HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tough loss 5-3

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-05-2013, 02:09 PM
  #451
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 6,084
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
Rosehill or McClaren. Basically the same player. I prefer Rosehill myself
At least they can skate at an nhl level, unfortunatly they can't play at that level skill wise.

FreeBird is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 02:09 PM
  #452
pspot
Registered User
 
pspot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kitchener
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBird View Post
Not really, it's hurtfull to watch your beloved team get pushed around, but when you go over the rosters of other teams and the match up's and your honest with yourself it's inevetable that's going to happen.
its the difference between team toughness and having goons

hopefully Leafs add some players like Clarkson this summer. they are worth every penny beyond just looking at stats...especially come playoffs

pspot is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 02:09 PM
  #453
diceman934
LINT must go!
 
diceman934's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NHL player factory
Posts: 7,829
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorityRules View Post
I ****ing knew there'd be someone come in here and blame that goal on Kessel. That goal was all on Kostka. He had plenty of time to make that pass and he banked it off the boards directly to the Flyer player on the point. He didn't throw it around the boards, he banked it off the boards to nobody. Listening to your opinions leads me to believe you haven't got a clue how to play the game.

Kessel was one of the best players in the game last night despite not showing up on the scoreboard. Take your hate glasses off slick and watch the game without bias.
Personal attacks, does not change the fact that Kessel started to curl to the middle when he saw the Philly D man start to move down the wall, the D man was under pressure from behind and Kessel hung hims out to dry...He bank it off the wall to know one.....you mean he passed it to where Kessel was just before he curl into the middle. He did not have plenty of time to make that pass.....he had to get past the net before he could make a stick to stick pass....he could have rimmed the puck up the wall, but he had time to make a stick to stick pass, but the Houdini act of Kessel made him look back. Kessel was great with the puck but his fear was at an all time high last night, maybe we can get him a concrete purse to hit people with.

I do not have hate glasses, I have realist glasses that allow me to see the good and the bad...

One last time.....My name is not slick....

diceman934 is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 02:39 PM
  #454
diceman934
LINT must go!
 
diceman934's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NHL player factory
Posts: 7,829
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeafGardens View Post
Surprised there is no thread on the 2 former team mates dropping the gloves last night interesting sideshow tilt...

Could that be because 2 BIG left hands by Rosehill dropped the Leaf goon Orr like a sack o' potatoes?

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/117232
Rosehill did not drop him, Orr missed with a punch and caused him to lose his balance. Rosehill did land a couple of punches and if scoring a fight would be considered the winner, but he did not drop him!

diceman934 is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 02:39 PM
  #455
hotpaws
Registered User
 
hotpaws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9,296
vCash: 3501
Quote:
Originally Posted by diceman934 View Post
Personal attacks, does not change the fact that Kessel started to curl to the middle when he saw the Philly D man start to move down the wall, the D man was under pressure from behind and Kessel hung hims out to dry...He bank it off the wall to know one.....you mean he passed it to where Kessel was just before he curl into the middle. He did not have plenty of time to make that pass.....he had to get past the net before he could make a stick to stick pass....he could have rimmed the puck up the wall, but he had time to make a stick to stick pass, but the Houdini act of Kessel made him look back. Kessel was great with the puck but his fear was at an all time high last night, maybe we can get him a concrete purse to hit people with.

I do not have hate glasses, I have realist glasses that allow me to see the good and the bad...

One last time.....My name is not slick....
People pick and choose who to blame for a goal depending who the players are . If that was DP making the pass to say , Mac the blame would have shifted to the winger .

hotpaws is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 02:43 PM
  #456
pcruz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Vaughan
Country: Portugal
Posts: 1,450
vCash: 500
I find it hilarious that people are actually blaming a forward for a defenceman making a stupid pass to an opponent leading directly to a goal.

Obviously, those two players were the only ones on the ice for the team at that time and if that one forward wasn't in position to receive the pass, the d-man had no other choice but to cough it up.

It makes absolutely perfect sense logically. There were no other options other than to pass it directly to the Flyers' forward.

pcruz is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 02:45 PM
  #457
showtime8
Registered User
 
showtime8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,607
vCash: 500
Orr stepped on a stick and that's why he fell.

Watch as his right skate clips a stick and then tries to throw while he's falling.


I think Rosey would have clocked him anyways, but I don't think it was as bad as it seems.

showtime8 is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 02:46 PM
  #458
ACC1224
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 31,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpaws View Post
People pick and choose who to blame for a goal depending who the players are . If that was DP making the pass to say , Mac the blame would have shifted to the winger .
Like for some whenever Kessel's on the ice.

Most know when he's at fault, that time he wasn't.

ACC1224 is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 02:47 PM
  #459
KuleminFan41
Registered User
 
KuleminFan41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Portugal
Posts: 4,879
vCash: 500
Rosehill wasn't even that good at fighting.

KuleminFan41 is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 02:50 PM
  #460
SpeakerForTheDead
Registered User
 
SpeakerForTheDead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brampton/Chicago
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,924
vCash: 500
Yeah, McClaren is a much better fighter and player than Rosehill. We definitely upgraded in that regard.

__________________
bWo -- Minister of Foreign Affairs
SpeakerForTheDead is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 02:51 PM
  #461
93gilmour93
Registered User
 
93gilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBird View Post
In the end the Flyers have too many guys that can play and take the body with authority for the Leafs to match up with. When you have guys who can punish and score while playing 20 minutes a game the Leafs just don't match up, you can't play goons that much or they will be expossed for their overall lack of talent.
Enough talent to be sitting in a playoff spot while the mighty flyers miss the playoffs

93gilmour93 is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 02:53 PM
  #462
MapleLeafGardens*
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by diceman934 View Post
Rosehill did not drop him, Orr missed with a punch and caused him to lose his balance. Rosehill did land a couple of punches and if scoring a fight would be considered the winner, but he did not drop him!
LOL...i'll go with my own eyes and the comments off non leafs biased hockeyfights.com Rosie clearly dropped Orr with 2 enormous left hands!!

Like i said earlier in the season Orr is a waste of a roster spot.

MapleLeafGardens* is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 02:55 PM
  #463
Pi
Registered User
 
Pi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,434
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBird View Post
In the end the Flyers have too many guys that can play and take the body with authority for the Leafs to match up with. When you have guys who can punish and score while playing 20 minutes a game the Leafs just don't match up, you can't play goons that much or they will be expossed for their overall lack of talent.
That explains why the Leafs are 2-1 against the Flyers this season.

Love how so many people come out of the woodworks as soon as the Leafs lose a game.

We went 5-0-3 in the last eight before last night.

People need to stop *****ing and realize that despite the Leafs weren't going to finish 48-0.


Last edited by Pi: 04-05-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Pi is online now  
Old
04-05-2013, 02:56 PM
  #464
The Reaper
Men of Mayhem
 
The Reaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,017
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoLeafsGo2626 View Post
Honestly, as a Leafs fan and a goalie I don't think goalie interference should have been called on the goal. Hall may have slightly tapped Reimer with his stick but it doesn't look like he actually interfered with Reimer's ability to stop the puck, as the rule dictates. James always gets very territorial when players get near his crease (as he should) but in this case he distracted himself and got beat. Oh well, let's hope Lupul will get better soon and that the Leafs burn the boats against Jersey.
Hall was holding Reims stick with his own stick

The Reaper is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 02:59 PM
  #465
KuleminFan41
Registered User
 
KuleminFan41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Portugal
Posts: 4,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeafGardens View Post
LOL...i'll go with my own eyes and the comments off non leafs biased hockeyfights.com Rosie clearly dropped Orr with 2 enormous left hands!!

Like i said earlier in the season Orr is a waste of a roster spot.
Where were you when he was winning fights?

KuleminFan41 is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 03:01 PM
  #466
TootooTrain
-
 
TootooTrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
Schenn icing the win for the Flyers overshadowed the JVR goal.
Really? A bouncing, curling puck that had eyes for an open net overshadowed a great individual effort? Maybe for you. Schenn did have a good game though overall.

Edit: I forgot it was mess making the comment for a second.


Last edited by TootooTrain: 04-05-2013 at 03:17 PM.
TootooTrain is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 03:04 PM
  #467
hotpaws
Registered User
 
hotpaws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9,296
vCash: 3501
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
Like for some whenever Kessel's on the ice.

Most know when he's at fault, that time he wasn't.
Kessel should have been at the hash marks on the boards not circling away from there because his spider sense told him the pinching D may have hit him .

hotpaws is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 03:09 PM
  #468
Deebo
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
Sounds like you couldn't be happier.
Yup, Schenn was a Fletcher pick and Burke traded him for JVR.

We all know how mess operates.

Deebo is online now  
Old
04-05-2013, 03:11 PM
  #469
CanadasTeam
Registered User
 
CanadasTeam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tarrana
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
When Luke Schenn nearly plastered Kessel into the boards, I feared for Phil's life on that play.

Schenn was looking to erase him, and Kessel just squeaked through along the boards, avoiding being run over.

Schenn icing the win for the Flyers overshadowed the JVR goal.
I imagined your facial reaction when it happened:


CanadasTeam is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 03:11 PM
  #470
skacore
Registered User
 
skacore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,947
vCash: 500
Rosehill caught Orr with a punch last night, it happens. Especially when you fight wide open like Orr does. In a 10 fight series Orr takes it, he's the better fighter. What do you expect, him to go undefeated throughout his career? And you're sick of seeing Orr get "dummied"? Dummied, really? Did you hear someone else use that word on a message board and you wanted to try and use it? Doesn't fit here. He's lost a couple fights this year but hasn't been dummied since Brashear played in this league.

skacore is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 03:14 PM
  #471
Kesselology
License to Phil
 
Kesselology's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
Rosehill or McClaren. Basically the same player. I prefer Rosehill myself
I know he scored against us last night, but McLaren has as many goals this season as Rosehill does in his entire career (a whopping 3.) McLaren's also 2 inches taller, 20 pounds heavier and a tier above in the fighting world. Plus he laughed in Josh Gorge's face.

Kesselology is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 03:17 PM
  #472
The Reaper
Men of Mayhem
 
The Reaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,017
vCash: 50
The only good thing about last's night game is that we won the season series against the Flyers

The Reaper is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 03:25 PM
  #473
RASHBEEP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
When Luke Schenn nearly plastered Kessel into the boards, I feared for Phil's life on that play.

Schenn was looking to erase him, and Kessel just squeaked through along the boards, avoiding being run over.

Schenn icing the win for the Flyers overshadowed the JVR goal.
usually we end sarcastic remarks like these with

RASHBEEP is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 03:30 PM
  #474
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf
 
RealisticLeaf55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ottawa, On.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
When Luke Schenn nearly plastered Kessel into the boards, I feared for Phil's life on that play.

Schenn was looking to erase him, and Kessel just squeaked through along the boards, avoiding being run over.

Schenn icing the win for the Flyers overshadowed the JVR goal.
Despite the last 10 games. JvR's play as a leaf has severely overshadowed Schenn's season

RealisticLeaf55 is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 03:31 PM
  #475
Eb
TML
 
Eb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,363
vCash: 500
My goodness, this OP...

Eb is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.