HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Belleville Bulls 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-05-2013, 02:23 PM
  #851
ImaBullsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 913
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
Shouldn't the Bulls have Saginaw's 3rd from the Steven Strong trade, and Plymouth's 3rd from the Andy Bathgate trade? If so, it would be great if George could package his late 2nd with one of those 3rds to move up in the 2nd round. I'd like to see Belleville land YSE d-man Schlitchting, hopefully they can do it in the 2nd round rather than the first, but he's a 15th-35th overall type guy IMO. I'm big on Henley from Oakville as well, but I'm not sure if he's still going to be around at 18.
I think they traded the Plymouth pick already, and the Saginaw 3rd was conditional and obviously that condition wasnt met? Your guess is good as mine to who we will select? Many mocks have the bulls picking Ethan Szypula, Mitch Van DeSomple or Austin Clapham? So we will see tomorrow i guess?

ImaBullsfan is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 03:19 PM
  #852
Luvtowatch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
I think they traded the Plymouth pick already, and the Saginaw 3rd was conditional and obviously that condition wasnt met? Your guess is good as mine to who we will select? Many mocks have the bulls picking Ethan Szypula, Mitch Van DeSomple or Austin Clapham? So we will see tomorrow i guess?
Don't you think the Bulls are going to need some scoring again?

Luvtowatch is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 03:32 PM
  #853
ImaBullsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 913
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtowatch View Post
Don't you think the Bulls are going to need some scoring again?
Sure they will! This years draft is top loaded with d-men, their is about 6-8 high end forwards, and at 18 not sure if any will be left by then? So going best player available is the most likely route George will take IMO

ImaBullsfan is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 03:43 PM
  #854
Luvtowatch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
Sure they will! This years draft is top loaded with d-men, their is about 6-8 high end forwards, and at 18 not sure if any will be left by then? So going best player available is the most likely route George will take IMO
Probably. Bulls have basically a rookie in DeSousa on defence, and 3 forwards from last draft so its a pretty good head start.

Luvtowatch is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 03:52 PM
  #855
ImaBullsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 913
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtowatch View Post
Probably. Bulls have basically a rookie in DeSousa on defence, and 3 forwards from last draft so its a pretty good head start.
Last week Jack interviewed Barclay Branch and he said he fully expects some draft choices from last year to make the team, like Brody Morris. Looks like we dont have a 3rd round pick this year? That really sucks!

ImaBullsfan is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 04:03 PM
  #856
Luvtowatch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
Last week Jack interviewed Barclay Branch and he said he fully expects some draft choices from last year to make the team, like Brody Morris. Looks like we dont have a 3rd round pick this year? That really sucks!
Bulls first 4 really didn't have a chance this year, except for Petti , and have lots of potential.

Luvtowatch is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 11:30 PM
  #857
JSavoire
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtowatch View Post
Bulls first 4 really didn't have a chance this year, except for Petti , and have lots of potential.
You have 4 young forwards and 1 young D that have gained little experience this year but that will hopefully get developed next year as the cupboard is somewhat bare as far as # of Draft picks. Besides, 1st year Draft picks are not gonna help you win games as their job is to get acclimatized to the league and start to develop.

As for Draft pick my guess would be a couple on Defense for sure and a high pick goalie. You're losing Cardwell and Silas on D right off the hop and maybe Austin! That's going to be near impossible to replace immediately and George will never go with more than two young totally inexperienced D (especially with Malcolm gone). Expect one, maybe two OA's to be shopped for another experienced D so the top 4 will all have experience and DeSousa and 1st round D will be #5 and #6. #7 will be someone from Tier II.

On forward you will have Quine, Gaunce, Brassard, Zharkov, Curtis, Simmonds, Sandlak, Hooey, Berisha, Petti, M. Camarossa, Heffernan,Draft pick, N. Coric and/or Pandachuk.

Trade deadline one OA forward gets traded for someone younger or a Draft pick or two back. The only varation would be if Graovac was told to stay as an OA by the Wild OR if Quine signs and they take him up. Other change would be if Austin stays as an OA but I've heard Sabres are very high on him since he is SUCH a big boy he'd easily compete at the AHL level physically.

Overall that's what's gonna happen IMHO and it looks like George won't be hurting as bad as some think and will have young guys continuing to develop and restock the cupboards as Vets move on.

JSavoire is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 01:38 AM
  #858
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again
 
chaosrevolver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,974
vCash: 50
Went to the game tonight. Wasn't a full house but it was an awesome atmosphere, one that I haven't personally witnessed since the glory days of the team.

Boys played a good game tonight. Graovac was tremendous! Big game tomorrow.

chaosrevolver is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 09:08 AM
  #859
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam
 
heusy_79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,784
vCash: 500
Bulls go with Justin Lemcke from Whitby. He's a very steady, all-round d-man who can be relied on to shut down the oppositions top players. He has underrated skills and could develop into a top two-way force. Not a bad pick at all, especially with Syzpula being off the board.

heusy_79 is online now  
Old
04-06-2013, 10:31 AM
  #860
ImaBullsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 913
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
Bulls go with Justin Lemcke from Whitby. He's a very steady, all-round d-man who can be relied on to shut down the oppositions top players. He has underrated skills and could develop into a top two-way force. Not a bad pick at all, especially with Syzpula being off the board.
Wow this could be the worst draft of all time, very disappointed so far. Bricknell in the 2nd round, com on? he cant skate! we have the biggest ice in the league.

ImaBullsfan is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 10:36 AM
  #861
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam
 
heusy_79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,784
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
Wow this could be the worst draft of all time, very disappointed so far. Bricknell in the 2nd round, com on? he cant skate! we have the biggest ice in the league.
Really wanted Connor Schlichting at that spot. Him and Lemcke could have developed into a great young pairing together moving forward. What is with the Bulls and going with safe, low ceiling players in round 2? I think Bricknell can be a solid role player in this league but there were certainly more talented players available.

heusy_79 is online now  
Old
04-06-2013, 10:42 AM
  #862
ImaBullsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 913
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
Really wanted Connor Schlichting at that spot. Him and Lemcke could have developed into a great young pairing together moving forward. What is with the Bulls and going with safe, low ceiling players in round 2? I think Bricknell can be a solid role player in this league but there were certainly more talented players available.
Agree 100%

ImaBullsfan is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 11:42 AM
  #863
ohlnhockeynut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 48
vCash: 500
Whats the broadcast's buzz about the 3rd/4th line (however george decides to use them that night) of 10-24-28 not scoring. They are lucky to get 10 shifts a game and have 7 goals (counting curtis goal when he was rotated in with that line). For playing half as much as the top 6 they're doing pretty good, love the energy from all 3, see them more perhaps if they continue?

ohlnhockeynut is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 12:45 PM
  #864
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam
 
heusy_79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,784
vCash: 500
Bulls grab Josh Supryka, local boy and son of assistant coach Jason. Not a favour or anything before people jump to those conclusions. Kid is a smart two-way player with solid skills who should push for one of the four 16 year old cards.

Would love for Belleville to take a chance on Michigan native C Brent Gates. Would have been picked higher if he was likely to report, but he's an effective two-way talent with size and skill, worth a shot at this point. Can always flip the rights to a guy like that later if he won't report ( see McCarron). The type of pick that could make up for having a low 2nd and no 3rds.


Last edited by heusy_79: 04-06-2013 at 01:07 PM.
heusy_79 is online now  
Old
04-06-2013, 04:47 PM
  #865
maldo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 32
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
You have 4 young forwards and 1 young D that have gained little experience this year but that will hopefully get developed next year as the cupboard is somewhat bare as far as # of Draft picks. Besides, 1st year Draft picks are not gonna help you win games as their job is to get acclimatized to the league and start to develop.

As for Draft pick my guess would be a couple on Defense for sure and a high pick goalie. You're losing Cardwell and Silas on D right off the hop and maybe Austin! That's going to be near impossible to replace immediately and George will never go with more than two young totally inexperienced D (especially with Malcolm gone). Expect one, maybe two OA's to be shopped for another experienced D so the top 4 will all have experience and DeSousa and 1st round D will be #5 and #6. #7 will be someone from Tier II.

On forward you will have Quine, Gaunce, Brassard, Zharkov, Curtis, Simmonds, Sandlak, Hooey, Berisha, Petti, M. Camarossa, Heffernan,Draft pick, N. Coric and/or Pandachuk.

Trade deadline one OA forward gets traded for someone younger or a Draft pick or two back. The only varation would be if Graovac was told to stay as an OA by the Wild OR if Quine signs and they take him up. Other change would be if Austin stays as an OA but I've heard Sabres are very high on him since he is SUCH a big boy he'd easily compete at the AHL level physically.

Overall that's what's gonna happen IMHO and it looks like George won't be hurting as bad as some think and will have young guys continuing to develop and restock the cupboards as Vets move on.
Zharkov ???.......I dont think so....he is NHL ready....what cant he do that would warrant him wasting next year in junior...his next step has to be Edmonton or their AHL affiliate

maldo is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 05:10 PM
  #866
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam
 
heusy_79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,784
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maldo View Post
Zharkov ???.......I dont think so....he is NHL ready....what cant he do that would warrant him wasting next year in junior...his next step has to be Edmonton or their AHL affiliate
I'm not sure how often you watch Zharkov, but from someone who is quite familiar with his game, he's probably one more junior season and a year or two in the AHL away from being NHL ready. He needs to develop consistency and continue to work on his feet.

heusy_79 is online now  
Old
04-06-2013, 06:46 PM
  #867
brahmabull
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 95
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maldo View Post
Zharkov ???.......I dont think so....he is NHL ready....what cant he do that would warrant him wasting next year in junior...his next step has to be Edmonton or their AHL affiliate
He was drafted out of Belleville so unless he cracks the already young Edmonton line up he's back here next year. Zharkov is a 94 birth year player so he is only eligible to play a handful of games in the AHL I believe 10, so either he plays in the NHL or its back to junior.

brahmabull is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 12:43 PM
  #868
JSavoire
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maldo View Post
Zharkov ???.......I dont think so....he is NHL ready....what cant he do that would warrant him wasting next year in junior...his next step has to be Edmonton or their AHL affiliate
I think you could argue that not only Zharkov but also Gaunce could play as rookies in the AHL if it weren't for their age. Both will therefore be back next year being 94s.

On another note I guess no one was surprised with the fact the Bulls took a D man in the first round? It wasn't tough to figure out they'd want to restock fast. So that'll be one 16yo spot used up next year for sure, but expect them to sign the 2nd round forward as well and your roster will be full up front (once they bring up Coric).

JSavoire is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 01:30 PM
  #869
ImaBullsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 913
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
I think you could argue that not only Zharkov but also Gaunce could play as rookies in the AHL if it weren't for their age. Both will therefore be back next year being 94s.

On another note I guess no one was surprised with the fact the Bulls took a D man in the first round? It wasn't tough to figure out they'd want to restock fast. So that'll be one 16yo spot used up next year for sure, but expect them to sign the 2nd round forward as well and your roster will be full up front (once they bring up Coric).
What makes you think Coric will be brought up? By all accounts he wasn't really ripping up the league with the dukes?

ImaBullsfan is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 09:16 PM
  #870
Gensfan9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
What makes you think Coric will be brought up? By all accounts he wasn't really ripping up the league with the dukes?
Once you attend the rookie camp, you will see why Coric will be up with the team. You didn't draft one forward who is ohl ready. The 96 draft for the bulls was deep. The 97 draft was a disappointment

Gensfan9 is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 09:29 PM
  #871
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam
 
heusy_79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,784
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
What makes you think Coric will be brought up? By all accounts he wasn't really ripping up the league with the dukes?
I preferred Coric to M. Cramarossa in camp. I think his smarts alone should allow him to cut it in this league. If he gains another half step over this off-season you will see the offense start to come.

heusy_79 is online now  
Old
04-08-2013, 05:52 AM
  #872
brahmabull
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 95
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
What makes you think Coric will be brought up? By all accounts he wasn't really ripping up the league with the dukes?
It shouldn't be a surprise when a 16 year old doesn't tear up the OPJHL there are more 20 year olds in that league then there are in the OHL. There is no cap on 20 year olds, just look at the Trenton Golden Hawks 9 92 birth year players and another 9 93's that's 18 players on the roster 19 and older.

brahmabull is offline  
Old
04-08-2013, 12:35 PM
  #873
JSavoire
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull View Post
It shouldn't be a surprise when a 16 year old doesn't tear up the OPJHL there are more 20 year olds in that league then there are in the OHL. There is no cap on 20 year olds, just look at the Trenton Golden Hawks 9 92 birth year players and another 9 93's that's 18 players on the roster 19 and older.
I believe there is a cap of 10 twenty year olds in Tier II. But, 10 of the PLUS no limit on 19 year olds and you not only get a formidable team but where is a 16 year old going to get ice in that situation? The only way they usually get ice in those scenarios is when parents own the team or have similar interests (i.e. big sponsor, etc.).

JSavoire is offline  
Old
04-08-2013, 05:05 PM
  #874
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam
 
heusy_79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,784
vCash: 500
13-14 Potential lineup - just for fun:

Zharkov- Gaunce - Berisha
Sandlak - Petti - Curtis
Heffernan - Hooey- Bricknell
Cramarossa - Coric - Laishram
Ming - Colella

Bignell - Subban
Worrad - Desousa
Morris - Lemcke

Graham
Lavigne

heusy_79 is online now  
Old
04-08-2013, 06:07 PM
  #875
ImaBullsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 913
vCash: 500
I'll try:

Zharkov-Gaunce-Berisha
Import-Petti-Curtis
Heffernan-Hooey-Sandlak
Bricknell-Cramarossa-Coric

Laishram,Ming.......Rather have Brassard and Quine?

Bignell-DeSousa
Subban-Lemcke
Morris-w\either Worrad or Austin

Trent Shore?


Look for multiple deals in the off-season, some OA's will move on

ImaBullsfan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.