the Habs now in denial about the dangers or are they not as grave as I'd thought?
The man can handle his own business, I think he knows the danger of him getting into a fighter better than any of us or on the Habs. So if he is going to fight let me fight. Other than in the Chara fight, its not like he has been getting jumped.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:27 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I guess it's never going to happen but I would move Subban up with Markov so that Emelin can return to the LD position.
Last year he mainly played RD, played RD with Kaberle, and Markov at the end of the year. Only time he played LD was when he got to play with Diaz a few games.

He isn't hitting as much because coaching staff seems to want them to be better positional.

The only thing that affects playing your offwing, is handling the puck, when your playing on your off wing you need to be on your back hand a lot more, and Emelin is actually better good at handling the puck, so its a lot a none issue with him playing RD.

Old
04-05-2013, 10:38 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
The man can handle his own business, I think he knows the danger of him getting into a fighter better than any of us or on the Habs. So if he is going to fight let me fight. Other than in the Chara fight, its not like he has been getting jumped.
Support this it solves the problem.

But can you fight?

JLP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 11:31 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Support this it solves the problem.

But can you fight?
LMAO

***let HIM fight

Old
04-05-2013, 12:30 PM
overlords
Hfboards

lol kane was so mad.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 01:02 PM
windycity

Emelin is going to really get his clock cleaned one off these days, and I fear it could end his career. The guy can't fight, he should accept it and not do it

on a side note, I would not want to have to fight Evander Kane, he's a tough kid

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 01:08 PM
Et le But

I don't want anyone risking their long term health for hockey, especially fighting, but without knowing what the doctors and coaches are saying to him we need to at some point trust Emelin knows what he's doing.

He's the type of player who thrives playing a tough game, I hope everyone around him discourages him from risking his vision to fight but at some point it's up to Emelin himself to do what's best. Perhaps the metal plate isn't as much of a threat anymore.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 01:45 PM
roy munson
Bon voyage capitaine

Not about last night but I'm curious: why do some people outside of our fanbase think someone like Emelin should be able to answer the bell? Why do a player that delivers a hard clean hit have to answer the bell? Who made up those new rules?

roy munson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 01:45 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy munson View Post
Not about last night but I'm curious: why do some people outside of our fanbase think someone like Emelin should be able to answer the bell? Why do a player that delivers a hard clean hit have to answer the bell? Who made up those new rules?
Insecure people.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 01:49 PM
roy munson
Bon voyage capitaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Insecure people.
Are you talking about who I think you're talking about?

roy munson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 01:49 PM
Domenic

Quote:
Thing is, he does answer the bell, face plate and all. Just that he never wins his fights.

Domenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 01:54 PM
Et le But

Quote:
People idealise hockey fights as some sort of honourable bushido code between warriors. Like the only way pro hockey players that risk injury and pain daily can prove their masculinity is by fighting to settle any physical play.

If Emelin wants to fight to show he doesn't back down and isn't risking his eyesight, okay, but he should try picking his spots a little. Respect for his willingness to stand up for himself though.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 02:01 PM
habdynasty

Quote:
I dont know who made the rule but its been around for 100 years.

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 02:04 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domenic View Post
Thing is, he does answer the bell, face plate and all. Just that he never wins his fights.
Can't win fights when you know one punch in the upper face will drive a metal plate into your eye and cut it in half. Tends to remove confidence.

Emelin should not have to fight for clean play and hard hits, and Prust/Moen should ****ing well defend him when this **** happens. I was pissed off they did not.

However, I think every guy in the NHL knows Emelin's deal.

Kane does, that's why he punched the top of his head, no uppercuts. I like Kane for that. Emelin will be blinded if he fights an idiot who does not know that though. And Prust/Moen had better know the difference.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 02:10 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by habdynasty View Post
I dont know who made the rule but its been around for 100 years.
Wrong. Dirty play, you fight. Clean hit, no matter how hard, you laugh, get up, and keep playing, or you go out on a stretcher. If you don't go out on a stretcher, then hit the guy back as hard as you can next shift.

THAT used to be the rule, and you are incorrect in stating otherwise.

You are totally wrong. The increasing fighting in the NHL for clean hits is pissing me off. It's for *******.

Last edited by bsl: 04-05-2013 at 02:19 PM.
bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 02:14 PM
habdynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Wrong. Dirty play, you fight. Clean hit, no matter how hard, you laugh, get up, and keep playing, or you go out on a stretcher. If you don't, then hit the guy back as hard as you can next shift.

You are totally wrong. The increasing fighting in the NHL for clean hits is pissing me off. It's for *******.
I agree thats the way it should be but its not. Fighting wont be banned untill a player dies on the ice.

Old
04-05-2013, 02:19 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Wrong. Dirty play, you fight. Clean hit, no matter how hard, you laugh, get up, and keep playing, or you go out on a stretcher. If you don't go out on a stretcher, then hit the guy back as hard as you can next shift.

Although i haven't been watching hockey for that long, it's pretty clear that all big hits now are followed by a fight or goon jumping the hitter, which wasn't the case not that long ago. At least not at this rate.

***** don't apply in the PO's. No time for entertaining the crowd with meaningless fights after every hit.

uiCk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 02:35 PM
habdynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
Although i haven't been watching hockey for that long, it's pretty clear that all big hits now are followed by a fight or goon jumping the hitter, which wasn't the case not that long ago. At least not at this rate.

***** don't apply in the PO's. No time for entertaining the crowd with meaningless fights after every hit.
Times have changed , The habs nords use to brawl in the playoffs. I have been watching hockey since the 70s , the game was violent in those days.

Old
04-05-2013, 08:33 PM
Teufelsdreck

He's considered to be a dirty player by the louts on that cesspool of a board out there. The irony of it! I hope they scream with frustrated rage after he upends a few frothy-mouthed forwards coming down his wing.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote